Profile for E. Willoughby > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Willoughby RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Sufficiently Advanced Technology (Inverse Shadows Book 1)
Sufficiently Advanced Technology (Inverse Shadows Book 1)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, September 28, 2013
Great imagination and a cohesive read with minimal need for suspension of disbelief. Well done! Looking forward to the next book in the series.

WearEver C944S564 Pure Living Nonstick Scratch Resistant Ceramic Coating PTFE-Free and PFOA-Free Dishwasher Safe 5-Piece Cookware Set, Champagne Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Pans!, December 26, 2012
Received these for Christmas, I have had several top brands cookware which the coating has chiped away, but the wearever are the Best pans I have ever had!!! No sticking, cooks even, love it..

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G3 16 MP Micro Four-Thirds Interchangeable Lens Camera with 3-Inch Free-Angle Touch-Screen LCD and 14-42mm Lumix G VARIO f/3.5-5.6 Lens
Offered by 6ave
Price: $349.95
15 used & new from $314.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, I can't say enough, September 8, 2012
Well, the G5 is out and the G3 will soon be gone. Posting a review of the G3 now that the G5 is out probably seems pretty pointless. So why am I bothering? Because the G3 is still available and has almost all the features of the G5. In fact, they're virtually identical. As I write this, the kit price of the G3 is down to $499, $300 less than the G5... Get a G3 while you can and you won't be sorry!!

Either way you go, G3 or G5, the camera is such a treat. I got the 45-200mm lens to compliment the kit lens and I've had great fun with it. We're now thinking of vacations in terms of photo tours, and with tools like Ligntroom 4 or Photoshop Elements 10, you can spend hours creatively putting together journals of memories with photo quality that is fantastic.

I'd recommend a couple of inexpensive extras. First, macro extension tubes for extreme close-ups. About $12. Also get a UV filter mostly to protect the lens, and a circular polarizing filter. And extra batteries. The battery life is pretty slim between charges. I ordered the Wasabi set with 2 batteries and a charger for about 30 bucks. Works perfectly. Finally, get a decent camera bag (I personally prefer a sling-type).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2012 1:24 PM PDT

Panasonic DMC-G5KK 16 MP Compact System Camera with 14-42mm Zoom Lens and 3-Inch LCD (Black)
Offered by 33 Street Camera
Price: $449.00
18 used & new from $235.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't forget about the G3 for now!, September 8, 2012
I have a G3 and love it. The G5 is very similar and appears to be an evolutionary model. The reviews I've read of the G5 sound very interesting, especially the enhanced resolution of the LCD display. Panasonic has done a great job in their MFT line. However, just for thought, the G3 is still available and has almost all the features of the G5. The last time I looked the kit price was down to $499 for the G3, $300 less than the G5... That would cover the price of a lot of accessories. Definitely worth considering while it lasts!

Either way you go, G3 or G5, especially if you're coming from a PAS, the camera is such a treat. I got the 45-200mm lens to compliment the kit lens and I've had great fun with it. We're now thinking of vacations in terms of photo tours, and with tools like Lightroom 4 or Photoshop Elements 10, you can spend hours creatively putting together journals of memories with photo quality that is fantastic. Take a look at an HDR package like Picturenaut (free) or Photomatix ($99 list), too.

I'd recommend a couple of inexpensive extras. First, macro extension tubes for extreme close-ups. About $12 from Fotodiox. Fun stuff. Also get a 52mm UV filter mostly to protect the lens, and a circular polarizing filter. And extra batteries. The battery life is pretty slim between charges. I ordered the Wasabi set with 2 batteries and a charger for the G3 for about 30 bucks. I'm sure there will be aftermarket batteries for the G5, too. Finally, get a decent camera bag (I personally prefer a sling-type).

Happy shooting!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2012 11:23 AM PST

Fotodiox Macro Extension Tube Set for Extreme Close-up for Micro Four Thirds Cameras
Price: $13.63
2 used & new from $7.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun product, June 30, 2012
I'm definitely pleased. It's easy to use and works particularly well with a 45-200 zoom lens on my Lumix G3.I've had it a couple of days and have been wandering all over the house, garden and woods looking things to shoot. Fun stuff.

You're on your own with focusing, but it's really not a hassle. The pics are worth it. Ideally you'll use a tripod or at least a monopod. If hand-holding you'll want to shoot in burst mode as the depth of field is very shallow so it's easy to miss your ideal focus with a single shot.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2012 11:03 AM PDT

Case Logic SLRC-205 SLR Camera Sling (Black)
Case Logic SLRC-205 SLR Camera Sling (Black)
Price: $40.27
29 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, June 18, 2012
Went to a conference all week last week and I was seldom without my camera and this bag. Loved it. Comfortable, easily adjustable. For what I do as an amateur, this is great.

I carry the camera (Lumix G3), one extra lens, some filters, a cleaning pen, reading glasses, 2 extra batteries, and hdmi and usb cables, and it doesn't have much more room. But that's all I need. If your needs are beyond that, then you'll probably be happier with a different bag.

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Panasonic DMW-BLD10, DMW-BLD10E, DMW-BLD10PP, DE-A93B and Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, DMC-GF2, DMC-GX1
Offered by Blue Nook
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, June 18, 2012
I just spent a week at a conference taking hundreds of pics with my Lumix G3 and these batteries. I'm completely satisfied. The battery life is at least as good as the Panasonic battery and the charger has a better light scheme than the OE charger (red while charging, green when done).

I didn't think the camera's battery meter worked with these batteries at first, but apparently I just hadn't taken enough pics without recharging or swapping batteries to give them a chance to run down enough. Today for the first time the meter is down to 2 bars.

This is an economical, transparent replacement for the outrageously priced OE battery.

Enjoy Sudoku
Enjoy Sudoku
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Revised!!!, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Enjoy Sudoku (App)
The first time I reviewed this app, I thought it was not creating valid puzzles. Decided I had to be doing something wrong after seeing all the favorable reviews, and I was! This game is well done and works like a charm if you pay even casual attention to the way it is designed to work. Doh!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2011 6:58 AM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Astor Folding Laundry Helper, March 31, 2011
This is a wonderful product. We travel alot and I was getting pretty tired trying to fold dress shirts. When I received the Astor Folding Helper I was amazed! It was so easy and fast. Now I even have room left over in the suitcase. Buy it! It's Great.

Panasonic ES8101S Pro-Curve Linear Wet/Dry shaver with Nano Technology Blades, Silver
Offered by super online bargains
Price: $122.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, July 9, 2008
I use it in the shower with soap instead of shaving cream, and it works surprisingly well. Holds a charge for at least a week. Owned it since Father's day and so far I'm very pleased.

Page: 1 | 2