Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Jeff Courson > Reviews

Browse

Jeff Courson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeff Courson "Jeff C" RSS Feed (Colorado)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History
by Jim DeFelice
Price: $6.52
380 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be required reading, June 19, 2015
This is a jaw-dropping, incredible, riveting, first-hand account of a boots-on-the-ground American Soldier, showing us what it's REALLY like in modern warfare. Not the sanitized snippets from CNN. 'American Sniper,' should be required reading for every Senior in High School in the United States. This book defines sacrifice, courage, patriotism, and strength of spirit. Heck, just read the chapter on Kyle's time in Fallujah and after your mind has been blown, ask yourself, "Could I have done that?"
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Those who command from ivory towers do not live by the consequences of their decisions. Chris Kyle lead from the front. This book is NOW, this book is HAPPENING. This book is what is ACTUALLY going on over there in the Middle East. Hoo-rah SEALS! Hoo-rah Marines!

Wolf Children (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Wolf Children (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
DVD ~ Colleen Clinkenbeard
Price: $20.19
31 used & new from $17.16

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweeping, epic masterpiece, December 25, 2014
You need to see this movie. 'Wolf Children' is a lavish, sweeping, epic masterpiece the likes of which rarely come around in the anime genre. Our entire family loved it, and we were blown away. It's not some cutesy film. It eschews stereotypes and places an incredibly strong woman into an impossible circumstance, trying to raise the two children of a werewolf alone after their father (her husband) is killed in a mysterious accident. 'Wolf Children' is a masterwork of animation and storytelling, a deeply emotional experience; often funny, beautifully animated and epic in scope. It clocks in at just over two hours, and master animator Mamoru Hosada packs a wallop of a story into those two hours. Absolutely amazing.

Tactical 150 Lumen LED Flashlight For Compact Pistols Fits Beretta PX4 M9A1 Glock 19 23 25 SR9 XD Compact Taurus 24/7 SIG P250 S&W SW99
Offered by Performance Outdoor Gear
Price: $26.85
11 used & new from $24.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Did NOT fit my Sig P250 but DID fit Glock 17, October 20, 2014
This light did NOT fit my Sig P250 .45 but it DID fit my Glock 17 9mm very well. Strange.

Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition - Xbox 360
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition - Xbox 360
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $26.45
145 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest game I've ever played...and I've played a LOT, April 21, 2014
I've spent countless hours playing the whole Halo series, Gears of War, Rainbow 6, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Star Wars, various Splinter Cells, and more games than I can remember over the past 30 years. I have NEVER been hooked like this.

The story and stunning game-play of RDR draws you in. It's a completely open world where the characters make you care about them (or hate them...either way you have to use them all for something). The thing I love the most is the "completely open" scenario...you can jump in or out of the story whenever you want...go bounty hunting, play poker, buy a drink at a bar, chat up the saloon girls, earn a little side cash, save various poor saps on the side of the road as you're riding around, kill random scumbags for honor points and reward money...and then jump back into the story at your leisure. Awesome experience. Deserves all of the awards it got. The world of RDR is HUGE, mind-blowing...but FUN and not complicated. It's on YOUR time. There's no rush. Worth every penny.

Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet)
Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet)
by Orson Scott Card
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $4.03
437 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not great, September 10, 2013
I wanted to read this before the movie came out, wanted to see what the hype was about. I was very interested for about the first 100 pages, then it became a tedious and repetitive slog in the space-station battle-room of battle after battle after battle with the school officials trying to make it tougher and tougher and more impossible for Ender to win, but he always does anyway, yada yada yada blah blah blah. It got so I just didn't care anymore, the characters were so bland and mechanical. And what's with them running around naked all over the place? Is there something about Mr. Card that we ought to worry about?
I lost interest even though Ender was finally being launched into deep space to fight the Buggers. I didn't even care, I returned it to the library without finishing it. I skipped the last 75 pages or so. This is one of those situations where the movie may actually be better.
I don't understand why this is a "classic." Maybe it's because I'm over 40 and this was written for adolescent boys and just doesn't appeal to me the same way taut, smart thrillers by Clive Cussler do.

Mosby's Clinical Nursing, 5th Edition
Mosby's Clinical Nursing, 5th Edition
by J. Hirsch
49 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for care plans and pathophysiology of disease, August 22, 2013
THIS book is my nursing Bible. It describes disease processes in detail, clinical manifestations, possible nursing diagnoses, evidence-based interventions and outcomes for collaborative care. I refer to this most often, instead of any med-surg text, when I need help writing care plans or I'm stumped for signs and symptoms, interventions and outcomes, or trying to put a clinical prep together for a patient. VERY well done and well laid-out and organized.
Thank you Mosby!

It's a 10 Miracle Styling Cream (5 oz)
It's a 10 Miracle Styling Cream (5 oz)
Price: $12.29
49 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, August 13, 2013
Our entire family uses this. My wife, myself, and our two daughters. All three females in our house have extremely curly, frizzy, kinky hair. This stuff tames it, controls it, moisturizes it, and gives it manageable soft curls. We do NOT use a hair dryer. We apply it on wet hair after showering, brush it through and air-dry. The girls' hair dries into beautiful ringlets. I use it to get the dry Colorado frizz out of my wavy hair too, it's non-sticky and non-crunchy and holds a style. And I'm man enough to admit it. Good stuff!

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak
Price: $7.79
700 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing in its originality, beauty, tragedy and wordcraft, July 16, 2013
This review is from: The Book Thief (Paperback)
Maybe once or twice in a generation comes along a novel of such searing power, written with such expert artistry, that a jaded 42-year-old former English scholar like myself wished to god it had been assigned reading back in high school or college English classes.

How many millions of us, as teenagers, slogged through "The Magus," "Catch-22," "Diary of Anne Frank," "All Quiet on the Western Front," or the combined works of Ray Bradbury or Kurt Vonnegut? Yes, they were great works of art, and they affected us deeply, giving us different viewpoints of War: torture, barbarism, senselessness, the sometimes mundane life of a soldier, the tension of hiding from the aggressors, even some sick humor...but we were MADE to read them, and that perhaps dimmed their shine a little.

This illustrious novel by Zusack, "The Book Thief," about a young girl whose parents we assume are sent away to Nazi death camps while she is taken in by a foster family in Munich, is unique in that it is told in first person narration by Death, the Grim Reaper. It is darkly comic and often leaves one chuckling at the antics of Liesl's foster parents, while the world around them crumbles and burns in war and genocide. The juxtaposition of the darkly comic with truly horrific and tragic makes for an astonishingly good read, one that I found impossible to put down.
I even found my old high school english professor on Facebook (hadn't seen him in 25 years) and said, "You have GOT to read this. Every time I pick it up I think of you..."
Awesome. Stunning. Totally unexpected. PLEASE read it.

Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 6th Edition
Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 6th Edition
by Carolyn Jarvis
Price: $118.75
906 used & new from $0.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome reference, May 24, 2013
This is one of the best nursing reference books I have ever seen in 15 years of health-care. Gorgeous illustrations, short and to-the-point chapters without tons of fluff, tells it all from a "nursing process" perspective, and even gives you detailed step-by-step charting examples for normal AND abnormal findings.

Physical Examination & Health Assessment, Student Laboratory Manual, 6th Edition
by Carolyn Jarvis
Price: $41.77
369 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good companion piece, May 24, 2013
This goes right along with the 6th edition textbook by Jarvis. A huge help, and is required for lab-classes anyway.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5