Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for L. A. Kane > Reviews

Browse

L. A. Kane's Profile

Customer Reviews: 686

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. A. Kane RSS Feed (Seattle, WA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Micro USB Cables, 2-Pack 3.3ft Rampow® Nylon Braided charging cords for Android Devices, Samsung Galaxy, Sony, HTC, Motorola and More - LIFETIME WARRANTY - Space Grey
Offered by RAMPOW
Price: $20.00
2 used & new from $7.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cables, July 1, 2016
These cables are lightweight, but sturdily built and well designed. Great value for the price.

Ortho Bug-Geta Snail and Slug Killer, 2 Pound
Ortho Bug-Geta Snail and Slug Killer, 2 Pound
Price: $9.88
9 used & new from $7.77

3.0 out of 5 stars The jury's still out, June 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Hmmm... my yard was full of snails and slugs before I used this stuff and a couple days later I'm still finding them all over the place. The manufacturer claims that it works fast and lasts for three weeks even in the rain, but I can only confirm that it's still there. There's not much evidence that it actually works. Why 3 stars instead of 1? Well, it is guaranteed... I'm underwhelmed.

Samsung 64GB EVO Select Micro SDXC Memory Card, 80MB/s (MB-ME64DA/AM)
Samsung 64GB EVO Select Micro SDXC Memory Card, 80MB/s (MB-ME64DA/AM)
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, quick, and fully fit for purpose, June 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an exceptionally fast, nearly bulletproof memory card. They claim it's waterproof, temperature proof, magnet proof, and X-ray proof. Although I haven't tested these claims, I expect it'll survive anything my phone will and a bit more. I've been using Samsung cards for a couple of years and found them extremely reliable. It's packaged with a handy SD adapter, so if you decide to use it in a camera or computer it'll work for that too.

SwissGear Baden 24.5" Expandable Spinner Suitcase, Silver
SwissGear Baden 24.5" Expandable Spinner Suitcase, Silver
Price: $74.06
2 used & new from $66.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but a bit flimsy, June 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I own several SwissGear computer bags and was excited to try out their luggage. This is a well-designed, incredibly lightweight suitcase with spinner wheels that make it a breeze to drag along with you no matter how loaded up it is. Compared to my Costco suitcase that's virtually identical in size it's about half the weight, which is convenient when many airlines charge extra for bags that weigh over 50 pounds (23 kg), but it does make me wonder about durability. I'm not enamored with the color, but it certainly does stand out from the ubiquitous black bags that everyone seems to use these days. While medium-sized at 12" x 17" x 24.5" it is slightly adjustable with a zipper that expands another 1.5 inches. It's too big for carry on an airplane, but I find it just about right for a one week business trip (if you're careful about how you fold your clothes). It has the same mesh pocket, zippered wet bag, and adjustable luggage straps you can find in virtually every model this size, but the aluminum handle system doesn't block virtually any usable space which is nice. While that drag handle is quite sturdy, the cloth side and top handles are very flimsy and appear likely to break if pack it with too much weight. It has survived one trip with just a few scuffs so far, but from what I've seen on loading ramps I'd feel a lot better about the long run surviveability of the bag if they had used a heavier grade of cloth.

OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 - Retail Packaging - MERIDIAN (CITRON GREEN/TEMPEST BLUE)
Price: $44.45
6 used & new from $36.67

5.0 out of 5 stars The best phone protection I've ever used, May 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using OtterBox products ever since I dropped my first phone a mere two-and-a-half feet and watched in horror as it didn't just break but actually shattered on the cement. Since then every phone I've owned has been protected from drops, spills, rain, mud, and generalized mayhem by their products. As expected, this one is everything I hoped it would be. It looks decent (my second favorite color combination they offer), protects fabulously, and is a perfect fit for my device. I particularly like that it's an all-in-one cover with a built-in screen protector and multi-layered shell that's not only easy to apply but also incredibly durable. In fact, the only thing I don't love about OtterBox is their stupid belt holster--it's ugly, clunky, and despite the kickstand thingy pretty much useless. You'd think they would have gotten around to updating that feature by now... I either keep the phone in my pocket or in another manufacturer's leather pouch. Nevertheless, the OtterBox protection is so solid that I don't mind paying for a throw-away part too. It seems like half the manufacturers on earth offer phone cases, and I've tried dozens of them, but always come back to OtterBox. It truly is the best phone protection I've ever used.

