Profile for Martin Ullstrup > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Martin Ullstrup RSS Feed (Milwaukee, WI)

JFK. Analysis of a Shooting: The Ultimate Ballistics Truth Exposed
JFK. Analysis of a Shooting: The Ultimate Ballistics Truth Exposed
by Orlando Martin
Price: $15.13
28 used & new from $13.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, September 20, 2010
I found this book very facinating. The Author did his home work. Quite detailed book. It sheds a great deal of light on the events of that day.

Metrokane Deluxe Rabbit with Foilcutter
Metrokane Deluxe Rabbit with Foilcutter
2 used & new from $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Slick to use., February 10, 2010
I'm very satisfied with this opener. It functions just as the instructions tell to operate. Well made and a solid tool.

Taylors of Harrogate, Yorkshire Tea, 80-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 5)
Taylors of Harrogate, Yorkshire Tea, 80-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 5)
Offered by British Delights
Price: $26.85
13 used & new from $26.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Yorkshire Red, November 10, 2008
I have enjoyed this tea for about fifeteen years. It was introduced to me by a tea shop owned by a Ms. Gray originally from London, England. She was a child there during the second world war. She was moved to the country side during the war because of the bombing of London. After thae war she moved to the United Staes settling in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I never questioned her about her reason to move here but suspect it was because of her marriage to an American soldier while he was in England. Ms. Gray and her daughter ran a tea shop in Bay View, an area on the south side of Milwakee. For a reason unknown to me she moved her business to Waukesha, a small city about twenty miles west of Miwaukee. Her new shop was located in the heart of Waukesha and drew many people. I moved to Waukesha in nineteen eighty and was introduced to the new shop by my wife. We then enjoyed breakfast there almost evey Saturday morning.

My paternal grandmother was originally from London, having moved to Milwaukee at the age of seven, with her mother and her father, an engineer, who was sent to a new engineering office in Milwaukee by his employer in England in eighteen eighty two. She spoke to me at quite length about her childhood in England and Milwaukee. As a result I developed a kinship to the English people.

One morning at the tea shop Ms. Gray sat down at my table and we discussed our past and other things. I then learned that Ms. Gray's grandfather had started the Gray's Pottery Company in England. My wife was a collector of English Children's Plates, epescially those from Gray's Pottery. We all became quite good friends, having a number of things in common.

The tea Ms. Gray served as her "House Tea" was what she called Yorkshire Red, the very tea that I am speaking of here. It is a rather full bodied tea, often replacing coffee in many people's breakfasts. Taylors of Harrogate recommends the use of sugar and cream or milk in this coffee, the same way that I prefer it.

The tea shop was closed in the late nineteen ninety due to the hard work required to make all the items the tea shop sold. These included skones and other baked items along with the breakfast staples served by Ms. Gray and her daughter. Yet Yorkshire Red remains my favorite beverage for breakfast. I have never lost my taste for it and probably never will. It has become an old friend of mine bringing back to me many fond memories. I suspect that you too will feel this way afer adding to your breakfast menu.

Saint Francis, Wisconsin.

A Nation of Sheep
A Nation of Sheep
by Andrew P. Napolitano
87 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nation of Sheep, November 29, 2007
This review is from: A Nation of Sheep (Hardcover)
All three of Judge Napolitano's recent books on the subject of the loss of our civil rights and freedom have proven this author to be the most knowledgable of our Constitution and the workings of our present government. I found this book to be the best of the three and especially shocking. It would be hard to believe that the United States government has fallen to such tactics except for the work done by Judge Napolitano in finding and detailng the facts. The structure of the facts in this book is put together to not only build a "case" but to be a most "easy read". This book is a must read for all citizens of this country.
Martin Ullstrup, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

SEX IN HUMAN LOVING
SEX IN HUMAN LOVING
by Eric Berne
27 used & new from $0.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching and Romantic, November 1, 2007
This review is from: SEX IN HUMAN LOVING (Paperback)
I bought and read this book years ago. The title was probably used make the book sound "sexy", when in reality it is a very well written book of the love that can be shared between a woman and man. It has a bit of appropriate humor and a great deal of the romance that can develope between two people that have "found" each other. One fine example are words taken from a short story of the love that can be developed between two lovers. i.e. "when one dies, the other soon follows". I have enjoyed reading the excerps many times. Of course sex is discussed, but always in a loving way.

St. Francis, WI

The Horse Soldiers
The Horse Soldiers
DVD ~ John Wayne
Offered by Heaven Sent by revdwl
Price: $11.99
88 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars History of the Civil War, January 11, 2007
This review is from: The Horse Soldiers (DVD)
I purchased this DVD because of my interest in the history of the Civil War in the U.S.A., especially the facts concerning General Grant's capture of the fort at Vicksburg, Mississippi. General Grant was the person responsible for intiating the attact on Newton Station to destroy supplies the South had, the railroad tracks that would be used to reinforce the fort at Vicksburg and as a distraction to the Southern armies during Grants attack on the fort at Vicksburg. I believe this movie portrayed these facts quite well, while adding a description of the terrible experiences caused by this war.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2009 9:19 PM PDT