Profile for Katy Lake > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 898

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Katy Lake RSS Feed (The People's Republic of New Jersey)
(VINE VOICE)

Price: $22.95
12 used & new from $21.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Issues if you're on a Mac, August 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like another Mac owner, I found this impossible to use. The lack of a utility to easily connect this to a Mac just makes it useless. I only spent two hours trying to figure this out; the other Mac owner who also had issues with it had an entire day invested in it! He's a bigger man than me; I simply don't have the time if it's apparent it's not going to work.

The manufacturer did connect with that reviewer, so maybe there's a way out. I will try to do the same, but this just shouldn't be this hard to set up.

Coastal Salt & Soul Blissful Body Butter - Ocean Gardenia - 6.8 oz
Coastal Salt & Soul Blissful Body Butter - Ocean Gardenia - 6.8 oz
Offered by Tansu
Price: $45.00
2 used & new from $45.00

4.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING body butter, made by a very odd company, August 2, 2015
I've had a strange history with the Coastal Salt & Soul brand. I received samples of this last year to do product testing, and I absolutely loved all of it - but I adored the body butter in this scent. Just adored it.

Now when a company is going to introduce a product to the market, you'd think that they'd WANT people to buy it. I never saw a company like this one in my life. Emails, Facebook probes, even phone calls, all ignored. Me: "When will you be selling it?" Them: "Uhhhh...." Me: "Where will I be able to buy it?" Them: "Ummmm...."

The company is uber artsy-fartsy (though to give them credit, many of their things are beautiful.) I just thought they were trying to make this super exclusive, so that you had to go to a high end story in Manhattan to have a snooty saleswoman decide if she deigned to sell it to you.

Imagine my surprise when I tripped over this on Amazon. Hmmm, snooty, eh? I didn't care. I was going to buy it on Amazon initially, because there were several sellers who were selling it at a good, discounted price. Well, apparently they slumming on Amazon, but not when it came to the PRICE. The initial sellers and their good prices disappeared, and all we've got now are the high end price. Hmmm.

Oh, what the heck, I loved the body butter, so I figured I'd go for it (and I did, but not here. I found the discount sales folks, and bought it for a third less.)

Now to the product: it is probably the best body butter I've ever used. The scent is utterly unique...it kind of smells like a combination of beach campfire and sea air (yeah, that sounds strange, but this really isn't like any other scent I've ever smelled. it's totally addictive.) The body butter sinks into your skin and moisturizes it for an entire day. Come back in 24 hours, and your skin will feel like you just put it on.

Oh, and the frosted glass jar it comes in is gorgeous. The top looks like whitewashed driftwood. The box is also amazing - like I said, whoever does the art for this company has excellent taste. The body butter is amazing stuff, but the entire presentation of it in the jar and the box makes it a gift you'd be thrilled to give to anyone you adore. It really is that good.

And that's the other thing that gets me. This body butter IS worth the price they're asking (but of course, who pays full price if they don't have to?) What I don't get is why there are so many suspicious reviews on this. So many reviews from people all in the middle of July, many of them having reviewed nothing BUT this body butter (oh, and the other scent - so why are they reviewing both? They spent $90 on two jars of body butter??) And not one that I've seen actually BOUGHT the body butter from Amazon.

You usually get the scammy reviews from dubious sellers with inferior products. This body butter is absolute top of the line. I don't get why they would NEED to sham it. Like I said, it's a really weird company that just happens to make a great product. If you're a skincare junkie like me, you'll be thrilled. It's a five star product, with one off for the exceptional weirdness of the company that makes it.

P.S. One other thing: they make a luxurious bar of soap; again, one of the nicest bars of soap I've ever used. It's also being sold on Amazon, and it's also incredibly expensive at two bars for $24; if you google around, you can find it for a lot less (it only comes in two-bar boxes, one bar with this scent, and the peony one.)

DII 100% Polyester, Machine Washable, Tonal Bordered Fabric Tablecloth, 60 x 120", White, Seats 10 to 12 People
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $35.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful tablecloth that's even better with a plastic cover, August 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know what the trouble is with some of these reviews. I LOVE this tablecloth! I got the ecru/beige tonal one, and I think it's grand. Very attractive, the detail is definitely there, and the price is OK for what it is. (I sometimes think the people who price stuff at Amazon sit in a back room with a bong and dream this stuff up.)

