Profile for DaniBug > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 125

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DaniBug RSS Feed (North Dakota)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
ToySmith Isoflex Stress Ball
ToySmith Isoflex Stress Ball
Offered by Einstein's Toolbox
Price: $5.86
26 used & new from $2.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Last Long for My Fidgety Son, January 9, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: ToySmith Isoflex Stress Ball (Toy)
A stress ball was suggested to help my fidgety adopted son relieve some of his stress/need to move symptoms from being exposed to meth inutero. I bought this one hoping it would fit the bill. It didn't.

I can't say it is the job of a stress ball to withstand tiny pointy fingers being repeatedly driven into it. I know they are usually just for squeezing with one's entire hand. This poor ball didn't know what it was in for. My son demolished it in just a week or so. His fidgeting drove him to work his little 7 year old fingers right through the outside.

For those of you who just need a whole hand squeeze, it may work fine. I am off to find one a little more durable. Not to mention, the color of ours was awful.

Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Gift Box - Free One-Day Shipping
Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Gift Box - Free One-Day Shipping
Price: $50.00 - $500.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What to Get for the Recipient Who Has Everything . . . ?, January 9, 2012
An Amazon Gift Card, of course. We have an extensive family who live all over the country. I know, all of you 'good' family people out there are thinking that I should know them all well enough to get them something they will adore. I DO! The Amazon Gift Card has never failed me. In fact, I get thanked repeatedly every time I give them. Amazon is truly becoming the go-to for all shoppers, young and old.

If you doubt what to give: Go with the Amazon Gift Card! As a past recipient, I enjoyed the card too!

LEGO Kids' 9002137 Star Wars Storm Trooper Mini-Figure Alarm Clock
LEGO Kids' 9002137 Star Wars Storm Trooper Mini-Figure Alarm Clock
5 used & new from $49.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Alarm Clock for Star Wars Lovers, January 9, 2012
OK. Let's be serious. NO ONE is going to like this clock unless they are a serious Star
Wars fan.

I bought this alarm clock for my son's best friend for Christmas. He was SUPER excited. The two of them (both 11) took it out of the box, figured out how it worked, set the alarm for school time, and had a little fun 'walking' the storm trooper around.

I agree that I would not use it as a regular desk clock. The face is a little hard to see. But it does work great as an alarm clock.

SHARKK Black iPad Case Smart Cover Magnetic Stand Case for Ipad2 Full Case
SHARKK Black iPad Case Smart Cover Magnetic Stand Case for Ipad2 Full Case

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but already replaced it., January 9, 2012
I think the 3 Star (It's OK) fits this product best. It was shipped in a timely manner, fit my IPad nicely, and worked well throughout Christmas vacation -- that's when I went back to work. The minute I started trying to transport it daily, I realized that the magnets were not strong enough to keep it attached while in a bag.

I did not have quite the level of trouble with the fold up stand that other's did. Mine stood up o.k. But I have to admit, I never left it alone standing to see if the magnets would give way and unfold. I would use it while propped, then put it away.

Within a few days of returning to school, I resorted to a full leather folder case and am much happier. It has the tab type stand, and works well. Plus I now have a couple of pockets for credit cards and ID.

If you are looking for OK and don't need to transport a lot, this will work for you with a reasonable price to boot.

JanSport Raney Daypack
JanSport Raney Daypack
Offered by Athletic Deals
Price: $69.00 - $79.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for School AND Hiking, January 9, 2012
This review is from: JanSport Raney Daypack (Sports)
My nephew just recently moved from a large city to a rural one in North Dakota. I wanted to get him something that would tie his old world with his new world. This backpack is great. It has all of the essentials he needs. There is a sleeve for a 15 inch laptop (which is more than enough room). The same sleeve can hold a "camel back type" water sleeve when he is out hiking with his grandfather.

The two big compartments will hold all of his books during the week and his hiking supplies on the weekend. There are tightening straps on both sides of the bag to help with compression if it is full of hiking necessities. Both sides of the bag have water bottle pockets, which have been successfully used for rolled up rain coats and cans of bug spray and sunscreen.

In addition, the front has the nice elastic loops that can also hold small bottles, rolled up t's or other necessities. The shoulder straps are easy to adjust and nicely padded.

This is a great bag. It has a city look with the quality and extras needed for a rural hike. He was VERY happy with his bag.

