Profile for Judy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 128

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Judy RSS Feed (Matawan NJ)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Silver Forest Hummingbird Necklace
Silver Forest Hummingbird Necklace
Offered by Bealls Florida
Price: $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY ATTRACTIVE, September 5, 2013
My 9-year-old granddaughter wanted to bake a Hummingbird Cake with me. We had so much fun doing it that I wanted to give her a hummingbird necklace as a remembrance of our day together. I looked at a lot of hummingbird necklaces before I chose this one, and I definitely made the right choice.

The chain is not of super quality, but it does come with a chain that hangs nicely around my granddaughter's neck. Plenty of room, not too small. As for the hummingbird itself, it is both pretty and cute. The little blue and silver-colored bird rests against an alabaster looking disk, and that in turn rests against a metallic piece a little longer than the disk. So you have three loose pieces, resting one on top of the other, and they move like 3 charms on the chain. Very attractive combination all together.

My granddaughter loves her necklace and wears it often. I am sure it is not sterling silver, but I think it will last a long time. It was perfect for her.

Collections Etc - Toad House Cottage
Collections Etc - Toad House Cottage

2.0 out of 5 stars TOO SMALL ON TOP FOR MY PLANT, June 14, 2013
I really was looking forward to setting my potted plant on the top of this toad house. I measured the bottom of my plant's pot, and it was 5 inches in diameter. The toad house was described as over 8 inches, so I thought I was good. The plant that is shown sitting on top in the photo must be really tiny, because it shows it nice and full, with a lot of space around it. My plant, on the other hand, was much too large for the house and did not fit. The 8 plus inches that the house measures is obviously the bottom of the house measurement.

The door does not close. And the top of mine does not lift off as the description says. These would not have been a problem for me, but I really wanted it for my plant. It is cute, however, and if you just want if for a garden or yard decoration, then you might be happy with this.

The toad, by the way, is not included in the purchase. Too bad, as that would have been a plus.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 2:02 PM PDT

AO Smith XGV-40 Residential Natural Gas Water Heater
AO Smith XGV-40 Residential Natural Gas Water Heater
Price: $847.58

2.0 out of 5 stars IGNITOR FAILED AFTER 6 1/2 YEARS, May 16, 2013
Our water heater worked fine until 6 months after the warranty had expired. Suddenly the pilot light was going out, and the third time, we were unable to re-light it. The plumber who came said all of the A.O. Smith gas water heaters have this same problem.

According to the plumber, soot and dirt collect inside around the part and have to be vacuumed out every 2 years or so. We were not told this, and nowhere in the manual does it say this. If this is not done, the ignitor fails after 6 years or so - amazingly just past the warranty date! He says he always carries a replacement part in his truck, knowing this is common to A.O. Smith, and when he uses the part, he orders another to carry in his truck.

The plumber also has a special long vacuum attachment that he brought in to clean out the dirt that had accummulated in the water heater. I asked him where he got it, and he said he ordered it from A.O. Smith especially for their water heaters. Apparently not only do the water heaters need to be vacuumed out every 2 years, but a plumber has to be called in to do the servicing. Again, none of this is mentioned in the water heater manual.

UPDATE: After 17 months, the igniter has failed again. Now that the water heater is 8 years old, it may be better to just replace the unit. I know we will not be buying this brand again.

Tweety in Water Fountain Figurine
Tweety in Water Fountain Figurine
Offered by Michael's Miniatures & Musicals
Price: $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars CUTE, BUT DOES NOT ROTATE, May 10, 2013
I thought some considering this purchase might want to know that Tweety does not rotate when the music plays. He is really cute sitting atop the water spraying into the air, and the music is pretty. However, the music box winds with a key, and the key unwinds as the music plays. Tweety stays in a statonary position, just a musical figurine. I might not have bought this if I had realized this.

That said, I bought it as a gift for my married daughter, and she loves it. The seller, fortunately, was very accommodating as the first Tweety arrived with a broken foot. The seller sent a replacement right away and inspected it thoroughly before shipping. I happened to mention this to a friend of mine, and she had the same problem, but with a different seller / shipper. Her Tweety also arrived with a broken foot. Her purchase was not through Amazon, however, and she had a lot of difficulty getting a replacement. I say this just to point out that a broken foot might not be all uncommon to these figures, and if you are thinking of purchasing one, you should probably do it through an Amazon seller as a precaution.

All of that said, Tweety really is adorable. I glued on the broken foot of the one the seller let me keep and set him in our bathroom. I really don't play the music there, but he looks cute when I see him and he makes me smile.

Breyer Vintage Western Pony
Breyer Vintage Western Pony
Offered by Little Harbor Gifts
Price: $35.99
13 used & new from $29.68

5.0 out of 5 stars A RETRO BEAUTY, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Breyer Vintage Western Pony (Toy)
Actually a little smaller than the dimensions given, this is not one of the larger Breyer horses. But, then, he is a pony. And what a beauty! This pony, styled after one made in the 1950's, may not have the characteristic face and defined muscular structure of the modern Breyer horses, but with his lovely coloring and high gloss finish, he makes a statement as he takes his place among the other horses in my husband's collection.

