Profile for Jay Mcmickle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jay Mcmickle RSS Feed (Houston, TX.)

BébéSounds Flat Panel Color Video and Sound Monitor
BébéSounds Flat Panel Color Video and Sound Monitor

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't purchase if you will use more than 30ft away!, November 2, 2009
We are sending this back tomorrow. We purchased the Uniden wireless camera for $40 less, and it's much better. The video had white lines going through the display, popping audio, and would loose it's signal every once and a while. This device is plain unaccepable.

At first, I thought that this device was as it good as it was going to get. WRONG. This is the worst it gets. Once we purchased and installed the Uniden 2.4Ghz set ($139 Sam's Club, or $169 Amazon), I saw that I was dealing with something that could be better.

Uniden UDW10003 Wireless Video Surveillance Portable Security System
Uniden UDW10003 Wireless Video Surveillance Portable Security System
3 used & new from $198.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, audio, and flexibility!, November 2, 2009
I bought this set today to replace our Graco baby audio/video monitor. It's wireless and displays zero interference through 3 walls and 100ft. The base is rechargable and portable. You can zoom in and pan on an object. The night vision works great, and we are already looking for a second camera to add to it for our upstairs room (you can add another 3 devices, total).

I will recommend as well as, give these as baby gifts! I am a techie, as well as, work as a technical lead in the IT department. Please use my comments to your advantage and prioritize this to the top! No longer will I trust "baby" products!

Monsters, Inc. (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
Monsters, Inc. (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
DVD ~ Billy Crystal
17 used & new from $0.62

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 1/2 yr old Daugter loves it!, June 29, 2009
We were hesitant because we didn't want the "Monsters" to be scary to her. It actually helped her overcome this fear and understand that monsters are nice and not scary! This is her favorite movie!

Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat - Ashburn
Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat - Ashburn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great carseat- would recommend!, May 29, 2009
We have two of these; one in each car. I like that this has the 3rd strap near the back of the head to anchor into the back of my wife's SUV seat. I like that this is adjustable at the shoulder level, and not just the 3 or 4 preset adjustments that other kid seats have. We chose this seat based upon consumer reports, and they were correct. It's a great seat, easy to clean, study, stylish, and with plenty of adjustments. It can be used front or rear facing, so this helps us because we can re-use it with our 2nd child.

iHome iH85 Bike-to-Beach Speaker System for iPod (Black)
iHome iH85 Bike-to-Beach Speaker System for iPod (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Need music while riding your bike? This is the one..., April 27, 2009
I purchased this product, despite some of the reviews. I rode in the MS150 from Houston to Austin, TX. (180 miles). My team and I loved it! The ride was about 12 hours. My IPOD 2GB Nano lasted, and so did the iHome to Go player.

Mounting was a bit tricky as my 1st bottle cage was near the mounting area for the iHome bracket. I removed the spacers that my 2nd bottle cage had on the top so that the iHome bracket wouldn't interfere. I was able to still use bottle 1 and the iHome together, eventhough they were very close together. I had to buy another bottle holder being that the ride was long and one bottle wasn't going to cut it.

The iHome runs on AA batteries, but I don't believe that the charger included charges the unit; only the IPod. Otherwise, they would recommend rechargable batteries or warn you about the AC adapter.

Volume was great. I could control the music and volume from the handle bar wireless remote included. This allowed me to listen to the music I wanted at the level I wanted to do depending on who was around me at the time.

This device was snug and secure in the cage it comes in. It comes with a cap that covers the speaker when not in use so that you don't get water, sweat, etc. in the speak hole on top.

I rode without ever loosing connection to the IPod. I saw some reviews that were skeptical about the Ipod being upside down. It never bumped out of connection or ever gave me any troubles. I have used this on many training rides and would definately recommend it for bike riding!

Jay M.