Profile for JSS > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 90

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JSS "JSS" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
French Connection Men's Black Star Polo Knit, Plain, Medium
French Connection Men's Black Star Polo Knit, Plain, Medium
Price: $48.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies love it, July 19, 2014
This shirt will transform you into a smooth, svelte, French super model. You will be amazed at how it contours to your flabby body, tucking your man-boobs and making it look like you're a regular gym rat. A small touch of color is added around the buttons to assure those around you that you mean business.

HMDX Jam Plus Portable Speaker (Grey) One-Pack
HMDX Jam Plus Portable Speaker (Grey) One-Pack
Price: $38.99
23 used & new from $22.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Jam Jam Jammy Jam, July 19, 2014
For the price you really cannot beat the sound quality this speaker pumps out. It's a little base heavy but can really fill a room when turned up. I only wish the battery life was a little longer but so far 4 hours gets me through most excursions.

Seki Edge Stainless Steel Fingernail Clipper
Seki Edge Stainless Steel Fingernail Clipper
Offered by Jaurasee
Price: Click here to see our price
18 used & new from $8.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth like butter, July 19, 2014
Cuts through my nails like a hot knife through butter. I can't get enough of these Seki clippers. I want everything Seki! Seki sheers, Seki shaver, Seki knives and Seki guillotines!

ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
Price: $219.95
72 used & new from $181.03

5.0 out of 5 stars One router to rule them all, July 19, 2014
This router beats all other ones I've had by a mile. Triple digit connections all over the house on both frequency bands, and with tweaking, up to 700 mbps connections on my main computer. My tweaking involved replacing the stock antennas with better +9db ones I already had, moving the router by a foot or two and adjusting antenna orientation.

It has all sorts of options and features I'd never had before, including a very fast USB 3.0 port for a network server in addition to a USB 2.0 port that can handle a printer, the possibility of using two internet connections at the same time, separate guest networks so that visitors won't have access to your home LAN, just the Internet,

But my main motivation in getting this router was security. One aspect of this is that the Router's software is not secret. Assuming you can understand programming languages, you can study it to make sure there are no back doors for governments to spy on you or crooks to prey on you.

But also, I wanted to run all my internet connectivity through a "Virtual Private Network," in other words, an encrypted tunnel to a computer server that then sends out my searches, web page requests, etc., and then receives and forwards the pages I am surfing to, my downloads and videos and so on without the Internet Address of my account being visible, in other words, without the final user being easy to determine.

This router makes a greater degree of privacy possible. The "stock" firmware does support having this kind of connection, but I found it flaky, difficult to set up, and limited in options.

I hope ASUS is working on an upgraded version of this router to better support the Open VPN (Virtual Private Network) protocol.

This way of connecting to the internet involves encrypting everything that is sent from the router and decrypting everything that is received, and that takes a lot of computing power and resources. I have a 50-some mbps connection to the internet, but with the router handling encryption, the download speed drops to 20. Usable, but I wish it were better. Especially as I work with and exchange HD video footage.

Right now, 50 mbps is the top speed from AT&T, but Verizon and the Cable Companies have already topped that. And losing more than half of the speed of the slower of the major national providers is not good news for a product that is positioned in the market for computer and technology enthusiasts in the home and small business segments.

I think ASUS could expand its market and open up a new niche if it offered something like the RT-AC68 but in an edition explicitly meant to maximize usability with the best privacy and security measures without having to sacrifice so much of your bandwidth.

Boss B16245-BK Caressoft Medical/Drafting Stool with Back Cushion
Boss B16245-BK Caressoft Medical/Drafting Stool with Back Cushion
Price: $88.98
25 used & new from $65.47

5.0 out of 5 stars The weather is great up here, July 19, 2014
Makes me feel like a giant towering over mere mortals who sit beneath me. If I feel like being closer to the common folk the handy dandy piston slowly lowers me back down towards civilization.

HTC One M8 - Factory Unlocked 32GB - US Warranty (Gunmetal Grey)
HTC One M8 - Factory Unlocked 32GB - US Warranty (Gunmetal Grey)
Price: $653.95
27 used & new from $545.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so much better, July 19, 2014
This is a beautiful piece of hardware, but I just don't understand why people think the Duo Camera is a good system. I think it is terrible. Most of the photos are completely blown out and there is such a crazy difference between the HDR and regular auto mode that it is like two completely different cameras were used. Plus the image quality is just plain fuzzy and lacks detail of other comparable phones (most likely due to the 4MP limitation). It's a real head-scratcher that the HTC developers chose this route. My Nexus 5 consistently delivers sharper, more true colors and better pictures across the board when I take the same picture using the same setting with both phones. In a market where the camera is fast-becoming the deciding factor for consumers' choice of cell phones, this one is a really huge disappointment.

And though the M8 is beautiful, the aluminum body has to be covered by a case to be used in every day life and that's a shame, because it ironically defeats the phone's stellar hardware design. My Nexus 5 has not had a case since I bought it in February, and it has survived several drops with aplomb. Plus, I just love its sleek minimalist design, and slim, lightweight profile. After loving my M7 and switching to the Nexus 5 until the M8 came out, I personally think my phone does not have to be a big statement piece; rather it needs to be functional, simple, elegant, fast, sturdy, and have the ability to take a really nice photo quickly and without a lot of fuss. I am constantly being complemented on the photos from my Nexus 5. Constantly! And at the half the price of other flagship phones; the Nexus is a keeper.

HTC Dot View Case for HTC One (M8) - Retail Packaging - Warm Black/Dark Gray
HTC Dot View Case for HTC One (M8) - Retail Packaging - Warm Black/Dark Gray
Offered by FireBall
Price: $26.79
25 used & new from $20.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very use friendly, July 19, 2014
The case doesn't always stay closed and trying to use the camera is a pain. It would have been nice if HTC followed more of what LG did with the circle case where there is an opening that allows you to use the camera when flipped open.

Generac 6115 3,100 Pressure Washer 1/4 Inch by 30-Foot PVC Replacement Hose
Generac 6115 3,100 Pressure Washer 1/4 Inch by 30-Foot PVC Replacement Hose
Offered by Outdoor Wholesale Direct
Price: $23.99
4 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those who like it stiff, July 19, 2014
Great replacement hose for when the original hose breaks although it is a little stiff. Pressure washer companies don't typically offer very robust warranties because their hoses don't last long but this hose has been great so far.

AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Frameless LED Monitor
AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Frameless LED Monitor
Price: $229.99
29 used & new from $229.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, faulty ICC color profile drive, July 19, 2014
I've had this monitor for a few months now and I'm a huge fan its sleek appearance and accurate color representation.

Be careful with the icc color profile that the AOC Windows driver assigns because I think it is fault. Whenever I use the AOC color profile it makes white backgrounds look yellow.

Duracell Powermat 24-Hour Power System for iPhone 4/4s - Black
Duracell Powermat 24-Hour Power System for iPhone 4/4s - Black
Offered by Berry Wireless
Price: $18.49
31 used & new from $18.49

5.0 out of 5 stars AT&T LG G3 compatible, July 19, 2014
Works great for those of us in the US with an AT&T LG G3 and the circle case.

AT&T has done a horrible job educating its staff and customers on how to wireless charge the LG G3. Everyone else in the world gets to use Qi charging technology (which has won the wireless charging war by the way) for the LG G3 but for whatever reason AT&T decided to go with Powermat charging technology.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 8:00 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9