Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th
Profile for Barry Smith > Reviews

Browse

Barry Smith's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Barry Smith RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Jabra Wave Corded 3.5mm Headset
Jabra Wave Corded 3.5mm Headset
Offered by ChopRetail
Price: $13.63
10 used & new from $13.19

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy it again!, February 23, 2016
Using this with my iPhone 5 and then 6, all I got was complaints from callers that they couldn't hear me clearly. That's the most important quality I look for in a headset or earpiece, so this one was pretty useless.

Audio Technica: At618 Disc Stabilizer
Audio Technica: At618 Disc Stabilizer
Offered by JAPAN PLUS
Price: $46.99
146 used & new from $32.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what the turntable needs!, February 23, 2016
It's hard to go too far wrong when all you need is a solid weight to firmly hold down your vinyl. Still, the A-T disc performs well at a price that doesn't seem inflated. I'm using it on a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable, and am quite happy with it.

2" Wide Smooth Picture Frame Size: 8" x 12", Color: Mocha Brown
2" Wide Smooth Picture Frame Size: 8" x 12", Color: Mocha Brown
Offered by Craig Frames Inc.
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good for the price, February 23, 2016
Very nice looking frame; I used it to mount a photo as a gift and was pleased with the appearance. Nothing special about the glass or low-budget hardware for holding the art, so I can't rate this any higher. But, a good-looking everyday framing solution.

OP/TECH USA 0901012 S.O.S. Strap for bags, briefcases and luggage- neoprene (Black)
Price: $23.93
94 used & new from $19.36

4.0 out of 5 stars I opted for this one and am quite pleased with it, February 23, 2016
After reading other reviewers' comparisons of various brands, I opted for this one and am quite pleased with it. It was a huge improvement over the strap on my laptop bag. The shoulder pad has a nice amount of give, and tends to stay put.

Mpow Wireless Bluetooth Headset with Mic for Smartphones - 1 Pack
Mpow Wireless Bluetooth Headset with Mic for Smartphones - 1 Pack
Offered by Patozon
Price: $22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The padded earpiece is comfortable for extended calls, February 23, 2016
I've found this to be a far more effective hands-free solution than any other earpiece. Unfortunate that it's so conspicuous, but at least everyone can hear me! The padded earpiece is comfortable for extended calls, and the metal headband is much sturdier than plastic models that I've had (and broken) in the past.

TECHO Universal Professional HD Camera Lens Kit for iPhone 6s / 6s Plus / 6 / 5s, Mobile Phone (0.45x Super Wide Angle Lens, 12.5x Super Macro Lens)
Offered by EASYBUYHERE
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $21.87

2.0 out of 5 stars Good lens, flimsy mounting, February 23, 2016
The lenses are effective with an iPhone 6 camera. I was able to capture some very nice macro images. I found the wide angle less useful, but it still takes a clear photo. The lenses have metal cases and seem to be of good quality.

Unfortunately, the glass is mated with an extremely flimsy plastic clip-on mount. Just from carrying the lenses around, I broke the tiny, thin mounting ring that holds the lens housing. (See photo) As a result, I now have a lens that I'd have to try to hold up to the iPhone's lens to take a photo - which isn't going to work.

While initially I appreciated the low price for the lens, now it seems like too much money to have wasted. Next time I'll look for a lens solution that has a sturdy mounting solution.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2016 2:21 AM PST

Cambridge - Azur 651P MM/MC Preamp (Silver)
Cambridge - Azur 651P MM/MC Preamp (Silver)
Offered by HiDEF Lifestyle
Price: $179.95
30 used & new from $161.96

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice little phono preamp, November 3, 2015
I purchased the Azur 651P to pair with a Pro-ject Debut DC Carbon turntable. I'm quite happy with the resulting sound, and the unit doesn't take up much space on the shelf. It's also nice to have the option of experimenting with either moving-magnet or moving-coil cartridges in the future.

iPhone 6s Case, roocase [Plexis] iPhone 6s Slim Fit Ultra Clear Back PC / TPU Skin Case Cover for Apple iPhone 6 / 6s (2015), Black
Offered by Gizmo Dorks
Price: $6.98
3 used & new from $6.98

4.0 out of 5 stars I ordered this case based on how much I'd like the rooCase for my iPhone 5s, October 31, 2015
Update: rooCase support was kind enough to let me know that the case is shipped with a very thin film covering the back, which accounts for the scratched appearance. Having removed the film, I'm much happier with the case.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I ordered this case based on how much I'd like the rooCase for my iPhone 5s. I'm disappointed in the Plexis, mostly because of the appearance of the semi-transparent back. The plastic isn't very clear, it just looks smudged and scratched even fresh out of the case. In fact, I returned the first one I received because I thought it was used. But the replacement looks just the same.

If you don't really care about the aesthetics of the back, the case is good in that it's thin and provides good protection around the edge.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2015 10:40 PM PST

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 2 TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive STAC2000101 (Black)
Offered by sheuser
Price: $199.80
8 used & new from $80.00

1.0 out of 5 stars No, really - DO NOT buy this product, October 13, 2015
In case it isn't abundantly clear already, I wanted to add my voice to the chorus urging you to steer clear of this product. In many years of buying computer hardware, this is the worst storage device I've ever purchased. Not only does it fail, it's actually a fire hazard.

The first unit I bought failed within the first 90 days. It was replaced with a "refurbished" unit after only moderate hassle (plus shipping costs). The replacement unit worked for perhaps a year. This week, though, the 2nd unit failed in most spectacular fashion - it literally went up in smoke! I'd unplugged the power supply to move the drive, then plugged it back in. A moment later I smelled burning plastic...and saw smoke rising behind my PC. It was the power connector plugged into the Seagate, melting down! Now the power plug is in pieces (see photo), the receptacle in the drive has been melted, and I'm wondering how to erase the drive now that it's a doorstop.
Comment Comment | Permalink

NowAdvisor®Q5 CREE 240 Lumen LED Bike Bicycle Headlight Torch
NowAdvisor®Q5 CREE 240 Lumen LED Bike Bicycle Headlight Torch
Offered by Smileto
Price: $6.55
11 used & new from $6.55

1.0 out of 5 stars Even at a low price, it's not worth it., March 16, 2014
My first try at buying a bike headlight, I figured I'd try this as a low-budget option. Not a good choice.

It's not bright enough to be effective at night, it's only a daytime attention-getter. My first ride with it, it rattled incessantly for the first hour - then the cover lens fell out, which at least quieted the noise. But the mount kept slipping, so I'd have to reposition the light constantly.

I've thrown this out and bought a *real* bike light.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3