Profile for Sue > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 258

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sue RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Amazing Gracie: A Dog's Tale
Amazing Gracie: A Dog's Tale
Price: $6.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice story, not too long, easy reading, September 14, 2014
It's a nice story featuring the authors' love of their dogs, which isn't unusual. The more interesting part of the story is how Gracie led them to develop the Three Dog Bakery. Some nice photos and cute artwork in the book.

If you like dog books, try "One Good Dog" by Susan Wilson.

The Racketeer: A Novel
The Racketeer: A Novel
by John Grisham
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.02
398 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the reader guessing until the end, September 12, 2014
Pretty good book, holds your interest to figure out how all the characters and events fit together. All is revealed in about the last 10 pages.

Sloggers 2841BL08 Women's Rain and Garden Ankle Boots with Comfort Insole, Size 8, Midsummer Blue
Price: $30.75
2 used & new from $30.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not for me, September 1, 2014
These are great but did not suit my tender feet. They would be perfect for walking in the deep, wet grass. So good looking too.

Ultra Stomp Rocket
Ultra Stomp Rocket
Price: $14.50
88 used & new from $7.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, September 1, 2014
This review is from: Ultra Stomp Rocket (Toy)
Got this for my 3 & 4 year old grandkids. I'm giving it a 5 for fun factor, a 1 for sturdiness and construction, which equals a 3.

The thing fell apart repeatedly and of course I had to fix it repeatedly until I got a string and tied it together at the base. The wing nut does not attach securely because the screw does not have a groove in it to hold it steady while tightening the wing nut. It is made very cheaply, flimsily.

It came with a package of extra rockets. That was nice, but the construction is not very good. The kids love it. I would recommend supervision at all times.

Journeys on the Silk Road: A Desert Explorer, Buddha's Secret Library, and the Unearthing of the World's Oldest Printed Book
Price: $13.49

3.0 out of 5 stars It reads like a report and is boring to me even though ..., August 22, 2014
I will not finish the book, at 30 percent now. It reads like a report and is boring to me even though I'm interested in the subject at hand.

Amdro 4-Pack Kills Ants Bait Stations
Amdro 4-Pack Kills Ants Bait Stations
Price: $2.97
11 used & new from $2.36

1.0 out of 5 stars Zero stars, August 15, 2014
Wish I had checked Amazon reviews before I wasted money on this product. Maybe it depends on what type of ants a person has, but these bait stations did absolutely nothing and we are still overrun with ants. They have no interest in the stations. Not sure what kind of ant we have; could be the Velvety Tree Ant, but the refused to eat jam but like cat food. I'm currently trying a homemade concoction for them. Just a tasty little buffet. Anyway, we may have to get professional help.

Death of a Policeman (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
Death of a Policeman (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a favorite, August 4, 2014
I've read several of these mysteries and am glad I took the time to read this one, even tho' it's not a favorite. The story was too confusing; there was just too much going on. I got a kick out of Dick and his relationship to Hamish, his crush on the young librarian.

Ecosox Viscose From Bamboo Medium Weight Hiking / Work Socks
Ecosox Viscose From Bamboo Medium Weight Hiking / Work Socks
Offered by BBS Hosiery, Inc. / Ecosox
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars They are OK socks, August 1, 2014
I bought these socks because the other brands of hiking socks are so expensive, up to $20. They are very roomy in the toe area, but fit my women's size 8 foot ok. The roominess in the toe area did not bunch up or bother me when hiking. They are a little tight in the ankles, but it did not bother me. My ankles are normal, not heavy. The socks are heavy enough, but not as "cushy" as some socks which have a lot padding in the bottom of the foot. They have a different fabric in the toe and bottom of the heel area, probably stronger yarn than the rest of the sock because these are heavy wear areas. I would prefer a sock with more cushioning on the bottom of the foot, but my boots are snug enough that they could become too tight with a lot of extra padding.

I've worn these socks once, today when we hiked 5 miles. My feet felt warm, but they were getting a workout and I imagine they would have felt warm with any sock.

The Space Between: An Outlander Novella
The Space Between: An Outlander Novella
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I tried, gave up at 60%, July 26, 2014
I have read and liked the Outlander series, but it has been a few years. I just could not make sense of this novela and decided to give it up before finishing. I'd say unless the series is fresh in your mind, don't try this novella. It's difficult to figure out what it's all about.

Captain Blood
Captain Blood
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Whew, I finished it!!, July 19, 2014
This review is from: Captain Blood (Kindle Edition)
Hard to believe it's only 296 pages print length because it took me a long time to read. Why...because the writing is stilted with a great deal of parenthetical information and caused me to read slowly. I liked the story but am not too interested in the details of battles at sea. Captain Blood is a wonderful hero in the book, and it's a fun book to read. Would be perfect for Caribbean cruise reading.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20