Profile for William T. Casper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 75

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

William T. Casper RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Woodland Scenics N Ike's Ice Cream Truck WOOAS5338
Woodland Scenics N Ike's Ice Cream Truck WOOAS5338
Offered by MyQuickMart
Price: $16.29
16 used & new from $13.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Finely Detailed Model (NOT A TOY), January 27, 2015
Woodland Scenics has done it again. This brilliantly detailed ice cream truck scene is complete down to the cracked peanuts on the Nutty Buddy cone [and in N scale where 1" = 13' 4"]. Under magnification you can read the price for a Good Humor Bar. Ignore the low ratings you see. They are written by people who wanted a toy for their kids. This is not a toy. This is a finely detailed scene for model railroad layouts. You can't beat Woodland Scenics

Athearn - Trainpak Power Pack
Athearn - Trainpak Power Pack
Offered by Best Service Stores
Price: $49.22

4.0 out of 5 stars All y0u need at a reasonable price, December 16, 2014
This compact transformer/controller from Athearn is all a DC model railroader needs at a very reasonable price. I especially like that the DC/AC hook-ups are on the side instead of on the back. Its power switch works perfectly as a kill switch. Light indicators display green when there are no shorts and red when there are. I cannot give it five stars because the power output does not meet its own specifications. Athearn claims a maximum variable DC output of 16 volts but mine only delivers 15.25 volts. Still, this is eminently sufficient for running two or even three N Scale locomotives at the same time at an N Scale speed of 55 mph. Additionally, Ahtearn claims an AC output of 19 volts, but mine only delivers 18.3. Still, this is sufficient for operating my N Scale turnout motors. I cannot speak to HO Scale. NOTE: It is important to know the exact AC output of your transformer if you are connecting it to circuit boards to run Auto Reverse or Crossing lights and such. Most require less than 18 volts. Read your manuals.

Hakko CHP CSP-30-1 Wire Stripper, 30-20 Gauge Maximum Cutting Capacity
Hakko CHP CSP-30-1 Wire Stripper, 30-20 Gauge Maximum Cutting Capacity
Price: $10.07
2 used & new from $10.07

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as you can get at a terrific price, December 1, 2014
This 20 to 30 AWG strippers are every bit as good as the Greenlee I have been using the past 10 years. I get clean cuts on 30 gauge insulated wire with ease--no bending or twisting. It comes with a locking device to protect the cutting edges. I have read other reviews complaining that the embossed gauges are hard to see. I fixed that by brushing some white acrylic paint over the gauges, then immediately wiped it away with a wet paper towel. This will leave paint in the embossed markings making them simple to read.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Black & Decker BDCMTTS Matrix Trim Saw Attachment
Black & Decker BDCMTTS Matrix Trim Saw Attachment
Price: $29.99
63 used & new from $20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with the Matrix power tool but..., November 23, 2014
This trim saw works as advertised. I only paid $19.97 for it from Amazon and that is a very low price. Because the guide line directs the blade to the middle of the cut line, you can easily adjust to cut on one side of the line or the other for more precise cuts. The only reason I can't give this attachment five stars is the lack of finer cutting blades. In fact, there are no replacement blades available. I have ordered at 50 tooth 3 3/8" fine cut Makita blade for $12.37 from Amazon. I'm sure it will fit. I will update if it does not.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2014 4:01 PM PST

Large 1/2 lb Sal Ammoniac Tinning Block
Large 1/2 lb Sal Ammoniac Tinning Block
Offered by Verdugo Gift Company
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An End To Soldering Headaches, October 11, 2014
I saw this tinning block on YouTube. It is fantastic. No soldering should be done without it. Soldering 30 gauge wire is a snap when your soldering tip is pre-coated. NOTE: Avoid the fumes. I use mine in a bathroom with the vent fan on. That works well. The bigger the tip you're using, the more fumes will be generated. Follow the simple directions on the box to make soldering easy.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars When You Can't Use Under-The-Table Motors, September 16, 2014
The Peco side mounted turnout motor is just the thing when you can't use the PL-10 under the table motor. I have 2 Peco turnouts above a tunnel and cannot use the standard PL-10 because it would block the tunnel. The Side mounted PL-11 is the nearly perfect solution. It will be necessary to camouflage the motor, but that is a trivial problem. This motor works with both HO and N scale layouts. The PL-10 and PL-11 are the only turnout motors that will work with Peco turnouts because of the spring tension in Peco's product.

A New Leaf
A New Leaf
DVD ~ Walter Matthau
Offered by Blue Moon Discounts
Price: $14.15
28 used & new from $12.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Movie Ever, September 3, 2014
This review is from: A New Leaf (DVD)
The best movie Walter Matthau ever made. I absolutely fell in love with Elaine May who wrote and directed. A brilliant supporting cast including a young, hot Doris Roberts.

Baleaf Men's Fashion Gradient Color Swimwear Black Size XL
Baleaf Men's Fashion Gradient Color Swimwear Black Size XL
Offered by Baleaf Sports
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really stretches, September 3, 2014
I was surprised at how small the suit was when I removed it from the package. I am 5' 10" and weigh 235 lbs. with a 40" waist. It stretched to fit perfectly without being tight. The reason I like it so much is that it is the only swim suit I have ever worn that completely covers my rear end. All others are low slung and must be constantly tugged at to keep cleavage from showing. Being stretched so thin, it wore out quickly. I swim a mile twice a week. I got only two years from this suit. I did, however, buy another one so it gets 5 stars.

Dremel 4485 Quick Change Collet Nut Kit
Dremel 4485 Quick Change Collet Nut Kit
Price: Click here to see our price
78 used & new from $4.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A must if you use small drill bits, September 3, 2014
If your Dremel doesn't have an adjustable collet, you will need this kit for small drill bits. I use very tiny bits on my N-scale model railroad layout. The small collet holds them much better than the adjustable collet.

Dremel 8220-1/28 12-Volt Max Cordless Rotary Tool
Dremel 8220-1/28 12-Volt Max Cordless Rotary Tool
Price: $99.00
14 used & new from $74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No more extension cords, September 3, 2014
The lithium ion battery will last me all day on my new model railroad layout. It frees me from the electrical outlets and the extension cords that I trip on constantly. The battery has never depleted--even when I spent 10 plus hours on my layout (not constant usage). Because it's lithium ion, I simply recharge after every usage. There is a battery charge indicator on the body. It is three lights that come on when in use. One light left means the charge is low. I have never been that low. NOTE: This model does not have an adjustable collet. It comes with the proper collet for its various tools. If you want to use small drill bits like I do, you must also purchase a set of collets in various sizes which are available on Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8