Profile for Maintyper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Maintyper RSS Feed

16" Phineas and Ferb Arms Crossed Rolling Backpack-tote-bag-school
16" Phineas and Ferb Arms Crossed Rolling Backpack-tote-bag-school
Offered by Hobby Hunters
Price: $28.97
6 used & new from $26.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Backpack, fragle Handle, November 20, 2014
We purchased this product top use during our Vacation to Florida. When we recieved the product it looked very good quality and we were glad for the choice we made. The only complaint I have is that the handle broke rather quickly. I dont think we had the backback for 2 months before the handle broke. Otheriwse, the backpack itself was very good quality. I would only buy again if I knew that they had improved the sturdyness of the handle.

Disney INFINITY (2.0 Edition) [Download]
Disney INFINITY (2.0 Edition) [Download]
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars PC Game provides a lot of savings, not only $$ but gas and time as well., November 20, 2014
I have been curious and intereted in Disney Infinity since it came out on the variouys consoles. But since I never plan on buying a console, I thought I would be excluded from playing the game. To my suprise I found out that Disney was allowing free downloads of the game and I was lucky enough to get a free code to unlock the Donald Duck Character. One of the first things I noticed was that the game was a bit complex, without a game controller, it can be a bit difficult to do all the different actions with the mouse/keyboard combo. I plugged in a controller and turned the function on in game but for some reason (possibly user error) the controller did not work. As I tried to get into the different custom content available from player uploads I found myself unable to access the product without the game demanding that I buy a starter set. So if you plan on downloading this game, expect to pay a minimum of $29.99 as of this writing to purchase the Meridia and Stitch starter set or all you will be able to do is access your own Interior, Self created toy boxes, and the Daily Challenge (Which you can only play once per day).

Since I only have Donald Duck, and have yet to purchase the starter set, my game play experience is rather limited. But when I am able to access the daily challenge, it is fun, lots and lots of fun. I have truly enjoyed playing this game, the graphics are cool and the music is Disney. I am sure when I do purchase the starter, it will open a new endless possibilty to play.

Lastly one of the things I am really happy about is the cost. We have so many toys floating around our house, being able to play characters without adding to that mess really appealed to me. Also, the cost of the digital characters are so much less expensive than the ones that come with toys. Also, the crystal figures are available as well, without the collector mark up. From what I have browsed through, the individual figures run about $5.99ea. (This includes the crystal figures). They have some Mega Starter sets that can avg. down the price of each figure to about $5.19ea. The power discs are also much less expensive as you can get the entire 1.0 for about $59.99 without having to worry about duplicates and I think the 2.0 were $49.00 There were a few other items for sale but I have not really looked at those, like combo sets, play sets, and hex discs. But I am sure they are equally as inexpensive.

If you want to enjoy this game at a much lower cost and don't really care about collecting the figures, this game would satisfy you. The avg. figure on amazon goes for about $12.99 and some of the harder to find figures can go for closer to $20

So save some gas and time not searching and the cost of the figure and download the PC version. I give it 4 stars. If the control interface was a bit easier it would have gotten all 5 from me.

Thank you.

I almost forgot to mention, but Disney has a reward system in place. You can copy and paste a link into an email and send to your friends. If they download the game from the link and get their character to level 7, you get a free character download of your choice. You can get 5 free characters this way. Which just adds to more savings and enjoyment.

SimCity: Limited Edition
SimCity: Limited Edition
Price: $18.02
69 used & new from $6.49

1.0 out of 5 stars I bought and can't even play, March 5, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
03/05/2013:I am really dissapointed by this game, Paid $60 pre-order from Amazon and cannot even play the game. If you are planning on purchasing this product I would wait at least a few months obviously EA and Orgin cannot get their servers in order. I also purchased the Digital add on from Orgin and it does not even show in my games list. Maybe I will have something nicer to say once I can actually play the game. Been trying to get in one of their servers for 5 hours.... Good luck... All I get is cannot create city at this time, try again.... What a joke!

03/06/2013: I can see by the now hundreds of 1-Star reviews that the situation has not improved much since I attempted to "PLAY" the game "I" purchased. I really don't want to return it, I really hope this can get resolved. This was the first game I have purchased new in seven years...

