Profile for JSS > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 162

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JSS "JSS" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
DSQUARED2 Men's Vitello Gladiator Sandal, Nero, 44 EU/11 M US
DSQUARED2 Men's Vitello Gladiator Sandal, Nero, 44 EU/11 M US
Price: $765.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for a gladiator!, July 5, 2015
Pros:
-Great traction which is key when fighting in the arena
-Spiked upper can do some serious damage as a backup weapon if you happen to be disarmed
-Stylish

Cons:
-Hemp sole causes chaffing when soaked with the blood of my enemies

~Jerminius Septimius Sardinias

Keraplex Organica Hair Loss Shampoo - Top-Rated Hair Regrowth Shampoo Leaves Hair Fuller, Shinier & More Beautiful (8 Oz)
Offered by P12 Sales
Price: $49.87

2.0 out of 5 stars How many of these reviews are legit?, July 2, 2015
I gave this shampoo a shot for about three weeks. Unfortunately it leaves my hair feeling dry and brittle. As others have mentioned, it smells great but does not create much of a lather.

It seems like the bulk of these reviewers state getting a free product. I wonder how many of these positive reviews are legit and not paid for?

Uberhose™ - 50ft Expanding Elastic Flat Garden Watering Hose. Made From Expandable Rubber. Backed By the Trusted Gardenite® 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee!

1.0 out of 5 stars When will someone build a reliable expandable hose?, July 2, 2015
As many other reviewers have stated, this hose is great...at first. Many people said after the first couple uses the connector broke or the hose burst. Mine lasted for 8 uses within 3 weeks and then the connector near the nozzle started leaking. I tried tightening the coupler without any luck, there seems to be an issue with how the connector is attached to the hose itself.

I sure hope some company finds a way to successfully build one of these expanding hoses because when they work as advertised they are really great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2015 5:22 AM PDT

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a must have but still fun to have, June 20, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
Amazon Echo is one of those devices nobody really needs but it's fun to play with if you have some extra money sitting around.

Amazon continues to develop uses for Echo. When I first received it I could play music from Amazon Prime and answer basic questions. Now it can controls my Belkin and Phillips Hue devices and tell me the weather.

The speaker isn't terribly impressive but it gets the job done. The microphone is very sensitive but Echo does not always understand what I say. Seeing as Echo is in constant development I think there is a lot of potential for this device.

BitFenix Tower Case without Power Supply BFC-PAN-300-KSXN1-RP Silver
BitFenix Tower Case without Power Supply BFC-PAN-300-KSXN1-RP Silver
Price: $111.99
5 used & new from $111.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Description not accurate, May 11, 2015
This case does not include the programmable display or a windowed side panel. To get those features you will need to pay a cost premium. I went through two of these cases via Amazon returns until we came to the conclusion that the description was wrong.

Other than that I really enjoyed the case. The aesthetic is very sleek and it looks great. The inside space is a little tight but if you only have basic components and one or two hard drives it will work great.

Also, the edges of the aluminum side panels are very sharp and I have a nice gash in my finger because of it, so be careful!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2015 10:49 AM PDT

Gen USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSI/DSIXL
Gen USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSI/DSIXL
Offered by ebuymartusa
Price: $4.95
32 used & new from $0.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit the new Nintendo 3DS-XL, April 14, 2015
Does not fit the new 3DS-XL, the connector is completely different.

Piper classic - HD Security Camera, Video Monitoring Wireless Surveillance System and Home Automation Hub, White
Price: $199.00
16 used & new from $169.15

2.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like Piper but it is too half-baked, February 23, 2015
Piper makes a lot of claims unfortunately it fails to deliver. Here are some issues I have with it.

1. The video quality, even in the day time, is mediocre at best and the "pan and tilt" function is clunky. The panning, tilting and zooming is all done digitally and poorly at that. Dropcam does zooming and provides superior video quality, albeit no digital panning or tilting. Sadly, Dropcam also has a hefty monthly fee if you wish to archive video online which is one of the major reasons I went with Piper to begin with.

