Profile for Doug Stevens > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 119

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Doug Stevens RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Logitech M305 Wireless Optical Mouse (Blue)
Logitech M305 Wireless Optical Mouse (Blue)
Offered by The Surplus-Hut
Price: $34.95
6 used & new from $26.95

5.0 out of 5 stars After a month: superb fit, feel, response, March 21, 2015
This review is after a month of use so it can't address issues like reliability or battery life. What it can do is praise the Logitech M305 for an extremely comfortable fit and feel (not too big, not too small, excellent contour). For my fingers, the response is perfect. I noticed that it sells for more than original price, while the newer model that replaced it sells for a discount. That says something. I responded by getting one for me and one for my wife. We are pleased. Now I am going to get one to use with my work computer.

McKesson Medi Pak Performance Bandage Adhesive Fabric Strip 1"X3" Latex Free - Box of 100
Offered by MedicalRite
Price: $6.00
16 used & new from $3.61

5.0 out of 5 stars They stick, they flex, they're great, March 1, 2015
Among the really useless things in life are bandages that won't protect what's under them and won't stick to your skin. These McKesson bandages are so far superior to everything else I've used I honestly wonder how others stay in business. These bandages come off when you decide to take them off. Meanwhile, they protect what you them to protect. They are unfazed by ordinary encounters with water. They flex easily and still stay stuck.

Richards Homewares Cedar Extra Large Storage Bag
Richards Homewares Cedar Extra Large Storage Bag
Offered by Modern Everyday
Price: $17.93
9 used & new from $17.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for protecting larger comforters, multiple blankets, February 23, 2015
Great way to protect and store your nice comforter or blankets. The bits of cedar are a really nice touch and should help fend off some of the pests as well as freshen whatever you store in it. Size-wise, it accommodates perfectly a queen size comforter with ample fill.

McKesson Medi Pak Performance Bandage Fabric Strip 3/4"X3" Latex Free - Box of 100 - Model 16-4813
Offered by GenieCure
Price: $5.19
10 used & new from $5.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticks to its task, February 23, 2015
The McKesson bandage sticks better than any other bandage I've used and is truly flexible. If you want something that will protect a wound but still allow you to be reasonably functional, this bandage will do the job.

Jarrow Formulas Glucosamine and Chondroitin and MSM, 240 Capsules
Jarrow Formulas Glucosamine and Chondroitin and MSM, 240 Capsules
Price: $23.19
22 used & new from $19.72

5.0 out of 5 stars but I switched to a Jarrow multi-vitamin a couple years ago and was really impressed with how much better it was than other prod, November 22, 2014
I've used a number of brands of glucosamine chondroitin over the past 20 years for joint and back stiffness and soreness. There is no doubt in my mind that it helps, and if I am without it for a few days I can feel the difference. The product I'd been using for several years was okay, but I switched to a Jarrow multi-vitamin a couple years ago and was really impressed with how much better it was than other products, so I finally go the bright idea of trying Jarrow's glucosamine chondroitin. I've been using it for about three months and the difference in my back is especially noticeable. Daytime activity and sleep are both better, and I wake up noticeably less stiffer (most helpful for morning exercises). The recommended doseage is 2 capsules, twice daily, for a total of four capsules daily. Some reviewers have complained about this and for people who have trouble swallowing capsules, that may be an issue. It's no problem for me. Jarrow is a good company and if they decided to create a dose that is more bulky, it likely achieves something useful (perhaps better absorption?). I don't know if the Jarrow product gets all the credit for my noticeable improvement because at the same time I switched my brand of Omega 3 to a higher quality krill oil product at the same time. Since glucosamine-chondroitin is focused strictly on joints, I'd be willing to give it a bigger slice of the credit.

