Profile for Geek Dad > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Geek Dad RSS Feed

ASUS Zenbook UX31A-DB51 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (OLD VERSION)
ASUS Zenbook UX31A-DB51 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (OLD VERSION)
Offered by Amazing Lightning Deals
Price: $1,149.99
2 used & new from $749.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice Design but Serious Flaws, October 9, 2012
Bought UX31A for off-to-college daughter. Beautiful execution - slim, light, powerful, and great battery life.

Less than 30 days after opening the box, the keyboard stopped functioning. At least, a diagonal slice of the keyboard died including letters P, L, and M along with the space bar and carriage return. Ever try using a computer without a carriage return key and space bar? I've had dead-on-arrival stuff but never a premium brand-new $1100 laptop that breaks within 30 days.

ASUS wants me to ship them the machine for repairs. They estimate it will take fifteen business days. Let's see - that's one month in use; one month in ASUS service. I might feel grateful towards ASUS if I had spilled coffee on it or dropped it. But I didn't. And I don't want a refurbished computer from ASUS after paying a premium zenbook prime price.

If you think I'm the only one having problems with ASUS keyboard quality control issues, check out ZDNet experience [...]

ASUS customer service wouldn't even offer to send me a replacement / exchange.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2013 1:04 AM PST