Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Fire TV Stick Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Shockster > Reviews

Browse

Shockster's Profile

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shockster RSS Feed (Lexington, KY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Marineland Bio-Wheel Penguin 75 Power Filter, 10-Gallon
Marineland Bio-Wheel Penguin 75 Power Filter, 10-Gallon
Price: $14.59
16 used & new from $11.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead in one month and one week so can't return it. Marineland quality has diminished over the years., February 16, 2016
Died in one month and one week. (can't return it)

It was not very quiet when it worked.

I had a larger version of this product years ago and it was very solid. This product looked unrelated from a quality standpoint. Marineland used to be my "go-to" brand. Nowadays I avoid them unless they are the only ones that make what I need.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2016 11:10 AM PST

Prime-Line Products J 4540 Wall Stop, 2-1/2 in. Outside Diameter Steel Cover w/1-1/8 in. Round Rubber Bumper
Price: $5.02
9 used & new from $4.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, as expected., January 29, 2016
It's decent, pretty much what you would expect. If it cost a third as much I would buy many more of them. But they start adding up.

Z Memory Foam Pillow with Luxurious Velour Washable Cover - Low Loft, Plush - Standard
Offered by LinenSpa
Price: $94.99
3 used & new from $30.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Tried low-loft in both firm and plush versions. I like them both, preference depending on the mattress., January 29, 2016
I tried the low-plush and low-firm. I'm a side sleeper. I can't imagine that I would ever like the high-loft. It seems like the low loft is plenty high for me. I generally prefer a firm pillow as a rule.

You might need to consider your mattress in your pillow decision.
On my latex mattress (which is very firm), I prefer the low-firm.
On my memory foam mattress (which is firm but I sink into), I prefer the low-plush. The low-firm sort of became a high-loft in relation to my sunk-in body.

Focuspro 5000 Non-Programmable Thermostat (TH5110D1006)
Focuspro 5000 Non-Programmable Thermostat (TH5110D1006)
Offered by National_Equipment_Parts
Price: $37.99
39 used & new from $18.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, December 26, 2015
For the price, it certainly works and is simple to use. It feels a little flimsy when installing it (pushing and prying on it getting it on/off mounting bracket).

Recently a family member installed a different model that I think I like better than this one that is similarly priced, which is the White-Rodgers Emerson Blue Easy Set Thermostat - 1F86EZ. I like that it is still fairly easy/basic, but has some programmable options.

Ideally, I would have liked to have had the older round style, but the newer production versions of those get absolutely horrible reviews so I was afraid to try them. I don't like these push buttons because it seems like you have to push the up/down over and over trying to get it to react, then when it does it goes too far. The round model was such a simple twist.

Mr. Heater Corporation Vent Free Flame Natural Gas Heater, 30k BTU, Blue
Mr. Heater Corporation Vent Free Flame Natural Gas Heater, 30k BTU, Blue
Price: $228.31
9 used & new from $199.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like the fast heat and power outage heating option, December 26, 2015
I've now bought three of this style Mr. Heater unit (2 of these, and one 20K btu). I haven't owned other brands so I can't speak to a comparison.

I'm using to heat a 750 sq ft attached garage with basic, but minimal insulation. This heated the garage air about 20 degrees in less than 10 minutes.

As others noted, the description says it has an integrated fan and then also says you have to buy the optional kit. There is NO fan in this unit. My 20K BTU version that I bought a few years ago had a built-in fan included, but the fan was more effective at making noise than moving any air. Because of that, I did not concern myself regarding the inclusion of the fan with this model. I use a desk fan that sits about 15 feet away running on low speed pointed to just above this heater to give subtle air movement so the heating is more even throughout the garage. I plan to install a ceiling fan relatively near the heater's location and have it run on low-speed/reversed to push the warm air away from the ceiling and unit.

I can't speak to the durability of this particular unit yet since I just installed them, but my 20K BTU Mr. Heater had no issues for the 3 winters I used it (no igniter issues, etc.).

If you're hesitating on installing a heater of this type, I urge you to do so if for no other reason than a heat option during a power outage. I also love being able to heat my space so quickly compared to alternatives such as electric space heaters.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2016 11:02 AM PST

Best Price Mattress 6-Inch Memory Foam Mattress, Twin
Best Price Mattress 6-Inch Memory Foam Mattress, Twin
Price: $100.94
3 used & new from $100.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value - very pleased. Not as firm as other reviewers seem to lead on., November 11, 2015
This mattress is a very good value.

I have to disagree with the other reviewers regarding the firmness. It is of medium firmness, not even close to "very firm."

I have a couple higher-end mattresses that use a scale of 1 (soft) to 6 (firm) to describe firmness. I have one that ranks a 5 and one that ranks a 4 and this mattress is not as firm as the 4.

I'm using this mattress to keep under another bed to pull out and use on the floor for guests. It seems like it will be great for that purpose.

I suspect it might sleep hot. I didn't notice when I tried it out because I'm always cold. I wouldn't be a good judge.

I didn't notice any smell. The mattress expanded fully within a few hours. You could never roll this thing back up the way it was packaged. I was able to fold it in half once like a taco and put bungee cords around it to move.

Shop-Vac 2021000 Micro Wet/Dry Vac
Shop-Vac 2021000 Micro Wet/Dry Vac
44 used & new from $26.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Work just fine, hose is too short, and the noise/shrill is unbearable, September 28, 2015
From a suck/vacuum standpoint, it works just fine.

The hose is rigid and very short. You almost have to hold the hose end in one hand and the vacuum body in the other hand. That makes it tough to work sometimes when both hands are full.

The high-pitched shrill and noise level is practically unbearable. I would say it is about as loud as a gas powered lawn mower plus it has the added shrill.

I wish I had spent the money towards a nicer shop vac. I also have a 3 hp 5 gallon "hang up" (the tall cylinder version) that I much prefer over this one.

Neutrogena Men Age Fighter Face Moisturizer with Sunscreen, 1.4 Ounce
Neutrogena Men Age Fighter Face Moisturizer with Sunscreen, 1.4 Ounce
Price: $11.97
16 used & new from $7.00

1.0 out of 5 stars From wonderful to terrible when they changed the formula., September 26, 2015
So I have been using this product for YEARS YEARS YEARS. I have raved about it and recommended it to everyone I know because...

It had a very light feeling (unnoticeable);
Sunscreen everyday on your face/neck is obviously a great idea;
It's reasonably affordable;
It just works really well as a moisturizer.

THEN... they changed the formula. And now it is AWFUL. It now feels VERY heavy and REEKS of sunscreen!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2015 10:47 AM PST

Cuisinart CSB-76W SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, White

Offered by BestSource OfficeSupplies
Price: $123.30
28 used & new from $80.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, March 21, 2015
This unit has lasted longer than the previous design (round tank). The only annoyance is that the paper filter sticks to the basket if left in over night because the heat of the tank dries it out.

The unit could be insulated better. It practically heats the kitchen during the summer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6