Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Draveed > Reviews

Browse

Draveed's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Draveed RSS Feed (Santa Clara, CA)

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX66 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 3.3-inch OLED (White) (2012 Model)
Offered by GreenEarth

4.0 out of 5 stars Not For Stubby Fingers, May 13, 2012
I tried out this camera for about a week before returning it, but I did so with a heavy heart because this is a great little camera. I'll start off with the pros.

This camera produced some excellent shots. I was very impressed with the quality of pictures that came from it, especially when I was intentionally giving the camera bad conditions to shoot in. I was very pleased with their clarity. The jpeg noise I would often see in pics from my old camera (Panasonic Lumix TS1) was absent. Really, I was thunderstruck the first time I looked at the pics on my PC. Just beautiful!

The camera is truly tiny. The pictures here on Amazon don't give you the proper scale. It easily fits in your front pocket, without creating an uncomfortable bulge. This is definitely an 'on-the-go' camera.

The negatives... I guess I'll start with the big one.
The reason I returned this is because the camera is just too small for me. I'm a burly guy, with big hands but stubby fingers. It's just awkward for me to manipulate this. After playing with it for a week, I could never find a comfortable position to hold this camera. I tried, but could never figure out how to turn it on one-handed. I could not take one-handed pictures either. The entire back is a touch screen. That made me hesitant to rest my palm against it to grip the camera for fear of taking a picture, changing the focus, opening up the settings feature, etc. I ended up holding the camera with two hands, between thumb and index finger - very clunky, and uncomfortable. This method of holding it produced way too many pictures with my hand shadowing the lens. Finally I decided, a camera with great picture quality was no use if I didn't enjoy actually taking pictures with it. :(

I was also shocked by the cheap hand strap Sony provided. I've used several Panasonic models, and they come with a comfortable wrist wrap with a lock that lets you tighten the wrap, so you don't have to think about accidentally dropping the camera. If you fumble it, no worry, the wrap keeps it secured. Sony's wrist wrap was just a piece of stiff cloth. You get no protection from that. When I'm paying this much money for a camera, I expect the company to think of these little details, not nickel-and-dime me.

The camera's UI was not quite so obvious to use as I hoped. With more practice I would have eventually learned it, but some of the settings are not as apparent as you would think.

So, I guess my quick summary is... The TX66 is a great little camera, but it's not for people with large, stubby hands. It's just too difficult to comfortably handle. It's a great gift for your wife/girlfriend though, assuming she's not bigger than average.

Mighty Ball Dog Toy, Medium, Orange
Mighty Ball Dog Toy, Medium, Orange
Price: $6.59
9 used & new from $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing 'mighty' about it, December 28, 2011
What a let down! I gave this toy to my dog for Christmas. I thought it would be a fun diversion for him while we all opened gifts. My little 12 pound Klee Kai destroyed this ball in under an hour. In that short amount of time, not only did he rip off the cloth covering, but he ripped open the plastic ball at the center so it no longer squeaks. This is totally useless now; a complete waste of $10.

Sennheiser RS 140 Wireless HiFi Headphone with Dynamic Compression System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by DiscountOutletForSure
3 used & new from $249.59

3.0 out of 5 stars I guess it's good for wireless, December 31, 2005
I recently received these for Christmas and I've been using them everyday for the past week. I'm using them right now as a matter of fact. I gave these 3 stars because they work well enough for my purposes, but I'm certainly underwhelmed.

I wanted wireless headphones because my old wired pair really kept me tied to my desk. It was irritating having to adjust the wire every time I wanted to turn left or right. It's good having the RS140 because now I can move freely around my room. However, leaving my room is another story. I tried wearing these into the bathroom across the hall from my room (20ft away I'm guessing), but the hiss becomes ridiculous. You can still hear your content but you can't really enjoy it. Even now sitting at my desk about 2 ft away from the transmitter I'm getting hiss. Yes, I've tried using the tuner button and frequency switch but the hiss always remains. I don't care that much because I'm not one of those picky audiophiles. If you are, don't buy these.

Regarding it's physical design... well it's certainly a lot bigger than I imagined from the picture online. I guess I made the mistake of assuming they would be similar in size to my old headphones. No the RS140 is quite large. When I look at myself in the mirror while wearing these, it's pretty comical.

Another thing, I really wouldn't wear these while lying on your back. The volume, tuner and balance buttons are on the back of the right ear. If you lie down, you'll almost certainly press those buttons.

As I said, I just wanted wireless speakers so I could move freely in a limited area (my room is roughly 10' by 12'). These work well enough for that. If that is your reason too, you can consider these. However, there are cheaper ones both from Sennheiser (the RS120 comes to mind) and other brands. Really I recommend you give those a chance first. If they stink, exchange them for this. For you audiophiles, don't consider these. They'll just angry you up.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Two-Disc Widescreen Theatrical Edition)
DVD ~ Elijah Wood
Price: $4.99
364 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn-fest, December 10, 2002
This review is really a warning to anyone who isn't specifically interested in that fairies, wizards and magic kind of fiction. If you don't like that sort of stuff, DO NOT attempt to watch this. I tried twice and I just could not get through it. There were just too many little things that bothered me and that I had to roll my eyes at. The worst part of this ordeal is that the movie moves SO slowly and it's SO long!