ACORN Men's Fave Gore Slipper,Night Tweed,9-10 M US
ACORN Men's Fave Gore Slipper,Night Tweed,9-10 M US
Price: $29.21
12 used & new from $28.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Built like a tank, as comfortable as can be, November 22, 2014
An absolutely wonderful slipper. Built very sturdily, no problem if you need to dash outside in these. They have many of the virtues of a "shoe" in that they are well built, but all the comfort to be expected from a slipper. I've only been wearing them (a lot) for a couple months, but they feel exactly the same as when they were new. Some day, probably a few years from now, these slippers will be worn out. I'll be hoping to buy another pair just like them.

NatureWise Ubiquinol with Clinically Tested Kaneka QH, the Active Form of CoQ10, 100 mg, 120 count
Offered by NutriSource Healthcare
Price: $39.99
6 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Noticeable improvement, November 22, 2014
I've been using another brand of ubiquinol for years and many times have asked myself why. If what you read on labels is true, then it would be worth its relaitvely high cost, but I could never convince myself I felt any different without it than I did with it. I decided to try the NatureWise product and after a month I was convinced I was noticing an improvement in my energy curve over the afternoon and early evening. After three months using the NatureWise product, I'm still convinced. My overall health and condition is good for my age bracket so I can't make any comments about that or give NatureWise the credit. I had one reason for trying ubiquinol in the first place and that was to help get my energy level, especially later in the day, a bit closer to what it used to be. Something has helped in that respect, and the improvement coincides with switching to the NatureWise product.

NatureWise Krill Oil, Eco-Harvested, Certified Sustainable, Full GPS Traceability on Your Bottle, 500mg, 120 count
Offered by NutriSource Healthcare
Price: $28.99
4 used & new from $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the best product I've ever used, November 22, 2014
I've been using Omega3 products for years and believe strongly they are beneficial for joint health, and hope very much they are helpful for circulation. I've used a number of brands over the years. Personal experience, which is not the same as scientific research, suggests that not all products are equal. Naturewise krill oil is, I believe, the best product I've ever used. At the same time I switched from another reputable Omega3 product I also switched brands of glucosamine-chondroitin (to Jarrow), so I'm not sure how to split the credit. I am sure that between the two, my problematic joints and back have been noticeably better over the past three months. As lots of reviews point out, Naturewise customer service is extremely good, but that's not a reason to buy the product. It's what's in the bottle and whether it makes a difference that counts.

The Real Roadrunner (Animal Natural History Series)
The Real Roadrunner (Animal Natural History Series)
by Martha Anne Maxon
Price: $35.96
27 used & new from $16.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful insight into a fascinating creature, November 22, 2014
I purchased this (rather expensive) book because I have the great good fortune of living somewhere where I see roadrunners often on afternoon walks. I wanted a book that could provide insight into how these creatures live, and when, why, and how they do what they do--and help me appreciate and understand them better. This book is perfect. The author has had decades of extraordinary contact with these characterful creatures and my capacity to appreciate and enjoy them got frequent boosts from this book. An especially nice feature of the book is that it seeks to straddle the tricky territory between bona fide academia and entertaining writing. She does it extremely well. It's a book you could read cover to cover, if you wish, but it's so well organized that you can go to a chapter that discusses what they eat, how they court, where they nest, how they get by in winter . . . whatever it is that piqued your curiosity that day.

Sennheiser CX 300  II Precision Enhanced Bass Earbuds (Black)
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Enhanced Bass Earbuds (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
40 used & new from $21.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the price -- if they're right for you, November 22, 2014
Judging an in-the-ear device for listening to music is a lot like judging speakers in your living room. Whether they're "the best" or "right" for you depends on your needs and expected level of performance, and that is heavily influenced by budget. For $30, these earbuds would be hard to beat IF you are not working out or running while you wear them. Anyone who expects the ultimate sound for this price isn't being reasonable, but they have a surprisingly good bass, clear high tones, and excellent stereo separation. They come with three sizes of rubber buds and it's important to select the right size--and to do so for each ear since lots of people have ears whose inner architecture isn't exactly the same. I've been using mine for months (mostly in and around the house) and can't fault them. An important advantage of a $30 pair of buds is that if/when you lose them, it won't be a financial disaster. In fact, these are nice enough I decided to keep an extra pair on hand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12