Profile for Cathy A. Pulsifer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cathy A. Pulsifer "http://www.wow4u.com" RSS Feed (N.B., Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Faith From 9 to 5: How to Overcome the Seven Deadly Sins and Live Your Faith at Work
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book about Faith and More!, May 19, 2013
I found this book covered more than just faith and work, it addressed and explained many areas of everyday life. You will find positive suggestions and ideas that just makes life easier. Written in a way that is easy to read and at the end of each chapter you will find questions to ask yourself. A great book especially for those wondering how their faith can be applied to each and every day!

SAVING YOUR FAITH, YOUR HOME, AND YOUR HOUSE: A Guide to Faith  in Turbulent Times
SAVING YOUR FAITH, YOUR HOME, AND YOUR HOUSE: A Guide to Faith in Turbulent Times
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, May 18, 2013
A book that will inspire you and remind you that even through difficult times your faith will help you. Tom Fay uses personal examples that will help you understand the points he is making. A great book to read and suggestions to help if you are experiencing difficulties in your life.

STRAIGHT FROM GOD'S CORNER
STRAIGHT FROM GOD'S CORNER

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book Worth Reading, April 16, 2013
I started reading this book and found it was one that I had to finish in one sitting. But it is also one, which I will go back and reread. Filled with inspiration and personal stories it contains many excellent points about things that you may be thinking about as a Christian. The chapters are short but powerful, giving you thoughts and questions to think about. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about God, Jesus Christ and the Bible. My compliments to the author for his frankness, his openness, and his willingness to share his experiences.

God for Today
God for Today
Price: $3.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Thoughts, April 15, 2013
This review is from: God for Today (Kindle Edition)
A wonderful easy to read book that identifies everyday things that we use and how they relate to God. The next time you sit down and have a coffee or eat chocolate you may find the thoughts offered by the author will come to mind!

Called By God:Responders of Biblical Proportion
Called By God:Responders of Biblical Proportion

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book Worth Reading, April 14, 2013
A book that uses stories and life experiences to help us understand the meaning of specific Bible stories. The author gives us questions to consider and also shares his wisdom in this easy to read book.

Six Ridiculously Simple, yet Amazingly Powerful Techniques that will help You to Lose Weight

5.0 out of 5 stars Agree - Simple but Also Powerful, February 21, 2013
What a great book. The book not only motivated me to follow these 6 easy steps, but it also was a book that I found to be inspiring. Not just focusing on body, but also focusing on mind.

Losing weight is something that all of us at one time or another struggle with. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to lose weight. The steps are easy to follow and put into everyday practice. An easy read but one that will leave you with positive thoughts and easy steps to implement.

The Blessed Life:  The Simple Secret of Achieving Guaranteed Financial Results
The Blessed Life: The Simple Secret of Achieving Guaranteed Financial Results
by Robert Morris
142 used & new from $0.53

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Changed Our Life, February 9, 2013
Has something ever happened to you that you couldn't easily explain? Well, something did happen in my life, and this book, The Blessed Life, taught me what it was.

Here is our story. We are self employed and run two businesses. Both businesses were successful for the past 8 years, but then 2012 hit. And both of our businesses took a hit. Our income dropped by 75%. We found ourselves living on 25% of what we were used to. On top of that, we had debt from the business that we had to continue to pay. A challenging year financially for us to say the least.

But with every bad there is good. For the last 10 years, we have been looking for a church. Not just any church, but a church where we felt connected and part of. Near the end of 2012, we found such a place. The church is Moncton Wesleyan Church. (if you are ever in Moncton, New Brunswick on a Sunday morning, I would encourage you to attend - services at 9:15 and 11:00) Okay, I have digressed a bit. So, getting back to my story, we attended this church, and felt connected to the message, to the music, and more importantly to God.