2. No night vision. I realize there is a new version coming out but that is not yet available on Amazon.com. No night vision means if something happens in the evening good lucking getting a good look at what happened. Unless of course your have a z-wave trigger which turns on all your lights which leads me to my next point.

3. Piper claims to be a z-wave home automation device but it does this to the most minimal extent. I get really bothered by these companies that try to do too much (poorly) and don't make their system work with readily available products. For example; there are so many z-wave hubs on the market today. Why can't Piper work with a z-wave hub such as vera, smartthings, wink or the other 100 hubs on the market? Piper is only compatible with "some" z-wave accessories such as light switches or some door sensors. I don't want to manage 10 different apps on my phone, I want to use one, preferably the z-wave hub's app. Most other z-wave cameras allow this type of integration so it seems like an oversight by Piper. I wouldn't be opposed to using Piper as my z-wave hub if it could control a few more devices such as a door lock and alarm key pads. This would make setting the away mode and alarms so much easier and truly be a do-it-yourself security system.

Piper seemed to check a lot of boxes but it unfortunately fell short in the quality and usability department. If Piper can improve the video quality then I might even recommend it for someone just starting out in the whole home automation game. But if you already have a home automation network in place then Piper isn't the security camera for you. You're better off buying a Dropcam or Foscam along with a z-wave alarm siren and pairing them with your home automation hub,

Doublju Mens Faux Leather Jacket with Slim Fit BROWN (US-L)
Doublju Mens Faux Leather Jacket with Slim Fit BROWN (US-L)
Offered by Doublju company
Price: $39.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Makes you look like a Happy Days-inspired anime character, December 29, 2014
This faux leather jacket doesn't quite know what time period it fits in. The best way I can sum it up is one part 1960's Happy Days attire plus one part Japanese anime character attire.

Like most Doublju clothing, this jacket runs small. Having purchased previous product from this company I thought I planned accordingly by ordering one size larger than normal. I usually wear a US M so this time around I bought an XL (US L) and it was a little too tight and too short in the waist.

The collar is much higher than it appears in the photo (having an actual model wearing the jacket would probably show this better). The brown fabric trim around the bottom, cuffs and up the sides is straight out of the 1970's and looks really cheap. Also, I realize this is faux leather but it hardly looks like leather, it looks like cheap vinyl.

I can only imagine how many returns this company gets due to sizing and styling issues. Their clothing often looks really nice in the photos but when it shows up on your doorstep there is always something that feels a little off (typically a huge unwieldy collar, cuff or other unusually sized area).

Bellroy Men's Leather Note Sleeve Wallet Java
Bellroy Men's Leather Note Sleeve Wallet Java
Offered by Bellroy
Price: $89.95

2.0 out of 5 stars It's all about the marketing, December 17, 2014
Bellroy puts a lot of effort into marketing how thin this wallet is. I wouldn't say this wallet is much thinner than the current leather bi-fold I have now.

In addition, installing and removing cards is a bit clunky. There are only two individual card slots, you can assume one will go to your drivers license and the other to a primary bank or credit card. The additional card slots require you to stack multiple cards on to of each other which is not very functional.

Another thing I missed is having that drivers license "windowed" slot like many wallets have. It is very convenient not having to pull out your license every time someone asks for your ID.

The quality is OK, the leather is a little stiff but I imagine it will soften up over time. Overall I don't think you get what you pay for with this wallet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2015 10:08 PM PST

Herban Cowboy Mountain Natural Deodorant, Maximum Protection, 2.8 Ounce
Herban Cowboy Mountain Natural Deodorant, Maximum Protection, 2.8 Ounce
Price: $7.49
14 used & new from $5.35

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not the deodorant you're looking for, December 16, 2014
I've tried three of these Herban Cowboy deodorant sticks; Dusk, Forest and Mountain. Dusk is hands down the best smelling and Mountain the worst. Mountain smells like sour cabbage rotting in your armpits.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17