My only issue is that it is a bit thin. I don't expect much from a modern tablecloth at this price point; this one is certainly nicer than ones I've seen in Target or BB&B. But being that this is such a light color, I use one of my mother's tricks to salvaging a tablecloth: I have a soft plastic cover that goes right on top. You can hardly see it, so the 'tacky' is at a minimum. What it does do, part. if you have kids, is mean your tablecloth can make it through a meal without looking like the banner you flew in a war you lost.

I'd recommend this (I'd also recommend the soft plastic cover, too, but then, that's how tacky ol' me rolls.)

Nerf Dog Squeak Rubbber Ball Dog Toy, Medium/Large, Green
Nerf Dog Squeak Rubbber Ball Dog Toy, Medium/Large, Green
Price: $14.17
4 used & new from $6.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Great squeak toy for a big dog, August 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a great toy! My dog is a rescue, and one thing we've been teaching her is how to play. She adores this ball, which is amazing since she's never shown an interest in any other balls before. I think it's the squeak thing that does it. You never can find squeak toys for bigger dogs with strong teeth; my fear with a dog like mine is that if she decides to go after a squeak toy, she'll shred it in seconds and swallow it - which explains why we're lacking those type of doggy noise makers. This ball is a good size, like the size of a soft ball. It's firm, but not so firm that she can't grab it and 'squeak' it, but it does require some work which is a good thing. She has to work for the fun!

If you have a bigger dog, I highly recommend this.

Horizon Organic Super Squeeze Pouch, Mixed Berry Burst, 4 Count (Pack of 6)
Horizon Organic Super Squeeze Pouch, Mixed Berry Burst, 4 Count (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes MUCH better refrigerated!, August 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
No one who tried this was overwhelmed with the taste. My son said it's a cross between warm yogurt and a milkshake. So we put them in the fridge and had him try them again when they were cold. He said the taste was greatly improved, but he'd probably pick almost any other snack over this.

It's a shame, since it does use organic milk and one of the pouches holds a respectable amount of protein. I get that the whole pouch gizmo is for convenience, and I'm not one to complain about minor bits of litter, but this seems like an awful lot of packaging for a small amount of liquid.

Like I said, it's OK. I don't know what the price is (I can imagine it's not cheap, with all the packaging all for four little pouches.) Maybe the other flavors are tastier. As for now, this isn't a huge hit, but I get where it can be a useful snack to have around the house or when you're on the go with small kids.

The Honest Kitchen Limited Ingredient Fish & Coconut Grain Free Dog Food, 4 lb
The Honest Kitchen Limited Ingredient Fish & Coconut Grain Free Dog Food, 4 lb
Price: $56.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Best food ever for picky or sick pups, July 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Before my last dog passed away, she had been having issues keeping her food down, and when she did keep it down, she was having problems with how the food was interacting with her system. My vet recommended two pet foods that would agree with her, and one of them was Honest Kitchen. My dog loved it so much she managed to pick up her ailing body to eating, something she didn't do with any other food. I can honestly say that the kibble made a difference in the quality of the life she had left.

Now with a new (rescue) dog, I've fed her only the best quality food I could afford. I'm glad to say she's now having a try at Honest Kitchen, and so far, she loves it. the food is easy to prepare (add warm water, wait three minutes for it to redyrate, and voila! Dinner!) It has a good, healthy scent to it, and my dog adores it.

Again, though, the only problem I can ever see that Honest Kitchen has had is the price. I'd give this to the pooch every day if it wasn't so expensive (and say what you want, I can give her less food to give her better food and she'll whine like I'm stringing her up by the paws. This is a dog that NEEDS her snacks!) If I get a raise or win the lottery, I'll definitely move my dog to Honest Kitchen permanently. If you have the cash and a dog who is ill, I do recommend this food. It did wonders for my last dog.

Organic Rosehip Seed Oil - 100% Pure & Unrefined Virgin Oil - Natural Moisturizer for Face, Skin, Hair, Stretch Marks, Scars, Wrinkles & Fine Lines - Omega 6, Vitamin A & C - InstaNatural - 4 OZ
Offered by Instanatural LLC
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, basic moisturizer that does what you want it to do (and nothing you don't!), July 28, 2015
This is a pretty impressive moisturizer. I've been trying to 'go organic' with at least some of my skin care products (since so many of them are uber scientific, and that's a lotta science battling around for a small bit of facial skin.) I just need a straight out moisturizer, and I thought I'd give this rosehip oil a try. My skin is normal for the most part, but it can get a little dry in some places, and a tad oily in the T-zone. My skin also is NOT sensitive, so please adjust what I say to your own situation.