They don't take up a collection at this church. They have offering boxes on the wall outside, and if you choose, you can make an offering after the service. Well after our first service, we felt so moved we gave all we had in our wallet - $20. Of course, we went back the following week, and again were moved by the service. We wanted to give. As mentioned, our finances were very tight but we gave again the only money we had. This continued Sunday after Sunday for about 4 weeks. We didn't have any extra money, we really didn't even have enough money to pay our bills, but we found the money to give to the church. Not because we felt in anyway obligated to give, but because we felt moved to give. We gave from our heart.

During one of these services the Pastor mentioned this book, The Blessed Life. He mentioned that last year they had given out over 800 of these books and they changed people's lives. WOW one book that could change people's lives - I wanted to read it.

So, we got a copy from the church. The book sat on our coffee table for a week. I was just to busy to read it. Then, on Saturday morning our dog couldn't walk, so off to the vet we went. And after a $250 vet bill for xrays and medication, we learned our dog, our faithful friend for the last 7 years, had severe arthritis in her back leg. When got home, we also found out that our printer would not work, and our dishwasher would not drain the water. Everything seemed to be piling up. To pay the vet, bill we had to borrow the money. The printer had to wait; there just was no money to buy a new one. And the dishwasher, my husband took it apart, but he could not repair it. My energy levels were running low. So, I sat on the couch and picked up this book that Pastor Tim had said changed lives. I really felt like I needed a change in my life.

I read the first chapter, and to be honest my first reaction to it was, "Wow this is good marketing for the church!" But, I continued reading, and found myself being amazed by Robert Morris's writings.

The part of the story that I have not told you was the week before I read this book, we had an offer to sell one of our websites. The website was not doing that great, and we did not have it up for sale. I wrote the gentlemen who emailed me and told him we may consider selling depending on his offer.

I got up the next day and opened my email, and there was his offer, $8,800US. I couldn't believe it. I had a strong feeling that someone was watching over us. In addition to the bills we had to pay, we also had taxes coming due, and I had no idea where we were going to get the money to pay these. And, now here was an offer for $8,800.

When my husband came upstairs, I told him about the offer. I told him my feelings about someone watching over us. He agreed. He found it hard to believe that an offer like this was being made on a website that was having difficulties.

The more I read the book, the more I realized that what Robert Morris was writing about actually happened to us. I read the entire book in one sitting. I didn't move from the couch until I had finished it.

You see, after reading this book, that website, that 8,800 in my opinion, was a result of us giving to God. Giving from our heart, having faith that things will work out. Are we financially out of trouble - no, but we are certainly better off than we were. The book had many components that hit home for me and my husband. It was like we were awakened, and now understood.

I should also mention that the next day, after I had read the book, our dog was able to walk on her own, our dishwasher was draining, and my printer worked. Did these things happen make me read the book? Or was it just a coincidence? I don't think so.

Read this book with an open mind, and an open heart. The book could change your life, and could change the world! It has certainly changed our life.

The Power Book of Green Energy Colors and Natural Mood Enhancers (Color Power Series 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, January 25, 2013
Never realized the color green could have such impact on different areas of our lives. The author has explored every aspect of this color and gives practical ideas and suggestions. If you want to know about "green the color" a great book to read!

21 Online and Offline Marketing Tips to Boost Your Business
21 Online and Offline Marketing Tips to Boost Your Business
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Marketing Book for Any Type of Business, January 1, 2013
A lot of good advice and ideas in this book. Some are ones that we may have heard before but are good reminders for us all. Certainly a book to read before you launch any product. And, an excellent book for any small business owner!

The Ingenious Guide To Twitter (Ingenious Guides To Social Networks)
The Ingenious Guide To Twitter (Ingenious Guides To Social Networks)
Price: $3.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots To Learn From This Book!, December 16, 2012
This book is a must have for anyone new to Twitter. It is written in an easy to follow format and will assist a new user in getting the most out of Twitter. Personally, I have used Twitter for a few years, but after reading the book I discovered tips that will help me when using Twitter.

Whether you are a beginner or an avid Twitter user I would recommend this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5