03/06/2013: Well I clicked on the Orgin live help tab, it said it would take 120-145 minutes until my turn... Well I waited until it said 15-20min when suddenly it jumped back to 125-130 minutes. So now I cannot only download the game, nor can I download the additional content I purchased and should have been in my account within 30min, but now their live chat is also not working... What a class company EA is running.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2013 9:05 AM PST

Olympus TG-320 14 MP Tough Series Camera with 3.6x Optical Zoom (Blue) (Old Model)
Offered by Great Caesar's Ghost!
Price: $304.95
4 used & new from $189.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera for the price....., August 27, 2012
I bought this camera for an upcoming trip to Legoland Ca. where my kids would probably spend most of their time at the waterpark area. So for fun I thought it would be nice to get a waterproof camera.

I am not a camera expert by any means, I currently own a Sony HX5V which is my primary Camera and without a doubt the best one I have ever owned.

The Olympus is a good product, and the pictures came out a lot better than I was expecting. They were clear and impressive. The video was pretty good too. I have not had the time to try all the setting, or my pic's and video might have come out better.

Was it waterproof? Yes, it was. I had to recharge it several times during our trip and not once did it fail. I have also used it at our local waterpark since then and it is holding up fine. One issue it to be extra, extra careful not to get anything on the glass lense or water droplets will stick to it, causing some pictures to come out bad. I really enjoyed not having to worry being splashed or having the camera fall under the water. Once out of the water, the HX5V did the job.... :)

I did take some shots underwater and they came out fine, in fact a few of them were really good. Got to get my kids to be able to hold their breath longer though so there is more time for the bubbles to float away, but they are only 4 and 6 so it will take time. I am sure as I get used to it, I will learn how to use the various settings better to enhance my picture taking experience.

My only complaint and I know I am not the first to mention it is the battery life. I am used to getting 250+ shots and video out of the Sony with no issues (and many of the videos are well over 5min). This camera probably gets slightly above 90 day shots before the camera starts to die (and what few videos I took were all under 4min ea.)

I will post a couple of the pictures I took with this camera when I get time.

Would I buy this camera again? I would, it is a good camera for the price,and my family spends a lot of time in the water, just make sure to have another camera handy for all land shots, becuase you have to soak it 10 minutes in tap water, let it dry out before you can even begin to charge it. So there is not really a reason to buy a second battery since you cannot change it when necessary. Probably why many people have trouble with the waterproof failures.

I hope this review was helpful. Sorry I do not have a lot of technical stuff to compare and review.

UPDATE: 6/16/2013

The Camera is still doing great. I have taken great care to follow the instructions and we have not had any leaks. This camera is still waterproof. Although now I must admit that I have gotten a lot more confident and will be purchasing a spare battery to make up for the short lifespan. With summer upon us, I have been playing around by drying the camera with my beach towel, giving it about 5min in the sun, and would open and close the carmera. NO ISSUES! I am sure I can change the battery without worry. I would not attempt if we were at the beach or someplace that something could get lodged in it.

Anyway, the camera is still a great deal for the price. :)

UPDATE: 11/25/2014
The camera is still waterproof, still wish the battery lasted longer. Ended up buying 4 spares. Good thing they only run about $13/ea on Amazon right now.

Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E)
Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E)
Price: Click here to see our price

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought item for my Cannon HF200 HD Camcorder., May 15, 2011
I am not a tech geek, so I cannot comment on the speeds and performance of this flash card. However, I bought this card to work with my Cannon HF200 HD Camcorder. I read quite a few reviews but did not see this mentioned about this card, and I could not read all six hundred of them, but for the HF200 this card will not record HD video on the Camcorders two highest settings(Which is why it gets only 3 stars from me). I was mislead a little bit becuase the Camera reccomends class 6 or higher, so I thought a class 10 would handle the job. But when trying to record in the two high HD settings, the camera says that the card will not support that resolution. It works fine on the 3 lower settings and displays over 12HRS of video time in LP. So if you have a Cannon HF200 and plan on taking nothing but high end HD video, this card will probably not work for you. Anyone reading this review, can maybe suggest another card that will? I will most likely keep it as most of the video I record will be in the lower settings. HD takes a lot of memory and I do not have an HD burner. I hope this helps the people with HF200. Thanks.