The Tech Contracts Handbook: Cloud Computing Agreements, Software Licenses, and Other IT Contracts for Lawyers and Businesspeople
by David W. Tollen
Price: $25.94
61 used & new from $19.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference materials, May 24, 2016
There's not as much context-setting or "teaching" as I would have liked, but if you're already writing tech contracts for a living this is a very solid reference guide that covers common contract clauses and proven practices in everyday language. I wouldn't recommend it for business people per say, but for contract managers, procurement professionals, lawyers, and strategic sourcing practitioners it's quite useful.

ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder Yellow
ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder Yellow
Price: $50.89
13 used & new from $40.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best studfinder ever, May 23, 2016
I have a cheap stud finder that's not horribly accurate but that has worked "well enough" for a couple decades. The reason I decided to upgrade to the ProSensor 710 is that I needed to put new shelves in my laundry room which meant placing screws into the same stud that my dryer's 220 line is attached to. And the 110 that feeds the washer. In situations like that hitting the center of the stud is perfectly safe, but being a little off one way or the other could be a really big deal, likely ending in electrocution, so accuracy mattered a lot. This little beauty lives up to the hype. In fact, after using this one time I really wish I'd bought it years ago. It's couldn't be easier to use, is dead-on accurate, and saved me a ton of time by pointing out the studs virtually instantly. Instead of finding the edge on each side of the stud I just look for three lights, mark the center one, and am good to go. I'm very happy with my purchase.

1st Health 8 in 1 Coffee
1st Health 8 in 1 Coffee

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting and dangerous, May 23, 2016
This review is from: 1st Health 8 in 1 Coffee
When visiting the Philippines I discovered "Elegance" coffee, a brew with very similar ingredients to this stuff. Unfortunately I couldn't find it in the US, so I gave 8 in 1 coffee a try. That turned out to be a horrifically bad idea. It not only tastes disgusting, but also made me feel sick to my stomach almost immediately after drinking it. After about 15 minutes of misery I threw up what I'd drunk and immediately threw the rest of the box away. Stay away from this horrible concoction. It's not only awful tasting but also hazardous to your health.

Stack-On SPAD-1500 Rechargeable Cordless Dehumidifier
Stack-On SPAD-1500 Rechargeable Cordless Dehumidifier
Price: $26.68
7 used & new from $17.82

3.0 out of 5 stars It works okay but isn't well thought out, May 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used dehumidifiers from other brands with similar designs for years and love the fact that I can keep my guns and ammo moisture (and rust) free without having to modify my safe. I toss a few of these inside and recharge them every couple weeks by plugging them in for a few hours. Stack-On's offering works about the same as any other I've used, but unfortunately it doesn't come with a clip to attach it to the safe door or hang it from a shelf. They work much better and take less space when suspended rather than placed directly on a shelf. So, it's good product but if the manufacturer had spent a few cents more providing a hanger like their competitor's do it would be a much better one. Apparently they haven't talked to folks who actually use these to tune up their offering...

Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse, Backlit RGB LED, 12000 DPI, Optical
Price: $53.99
40 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly the perfect mouse, May 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not a gamer, but I am a professional photographer who needs a high precision, ergonomic mouse. I've gone through several brands and models and this is the best one I've found to date. I kinda wish it was wireless, but the weight, balance, and functionality are perfect making worth messing around with the wire. I don't care much for the lighting, but it's already sparked kind words from a few coworkers so it does have a bit of a cool factor so what the heck... And, since it's wired, the backlighting is not a battery suck. The aluminum structure is lightweight, and durable, and you can easily tune the center of gravity to your liking (I like it fine right out of the box, but I have big hands and prefer a little weight to my mouse so YMMV). You can also program custom lighting, macros, and button configurations. I've only had this mouse for a few days but I've used Corsair products before and find them incredibly reliable so I have high expectations for this one too. All-in-all it's the nicest mouse I own.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20