Profile for zigra > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

zigra RSS Feed (Georgia, USA)

Cat of the Century: A Mrs. Murphy Mystery
Cat of the Century: A Mrs. Murphy Mystery
by Rita Mae Brown
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
139 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had seen the bad reviews before reading...., August 2, 2013
Add me to the list of people really put off by the political ranting in this book. It's a series about animals solving crimes - please don't have a 98-year-old complain about Congress "raping" the taxpayer. Like others before me have said, there is no longer any character development, just grandstanding. The mysteries are also somewhat tired: 4-5 new people are introduced at the beginning of the book, half of them will be dead by page 175, then you have 25-50 pages of wondering which of the other two did it, and it's not really that challenging. This might be the last Mrs. Murphy mystery for me.

I Am Very Far
I Am Very Far
Price: $11.99
58 used & new from $0.86

5.0 out of 5 stars I fly upon my silver scissoring wings, July 11, 2011
This review is from: I Am Very Far (Audio CD)
Yes, there is a lot going on in this album, and I know that is turning a lot of people off. I think the lyrics are a bit more obtuse on this CD, but musically it is much more interesting than anything else they've done. For me the different flavors of the songs don't compete, but blend like neapolitan ice cream over pound cake. Delicious!