Profile for jeep_n_co > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jeep_n_co RSS Feed

Under The Dome, Season 1 [HD]
Under The Dome, Season 1 [HD]
Price: $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Started out OK, but doesn't wear well, September 21, 2013
Dean Norris was original draw to this show, too bad it's not nearly as good a Breaking Bad. Typical network schlock. First couple of episodes were pretty good, and I was deliberately avoiding reading about the book on wiki so as not give anything away. After the last couple of episodes, I gave up. Finally just said "screw it" and read the book synopsis, now I no longer feel as though I will be missing anything by skipping the rest of the show. Haven't even watched the final episode yet, I am sure I will get around to it one day but not in a hurry.

AR-15 COMBO Upper & Lower Receiver Vise Block Armorers Gunsmith Tool
AR-15 COMBO Upper & Lower Receiver Vise Block Armorers Gunsmith Tool
Offered by plastixrevolution
Price: $28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, definitely a no-mar finish., April 26, 2013
Held my flat-top receiver very securely in my 6" vise with zero movement, even as I torqued pretty hard on the barrel nut. I have no concerns over the plastic marring the finish, the plastic has a soft and slick feel... Its UHMW Plastic, neat stuff and supposedly tools very similar to wood.

I like how the mag well vise block can accommodate the lower in either orientation (grip up or grip down). Slot in mag well block for mag release to securely hold block in place (again, in either orientation).

I choose this over the clamshell style vise blocks due to the reports of that style not working with some of the more exotic billet uppers and also marring the surface. Since this holds the receiver in tension between the top rail and the lower pivot pin lugs, one could fit virtually anything between the two halves, as long as your upper is an A4 flat top (or A3 as some would say).

The clear plastic anti-torque plates slip over a forward assist with plenty of clearance, and I really see them as somewhat optional once set up in the vise itself. Handy to keep everything together while moving into the vice.

An additional point in this design's favor are it breaks down into very flat components for easy storage.

So far, I have nothing negative to report on this design, so long as you don't mind working on the receiver "sideways". That does not seem to be an impediment so far.

Pioneer VSX-920-K 7.1 Home Theater Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Pioneer VSX-920-K 7.1 Home Theater Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Well, add me to the growing list of people with HDMI problems!, April 26, 2013
Had this receiver for roughly 1 year, and over the course of the last week, I have had intermittent problems with HDMI output to my TV. I have a DirecTv tuner, PS3 and XBox 360 all hooked up to the receiver, outputting HDMI up to the TV. This setup has worked fine in the past.

The intermittent problems are increasing to the point where a normal TV show is unwatchable. Forget playing a game or watching a movie. This happens on all sources with all devices, and the issue goes away when the source is hooked up directly to the TV over HDMI (isolating the receiver as the cause).

It is too bad, I liked the receiver and the price I paid for it (got it on super clearance at a big box store, I suspect I now know why). Money down the drain! I would have thought that a major name brand like Pioneer would not fail me like this, but here we are. Reading other reviews here, I can see it is time to cross Pioneer off my list.

FWIW, I bought this to replace an old Sony STR-K840P I ran for about 10 years with absolutely no problems. The only reason I stepped up to this receiver was because I added the Xbox 360 and ran out of HDMI inputs on my TV (was running all HDMIs to TV then optical out to receiver), so decided to "upgrade" to all HDMI. I wish I would have read the reviews here first!

EDIT: Not even 15 mins after I posted this review, I went to my receiver to hook back up the HDMI cables and just "live" with the problem until I return it to the Big Box store. I must have hurt the receiver's feelings with my review, because the receiver had completely given up the will to live. It was dead, and will not even power up. Dead. Deceased. An Ex-Receiver. No longer pining for the fjords. Bereft of life. 'e rests in peace.

I took the time to find my receipt... Nov-2011 to May-2013. 18 months. RIP

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Non-Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by Mazel Wireless
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $11.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Check your cables when you get your box!, October 6, 2012
Unfortunately, the USB cable that was included in the packaging was NOT the USB cable pictured in the description. The CORRECT USB cable has an additional dongle with a 3.5mm audio jack, so only one cable is connected to the dock itself and both audio and 750Ma of charge are carried by it. The cable that was included in the sealed box was the run-of-the-mill motorola USB cable that would only carry charge (and probably was a data cable limited to 500Ma, although I don't know that for sure).

