Profile for Dukkiee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dukkiee RSS Feed

PlayStation 4 Console
PlayStation 4 Console
Offered by Mobile deals
Price: $398.88
270 used & new from $285.52

5.0 out of 5 stars What is Next-Gen? This is., February 13, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation 4 Console (Video Game)
I've been really hesitant to enter this new generation of consoles. I started off as a console gamer but I've made the transition to PC and I didn't think I could ever go back. However, this console proved to me that console gaming still has it's place.
The games that I have played so far are Knack and Killzone: Shadow Fall. I am blown away by how amazing these games looks. I am immensely impressed that develops can make games look so beautiful on a console that was just released. The game-play is also smoother than ever now that most titles support 60fps(the major reason I moved away from console gaming was that 30 tended to be the cap).
However, even though this is a gaming machine at its core, what really sold me was its multimedia capabilities and its UI. The new UI is fantastic and is a huge improvement over the ps3's. Its cleaner and faster than ever before, there is literally zero down time between playing a game and entering the UI to do other things, after hitting the PlayStation button; a huge feat for Sony. Alt-Tabbing from a game to Netflix on a computer takes longer, seriously it does. Everything is just so smooth.
Finally, I have to discuss PlayStation Plus, as that was another thing that really threw me off about this new generation. I loved how PS3 didn't charge for online play, but I also hated the fact that online play on the PS3 felt pretty lacking in terms of community and communication capability. PlayStation Plus and the new capabilities of the PS4 have changed that. Cross game chat is now a thing, and it is very simple to do. The new sharing system makes it easier to connect with other gamers than ever before.
PlayStation Plus is worth it, I want it to support Sony's online community development, but it's also a great deal because of all the free games you get every month. It pays for itself in 4-5 months with games(great games at that) if you get the year 59.99 year subscription.

Mass Effect Trilogy [Online Game Code]
Mass Effect Trilogy [Online Game Code]
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Controller Support, November 25, 2012
3 Amazing games filled with action and drama. The most emotionally engaging games I've played. You cannot go wrong with these games.

Also I'd like everyone to note, that with some free software called Pinnacle, it's quite simple to setup xbox controls for your pc for all 3 games.