Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for Quality Obsessor > Reviews

Browse

Quality Obsessor's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Quality Obsessor RSS Feed (Albany, New York United States)

14K Gold 13x18mm Guardian Angel Cameo Pendant
14K Gold 13x18mm Guardian Angel Cameo Pendant
Offered by PriceRock
Price: $141.35

5.0 out of 5 stars and I don't know how this cameo could have been any better. The blue color is fabulous, July 4, 2015
There are so many similar guardian angel cameos at different price points that I was really hesitant which to buy. Some of them seemed very small and others appeared to have "blurry" outlines of the angel. I really didn't need to worry, and I don't know how this cameo could have been any better. The blue color is fabulous, the angel has a "personable" appearance and the details are sharp and clear. Furthermore, the back is closed and finished (with a black stone-like appearance)- which is very unusual! My wife loves it and wears it all the time (in spite of having other very expensive jewelry to choose from). I think that it is an excellent value and would buy it again without hesitation.

iPhone 6 Case, elago S6 Duro Case for the iPhone 6 (4.7inch) - eco friendly Retail Packaging (Matte Black / Soft feel Black)
Offered by elago design
Price: $15.99
5 used & new from $12.30

4.0 out of 5 stars good attachment to belt, July 4, 2015
Simple, light, fits to form with moderate-sized case attached, good attachment to belt, unobtrusive, and easy to extricate the Iphone 6 and close it back in case. Clip could be a little stronger and longer for security on belt. However,the belt loops can solve that problem. It looks well enough made that I expect it to last for some time. With lightning deal, an excellent purchase!

Bower Step-Up Adapter Ring 52mm Lens to 58mm Filter Size
Bower Step-Up Adapter Ring 52mm Lens to 58mm Filter Size
Offered by A&R PHOTO VIDEO INC
Price: $4.60
10 used & new from $2.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disappointed, December 27, 2011
NOT a Bower; unfortunately a no-name converter- not the one shown in the picture with "Bower" on it. I took off one star because of the misrepresentation but also another one because it is not very smooth when attaching to my Hoya HMC UV filter. Still, it is metal, does its job and will probably last.

Keurig, Tully's, Italian Roast, K-Cup Counts, 50 Count
Keurig, Tully's, Italian Roast, K-Cup Counts, 50 Count
Offered by Deals On Call
Price: $35.95
9 used & new from $35.95

2.0 out of 5 stars not really a dark roast, October 1, 2011
I don't really understand why this coffee is so popular. I like dark, extra bold roasts such as Black Tiger, Emeril's, and GM Double Black Diamond. However, this coffee tastes to me much more like a medium roast, has a bitter aftertaste and is not very flavorful. If you like dark roasts, I don't think this will be one of your favorites. However, it has a lot of positive reviews all over the place. I ordered it twice from two different sites (Keurig and Amazon) to be really sure that I did not just receive a bad batch, but I will not be ordering it again.

Emeril's Big Easy Bold Coffee, 24-Count K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 2)
Emeril's Big Easy Bold Coffee, 24-Count K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 2)
Offered by Deals On Call
Price: $32.29
12 used & new from $29.74

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened to Emeril's?, September 29, 2010
I have to agree with Dr. Pete's review below. Up until this batch, Emeril's Big Easy was by far my favorite coffee. To give you an idea of what my taste runs to, I also drink Gloria Jean's Black Gold, Coffee People Black Tiger, and Tully's Italian Roast along with an occasional Van Houtte's Honduran. However, Emeril's was my standard cup. But this latest bunch is nearly tasteless and watery! It used to have a great aroma, full body, and was easily drinkable. The only reason I didn't score it lower was because it is still not bitter or has a bad after taste.

I am not sure what to do now. I just put this on auto renew when I got this batch. I'm kinda' scared to keep on getting it, if it is going to stay this way. I might just cancel it and drink more Black Tiger (the most similar IMHO). Too bad; I have frequently seen coffee quality from the same brand change in my life- and not only in the k-cups.

Update: I tried using this on my 7.5oz instead of 9.5oz setting, and it is somewhat better. However, it is still not nearly as flavorful as it usually was on 9.5oz. I am really puzzled why more people have not experienced this; maybe my taste buds are growing Old? ;o) However, my other coffees still taste the same.

Van Houtte Cafe Honduras Medium Roast, Extra Bold Coffee, 24-Count K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 2)
Offered by JavaFly
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Change of Pace for the Dark Brew Lover, September 24, 2010
Generally I love a really dark, bold brew (think Coffee People Black Tiger K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 50) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging], Emeril's Big Easy Bold Coffee for Keurig Brewers, 24-Count K-Cups (Pack of 2), Gloria Jean's Coffees, Black Gold Extra Bold for Keurig Brewers, 24-Count K-Cups (Pack of 2)) However, change is good, and I appreciate an excellent medium roast once in a while and this Honduras was an unexpected find.

