Profile for Brian Hauptman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brian Hauptman RSS Feed

Mickey's 1st Birthday Molded Candle Party Accessory
Mickey's 1st Birthday Molded Candle Party Accessory

1.0 out of 5 stars Dimensions are wrong, October 18, 2012
Advertised Product Dimensions: 7 x 4 x 2 inches ; 1.6 ounces

actual dimensions: 2 x 2 x 2.5 inches

Cuisinart 755-26GD Chef's Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Multi-Purpose Pot with Glass Cover
Price: $24.95
27 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pot & my favorite "non-stick" pan, May 12, 2011
This pot conducts very well on my ancient coil element stove. I was able to boil water on my stove at medium temperature. I had to turn the temperature down slightly to get the perfect "simmer" necessary to cook potatoes and pasta (since "boiling" destroys food). All of my other pots need medium-high heat.

Stir frying foods with just 2 tsp of olive oil at medium heat turns out great. The sides are high so it is almost like a "mock wok". When I stir fry food doesn't stick so clean up is a breeze. I tend to season this pot with canola oil after washing with dish soap (yea, unnecessary right?). This is one of my favorite "non-stick" pans.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2011 5:59 AM PDT

Hopkins 19520 Super Deluxe 22" Snowbrush - Assorted Colors
Hopkins 19520 Super Deluxe 22" Snowbrush - Assorted Colors
Price: $3.99
27 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It scrapes ice, May 6, 2011
I don't get snow so I can only review how I use it. I get ice on the car windows sometimes and when I do I need to scrape it. This does the job well without me having to strain to reach everything.

Cafe Bustelo Instant Espresso, 3.5-Ounce Jars (Pack of 4)
Cafe Bustelo Instant Espresso, 3.5-Ounce Jars (Pack of 4)
Offered by Nilmee
Price: $25.97
6 used & new from $19.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for instant coffee, May 6, 2011
The coffee we have at work tastes horrible, something like burned rice with sour cherries and bad red wine. Most of my coworkers think it is just fine so we are stuck with it. I've decided I didn't want to drink it, and I'm not much of a tea fan, but I need my caffeine fix. I couldn't find anything in the stores. This is the best Instant Coffee I've ever tasted. I haven't tried it as an espresso and I don't plan on it. I usually usually mix one heaping spoon full with a travel mug of hot water. My guess is that's almost a tablespoon to 16 oz of water. You would want to use 1 rounded tsp per 6oz of water for regular coffee and 2 rounded tsps per 6oz of water for strong coffee. Change tsp to TBs if you are measuring for grounds for brewing. That's the calculation I've always used.

ASICS Men's GEL-Evolution 6 Running Shoe,Graphite/Lightning/Storm,11.5 2E
ASICS Men's GEL-Evolution 6 Running Shoe,Graphite/Lightning/Storm,11.5 2E
Offered by Watch Colony

5.0 out of 5 stars Great extra motion control shoe - great for big & tall, May 6, 2011
This is a great extra motion control shoe for the big & tall set. It is very breathable and not terribly heavy. The looks are OK but at least I'm comfortable.

T-fal E93808 Professional Total Nonstick Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Fry Pan, 12-Inch, Black
Price: $25.79
63 used & new from $15.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I wait so long to buy these!!!, May 6, 2011
Why did my stupid @%$ wait so damn long to replace my old, worn out non-stick pans!?!?! I bought this plus an OXO silicon flipper, followed the cleaning and seasoning directions and I'm the KING OF THE KITCHEN!!! Eggs slide right out of the pan, no more destroyed pancakes, oil and butter are just for flavor and my cans of non-stick spray are sitting sad and neglected.

I used to have to make sunny-side up and "eggs over easy/medium" with a layer of salt and oil underneath to make sure they wouldn't stick in my old "non-stick" pan. Now I just pick the pan up and shuffle it around a bit to make sure it is loose and do the "flip". No more sopping up extra oil off of the eggs. Oh yea, I can cook veggies and meat too with no oil.