Although I had to rate this pony as a toy, I don't think he was meant to be a toy, durable or othrewise. He is a collector's item. Because he is made of lightweight plastic, true to his 1950's heritage, he probably would not stand up to a lot of play. He does, however, look like he would be right at home in the West with a cowboy sitting in his saddle. And who knows? He just might enjoy the attention a young admirer would gently bestow upon him.

As another reviewer mentioned, the saddle just sits atop the pony. It does not attach to his back. My husband has no problem with this, but it was nice to know, thanks to that reviewer.

The box states that this pony is a limited edition retro issue. I hope a lot of Breyer fans will have the opportunity to check him out before he is gone. He is worth it.

Happy Birthday & Balloons Pick (2 Count) - Pastel Colors
Happy Birthday & Balloons Pick (2 Count) - Pastel Colors
Offered by Party N Beyond
Price: $1.45

5.0 out of 5 stars HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAKE TOPPER, April 25, 2013
This item (package of 2) is pretty much as described. A cheery, plastic cake topper. It is almost impossible to find a generic reusable cake topper, even in party stores. I know, because I have been searching. Even with shipping charges, the price is reasonable for something hard to find. I am happy to finally have a birthday cake topper.

Update: I found that if I broke the stick part off of one of the toppers, I could place it flat on a cake as another kind of decoration. This worked well for me, too.

China Glaze Nail Polish, Emotion, 0.5 Fluid Ounce
China Glaze Nail Polish, Emotion, 0.5 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Beauty Shine
Price: $9.25
4 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE COAT AND DONE, April 13, 2013
I bought this first for the name - China Glaze - because I have another of their products and love it. Then I bought it for the color, and was not disappointed on either count. One coat was all I needed. It went on creamy and smooth. I let it dry, and I was done. I have worn it for a week now, and other than needing a little normal touch up, it has worn beautifully. And the color? It looks just like the picture here on Amazon, so I am very happy.

First Alert 2092DF Waterproof 1-Hour Fire Safe with Digital Lock, 1.3 Cubic Feet, Gray
Price: $186.59
39 used & new from $162.33

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR PEARLS, April 13, 2013
We just received our safe so I can't comment yet about moisture, etc. However, I wanted to let others know that besides guns, the booklet says pearls cannot be stored in the safe. The safe arrived with a 5-inch silica packet inside, so it delinitely looks like there will be a moisture issue as some reviewers have noted. Also I did not realize papers, jewelry, currency, and -to quote the warning label on the outside of the safe - other delicate items - would have to be stored in an airtight dishwasher safe container inside the safe. Now I am seaching for the ideal container to keep documents in! Still, it is a good size safe and was a good price here on Amazon, so we are happy we purchased it.

Update: The Rubbermaid 21-cup dry food container fits nicely in the safe and will tightly store papers. It does open from the top, but that does not matter as far as storing papers. It was important to find something that fit the safe, and I did a lot of searching. If interested, this is the item, available here on Amazon: Rubbermaid FG7M7400CHILI 21-Cup Dry Food Container.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 1:37 PM PST

Single Turntable ** 10.65" x 0.96"
Single Turntable ** 10.65" x 0.96"
Offered by HOUSE SMART
Price: $11.91
15 used & new from $7.46

5.0 out of 5 stars TURN THAT GAME AROUND!, March 27, 2013
I had a different purpose in mind for this turntable, and it is working out beautifully. Whenever my husband and I play board games with our grandchildren, he always says we should have a turntable. We turn the game to each player (especially the Scrabble game), and the pieces slide around. Finally I listened to him and ordered this, and it is doing the job for us. Also we don't forget whose turn it is in case we get interrupted. The one who has the game facing him is the player who goes next. I had been a little concerned that the games might tip, but the turntable is flat enough that that is not a problem. Besides, I figured if it did not work out for us, I would use it in my pantry. I don't know about the label being difficult to remove as one reviewer commented because we did not attempt to remove it. The fact that it is there is meaningless to us. Now if I could just find that perfect word!

SODIAL(TM) Howlite Turquoise Skull Beads Buddhist Prayer Bracelet Mala
SODIAL(TM) Howlite Turquoise Skull Beads Buddhist Prayer Bracelet Mala
Offered by serendipity520
Price: $3.88
2 used & new from $3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars FITS MY LARGER WRIST VERY WELL, March 18, 2013
I ordered this for my granddaughter. I will hold it for Hallloween, as she likes this sort of style. I was afraid it was perhaps going to be too small for her wrist after having read some of the reviews. However, I tried it on, and even though I have a large wrist, it fit me with no stretching of the elastic. I wonder now if it might even be a little too big for my granddaughter. Nevertheless, I am sure she will like it. The colors are bright and I am happy with the quality.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13