It is a Bold variety ("bold" refers to the amount of coffee put into a k-cup, not whether it is a light, medium, or dark roast), and I like a somewhat stronger cup of coffee. It has a very distinct aroma and flavor which I find rare in the k-cups and also tastes really fresh and somewhat sweet. The lighter brews generally taste too "sour" for me, but I really enjoy drinking this coffee. If you generally tend towards dark roasts but want to try something different, I can recommend this coffee highly. Out of approximately twenty different light and medium roasts that I have tried, this is the only one I truly enjoy.

Panasonic ES8109S Men's 3-Blade (Arc 3) Wet/Dry Nanotech Rechargeable Electric Shaver with Vortex Cleaning System, Silver
2 used & new from $699.99

3.0 out of 5 stars great!!... but only for a while, June 18, 2008
My credentials: 40 yrs. shaving (the 1st 25 years only with a blade.) I was so obsessed with closeness that I used to shave with a badger brush and shaving soap using a Hoffritz single blade. (This is as close as a barber's straight blade.)

I have tried just about all the shavers since then. Remingtons, Norelcos (through the Bond, James Bond model), all the Brauns through the Activator, and the last 3 or 4 Panasonic models.

Braun, with its interceptor blades, convinced me that shaving electrically was quicker, less bloody, and more comfortable than my blades, along with an acceptable shave.

Panasonic's shavers convinced me that shaving with an electric could come very close to the quality of a blade. However, there was always a problem. The first few ultrasonics I had had terrible batteries. Another one went dead after a year (and had the reputation for doing that too). And the last one (I'm too lazy to look up that number) was a step backwards and never shaved very close.

I got the ES8109s for around $86 here at Amazon before Christmas and was delighted. It fit perfectly in my hand, had the closest shave I have experienced so far, was good around the neck, and was comfortable. I always liked the cleaning system but cleaned and charged my shaver in the cleaner only once a week (every Sunday). Daily, I would brush out the whiskers.

Unfortunately, after only 3 months, I already felt that the blades needed to be replaced. After 6 months, I can barely get an acceptable shave at all, having to go over and over the same area and still not get a close shave. This is not acceptable since (it seems to me at least) Panasonic's replacement blade/screens are the most expensive. The Brauns always lasted me between 18 months to 2 years.

I am now debating whether to give this shaver one more try by replacing the blades or try a Braun 360 instead. (I refuse to buy the Braun Pulsonic since they feel very cheap in the hand, in my opinion, and have integrated blades/shaver screens that cannot be cleaned out with a brush.) This is really frustrating since Panasonic makes wonderful shavers but always appears to have an "Achille's heel."
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2010 1:24 AM PDT

Pulsar Men's PXN021 Watch
Pulsar Men's PXN021 Watch
Price: $69.68
9 used & new from $63.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, tough as nails, functional watch, August 4, 2006
This review is from: Pulsar Men's PXN021 Watch (Watch)
This watch is probably the best quartz watch that I have ever owned- bar none, including Seiko watches costing 3 to 4 times as much. It's accurate to the second, of course, and has taken all kinds of abuse (beach, ocean, tennis, white water rafting, etc.) and still looks brand new.

The watch has a screw-down bezel that really remains water tight, even over time. (I have had this watch for about a year.) The face is clear and glows in the dark incredibly bright and for a long time.

The only problem I have is with the 24-hr markings on the face. This gives 3 rows of numbers (see above picture) and makes the face appear a little less clean than it could be, but it has not detracted from my joy and confidence in this watch!

FOLLOW-UP: I have now had this watch for over 3 years of active (and at times abusive) use. It still glistens and looks nearly brand new. I have never had to set the time, it still glows brilliantly in the dark, and has not yet required a battery replacement. After 3 years; still highly recommended

FOLLOW-UP #2: I stumbled across my old review here and thought that I might as well mention that I am still wearing this as my main watch (though I love watches and even have some, such as a Jaeger LeCoultre, that are extremely expensive). It is now 5 1/2 years old! In the meantime, I have had one battery change. Otherwise, it has very few scratches, continues to look great, is comfortable, and continues to be water-proof, including surviving ocean swims. This watch is aging much better than I am and continues to be highly recommended by me for the above reasons.

FOLLOW-UP #3: It is now Christmas 2013- well over 7 years since my original review. This watch has taken many a lickin' but still keeps on tickin'! Honestly I don't see any difference since my last review- except for another battery change. Frankly I have simply gotten tired of the watch- and given it to my wife who is a visiting home nurse who uses it now to take patients' pulses and make her appointments on time. She loves it too.
As my eyeballs are aging, I find the face somewhat "busy" with three rows of numbers, but the face is still acceptably large enough to see fairly easily- and it still glows well in the dark. None of the numerous Seikos that I have owned over the years have held up nearly as well. This watch continues to receive my highest endorsement!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2014 9:40 PM PDT