Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD
Profile for Catherine S. Vodrey > Reviews

Browse

Catherine S. Vod...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 434

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Catherine S. Vodrey RSS Feed (East Liverpool, Ohio United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tuft & Needle Mattress, Queen
Tuft & Needle Mattress, Queen
Price: $600.00
5 used & new from $600.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Doubt we'll ever buy another mattress from anyone else!, January 12, 2016
"Foam mattress? Oh no, thank you," I would have said a month ago. Well, I was wrong and I'm a convert, so here's my unpaid endorsement. This is a crazy-good mattress at a crazy-good price, and I love the fact that it's all American materials, and manufactured here in America. We unrolled our new T&N queen mattress onto our existing box springs and slept on it that night. I was really worried it would be too soft (there's no such thing as a mattress too firm for my liking). It isn't. It feels totally supportive and utterly comfortable without ever slipping over the line into Squishy Land or Why Am I Sleeping on a Sheet of Plywood.

And, and, and! If you hate memory foam, you'll be happy to hear that Tuft & Needle mattresses are constructed of a proprietary polyurethane foam (different iterations for different layers) and that these mattresses do NOT hold heat the way memory foam does. It's a luxuriously comfortable mattress, and you absolutely cannot beat the price. I don't think we'll ever buy a mattress from another company!

Garnier Clean+ Smoothing Cream Cleanser For Dry Skin , 5 Fluid ounces
Garnier Clean+ Smoothing Cream Cleanser For Dry Skin , 5 Fluid ounces
Offered by MONTE509
Price: $3.00
20 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT for make-up removal, August 4, 2015
They don't really advertise it for this, but this Garnier cleanser is EXCELLENT for make-up removal. I don't even use a separate eye make-up remover anymore since discovering this. It's a savings and such a treat not to have to buy a separate eye make-up remover when this cleanser does the trick perfectly. What's more, it leaves my skin really, really soft AND totally clean. I rave about this cleanser to all my friends and frankly, think it's head and shoulders above the more expensive department store facial cleansers.

Ivation IVAGDM36 Powerful Mid-Size Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier - Quietly Gathers Up to 20oz. of Water per Day - For Spaces Up to 2,200 Cubic Feet

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier with this, August 4, 2015
Couldn't be happier with this! It is whisper-quiet and does the job in our basement. Easy to use and easy to empty.

Mawson's Will: The Greatest Polar Survival Story Ever Written
Mawson's Will: The Greatest Polar Survival Story Ever Written
by Lennard Bickel
Price: $11.66
109 used & new from $2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrifying and a terrific read, June 8, 2014
Douglas Mawson's name has been mostly lost to most of us as the larger-than-life polar explorers like Amundsen and Shackleton and Scott have always been more famous. But Mawson's SOLO survival story is better than all theirs put together. I first was made aware of this book via a "New York Times" interview with Chelsea Handler, of all people, and she said it was one of the best books she'd ever read in her life and that it terrified her. I was truly intrigued, bought the book on her recommendation, and had the exact same visceral reaction to it.

Mawson was an Australian polar explorer who was originally asked to go on Robert Falcon Scott's fatal expedition, but Mawson had different research objectives and so raised money for his own trip. One by one, his men died. One by one, his dogs died. He survived on willpower alone and it is a fascinating and powerful story. He lived into his late 70s after having survived a trip that would have felled every strong person you can imagine. Just fascinating, both as a story of polar exploration and as a tale of the strength of the human will to survive.

Sterling Silver Round Blue Topaz (8mm) Lever-Back Earrings
Sterling Silver Round Blue Topaz (8mm) Lever-Back Earrings
Price: $24.88
2 used & new from $23.64

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS and great price!, June 8, 2014
I got these as a high school graduation gift for my daughter, as her birthstone is topaz. These were a BEAUTIFUL bright blue, no visible flaws, and boy, was the price right. VERY pleased with this purchase. and she LOVES her new earrings!

Emjoi Micro-Pedi Refill Rollers (Super Coarse) - Pack of 8
Emjoi Micro-Pedi Refill Rollers (Super Coarse) - Pack of 8
Offered by Pedi Active
Price: $22.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as coarse as I'd like, June 8, 2014
The price is basically right, in terms of being far less expensive than the Emjoi brand rollers, but these are still fairly expensive and STILL not coarse enough. In my view, these should be coarse enough that you could use each roller over and over again at least a dozen or so times. After all, you're smoothing callouses, not filing down wood furniture. It makes me wonder if the folks who designed these had ANY sense of what callouses are actually like.

Having complained above, however, I will say that these rollers are terrific at smoothing callouses that are not too bad. They do NOTHING for the bottoms of my heels, but they do help keep the sides of my feet smooth and pretty.

Emjoi Micro-Pedi Nano Callus Remover
Emjoi Micro-Pedi Nano Callus Remover
Offered by BackToBags
Price: $19.95
6 used & new from $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but wish the rollers came in coarser versions, June 2, 2014
This little callous remover works great on its own terms, but they don't make rollers coarse enough to tackle my callouses.

Emjoi Micro-Pedi Refill Rollers (Extra Coarse) - Pack of 6
Emjoi Micro-Pedi Refill Rollers (Extra Coarse) - Pack of 6
Offered by Pedi Active
Price: $14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as "extra-coarse" as advertised, June 2, 2014
These were fine for smoothing the sides of my feet, but forget it when it came to the callouses on the bottom of my feet. "Extra-coarse" is not how I would describe these.

Schottenfreude: German Words for the Human Condition
Schottenfreude: German Words for the Human Condition
by Ben Schott
Price: $15.29
101 used & new from $1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a hoot!, February 3, 2014
SO, so funny. This is the perfect gift for ANYONE. I got multiple copies for Christmas gifts and will probably need to order more next year. Thanks so much!

Awkward Family Holiday Photos