I just needed a straight-out moisturizer without any frills (as I said, I have so many other things I layer on my skin that I'm already doing triple duty in most areas of skin care management.) This oil absorbs easily and it's incredibly non greasy. I used over my entire face, and it interestingly seemed to moisturize the dry parts and not grease up the oily-ish ones. That's quite a thing for a facial oil!

I adore that it has a pump. It just makes it so easy to use, and when you're doin gall these things in the morning to get ready for work, it's great that the manufacturer makes it so easy to use their product without a huge hassle. I had zero negative experiences with this, but then, as I said, my skin isn't sensitive.

What I like, too, is how long this is going to last. A pump or two and your face, neck and cleavage are all taken care of. Great moisturizer; I thoroughly recommend it. (I received this item at a discount in exchange for my fair and unbiased review.)

Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - 4.23 Oz Powerful Scrub Brightens, Exfoliates and Cleanses Gently with Instant Results for Soft, Smooth and Radiant Skin - Enriched with Papaya, Professional Microcrystals and Aloe - 100% Paraben Free, 100% Vegan, 99% Natural - Get Bright, Beautiful Skin Instantly!
Offered by Vasanti Cosmetics
Price: $34.00
2 used & new from $34.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best scrub out there for the over-40s, July 28, 2015
Face masks and scrubs are among my favorite beauty products. I'll pretty much try anything (and I have!), but no matter what I try, I always come back to Vasanti's Brighten Up! scrub. You get the best bang for your buck with this scrub. It just works, period.

My face is smooth and soft, and the scrub isn't too harsh (I like robust scrubs, but then, my skin isn't delicate.) What I do after I engage in the scurb is let the whole thing sit on my face for 5 to 10 minutes to take advantage of the ezymatic action. (Someone with more sensitive skin might want to hold it at the three minute mark.) I then rinse and behold pristine skin.

Right now i have a three packet sample of Glamglow's Flashmud, which promises to brighten. I love the smell of it, but I pretty much guarantee, when the sample is used up, I'll be back to Vasanti. It's about the best scrub there is, all things considered.

Lumo Lift - Posture Coach and Activity Tracker
Lumo Lift - Posture Coach and Activity Tracker
Price: $79.99
29 used & new from $57.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Really works if bad posture is one of your issues, July 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was brought up by a mother who insisted on good posture. Any slumping in a chair would bring a quick smack between my shoulder blades: "Sit up straight!" Lumo Lift's constant reminder about my crappy posture is rather like having a digital mother who keeps whacking you for your bad habits.

The company blames just about everything including thermonuclear war and global warming on bad posture. (I'm kidding - but not by much.) Here's an example: "Your posture affects everything from your health, appearance, communication, mood and even productivity." Then then go on to blame bad posture on lost productivity, missing work, company failure, etc. And here I just thought my slumped shoulders made my hemline look crooked. Who knew it had so repercussive effects?

The device is synced a smartphone app. You wear it below your collarbone, so when you start slumping, it whacks...errr, vibrates...to let you know to SIT UP STRAIGHT! (Sorry, I had a Mom Moment there.) You can also use this as a tracker for how much activity you're engaging in, like how many steps you take, etc.

There are ways to calibrate the device that has a learning curve. The device keeps track of your posture to let you know how you're doing. Getting it to work just say takes a bit of investigation (you want this done right so you get the appropriate amount of posture reminders; too many, and you're going to want to throw it out the window; too few and the device is useless.)

I really do think, if bad posture's an issue, that this device can do a lot to help correct it if you're willing to put in the time and energy to make it work. It's a good idea for people who didn't spend their childhoods being constantly reminded to 'stand up straight1"

Milk Baby Bath Time Wash, Natural Allergy-Free, 12 Fluid Ounce
Milk Baby Bath Time Wash, Natural Allergy-Free, 12 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Club Nutra
Price: $17.95
3 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional wash for baby or the sensitive-skinned, July 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have sensitive skin, it's always a good idea to check out baby washes. They're usually toned down enough not to cause any allergy issues. Milk Baby Bath Time is a wonderful wash. The smell is exceptionally nice, rather floral, and it makes a good amount of suds. The other nice thing is that it washes off easily and leaves no film. All you get is sweet, clean-smelling skin, like what you'd want for your baby (or for anyone with super sensitive skin.) I'd recommend this!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20