Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th
Profile for K. Doyle > Reviews

Browse

K. Doyle's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Doyle "KC_Cooker" RSS Feed (Kansas)

Page: 1 | 2
Surprise-Inside Cakes: Amazing Cakes for Every Occasion--with a Little Something Extra Inside
by Amanda Rettke
Price: $18.63
91 used & new from $14.46

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book Full of Special Occasion Cakes, March 17, 2014
I am not good at decorating the outside of cakes...it's not a talent I posess so my kids are typically stuck with plainly decorated cakes. However, things are changing because thanks to the simple instructions in this book, I can now make the cakes special inside! It's so much fun to cut into a cake and see something beautiful and unexpected.
I appreciate that this book has recipes for novice cake bakers as well as the more advanced cake baker.

The Good Life for Less: Giving Your Family Great Meals, Good Times, and a Happy Home on a Budget
by Amy Allen Clark
Price: $13.27
87 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical advice for a happy household, January 5, 2013
Getting finances and household management under control takes time and effort. Amy's book gives readers simple and practical advice for how to make a happy, organized, debt free home. Her tips for frugal living with a focus on building family traditions are something every family can gleam insight from.
I will keep Amy's book handy and will refer to it often!

Heft: A Novel
Heft: A Novel
by Liz Moore
Price: $18.31
110 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read, December 24, 2012
This review is from: Heft: A Novel (Hardcover)
This was simply one of the best books I've read. I have a list of great books I've read in 2012, and this takes the top spot. The characters stay with you and are endearing, raw and real. I can't wait to read more by this author!

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn
Price: $16.99
936 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy good!, September 24, 2012
This review is from: Gone Girl (Hardcover)
I was up until 2am finishing this book. Even though I was incredibly tired, I couldn't put it down until I figured out how it ended. In fact, I started reading it the night before we left for our Estes Park vacation and had to force myself to keep it shut until on the way home so I wouldn't ignore my family the whole time we were away. Once it was open again, I was completely absorbed in the twists and turns of this story.

Updated to add - one of the things I think really appealed to me about this story is that it was set in Carthage, MO area, which is close to where I grew up. I was very familiar with the setting and the characters being referred to throughout the book.

I don't want to give anything away, but Gone Girl is a story about marriage, relationships and revenge with a whole lot of crazy thrown in. It's a thrilling, twisted, insanely good read. I felt like the ending could have given a bit more closure, but other than that, loved it. I gave it 5 Stars.

Desserts in Jars: 50 Sweet Treats that Shine
Desserts in Jars: 50 Sweet Treats that Shine
by Shaina Olmanson
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: $11.44
109 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful cookbook!, August 30, 2012
Desserts in Jars reacquainted me with memories of my Grandpa and our time spent together eating mini desserts and parfaits out of jars. The appeal of pies, puddings, cakes and more in little single serving dessert jars was one I could totally relate to. There's just something about eating dessert in your very own special jar that makes it all the more decadent.

Desserts in Jars is full of a wide range of recipes and beautiful photos. The photography in this book is stunning and the recipes are well written with easy to follow instructions. So far, my favorite recipe I've tried is the Tres Leches cake. From the presentation down to the flavor, this was one recipe I'll be returning to time and time again.

If you are looking for a cookbook full of fun ideas, delicious recipes and beautiful photography, you won't be disappointed with Desserts in Jars.

Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop, WH20200
Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop, WH20200
Price: $75.15
68 used & new from $52.60

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've found for hardwood floors!, August 12, 2012
When we moved into our house 5 years ago, I was excited about having hardwood floors throughout. As the years went on, and my kids became more messy, I discovered that although hardwood floors were nice, they were difficult to keep clean.

For the past couple of years I have been on the hunt for a mop or floor cleaner that was easy to use, kept our floor shiny and nice, and easy to store. I've tried Sh-Mops and other steam mops. It wasn't until I found the TwinTank Steam Mop that I discovered exactly what I was looking for.

The things I like most about the TwinTank Steam Mop are:
*Small enough to store in a place where I can get it out quickly and easily.
*Great for big and small jobs alike
*I love love love that you can use just steam or a mix of steam and cleaning solution. With prior mops that were just steam I felt like my hardwood floors were left dull and lifeless. The solution, used in very small amounts, cleans well and keeps my floors shiny and nice!
*It takes just a few seconds to heat up
*The shape of the head is perfect for getting into corners and crevices my other mops couldn't get into

I would highly recommend this mop for anyone who has hardwood floors in heavily trafficked areas that are hard to keep clean. It's easy to pull out for the smallest and biggest of jobs!

I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
by Laura Hillenbrand
Price: $16.31
1220 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to read, yet hard to put down., February 5, 2012
I finished the book Unbroken - A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption today with tears streaming down my face.

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand is a gut wrenching biography / memoir of Louis Zamperini, a former Olympian who was drafted during World War II. After a series of "lucky to still be alive" events, Louis finds himself captured as a POW in Japan. Suffering unmentionable torture and abuse, Louis' story brings light to the treatment of POW's in Japan in a way I have never comprehended.

This is a heavy, heart wrenching book... it was difficult to get through yet extremely hard to put down.

Unbroken is more than a war story... it is a book about persevering, faith, and forgiveness.

I will live my life differently, with a much deeper respect for the Veterans of the past and the present, thanks to this book. I highly recommend this book to all of you.

Perfect One-Dish Dinners: All You Need for Easy Get-Togethers
Perfect One-Dish Dinners: All You Need for Easy Get-Togethers
by Pam Anderson
155 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Busy mom loves this cookbook!, August 31, 2010
This is my first cookbook by Pam Anderson and now I can't wait to pick up her other books. I'm a busy mom of four, and Pam seems to really get what I am looking for which is meals that are healthy, quick and delicious to feed my family on busy school nights.

Filled with tasty recipes and gorgeous, mouth watering photos, I've several "this is a keeper" meals from this book. I can't wait to try more from this book and from Pam's other cookbooks!

The Good Home Cookbook: More Than 1000 Classic American Recipes
The Good Home Cookbook: More Than 1000 Classic American Recipes
by Richard J. Perry
50 used & new from $0.94

5.0 out of 5 stars For the new and experienced cook!, December 10, 2006
This is a great cookbook. It's one of those rare cookbooks that you can pick up and find new recipes that you've never tried, as well as the kinds of recipes your mom used to make... classic home cooking!

If you are searching for a cookbook staple... one for experienced chefs and new chefs alike, then this cookbook is one you should pick up. You won't be disappointed!

Hoover Flair Bagless Stick Vacuum, Bagless, S2200
Hoover Flair Bagless Stick Vacuum, Bagless, S2200

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little product!, January 29, 2005
After much research, I am now the proud owner of the

Hoover Flair stick vacuum/electric broom. I just used it and all I can say is WOW! I honestly wasn't going to use it today because Iswiffered yesterday and didn't really think I'd pick up much. Boy, was I wrong! After a once through on my hardwoods and area rugs, the canister was over half full of my Golden Retrievers hair!

I chose this broom vac for the price and features. It has the swivel head, which is really nice. It

also has a switch for changing from a hard floor surface to carpet.

I wanted that so it could do my two area rugs as well as my hardwood floors. I wouldn't

use this as my main vacuum by any means, but for what I'm going to use it for I think it will be perfect! Hopefully it will hold up nicely!

Page: 1 | 2