Profile for M. Hoang > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Hoang RSS Feed (CA, USA)

C-Line Biodegradable Colored Tab Poly Index Dividers with Slant Pockets, Letter Size, Fits 3-Ring Binders, Multi-Color, One 5-Tab Set (05460)
Offered by -Supermart
Price: $5.82
13 used & new from $3.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Fit into Binder, October 4, 2011
I gave this two stars because I liked how they had pockets to put loose papers. However it doesn't quite fit inside the 1.5 inch Avery binder I bought [[ASIN:B0002LCUQY Avery Flip Back 360 Degree Binder with 1.5 Inch Ring, White, 1 Binder (17590)]. The tabs extend outside the edge of the binder. If you don't mind that then by all means.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2014 5:02 PM PST

How to Solve Word Problems in Algebra, (Proven Techniques from an Expert)
How to Solve Word Problems in Algebra, (Proven Techniques from an Expert)
by Mildred Johnson
Price: $9.04
157 used & new from $1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars I would give this 10 stars if I could!, January 23, 2010
I am studying for the OAT QR section and this book is a godsend. If you have no confidence in your math skills especially when it comes to word problems, this book will solve all your problems (no pun intended)! Each chapter addresses a specific problem type and thoroughly presents different variations of the same exact problem. It has plenty of practice problems for you to hone your new skills and detailed, step-by-step answers at the end of each chapter.

Animal Diversity
Animal Diversity
by Cleveland P. Hickman
55 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessity for Zoology, January 23, 2010
This review is from: Animal Diversity (Paperback)
I usually do not buy the recommended textbook for my classes but I'm glad I bought this book. It gives another point of view besides what my professor went over in class. The book is extremely well organized and each significant classification was given a "General Characteristics" box at the beginning of the chapter. This was a great tool to compare and contrast even small differences between each phylum or class.It went into details on things my professor skimmed through but expected students to know for exams.

Sarah's Key
Sarah's Key
by Tatiana de Rosnay
Price: $8.29
1484 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Riveting novel!, January 18, 2010
This review is from: Sarah's Key (Paperback)
I begrudgingly started reading this last night because my book club meeting was fast approaching. I could not put it down! The novel is hauntingly beautiful and even after I finished it, I kept thinking about it which is the mark of a great novel.

Why only 4 stars? At times I found the book to be overly-mushy like the author was trying too hard to pull at the heartstrings. Also it was a smidge predictable at time.

Great for casual reading or book club selection.

MCAT/GRE Kaplan Test Preparation Guide for Biology
MCAT/GRE Kaplan Test Preparation Guide for Biology
by Neil A. Campbell
15 used & new from $8.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money!, January 18, 2010
I thought this book would be a condensed content review for the MCAT but sadly I was mistaken. It has 2 biology question sets for the MCAT and 2 GRE question sets and that's all! It would be better to buy an actual MCAT review book b/c you'd get more questions and content review.