Profile for J. Kole > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Kole "homeschooler" RSS Feed (San Jose, CA)

2015 Folk Art Birds Mom's Weekly Planner (18-Month Calendar, Family Calendar, Diary)
Price: $15.98
17 used & new from $13.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Best family calendar out there!, September 19, 2014
I've used these planners for six years now. There are five different columns to write dates/info for each person (up to five) in the family. Since there are only three in our family, I use the extra columns for misc things like notes and addresses. I like that I can see not only a week at a glance, but also a month at a glance. The only downside is writing each person's name (other than Mom) at the top of each column every week -- but that's a small price to pay for this wonderfully-designed calendar. Oh, and there is a very small squeak when you open up the book from the cardboard rubbing against the rings.

2015 Hummingbird Mom's Weekly Planner (18-Month Calendar, Family Calendar, Diary)
Price: $14.58
7 used & new from $14.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Most useful family planner out there!, September 19, 2014
I've used these planners for six years now. There are five different columns to write dates/info for each person (up to five) in the family. Since there are only 3 in our family, I use the extra columns for misc things like notes and addresses. I like that I can see not only a week at a glance, but also a month at a glance. The only downside is writing each person's name (other than Mom) at the top of each column every week -- but that's a small price to pay for this wonderfully-designed calendar. Oh, and there is a very small squeak when you open up the book from the cardboard rubbing against the rings.

GP-UBR - Ultimate Music Theory - Basic Rudiments
GP-UBR - Ultimate Music Theory - Basic Rudiments
by Glory St. Germain
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $26.97
2 used & new from $26.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks solid, December 2, 2013
Hefty book - hopefully it will cover most of the theory for the RCM theory rudiments tests. Book was packaged well and in great conditioned when it arrived.

Whey Protein Isolate Vanilla 2 Pounds
Whey Protein Isolate Vanilla 2 Pounds
Offered by Etailz
Price: $42.99
10 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Try adding your own ingredients. This stuff is great!, August 11, 2013
So great to find a protein powder without a lot of added junk. That being said, I add my own "junk" to make great breakfast protein shakes, thanks to my trusty blender.

Add 1/3 cup of berry juice with 1/3 cup of water, 1 cup of frozen berries and a couple Tbsp of cream. Throw in some chocolate chips. Blend.

You can make something that tastes pretty close to Starbuck's Java Chip Frap Light--use 1/6 cup (yep, just a tiny bit) of store-bought Starbuck's Mocha Light drink, about 1/2 cup of water or milk, 1/4 rounded tsp instant espresso powder, 1 Tbsp of sugar-free choco syrup, 60% choco chips, a cup of ice. Blend. YUM!

I don't know why anyone would drink this plain when there are so many delicious options out there. Be creative and enjoy this fantastic protein powder.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bra for full-figured women, October 18, 2012
This bra fits my body well. It doesn't look like I'm wearing armor under my workout shirts. The straps are quite short, though, and can not be lengthened. They work great for me because I am short bodied, but I'm not sure how well this bra would fit someone with a longer body type.

2013 Folk Art Birds Mom's Weekly Planner (18-month Calendar)
2013 Folk Art Birds Mom's Weekly Planner (18-month Calendar)
10 used & new from $129.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Family Planner Around!, August 3, 2012
I love this planner. You can see the entire week at one glance. Each family member has his/her own space. There's also a page that displays the entire month if you need a broad overview. Great planner! This will be my third year using one of these.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2013 12:08 PM PDT

RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream, 1-Ounce
RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream, 1-Ounce
Price: $16.87
42 used & new from $8.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, but use sparingly, January 6, 2012
I have used this product for ten years. It has taken away some very defined lines on my forehead and around my eyes. It has also practically erased my rosacea problem! I suggest one NOT use this product on a daily basis. Start every other day (to see if you will have a major skin reaction) and then after a month or so taper off to just one application a week. I can even use this around my eyes if I use it sparingly. You don't have to gob it on - a little will do. And always use a good moisturizer along with the RoC. It's all I need to keep my almost-fifty-year-old skin looking great!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2012 5:38 PM PST

GOURMET QUICK CHOPPER WITH 4 BONUS ATTACHMENTS
GOURMET QUICK CHOPPER WITH 4 BONUS ATTACHMENTS

1.0 out of 5 stars A kid's tool, not a cook's tool, December 30, 2011
Blades don't move properly unless you pound on the button. And once the blades go dull, how can you sharpen them? Plastic pieces are thin, and though I only tried it once, I do not have much faith in this product lasting very long. I'm so glad I didn't buy this myself. This is a toy for a kid to chop ice cream toppings with, not a useable adult kitchen tool! Stick to your favorite sharp knife. A good knife will last a lifetime--this may last one month.