Profile for L. A. Kane > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 811

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. A. Kane RSS Feed (Seattle, WA USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Pacific Northwest Mix, 7-Pound
Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Pacific Northwest Mix, 7-Pound
Price: $24.49
4 used & new from $24.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect blend for Northwest lawns, April 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I live in the great Pacific Northwet where we tend to have more moss than lawn. After killing off the moss every year I need to reseed bare patches. I've used a variety of Scotts seed mixes over the years and have found that their seed/mulch/fertilizer mixes grow really well. The "watersmart plus" coating protects the seeds and helps assure that they need less water, less often than other methods to germinate and grow, resulting in a truly nice lawn with very little effort. In fact, all I really do is seed the bald spots in late March or early April and the weather is more than adequate for assuring that it will germinate and grow without much if any intervention on my part. This particular mix is reasonably shade tolerant too. It grows well in the areas that are hit with the most moss, hence have the least amount of sunlight throughout the year. Be sure to wait for it to get at least three to four inches tall before mowing for the first time or you'll risk tearing out the roots though. While it's annoying to have to do this every year, Scotts' Pacific Northwest blend is the easiest way to keep my lawn looking good and growing healthy.

Philips Norelco FS9185/42 GoStyler Facial Styler
Philips Norelco FS9185/42 GoStyler Facial Styler
Price: $14.95
7 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of utility for a very low price, March 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a robust and flexible tool for trimming, shaping and edging facial hair. The package includes five attachments, a trimmer, 3 beard combs, and a mini foil shaver, to help you get exactly the length and style desired. The precision trimmer is... well, precise. The shaver isn't all that great when compared to a purpose-build device, but it does the trick well enough for small areas. The styler is pretty much maintenance-free, requires no oil, and can be rinsed under a faucet. And, it runs on a AA battery, so it's convenient for travel, especially if you're an outdoorsman who doesn't always want to look like he's been hanging out in the woods overlong. It's pretty lightweight, so hopefully it will last, but I've had great luck with Philips Norelco products in the past and have high expectations for this one as well. Bang-for-the-buck-wise, it's fabulous deal.

Roundup 5003240 Weed and Grass Killer III Ready-to-Use Trigger Spray, 1-Gallon
Roundup 5003240 Weed and Grass Killer III Ready-to-Use Trigger Spray, 1-Gallon
Price: $11.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product with a suboptimal applicator, March 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used roundup for years, but this is the first time I've received it through the mail. I was incredibly impressed with the care that went into the packaging. It arrived in perfect condition with no leaks or issues. The formula works about as well as any I've tried and is rainproof after 15 minutes or so, a very good thing in Seattle where sunny days can be few and far between. While the sprayer head works fine, I vastly prefer the battery powered want style rather than this one. I suppose you can substitute it for one of those gripper tools designed for hand exercise, but it gets somewhat unpleasant if you're treating a large area. Also, you need to thoroughly cover the base of every weed you spray or it won't do anything, which is good for surrounding plants but takes a bit longer to apply at times. There is both a spray mode and a foam mode, though they don't seem much different in practical application. Overall it's a good choice, perhaps even a perfect one if it came with a different sprayer head.

Antec X-1 Cooler for XBox One
Antec X-1 Cooler for XBox One
Price: $29.99
20 used & new from $21.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with a few flaws, March 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very good idea that, while by no means perfect, works pretty well. It draws hot air away from your console and directs it to the rear exhaust vent, which is both good and bad. The good part is that it promoting improved airflow and proper temperature control. The bad news is that if your XBox One is crammed inside a crowded entertainment center or shelf it blows the heat back where it recirculates into the device instead of out. And, when it gets cranking the fans can become distractingly loud. Fortunately, it only comes on when the XBox One heats up above 80 degrees. I've only been using it for a short while but it does seem to make it run more effectively.

Curel Fragrance Free Lotion, 20 Fl Oz
Curel Fragrance Free Lotion, 20 Fl Oz
Price: $6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, March 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do a lot of work that trashes my hands. For example, form-fitting leather knife scabbards using turpentine (which won't rust the blades and simultaneously dries quickly so the leather won't be ruined from excess moisture). This means that I need to use skin lotion frequently. However, I cannot stand the perfumey, greasy stuff that's sound in many formulas. This one, thankfully, is fragrance-free. It does a good job of hydrating and relieving dry skin, though it doesn't really last all day long like the packaging says. Or, maybe I just have extra, extra dry skin. Regardless, it's no-greasy, absorbs quickly, and scent free. I like it!