Fijit Friends Newbies Yellow Zinzie Figure
Fijit Friends Newbies Yellow Zinzie Figure
Offered by Bye Stuff
Price: $9.89
29 used & new from $5.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute as a Button, But That's About It, January 9, 2012
I bought my daughter the yellow Newbie Zinzie for Christmas, and she loved it because it was soooo cute --- for about three days. This is totally my fault. I got sucked in by the "gotta have it" Christmas gifts list on some website and was enamored by this little guy's big sweet eyes.

It really does not do much. It sings a little and there's a button you can push. I can see a 2-4 year old carrying around the Newbie like a sweet little rubbery baby, but I would not buy one again for someone over 4. I stopped myself from buying the more expensive, full-size version. Thank goodness!

The truth is: Zinzie is cute. But I also bought my daughter an Etch-a-Scetch, and she picks it up everytime she walks buy it. So much for technology! Ha!

Canon Waterproof Camera Case WP-DC310L 5191B001
Canon Waterproof Camera Case WP-DC310L 5191B001
Offered by OpticsPlanet, Inc
Price: $67.49
4 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What the Average Family (Or Kid) Needs!, January 9, 2012
I WISH we were one of those families that goes on great scuba diving expeditions to exotic places, but there are nine of us and the best we ever get is swimming pools in hotels and the local lake.

We bought the Canon WP-DC310L Case along with the Elph 100 HS for our son for Christmas. I will admit, I was a little sceptical, but he has had the best time taking "underwater" pictures of his brothers and sisters in hotel swimming pools.

The case fits the camera perfectly. He has no trouble getting it on and off. It protects just as promised. All of the buttons for the camera line up with the case. AND most importantly, the case does not detract from the quality of the pictures. I cannot wait until summer returns to North Dakota and we can try it out in the lake.

For now, I highly recommend the camera and the case. We will be going on vacation to Las Vegas and Santa Monica in March. I will definitely come back and update its abilities in more pools and the Pacific Ocean. (No scubing, just beach swimming :( )

Triple 8 Brainsaver Glossy Helmet with Standard Liner
Triple 8 Brainsaver Glossy Helmet with Standard Liner
Price: $25.17 - $39.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit, Color, and Gloss!, January 6, 2012
I was very apprehensive when I decided to buy a helmet without the option of 'trying it on'. But I used the dimensions provided in the description and was thrilled when a perfect fit arrived.

The helmet feels very comfortable, and the straps hit in just the right place to be barely noticeable.

I'm actually going to use it when I ride bike because I ride on a very busy highway. I just feel a little more secure with a helmet that covers more of my head than the normal bicycle helmet. This may just be a psychological game I am playing with myself! Obviously the helmet is not going to protect my arms and legs from a tractor trailer!

The color is very nice. The pink is classy. And I am a gloss lover.

I just hope my family doesn't make me wear it all the time. I have a tendency to fall on the ice walking, so they may require it every time I leave the house this winter!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2012 10:52 PM PST

OtterBox Universal Defender Case for iPhone 4 (Black Silicone & Black Plastic)
OtterBox Universal Defender Case for iPhone 4 (Black Silicone & Black Plastic)
Offered by ShoppeDeals
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Smarter Than the $169 Deductible for Insurance!, December 16, 2011
The purchace of the Otterbox is a plain and simple -no thought needed- decision. Here is why: my husband bought a iPhone 4 in white with insurance and felt no need for a case. Two weeks later he dropped it from the top of a grain bin and shattered it. (See the photo). He was not horribly concerned because he had insurance. Not so great. The insurance required a $169 deductible, would not send a white one as a replacement, and he had to accept a refurbished black. NO NEW PHONE!

Enter the Otterbox. For less than $25, his phone is completely protected from the craziness of farming (except total submersion). This is the route he should have taken in the first place!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light Turtle, Classic Mocha
Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light Turtle, Classic Mocha
Offered by BabyEarth
Price: $33.95
26 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Little Ones . . . Great for My Special Needs Son, December 15, 2011
I have been trying for months to figure out something to help my Meth-exposed 7 year old adopted son relax and fall asleep after his ADHD medication has worn off, and he is rewired and unable to calm down his brain. I found it!

The stars on the ceiling have been just the thing to keep him relaxed and still in his bed as he waits for sleep. We have used it as an educational tool by teaching him the constellations and then looking at the real ones in our huge rural ND skies. But he has also just used the stars to count over and over, stare at for no particular reason, check out the different sizes, and notice how they brighten as the night gets darker, or we close his door and curtains.

Meth-exposure is a huge unknown. It is hard. It can be trying. It can be frustrating and hard to understand. But when you find a product that helps, it deserves 5 stars. Definitely buy this for your sweet little babies at home, but also consider it for therapy. We were very happy to find it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13