Profile for Mary B. Nixon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 75

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mary B. Nixon "Jean" RSS Feed (Alvin, TX United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
In Love With a Haunted House (Contemporary Romance)
In Love With a Haunted House (Contemporary Romance)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars sweet, August 27, 2014
A sweet story that read as a novella. It was lovely. I enjoyed the writing style and characters. However, greater character development or an epilogue would help. The author has the talent to give greater grit and depth - without damaging the kindness of the piece.

Peril for Your Thoughts (Mind Reader Mystery)
Peril for Your Thoughts (Mind Reader Mystery)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, August 21, 2014
Who can resist Greek Mommas? Quirky characters with a good balance of humor and mayhem. Don't expect a hard core police drama. The romance is very tame, but the chemistry is there.

Beguiled (A Ravynne Sisters Paranormal Thriller Book 8)
Beguiled (A Ravynne Sisters Paranormal Thriller Book 8)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars good series, August 17, 2014
While I enjoy the Ravyne sisters book 8, Beguiled, is not the strongest of the series. Marabeth creates a dark and moody atmosphere. However, the usual heart racing drama is absent. There is a climatic ending. It is the plot line that dampens the ending trauma. Our bad guy is tortured, not twisted. I was left with a bit of sympathy for the emotionally disturbed "evil-doer".

Purina Fortiflora Feline Nutritional Supplement Box, 30gm
Purina Fortiflora Feline Nutritional Supplement Box, 30gm
Price: $20.55
17 used & new from $17.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Work with your vet, July 22, 2014
Our vet recommended this when our 2 year old cat lost weight and vomited, often. Fortiflora encourages eating. However, we follow vet directions and give a kitty stool softener, too. (Vet thinks that kitty struggles to pass hairballs.) Talk to your vet to make sure you are completely treating your cat's ailment. Our cat is back to a healthy weight. His sensitive tummy isn't "cured", but it is much better.

Petsafe Come With Me Kitty Harness and Bungee Leash, Medium, Lilac
Petsafe Come With Me Kitty Harness and Bungee Leash, Medium, Lilac
Price: Click here to see our price
13 used & new from $5.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Success, July 22, 2014
Comfortable for our kitty. I bought a size - up because of previous reviews. Glad I did!

Chinet 10 3/8 Dinner Plate 100-count Box
Chinet 10 3/8 Dinner Plate 100-count Box
Price: $20.48
14 used & new from $18.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Standard in our home, July 22, 2014
Sturdy plates that do not make warm, baked goods "sweat". You can use them one at a time. Cheaper, imitations require multiple plates.

Multi Grain Cheerios Peanut Butter Cereal, 11.3 Ounce
Multi Grain Cheerios Peanut Butter Cereal, 11.3 Ounce
Price: $2.98
11 used & new from $2.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Personal preference, July 22, 2014
I love peanut butter. Crisp, not too sweet cereal. My husband who likes sweeter cereal was so-so about them.

Black as Snow
Black as Snow
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Blasphemy, Insanity, and Bravery, July 22, 2014
This review is from: Black as Snow (Kindle Edition)
While the book jacket touts Snow White as inspiration, this is a modern read without fairy tale fantasy. It faces complex social issues that skirt the dilemma of liberal love -vs- religion -vs- personal morals. It is well written. Nick Nolan's writing evokes thought and emotion. If you are conservative in your faith or sexual values.... Move On. Principle characters, intent on harm, twist revenge and faith into a scary delusion. Moreover, a sexual act is linked with a religious rite. I enjoyed the character development within the book. I didn't expect to shed tears in a "Snow White" inspired journey. If you have a thick skin and an open mind, Black as Snow is a worthy read.

Love at First Bite Bundle
Love at First Bite Bundle
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, July 17, 2014
The men are gorgeous. The cowboys on motorcycles are fast. Their women are smart, funny, and sexy. It is a good chemistry. All of the books in this collection are easy to read and enjoyable.

Silent Revenge
Silent Revenge
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars meh, July 3, 2014
This review is from: Silent Revenge (Kindle Edition)
A plot with promise + an admirable heroine. The chemistry between our heroine and hero was not scorching. I enjoy a book with suggestion. (It doesn't have to be x-rated to win my approval.) I liked their interactions within the earliest parts of the book. The final conflict lacked luster for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8