Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Katy Lake > Reviews

Browse

Katy Lake's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1242

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Katy Lake RSS Feed (The People's Republic of New Jersey)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
NUTRO Grain Free Senior Chicken and Lentils Recipe Dry Dog Food 12 Pounds
NUTRO Grain Free Senior Chicken and Lentils Recipe Dry Dog Food 12 Pounds
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good protein and supplement-laden kibble for the older pooch, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Another excellent product from Nutro! This was one of three brands my veterinarian recommended eons ago for my dogs, and it's done all three of them proud. This particular kibble is made in the US, is grain-free to prevent digestive upset, and features chicken and supplements to maintain the health and wellness of the older dog. I mixed this in with a little previous kibble, but I didn't take the usual week to switch the dog over. She had NO problems with that, and that's a miracle from a dog with a sensitive stomach and incredible regurgative powers when something doesn't suit her tummy!

It's decently priced for the quality. I recommend the brand without hesitation!

Old Mother Hubbard Gourmet Goodies Crispers Parmesan & Bacon Natural Crunchy Dog Treats, 6-Ounce Bag
Price: $5.99
7 used & new from $2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good crispy pet treat the dog loves!, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've tried several Mother Hubbard products, and all are pooch-approved (but this is from a dog who will eat pretty much anything, including pizza crusts found in the gutter.) So from my POV, these are good treats: they have a mild cheesy smell that's not unpleasant, they come in a decent size, and they seem to give the dog a satisfying crunch.

Since my dog inhales food, it's easy to give these in the kitchen and not have the crumbs all over the place (beware that there are some broken treats, and they can be a tad messy.)

They're at an OK price, but I strongly prefer the Mother Hubbard mini dog biscuits. My dog's not 'mini,' but since they're so small, I can use them as treats that reward her and keep her weight under control. I also LOVE that Mother Hubbard products are natural and safe!

NUTRO MAX Large Breed Adult Recipe With Farm Raised Chicken Dry Dog Food 25 Pounds
Offered by PetFoodStation
Price: $50.99
4 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty bigger-dog kibble from an excellent company, April 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When we first got a dog, Nutro Max was one of three brands of kibble he recommended. I can honestly say that I raised one rescue dog on it, and she was healthy and happy and lived to a good old age. I was glad to give this brand a try again, and it lived up to the original vet's recommendation. This kibble is made in the US (the first thing you should be checking for with anything you feed your pet, but you know that!), and the kibble bits are a good size, but not so huge that a medium-large dog like mine couldn't enjoy it. I mixed this in with her regular kibble (which you should do with any new food you feed to a dog, to get their digestive system used to it and prevent gastric upset), and it worked seamlessly. Nice big bag for a decent price - I'm happy, but more importantly, so is the dog.

Old Mother Hubbard Gourmet Goodies Soft Bakes Carrot & Pumpkin Natural Soft Dog Treats, 6-Ounce Bag
Price: $5.99
7 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So good-smelling and looking, you'll swear they're for people!, April 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had gotten samples of Old Mother Hubbard's small dog biscuits, and the size is so good for a big dog who tends to pack on weight that I've bought it in the large sized bag ever since. These soft treats really are good. I defy you to look at them and not think they're really for people, they look and smell that tasty and good!

Interestingly, though, while my dog likes them, she seems to like Mother Hubbard's biscuits better. That's no slight on this product, though - in my experience, dogs always seem to love things that people turn their nose up at. In other words, the more palatable a pet food is to you, probably the less your dog will love it.

Nonetheless, they're a good size, great for dogs who have developing teeth or for the teeth of older dogs for whom hard biscuits and chews are a challenge. You'll love them, but please remember, as great as they look, they are for the dog!

Wellness CORE Grain Free Superfood Protein Bars Turkey & Duck Natural Dog Treats, 5.5-Ounce Bag
Price: $6.81
9 used & new from $6.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Best training treats for the 'bottomless pit' pooch, April 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wellness brand never disappoints, and these superfood protein treats just expand the company's range of amazing pet-centered products. My pooch is in love! We're using these as training treats, and although this dog is a bottomless pit when it comes to food, when she knows these are on the menu, we get her undivided attention! That alone is worth the price, because training this dog is murder!

I recommend every Wellness product I've ever gotten, through two happy, healthy dogs, and now a third. You can't go wrong!

Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double - Black/Gray
Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double - Black/Gray
Price: $649.99
2 used & new from $649.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely designed with moms and children in mind, April 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm no expert when it comes to jogging strollers, but it was time to get out and get some exercise, and this stroller definitely fit the bill for what I had in mind. Baby Jogger is such a superb brand, I was expecting a lot, and I wasn't disappointed. First off, the stroller is maneuverable, even in relatively tight spots, so you can use it to 'jog' in a shopping mall, and be relatively certain of not getting boxed in or running anyone over. I'm thrilled with the hand brake at hand level, a safety feature every stroller company should incorporate.

Canopies and compartments for each child are well thought out, airy and comfortable. My favorite thing, probably, is how easy this is to collapse and store. Don't get me wrong; it still requires effort. But next to my current device, where you can spend 15 minutes trying to get it into a condition to throw in the wagon, this one is a dream!

