Profile for D.N. Giles > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D.N. Giles "D.N. Giles" RSS Feed (Portland, TX)

Page: 1 | 2
Siege and Storm (The Grisha Trilogy)
Siege and Storm (The Grisha Trilogy)
by Leigh Bardugo
Price: $14.15
81 used & new from $3.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning. Lovely. Perfect., June 11, 2014
I am so in love with this series. Unique, fresh writing of beautiful, rich characters in a well-crafted world that I simply didn't want to leave. BEAUTIFUL!

Abandon: A Possession Novel
Abandon: A Possession Novel
by Elana Johnson
Price: $8.28
79 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous ending to a fabulous trilogy!, June 11, 2014
I am in love with this world. I loved this entire series, but this volume is the best yet. Fantastic way to round out Vi and Jag's story, as well as Raine and Gunner's. Don't miss out on this fantastic series!

Turning Pages
Turning Pages
by Tristi Pinkston
Price: $13.49
23 used & new from $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, funny, clean read for teens, August 19, 2012
This review is from: Turning Pages (Paperback)
Once again, versatile author Tristi Pinkson has stretched into a new genre and has done so with aplomb. Her first foray into the young adult market is sure to be a crowd pleaser thanks to the quirky main character, Addie, who manages to always infuse humor into her real-life drama. This clever retelling of Pride and Prejudice will make you cry, and then laugh, and then growl with frustration at the stupidity of two people who are clearly meant to be together. The question is, will they ever see it?

Surrender: A Possession Novel
Surrender: A Possession Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy wow, fantastic sequel, Dying to read book three!, July 10, 2012
I loved Surrender even more than I loved Possession (which is a lot), because not only do we get to see more of Jag and Vi and Zenn, but we also get to know the hot-tough-guy-empath Gunner and tormented-gorgeous Raine.

This story spoke to me because of the conflicts between parents and children, and what happens when they don't agree on lifestyles and beliefs. This is so well written, because right when you think there is a definite right and wrong, a clear line on what's happening, it all gets turned upside down and twisted. So intriguing and heart-wrenching. A must read!

Regret: A Possession Story
Regret: A Possession Story
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tie in to the Possession/ Surrender stories!, July 10, 2012
I bought this short story when I was impatiently waiting for the release of Surrender. Was so excited to see more of Jag and Vi and what was happening behind the scenes. I loved getting to know Indy and what happened in the Resistance during Jag's absence, and then after he left again with Vi. Was a great lead in for Surrender, which I also LOVED!

Twitterpated
Twitterpated
Price: $10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, light, feel good romance, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Twitterpated (Kindle Edition)
I found Twitterpated to be light, fun, and wholly satisfying.

Jessie is a quirky character with a fun sense of humor and a wit that kept me giggling throughout the story. I loved her insecurities and felt the lingering heartache from the man she grew up believing was the love of her life. Also, I really loved Jessie's roommate, Sandy, who had a small character arc of her own, and whose personality brought out the quirk in Jessie.

It has to be said, that Ben is probably the epitome of the guy every LDS girl over 20 is looking to date. Also, he's hot. And self-sufficient. And heartbroken himself. There were so many moments when I wanted to scream at Jessie for blowing him off, even while I totally understood why she had to work so hard.

Yeah, lots of fun, great chemistry going on there. And a big I *heart* the ending. It's a grinner.

Family by Design
Family by Design
Price: $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, clean, so romantic, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Family by Design (Kindle Edition)
I'm a big fan of all Heather Justesen's work, but this one is my very favorite to date. Why? Because it's different. It's like a backward love story, and I appreciate the freshness of it. Also, I adore Tucker and Reena, and the kids that bring them together, and the way they work together to create a family unlike any of them had ever dreamed.

Also, there are some amazing kissing scenes in this story--the kind that leave your heart beating a little harder. But don't worry, it's absolutely clean. This is such a sweet story. If you've never read a Heather Justesen novel, I'd start with this one. For real. It's fantastic.

Altercation
Altercation
by Tamara Hart Heiner
Price: $14.36
33 used & new from $3.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Edge-of-your-seat summer read, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Altercation (Paperback)
So I recently read Altercation by Tamara Hart Heiner, and this is one of those stories that has you digging your nails into your palms and staying up late to see what happens next. Heiner has done a great job of writing interesting characters in which readers can become emotionally invested. This particular story starts off where Perilous left off, with Jaci and her friends in an FBI safe house after being rescued from their nefarious kidnappers. But as it turns out, being in FBI custody doesn't necessarily make them safe. Not when one of the world's scariest criminals is determined to find them.

If you're looking for an edge-of-your-seat summer read, I definitely recommend Perilous and Altercation.

The Switch (Blank Slate Book 2)
The Switch (Blank Slate Book 2)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 18, 2012
I love this author's style. Her stories are engrossing because her characters come alive, dragging you into their lives until you're cheering for their successes and crying for their heartaches. Also, I love seeing cameos from starring characters from other books by her. It's like watching a favorite TV series. The saddest part is knowing it has to end.

The Key of Kilenya (Kilenya Series Book 1)
The Key of Kilenya (Kilenya Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun adventure, great middle grade story, October 2, 2011
When I was first asked to review The Key of Kilenya, I believed it a young adult story that was as much romance as adventure. To my delighted surprise, I realized that it is actually more of a middle grade adventure story which is appropriate for fans of books like Fablehaven and the Far World series. This is a good thing, IMO, because there just aren't nearly enough fun adventure stories available for kids of this age. (And by this age, I mean too old for kid books, but not quite into dark, heavy YA that is so prominent in the market lately. Mainly the 10-14 age group.) And FYI, even though it contains a girl / boy relationship, it's not really a romance (a relief to my MG reader son).

It's clean, well written, and packed with adventure in a way that makes the chapters fly by until you realize you're almost at the end. And then you're sad to realize the adventure is over, and relieved to discover it's the first of a series so there will be more adventures to come.

Page: 1 | 2