Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 79

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Joy For All Orange Tabby Cat
Joy For All Orange Tabby Cat
Price: $99.99
6 used & new from $92.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for ages 35-40 too ;), July 8, 2016
Got this for myself (I am 36, male, and live alone) and I'm not ashamed to admit that I have fallen uncontrollably in love with it :) The right brain knows its a robot, but the left brain is sufficiently fooled, and it's almost as comforting as owning a real cat. My blood pressure has definitely dropped. I find myself moving it from my bedroom to the living room as I go about my day... I keep it on my desk while I work... occasionally it meows at me to get some attention. Brilliant! Very soft and realistic fur too. Definitely most of the good aspects of cat ownership without any of the headaches. I might even get two - one for the bedroom, one for the living room!

My two suggestions for the next version:

* Although it's convenient to be able to mute the meows using the switch underneath, it would be nice to be able to adjust the volume too, because it's a little on the loud side. Also, when muted, the meows are silent but purrs still come out of the speaker... it would be nice for the purrs to be muted too, keeping the vibration though since that's quiet.

* It sometimes goes to sleep with its eyes open, which is a bit creepy :)

Quest Nutrition MCT Powder Oil, 16 Ounce
Quest Nutrition MCT Powder Oil, 16 Ounce
Offered by HerbsPro
Price: $24.21
5 used & new from $24.21

2.0 out of 5 stars Convenient for travel but upsets my stomach, June 29, 2016
Certainly very convenient for travel but this upsets my stomach way more than regular MCT oil does when I take an equivalent dose (I'm comparing 14g pure MCT oil against 18g powder, which should be equivalent judging from the fat content of this product which is 7g per 9g powder). At least for me, Quest's claim that this is easier on the stomach does not seem to be at all true, at least when frothed with milk in my coffee which is how I usually take it. I'd rather carry a small glass bottle of MCT oil with a built-in pipette on my vacations than take this stuff.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2016 9:12 AM PDT

YI Technology Camera 87002 (Official U.S. Edition) Wireless, IP/Network Surveillance, 720p HD, Night Vision, Motion Detection & Alerts-Black
Offered by YI Technology
Price: $44.99
2 used & new from $44.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Great camera but incompatible with Blue Iris. Evil company., June 4, 2016
This probably used to be a great camera - nice resolution, great field of view, completely invisible 940nm infra-red LEDs which are still surprisingly effective for night vision, nice software, compact design with a stand that can be removed to make the camera even smaller. But I can no longer recommend it. I'm taking one star off for each of these flaws:

* The firmware no longer supports RTSP, HTTP, FTP, and other methods to access the camera outside of YI's own app. If you want to use this IP camera for Blue Iris or other security camera software, you're out of luck, unless you are willing to go through the hassle of installing a hacked version of the firmware (e.g. search for fritz-smh yi-hack on github).

* The terms of service now give YI permission to use YOUR cloud footage for THEIR purposes without asking first. There is no way to disable the cloud features other than installing custom firmware.

* The cable supplied with the black camera is a very contrasting white color, which makes it harder to hide the camera.

I'd give the camera 5 stars if they fixed these issues.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2016 10:49 AM PDT

Enhanced Zinc Life Extension 30 Lozenge
Enhanced Zinc Life Extension 30 Lozenge
Offered by Pros Station
Price: $6.85
18 used & new from $6.85

5.0 out of 5 stars These actually do work - really, May 18, 2016
These do actually seem to work quite well at reducing the duration of colds. I just had a bad cold that would normally have lasted probably 10 days or so. I started taking these lozenges every 2 hours beginning with day 3 of the cold, and it's now day 7 and my cold has completely gone. They have a nice mint flavor and I genuinely looked forward to having one every couple of hours. I'm going to continue to have one a day to get my daily zinc supplement dosage and to help prevent colds in future.

Life Extension Vitamin B3 Niacin 500 Mg  100 capsules
Life Extension Vitamin B3 Niacin 500 Mg 100 capsules
Price: $5.74
16 used & new from $5.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't worry, you are not going into anaphylactic shock!, April 4, 2016
Thank goodness for all the reviews describing the flushing reaction! I took one of these along with six other supplements I'm adding to my daily regimen, and within 10 minutes, my entire upper body turned bright red. I was about getting ready to call 911 and go to the emergency room for a shot from an epipen when I found the reviews and realized it was just a "normal" reaction to taking such a high dose of niacin for the first time.

A lower dose might be more appropriate for first time users. These are caps containing powder, so it would be possible to split them to reduce the dosage, and you really can't complain about the price. Just be warned, the flushing reaction is quite alarming if you aren't prepared for it!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Danger: contaminated with arsenic and lead, April 3, 2016
This product was tested by LabDoor and received a D grade because it is contaminated with arsenic and lead, and contains twice as much magnesium as stated on the label. Sadly I found this out only after taking it for several months - too late to get a refund. I poured it down the drain.

[...]
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2016 12:15 PM PDT

Mauna Loa Macadamias, Dry Roasted with Sea Salt, 4.5 Ounce Container
Mauna Loa Macadamias, Dry Roasted with Sea Salt, 4.5 Ounce Container
Price: $4.98
15 used & new from $3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Best macadamia nuts on the planet, November 21, 2015
Delicious macadamia nuts! Amazing aroma, taste, texture, freshness, and price.

Reese Skinless and Boneless Sardines in Water,Low Sodium,  4.375-Ounce Cans (Pack of 10)
Reese Skinless and Boneless Sardines in Water,Low Sodium, 4.375-Ounce Cans (Pack of 10)
Price: $18.82
12 used & new from $18.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistently excellent, November 16, 2015
I've been eating these sardines for about 5 years now - I've opened over 500 cans! They are fantastic quality, very consistent from can to can, always delicious, and super healthy.

Disposable Breath Ketone Test - Ketosis Analyzer for Fat Burning, Diets & Weight Loss - No Testing Strips & No Blood or Urine Samples Required - Best Easy-to-Use Ketogenic Monitor by METRON - 10 Pack
Offered by Instanatural LLC
Price: $49.95

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but it's time consuming and not digital - blood ketone meters are better, November 15, 2015
Pros:
* Instructions are clear.
* Results are accurate and compare well to blood ketones (for me, seems to be: negative/yellow if blood ketones are less than 2.0mmol; otherwise positive/pink).
* Doesn't involve piercing your skin.

Cons:
* Difficult to interpret. Sometimes you'll get a patchwork quilt of pink and yellow. Sometimes it'll be a darkish shade of yellow that almost could be pink, but you're really not sure.
* The result is not digital or quantitative in any way.
* Expensive - almost as expensive as blood ketone test strips.
* Time consuming - takes 3 minutes to do the test, plus another 1-2 minutes prep and cleanup.
* Be careful not to pass out during the long (30 second) hard exhale. You really do have to blow hard, the tube provides a lot of resistance to the flow of the air.

Conclusion:

Useful, but you're probably better off just getting a blood ketone meter. It's more accurate, it's faster, you get a quantitative result, and it's about the same price. If you're afraid of the lancing devices, get some topical lidocaine (e.g. http://amzn.to/1RXGwW3) and some skin refrigerant (e.g. http://amzn.to/1OMwSaV) and spray them on your fingertip before pressing the lance button - it makes the process almost completely painless, and it takes less than 2 minutes start to finish.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Precision Xtra, November 12, 2015
Works great with the Precision Xtra meter. Nicely packaged. Great product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8