Profile for Lou-Dawg > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lou-Dawg "2D Aficionado" RSS Feed (Huntington, WV)

Page: 1 | 2
Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick
Price: $39.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Ships with a five foot cable, December 13, 2014
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
I have been unable to reach either of my HDTV's with the included power adapter, as it only ships with a five foot cable. Not very convenient for a product that tout's portability. I would have purchased a longer cable had I known.

Everyday Mathematics® Baseball MultiplicationTM 1-12 Facts
Everyday Mathematics® Baseball MultiplicationTM 1-12 Facts
Price: $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work on Kindle Fire HD 9 inch. ..., September 10, 2014
Does not work on Kindle Fire HD 9 inch. The overlay is misaligned with the background, and you cannot tell where to click.

Does work with Kindle Fire HD 7 inch.

If you have a larger screen Kindle Fire, avoid until/unless it is patched.

Chase Mobile
Chase Mobile

1.0 out of 5 stars Latest Update Ruined the Deposit Feature, May 13, 2014
This review is from: Chase Mobile (App)
I have been using this app for years to deposit my checks. My phone has not changed models. The latest update switched the rectangular camera viewfinder to a square viewfinder. To center a check, you have to back off several more feet than before. I can no longer get an image crisp enough for deposit, so for the first time in years I am going to have to drive to the bank every time I get a paper check.

Why would you replace a rectangular viewfinder for RECTANGULAR CHECKS with a square one? Please change back this feature Chase!!!!!!!

PORTTA PET0301S 3x1 Port HDMI Switch/Switcher 1080P Supports 3D with IR Wireless Remote Ultra High...
Offered by Wholesaleprices
Price: $6.53
43 used & new from $1.53

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with PS3 and WiiU, January 8, 2014
I have a very simple setup, PS3 and Wii U going into the switcher, which goes into my Sony TV. It appears to work fine, but the 'intelligent' switcher will randomly switch from PS3 to a POWERED OFF Wii U, giving me a black screen of death. The only way to get the unit to not switch signals away from my PS3 was to unplug the Wii U HDMI cable (I tried all combination of ports).

Having only one signal into a switcher completely negates the point of a switcher. I am returning for refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2014 6:30 PM PST

Twitch
Twitch

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not update!, August 2, 2013
This review is from: Twitch (App)
The latest update has a sign in feature but it doesn't do anything... EXCEPT show you targeted ads! No chat, no favorites, JUST ADS. If you haven't updated, stick with the ad free version.

Digiweigh 36 lbs White Postage Postal Shipping Scales + AC Adaptor
Digiweigh 36 lbs White Postage Postal Shipping Scales + AC Adaptor

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked for years, April 3, 2013
I bought this for around twenty bucks in 2005. It worked well for years but recently the power button is unresponsive. I can still get it to turn on sometimes by jiggling the button, but it is hit or miss.

I am contacting the manufacturer to see if they will honor their lifetime warranty. If so I will definitely bump my review.

Honestly for the price I paid it has lasted an adequate amount of time.

Generic AC Power Adapter Charger for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL
Generic AC Power Adapter Charger for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL
Offered by TekBotic
Price: $4.51
49 used & new from $1.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk After Two Months, November 26, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I generally buy non-OEM replacement chargers for my electronics. I am used to them failing after a year or so, but this unit lasted a mere two months. I did not damage it at all, one day it simply stopped charging. I am not happy, and neither is my seven year old suffering from 3DS withdrawal ;)

Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Mail

1.0 out of 5 stars Obtrusive ads, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Yahoo Mail (App)
Ads take too much real estate on a small phone screen. A step in the wrong direction. Do not update.

Rothco Proforce Olive Drab and Black Shemagh Scarf
Rothco Proforce Olive Drab and Black Shemagh Scarf
Offered by Army Universe
Price: $12.99
9 used & new from $8.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware: different quality from different countries, November 21, 2011
I purchased this based on the high quality reviews here, and I assumed I was buying a high quality shemagh from Pakistan. What I got instead was a Rothco 8537 shemagh made in India. Without opening the package, I can tell that the stitching is loose, I already see runs, and it will not last long.

I am contacting the seller to see if they have any good shemaghs in stock.

So realize that the good reviews on here may not apply to the product that you receive.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2013 10:11 AM PDT

PUR FM-3333B 2-Stage Vertical Faucet Mount, White
PUR FM-3333B 2-Stage Vertical Faucet Mount, White
Price: $15.98
62 used & new from $10.91

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Plastic will Crack Quickly!, November 11, 2009
I have owned two of these units in the last two years. The first one was the more expensive 'chrome' unit, which is identical to the white one but comes with one 3 stage filter instead of one 2 stage filter. Both filters fit in both units, so its really disingenuous that they advertise the chrome unit as somehow different or better.

The first (chrome) unit I had lasted about ten months, at which point it developed a leak in the see through indicator and would spray you with water when you used it.

We moved, so I left the old unit behind and bought a new unit (the white one) in July. Now, only four months later, it has developed three seperate cracks, this time in the white casing. I find it unbelievable that Pur did not use stronger plastic. Now we are left with a box of filters we bought expecting to use, and a broken water filter. I have mixed feelings whether to buy another Pur unit or just throw the filters away and start with a new brand. Horrible product.

Page: 1 | 2