Irish Spring Signature Exfoliating Bar Soap, 6oz, 3 Count
Irish Spring Signature Exfoliating Bar Soap, 6oz, 3 Count
Price: $4.99
6 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for everyday cleaning, March 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do a lot of work in the yard and shop, leaving my hands covered with all kinds of hard to remove gunk like motor oil, leather dyes, dirt, and paint. I've used a variety of exfoliating cleaners like lava soap, turpentine, goo gone and whatnot, all of which clean really deep but are also really tough on my hands. While this milled oat blended soap won't get the worst stuff off, it's plenty good for everyday deep cleaning. It washes clean and leaves my skin feeling great too.

Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Perennial Ryegrass Mix, 3-Pound (Not Sold in Louisiana)
Price: $11.19
18 used & new from $9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for reseeding bare patches, March 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I live in the great Pacific Northwet where we tend to have more moss than lawn. After killing off the moss every year I need to reseed bare patches. I've used a variety of Scotts seed mixes over the years and have found that their seed/mulch/fertilizer mixes grow really well. The "watersmart plus" coating protects the seeds and helps assure that they need less water, less often than other methods to germinate and grow, resulting in a truly nice lawn with very little effort. This particular mix is very shade tolerant too. It grows well in the areas that are hit with the most moss, hence have the least amount of sunlight throughout the year. Be sure to wait for it to get at least three to four inches tall before mowing for the first time or you'll risk tearing out the roots.

Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X8
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X8
Price: $79.99
17 used & new from $79.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very solid offering for videophiles, March 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used the earlier version of this software for about a year-and-a-half before upgrading. I'm no expert, but I've filmed and edited highlight reels from dozens of football games so I do know my way around the application. This "ultimate" bundle includes both VideoStudio Pro-plus 10 and FX apps-make. If you're at least a little familiar with Corel's products it's not too hard to get up to speed, but if this is your first one you'll need to spend time with tutorials as it's not as intuitive as you might think. Nevertheless, creatign titles, transitions, and effects, adding overlays and editing sound is simple and, once your workflow is established, quick. You can burn DVDs or format for web-sharing at most any resolution, including HD. There are enough additional features that it's worth upgrading too.

Matching Tungsten Comfort Fit Couples Rings with Exotic Hawaiian Koa Wood Eternity Center Inlay and Polished Beveled Edges
Offered by Mens-Wedding-Rings
Price: $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing beauty and value, March 15, 2015
This ring is an unbelievable value. When I got enough arthritis in my hands that I could no longer take it on and off I had to replace my gold wedding band of 20 years. Unfortunately it was a custom casting that couldn't be resized. I really didn't want to spend a lot to replace it since the second one doesn't have the same meaning as the original, but I still wanted something that looked nice nevertheless. And, I'm really hard on jewelry, so I wanted something sturdy, making tungsten a great choice. While I love the look of Koa wood I wasn't sure if it would hold up or not, hence waiting a couple years to write this review. I'm delighted to say that the ring looks as good today as it did the day I received it, despite rarely taking it off, even when working in the shop or the yard. I'm not sure how they sealed the wood, but it's never been affected by oil, water, mud, or anything else that it's been exposed to (I do wear gloves when I paint or use serious chemicals though). Unlike my original gold band, neither the wood nor the tungsten has dented or scratched either. The ring fits true to size and the comfort fit truly is comfortable. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

SanDisk iXpand 64GB OTG Flash DriveWith Lightning connector For iPhones, iPads & Computers- SDIX-064G-G57
Price: $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful device, March 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Both hardware and software are extremely user friendly. It's a fast, easy way to transfer up to 64GB of photos, videos, music, or whatever files you like. But it's important to note that it won't copy anything with digital rights management (DRM) enabled, which means your backup may be incomplete. Further, it doesn't work with Android (or Blackberry) devices. The flexible connector works with iPhone/iPad cases, while the USB connector is compatible with PCs. Overall it's a nice design, not perfect but close enough to add a lot of value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20