Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

TiVoSlide C00240 Keyboard Remote Control, Black
TiVoSlide C00240 Keyboard Remote Control, Black
Offered by weaKnees DVR Superstore
Price: $119.99
9 used & new from $45.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 91 days and unusable, September 22, 2012
I'd just like to second the various reviews that mention how terrible the quality control of this product is. This product has a 90 day warranty. That's a pretty short warranty for a bluetooth wireless remote in my opinion (I'd think a year would be normal) but there's a reason: they don't last. Mine died as soon as the warranty period was up. Up and down navigation buttons don't work, select doesn't work, and hitting the Tivo button does something weird to my Tivo, causing it to go into an infinite loop of Tivo button presses, even after I pulled the battery from the remote. I had to power cycle the Tivo to get around it. I went back to the factory remote, which isn't bad, but I liked the keyboard.

At this rate I'd have to spend $240 a year to use this remote. Too bad. I'd gladly pay $100 for something like this which would last a few years before it died.

Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo Saga)
Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo Saga)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping yarn from beginning to end, July 1, 2012
Although Wool Omnibus Edition is described as a collection of five Wool stories, it's really a singular story with five parts, hence why I described it as a gripping yarn. See what I did there? Except someone else probably thought of the same thing. I haven't bothered to read all 1200 or so five star reviews.

So if I had to describe Wool in a nutshell: Think of a dystopian future that's as grim as something you'd find in The Hunger Games, cram it into a tiny vertical city buried underground, and that's pretty much the beginning of Wool. There's lots of interesting characters and plot twists, not that much real "science", and it's an easy but fun read. I'm sleepy and lazy, so I'll break down what I think are the best and worst things about this book:

Pros:
* Cheap!
* Great original story.
* For an indie novel, it reads like a professionally edited book. Either the author had some talented help editing it, or he's just awesome. Or both.

Cons:
* It ends.
* I can't think of anything else offhand.

Hands down the best science fiction novel I've read in a long time.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book for squishing spiders with!, April 10, 2012
Unlike the other reviewers who were disappointed that this book was nothing more than a ham-fisted attempt to scam money out of people, I was interested in this book for an entirely different purpose: squishing small spiders against the wall.

I'm sure you've had the same experience I have. You're sitting in your living room, relaxing and watching Fringe, when all of a sudden, there's a tiny spider on the wall next to the TV. You grab the nearest book, but immediately pause: you don't want dead spider squished all over your pristine first edition copy of The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson, do you? Of course not. What you really need is a book you don't care about, that's worthless, and ideally, is a convenient size for squishing spiders with.

That's where this paperback edition of Fast and Slow Thinking by Karl Daniels really shines. It's a small size with a decent amount of weight, perfectly sized for medium to small hands. It's reasonably well balanced for emergency throws (when you can't be bothered to get off the sofa, for those hard-to-reach spiders, or for "runners.") I appreciated the glossy cover, which makes it easy to wipe the legs and squishy innards off later. Since you'll never want to read it, you won't feel bad for soiling it.

Definitely a must-have item!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2012 3:01 AM PDT

CaseCrown Omni Cover Case for Apple iPad 2 (Magnetic cover for Apple Smart Cover's Sleep & Awake)

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit iPad 3/new iPad (2012)!, March 16, 2012
This item was advertised as fitting "The new iPad" (the third iPad.) It does not. The item I received said "iPad 2" on the packaging and didn't mention the new iPad, and since the new iPad is a bit thicker than the iPad 2, the molded back of the case doesn't fit quite right on the new iPad. It sort of half-fits -- you can get a couple of the corners on, but you can't get it in all the way around, and the case flops off if you're not careful. Clearly they made an assumption that the dimensions would not change or that people would not care -- this is not the case. No pun intended.

I'll be sending this back for a refund.

BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet 6.6 Feet (2m) - Supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest Version]
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $14.95
9 used & new from $4.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for my Playstation 3, March 4, 2012
One of the weird things about HDMI cables is that some stores want to charge an arm and a leg for them, but you can get them for a few bucks online. This cable from Amazon is perfectly good, cost me next to nothing, and performs just as well as a cable you could buy at a local electronics store for thirty or forty dollars. It worked great for hooking up a Playstation 3 to an HDMI-capable LCD monitor.

Rolodex Mesh Collection Business Card Holder, Black (22251ELD)
Rolodex Mesh Collection Business Card Holder, Black (22251ELD)
Price: $2.48
37 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT Rolodex brand, but made by the same company. Quality item., August 13, 2011
I bought this as a cheap tablet holder for a Xoom tablet. It works fine for that. It's exactly what it looks like in the picture. As in the picture, there's no brand printed on the product itself.

There's a few negative reviews about how it's not by Rolodex. I can see why people would be initially upset -- the packaging on the one I just received says it's "Eldon" brand, by Sanford. However, a quick google search reveals that Rolodex is also owned by Sanford. So this is made by the same company and sure seems like the same product, just with different branding on the packaging. Considering how cheap this was I have no real complaints.