I really think that whoever designed this stroller has children and knows what it's like to move them around. It's not the lightest stroller in the world, but definitely packs a ton of features into every ounce. Pricey, but if you can spare it, you'll never regret the money you spent.

Black & Decker BDASL202 AIRSWIVEL Ultra Light Weight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Black & Decker BDASL202 AIRSWIVEL Ultra Light Weight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Price: $61.79
5 used & new from $59.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good vacuum if you have no pets and live in a carpetless closet, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
OK, let's start with the upside. The Black & Decker Airswivel is certainly a light machine. I have back issues, so the lighter, the better when it comes to vacuums. This is very easy to maneuver and doesn't make my back scream in pain with pushing it around. The price is reasonable, too, if you have bare floors, no pets, and live in studio.

None of these apply to me. I tried vacuuming the kitchen where we have a small rug under the table that's a pet hair magnet. The B&D worked OK on the bare sections of the floor, but it started humming dramatically when it hit the carpet. I vacuum this thing every other day just to keep the bails of dog hair at bay, so it's not like I was expecting a lightweight vacuum to do heavy duty.

Frankly, it didn't matter what I expected, it just stopped picking up. After 45 minutes of cleaning out hoses, I tried again. Worked OK til it hit the carpet, then same thing. This carpet is 5 ft. x 7 ft. If I used tweezers to pick up the hair, I could've cleaned it faster than the amount of time I spent babying this vacuum.

It's lightweight and if your vacuuming needs are lightweight, you found your appliance. But do you have a carpet or a pet, and better things to do than take apart a B&D vacuum? There are better vacuums out there (and B&D makes some of them!)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2016 7:02 AM PDT

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Everyday Damask Kitchen Tablecloth For Dinner Parties, Summer & Outdoor Picnics - 60x120" Seats 10 to 12 People, Tango Red
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, rich red design in a traditional (yet slightly edgy) pattern, April 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Red's an accent color in my home, but trying to find just the right shade of red is always a bother. DII's tablecloth isn't just the perfect shade of red; it's the perfect traditional design with a modern edge that fits my decor perfectly.

The tablecloth is well made. I always wash fabric items before use, and this washed and dried perfectly with no noticeable shrinkage. Went on the table in a flash, and no ironing! (I also took it out when it was a tad damp and 'hand' ironed it. I try to avoid ironing at all costs!)

Very pretty tablecloth, and reasonably priced. You can't do better!

Vichy Neovadiol Replenishing Care Moisturizer, 1.69 fl. oz.
Vichy Neovadiol Replenishing Care Moisturizer, 1.69 fl. oz.
Price: $55.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant moisturizer, but not so sure about the 'anti-menopause' skin claims, April 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Vichy is a brand of long standing, and generally speaking, makes nice skincare products. If you're looking for a moisturizer that does what you need it to do, this would do the trick.

The brand claims that this has some kind of firming ability for skin sagging due to age and menopause, but either my skin's not that far gone, or I just don't see the result. It has a pleasant fragrance (to ME, because I like strongly fragranced products; if you don't, this won't be your cupppa), sinks easily and quickly into your dermis, and doesn't have a greasy feel.

I like glass jarred products, but many don't, concerned as they are that active ingredients in jars fall apart quickly, or become contaminated from sticking your fingers in them. I have a big supply of small plastic spatulas, so product spoilage isn't an issue for me.

I don't see any ingredients in this that have wowed me, but on the other hand, I haven't experienced any distress from Vichy's proprietary ingredients either. (My skin is pretty normal and pretty impervious; if you have sensitive skin, you might want to think twice.)

This is pricey for what it is, but I've spent more and gotten much less on other brands. It's a good moisturizer, but I'm not prepared to go along with the 'menopause' benefit claims. Need soft skin and money's not an issue? This will work for you.

Caterpillar Men's Instigator Bomber, Black, X-Large
Caterpillar Men's Instigator Bomber, Black, X-Large
Offered by BareBones WorkWear
Price: $71.79

5.0 out of 5 stars So superb, it almost makes you wish it were winter again!, April 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband's got a crap ton of jackets for outdoors and outdoor work, and he numbers some of the best in his wardrobe. That's why when he got the Caterpillar bomber jacket in the mail, he was so impressed by it, even I was shocked. It is one heckuva NICE, well made jacket!

It's got a comfortable fit, pockets for everything, a ton of zippers, and this nifty black and white design that makes it subtly stand out from the other dozen black outdoor jackets he owns. The hood is superb, easy to use and tuck away, and the fasteners around the wrist are easy to manipulate. The lining is superb, as is the filler used inside the quilting. It's comfortable and WARM.

We're just getting into spring now (finally!), but this jacket is SO nice, it almost made my husband wish we're just heading into winter (almost.) In any event, when the cold wind blows, he will be ready for it, and in style. He can't recommend this jacket highly enough for the warmth, quality and wear; I can't recommend it highly enough for how great it looks!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20