Profile for JSS > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 145

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JSS "JSS" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Contour ROAM3 Waterproof HD Video Camera (Black)
Contour ROAM3 Waterproof HD Video Camera (Black)
Price: $199.99
3 used & new from $195.00

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not the action camera you're looking for, September 30, 2014
I didn't spend a lot of time with this camera before it failed on me but I did gather enough information for a simple pros and cons list. Unfortunately I will need to return the camera.

PROS
Easy to use
Includes a memory card
Aluminum body
Adjustable lens
Laser alignment

CONS
Not exactly waterproof. After going into only 3 feet of water the microphone stopped working.
Poor low light performance
Poor still photo quality
It's bigger than you'd think. The photos make it look small but it's about the size of two D batteries stacked on top of each other.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2014 10:00 PM PDT

NOOT® 2200mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-I9300, I535(Verizon), I747(AT&T), T999(T-Mobile), R530(U.S. Cellular), L710(Sprint), Fits EB-L1G6LLU ,[24-Month Warranty No Hassle Money Back Guarantee]
Offered by noot products
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great non-oem battery, September 27, 2014
My mother-in-law's Samsung Galaxy S3 battery finally died and I came to Amazon for a replacement. Upon reading all the positive reviews of this NOOT 2200mAh battery I decided to give it a try and I am very happy I did. This battery works like a charm and her phone's battery life now lasts as long as it did when she first got it.

[Apple Mfi Certified] ZeroLemon® Lightning to USB Cable 10ft / 3m for Iphone 5s / 5c / 5, Ipad Air / Mini / Mini2, Ipad 4th Generation, Ipod 5th Generation, and Ipod Nano 7th Generation [2 Year Warranty] - Black
Offered by Bastexwireless - Authorized ZeroLemon Retailer
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works as intended, September 27, 2014
If you're looking for a longer cable for your new Apple device this cable definitely fit the bill. I have the new iPhone 6 and it works like a charm.

General Electric MSWF Refrigerator Water Filter
General Electric MSWF Refrigerator Water Filter
Price: $36.39
38 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, September 27, 2014
I've been buying these water filters for 4 years now and they work great. Easy to replace and clean, filtered water every time.

simplehuman Custom Fit Trash Can Liner J, 30-40 Liters / 8-10.5 Gallons, 50-Count
Price: $16.29
10 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient liners, September 27, 2014
Sure these trash liners are a little more expensive than what you can buy from a big box store but they fit my Simple Human trash can perfectly.

I really like the little things that Simple Human does to make the overall experience more user friendly. Such as including a reminder when there are only a couple liners left in the box that you are about to run out. Also having the exact liner type indicated by a letter printed on the box and liner itself is very convenient. Now I just wish Simple Human would bring back the scented liners!

Fisher Price Cradle 'n Swing - My Little Snugapuppy
Fisher Price Cradle 'n Swing - My Little Snugapuppy
Price: $119.00
14 used & new from $119.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the money, September 27, 2014
I bought this swing for my son. I've always wanted a swing that could swing both directions and that plugged into the wall (my previous swing was battery powered which was a nightmare). Set up only took about 10 minutes and was very simple to do. I love all of the features the swing offers. My son is now six months old and weighs just under 19lbs. He is completely fixated on the mobile/mirror that hangs overhead. I like that the mobile does not constantly spin. You push a button to make it start and it cuts itself off after a few minutes. It not only spins but each animal goes up and down also.

The body support cradles him perfectly in the swing. I would not recommend this swing if you do not have ample space. It is a large full size swing and since it swings two directions it has a wide leg span. However, the wide leg span makes the swing extremely stable and safer for baby.
My son fell asleep in his swing after about 10 minutes of staring at the mobile. He was immediately quiet upon placing him in it. The instructions do say to give the swing a push upon starting it. It swings just fine after following those instructions. If you fail to give it the starting push it's really hard on the motor and it will likely not swing like it is supposed to.

When he outgrows the swing I look forward to him being able to play with the animals which detach from the mobile. Also, the legs do fold to make it easier to move. All around a great swing!

Wink Connected Home Hub PWHUB-WH01
Wink Connected Home Hub PWHUB-WH01
Price: $49.99
13 used & new from $36.17

2.0 out of 5 stars Form over function, September 27, 2014
Like many people around here keep saying, Wink has a lot of potential to be something great but it isn't quite there yet. Currently it is just a pretty interface with poor software engineering.

The hub itself is still very buggy, even after the most recent firmware upgrade. You will read a lot of review about people saying they had a difficult time connecting the Wink hub to their network, various devices and with it losing connectivity. Unfortunately I too am experiencing these issues which is extremely frustrating.

I am also bummed with the lack of support for IP cameras. Only allowing integration with Dropcam seems like a big flaw to me given how limited Dropcams are. Also, no integration with Nest is another downside (although Wink says connectivity is coming).

For now I'll be sending the Wink hub back to Amazon given all the connectivity issues I've been having and will continue to stick with my trusty Mi Casa Verde Vera Lite, clunky interface and all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2014 7:13 AM PDT

Foscam FBM3501 Digital Video Baby Monitor - 2.4 Ghz with Pan/Tilt, Nightvision and Two-Way Audio/Video Camera with 3.5-Inch LCD (White/Gray)
Price: $119.99
9 used & new from $115.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best camera for the money, September 25, 2014
We went through three different baby monitors before deciding on this Foscam FBM3501.

Overall it came down to portability, being able to rotate the camera and the auto-off/on (Vox) feature.

I am able to use this camera throughout my entire 1900 sq/ft house (upstairs and downstairs) without any issues.

Some of the units we tested had such a short battery life they would barely last through my son's nap. The Foscam battery easily lasts through the entire night when on Vox mode. I also like how you can adjust the Vox sensitivity.

The ability to rotate the camera is key when you have an active baby who likes to crawl around or stand up in the crib so this was a real bonus.

Some of the features, such as two-way communication, is a little gimmicky to me and borderline creepy. My son didn't seem to care that we could speak to him through the camera and in fact he got even more scared that he could hear us but not see us so this was not a selling point.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase and highly recommend it.

Munchkin Ten Squirtin Sea Buddies
Munchkin Ten Squirtin Sea Buddies
Offered by BabyHaven
Price: $10.81
34 used & new from $8.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to keep a toddler entertained in the bath, September 25, 2014
My son loves these bath toys. He's been playing with them for over 6 months now every night and never seems to get sick of them.

Just makes sure you squirt the water out of the toys at the end of bath time otherwise an ominous black mold will begin to form inside.

Flexible Magnet Sheet With Adhesive, 0.030" Thick, 12" Wide, 24" Length (1 sheet rolled inside tube)
Price: $6.62
2 used & new from $6.62

5.0 out of 5 stars stronger than expected, September 25, 2014
I am very happy with this magnetic sheet. For being so thin the magnetic quality was much stronger than I thought it would be which is great. I used it to hold two pieces of stainless steel together and minimize the visible seam and it works great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15