Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Cammie > Reviews

Browse

Cammie's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cammie RSS Feed (Pensacola)

Color Wheel for Artificial Christmas Trees Early Years
Color Wheel for Artificial Christmas Trees Early Years

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 17, 2008
I bought this item for my aluminum Christmas. Thought it might be fun to revisit my Grandmother's old Christmas tree memories this year. What a disappointment. It is noisy and doesn't work. I would not recommend this item. Maybe a different brand will work but this one doesn't!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2009 1:05 PM PST

From Baghdad to America: Life Lessons from a Dog Named Lava
From Baghdad to America: Life Lessons from a Dog Named Lava
by Jay Kopelman
Price: $23.95
102 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars CANDID UNCUT EMOTION, June 17, 2008
I read Jay Kopelman's first book, "From Baghdad with Love" and loved it. Thinking this would be a continuation of the adventures of Lava, I imagined Lava visiting Disney World, learning to surf, becoming a movie star...something that would continue the heartwarming story so interestingly told by Mr. Kopelman. I found that Mr. Kopelman's writing style in "From Baghdad, with Love" was not only articulate but from the heart.
"From Baghdad To America, Life Lessons from a Dog Named Lava" was EVERYTHING I thought it WOULDN'T be.
I am a military nurse that has never seen combat but married to a Marine that has. I've worked with military families for over 18 years. So in my community I've seen my share of PTSD "damaged" families in the form of depression, criminal acts, domestic violence, child abuse, addiction and suicide.
Kopelman's experiences are not uncommon, his gift for writing is.
Mr. Kopelman expresses on paper what the mind doesn't often communicate. Unless you are a Marine, soldier or sailor that has been where Jay is mentally and emotionally you may find some of his language somewhat offensive but I will guarantee you will NOT find a more honest and straightforward account. Candid and uncut emotion at it's best!
The ONLY similarities between this and his last book is the heroic journey Mr. Kopelman takes to save a life. Only this time it is his own life he saves.

From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava
From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava
by Jay Kopelman
307 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars BRAVO, January 25, 2007
I was absolutely hooked after the first page. LtCol Kopelman's story makes you laugh and cry. Who doesn't love a story about a hero and a cute pup? Warm and touching not words you would expect to use in relationship to the war in Iraq but certainly what you feel throughout the story. LtCol Kopelman's candid thoughts and descriptions of his experiences in Iraq and Lava's rescue left me with a strong sense of committment to our men and women fighting for the freedoms we take for granted. Bravo Zulu LTCOL Kopelman. Throughout the book I imagined this being made into a movie. One of which I would run to see! This is a fine book and perfect for any audience!

The Endowment: One Woman's Journey of Soul and Spirit
The Endowment: One Woman's Journey of Soul and Spirit
by Erinn Andrews
Price: $18.95
26 used & new from $3.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A journey of heart and soul, January 25, 2007
This is not the type of book I would normally buy or read. However, it was fantastic. I couldn't put it down. The author vividly described feelings every woman in search of herself feels. The story line flowed into a beautiful story of self discovery.