I contacted Amazon Customer Service to see if the correct cable could be exchanged, however the ONLY remedy was to return the entire item and re-order. Customer Service was unable to assure that the next item shipped to me would not have the same issue, so now I play the waiting game to see if this was a simple packaging oversight or a systemic issue. Based upon my reading of recent reviews, it looks like others are receiving the correct USB cable, so here's hoping!

Oh, and the price jumped $12 since I ordered it... Fortunately I noticed while still in live chat with customer service and they issued me a credit to make up the difference.

If the next box arrives with an incorrect cable, I will NOT be a happy camper. However, if the next box arrives with the proper cables, I will revise this review and rate as appropriate, although I will still knock off one star for the hassle.

EDIT 10/09/2012 - Received new shipment of this product, the correct cable WAS in the box this time! Will further update once installed.
EDIT 10/14/2012 - Installed, works quite well. I have love/hate relationship with Motorola... I dislike how they have handled software issues (Motoblur, Music Player on DroidX2, Bionic/Atrix upgrade fiasco, locked bootloaders, etc.), but I have to say from a hardware perspective their stuff is first rate. The ability to have a single cable to the car dock with audio and charge carried by it is great! Motorola has clearly put a lot of thought into accessories for their phones.

PowerJolt Dual Universal Micro
PowerJolt Dual Universal Micro
Offered by biddeal_co
Price: $11.65
61 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the item it replaces! Great form factor and plenty of power!, November 18, 2010
I purchased this item to replace what looks like an older (and unsatisfactory) version of this product: Griffin Technology Powerjolt Dual Universal (Black). This new version has many benefits over the old... It does not work it's way out of the power socket like the old version, it is smaller, and it puts out more power (plenty to charge my DroidX which requires 850mA, this puts out 1A per socket).

I have been using it for a couple of months so far, and it's performed flawlessly.

EDIT 10/4/2012: I want to point out that I purchased a retail version from a big-box retailer, my review reflects my experience with the genuine product, and am not endorsing a specific seller here on Amazon. Looking over some of the recent reviews, there appears to be recent reports of counterfeit products being shipped by Amazon sellers! That is disappointing, please take this into consideration when purchasing!

FWIW, my original review is roughly two years old and the genuine product is still performing like a champ. Some other thoughts, my DroidX and X2 both charged at full power off of this, but my Galaxy Nexus dropped back into 500Ma range. I changed over to a Charge-Only USB cable (an alternative to cracking open the case and soldering the terminals) and charging resumed to a full 1000Ma of power.

Griffin Technology Powerjolt Dual Universal (Black)
Griffin Technology Powerjolt Dual Universal (Black)
Offered by Essex Technology Group
Price: $6.62
7 used & new from $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Too little draw to charge DroidX, works it's way out of socket, November 18, 2010
My biggest issue with this item was that it worked it's way out of the power socket in my Jeep Wrangler after about 2 hours, so I had to keep pushing it back in. Also, 500mA per USB port is not enough to charge a DroidX that has it's backlight light on and playing music over bluetooth (very likely scenario when in a Car Dock and serving as a nav device). On a seven hour cross-country trip, the phone actually drained itself completely and powered off while plugged into this device. This was a result of a combination of having to remember to push the charger back in the socket every couple of hours, and the USB ports not drawing enough power. I could tell when the charger had worked it's way out, as the screen would dim, so I would catch that pretty quickly. Mostly it just doesn't pull enough power. I even got to the point where I killed the backlight and it still would drain.

I have subsequently purchased a smaller device that draws 1A per USB port, and it has a locking ring cast into the plastic that will positively lock into the socket with an audible click. Oddly enough, it was also a Griffin Tech product, so my advice is pass on this item and instead go with the upgraded item:Powerjolt Dual Universal USB Micro