Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for John > Reviews

Browse

John's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John RSS Feed (USA)

Capzasin Arthritis Pain Relief, 1 Fluid Ounces (Pack of 2)
Capzasin Arthritis Pain Relief, 1 Fluid Ounces (Pack of 2)
Offered by Product Resort
Price: $16.73
11 used & new from $15.80

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, April 10, 2016
Using capzasin hurts worse than the neuropathy!

Eileen West Rosebud Chambray Ballet Wrap Robe (5915830) L/XL/Solid Charcoal
Eileen West Rosebud Chambray Ballet Wrap Robe (5915830) L/XL/Solid Charcoal

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 12, 2015
My wife described as very nice.

Zebra SL-F1 Mini Ballpoint Pen, 0.7 mm, Black Ink (BA55-BK)
Zebra SL-F1 Mini Ballpoint Pen, 0.7 mm, Black Ink (BA55-BK)
Offered by Nex-Inc.Japan
Price: $5.19
56 used & new from $5.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 12, 2015
Absolutely perfect for what I want. Well engineered!

I/M 1/4" Coupler 1/4" NPT (Female)
I/M 1/4" Coupler 1/4" NPT (Female)

5.0 out of 5 stars So a brass coupler is much better. Arrived early, November 23, 2014
Worked as advertised. Had to take off the old coupler to make this one work. The previous coupler was plastic and came apart in my hands when I was putting air in the truck. So a brass coupler is much better. Arrived early! One less thing to worry about.

Praying in the Presence of Our Lord with Dorothy Day
Praying in the Presence of Our Lord with Dorothy Day
by Dorothy Day
25 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book; terrible picture, September 25, 2013
Dorothy Day is indeed a saint and deserves to be recognized for living her faith. She practiced the corporeal works and spiritual works of mercy while living a life of voluntary poverty. It's a wonderful book with excerpts taken from the Catholic Worker paper which she and Peter Maurin started. So I would rate the book high in terms of its content. However, the picture of her on the cover is absolutely "terrible". It looks nothing like Day and does not capture the fierce passion and ardor which characterized her life. It makes her look "simpy", if that's a word. I bought it in spite of the picture.

Winegard FreeVision FV-30BB HDTV Antenna
Winegard FreeVision FV-30BB HDTV Antenna
Price: $35.42
41 used & new from $26.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Winegard FreeVision FV-30BB OTA, August 14, 2013
I'm using this as an indoor antenna. It works! I had the Mohu Leaf OTA and could not pick up the local PBS station which is within 20 miles of my house. Using the Mohu Leaf design I had good reception of CBS, and ABC channels, again within 20 miles. Had problems with FOX and NBC channels which is surprising since all of the networks towers are very close to each other and within 20 miles of my house, in a south east direction. I assembled the Winegard in approx. 30 minutes. It would have been faster but there was no part lists/illustration. Perhaps others didn't need it but I did. So I installed the OTA, laid it on top of the tv cabinet and oriented in a south east direction and got all of the channels, including PBS. So in my case the Winegard product worked much better than the Mohu, but I'm sure performance will vary by your location as both indoor OTA's are affected by weather. Of course the Winegard is not as attractive as the Mohu, but in my case it's performance that counts.

Entertaining Angels: The Dorothy Day Story
Entertaining Angels: The Dorothy Day Story
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not the Dorothy Day Story..., February 18, 2013
If you want to know the real Dorothy Day and Peter Maurin then read their books: Duty of Delight, The Long Loneliness or Loaves and Fishes, etc. You will see that the characters in the movie in no way reflect their lives. Most of the story is dramatized fiction and is not consistent with their biographies. Quite frankly I turned it off after 45 minutes. Perhaps good theater but it did little justice to the contributions made by Day, Maurin and the Catholic Worker movement. I was deeply disappointed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2013 6:27 AM PDT

Elgin Travel Alarm Clock
Elgin Travel Alarm Clock
Offered by toolboxsupply
Price: $11.49
2 used & new from $11.49

1.0 out of 5 stars It last four months., July 17, 2011
This review is from: Elgin Travel Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
I ordered this clock in April. It stopped working correctly in July. I expected more. The clock face (actual time) became unreadable. The numbers dimmed to the point that they were unreadable. I tried to change the batteries but NO JOY.

Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch
Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch
Offered by DirectWatchGroup
Price: $9.94
52 used & new from $5.75

1.0 out of 5 stars It arrived with a dead battery., July 1, 2011
I opened the box when it arrived and discovered the battery was dead. I called their technical department and learned there was no easy fix. The technician wanted to connect me with the replacement parts department. I decided to send it back. For $10.00 I didn't expect much. I got what I expected. I had hoped it would work at least until I got my regular watch to the shop for a new battery.

ps... the technical department telephone number in their brochure is wrong.