Profile for Katy Lake > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 678

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Katy Lake RSS Feed (The People's Republic of New Jersey)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Chemical Guys - JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)
Chemical Guys - JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)
Price: $33.11
5 used & new from $33.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product for preserving the life of your car finish, December 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Of all the car products my husband lavishes on our vehicles, there is none he raves about quite as much as JetSeal. Starting with a totally clean surface, he spends 20 minutes and then doesn't have to worry about the finish for months!

Dirt simply doesn't stick to the car. A good rainstorm will practically clean your vehicle (OK, not really, but you get my drift.) Car washing is a breeze with a JetSeal finish: it takes minutes, and your car looks brand new.

Totally worth the price and the small investment in time if you love your vehicle like my husband does his.

Stanley Guppy 5-Inch Blunt Tip Scissor, Assorted Colors - Pack of 2 (SCI5BT-2PK)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of scissors with all kinds of uses, December 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Don't let anyone tell you these scissors are just for kids! They are perfect for putting any place in the house where you can use a pair: the garage, the shed, the bathroom (when manicure scissors won't due), or my favorite, the laundry room. I frequently use scissors to trim off stray threads or to cut open a box to get the last bit of detergent out.

Stanley's Guppy scissors worked like a charm. The only big diff is that, because they are kid's scissors, they have no pointed end. I didn't find that to be a problem with my use of them in cutting boxes.

The other thing you should know is they ARE sharp. I wouldn't be giving them to really litttle kids. For older ones, yes.

And the best is the price. $6 for a pair of scissors shipped w/Prime! Bargain!

The Girl from Human Street: Ghosts of Memory in a Jewish Family
The Girl from Human Street: Ghosts of Memory in a Jewish Family
by Roger Cohen
Price: $20.48

3.0 out of 5 stars A book that should've been good, December 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wish I could've like "The Girl from Human Street" a lot more than I did. I'm very interested in Holocaust literature, even though that's not the center of Roger Cohen's book.That would be his mother, June, and her seemingly endless bouts with mental illness and suicide attempts.

All I kept doing was pitying anyone who has to live with someone who is always threatening suicide. It has to be the most emotionally draining experience in creation.

I was initially intrigued with Cohen's family roots in South Africa. The gist, I believe, is that liberal Jews lived very well in South Africa at the expense of apartheid. It would seem to be obvious that Jews were better off in Johannesburg than in, say, Berlin in 1942, but with Cohen, it's unclear.

He spends so much of the book jumping around with his enormous cast of characters, from place to place and time to time. You really need a referee or an addendum to keep up with the lack of coherence. This is apparently a literary trope; combine it with Cohen's artsy purple prose, and you have a book that is a huge tease. You get interested in a few pages, then suddenly Cohen slaps you across the face, shifts the date and the location, moves the people around, throws in italics (cause it's not confusing enough), and now you have to flip back and forth, trying to figure out where the story is now.

Damned shame. I'd love to read a straightforward book about the Jewish presence in South Africa in WW2. This book would be the opposite of that.

Roxio Creator NXT 3
Roxio Creator NXT 3
Price: $85.23
13 used & new from $83.66

1.0 out of 5 stars A lesson in frustration, December 16, 2014
This review is from: Roxio Creator NXT 3 (Software)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wasn't surprised that I'm the only one having problems installing this. The manual is on the disk, so no help THERE. Try to install it and wait. And wait. And wait. And then when it's done, nothing. Doesn't boot. And no help, cause the help you need is on the program that won't run!

I had to uninstall another program to put this monster on. Total frustration!

N.B. Another user who went through the Facebook route (and got nowhere from the company) said another user told him to click "no" to updates, and that made it work. If I have the patience, I may try that. Otherwise, this is going to be lining my trashcan.

Schiff Calcium Carbonate Plus Magnesium with Vitamin D3 800 IU, Calcium Supplement, 90 Count
Price: $5.84
38 used & new from $5.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Good supplement, but why are the softgels so big??, December 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Schiff makes good quality products, but I don't think I could recommend these pills. They're freaking huge! Even as a softgel, you're going to be gulping a lot of water, getting these down your gullet. And you'll be doing it three times a day - you need to take three of these to get 1200 mg of calcium (and it's not calcium citrate, which is the most bio-available form of calcium.)

I do like that magnesium, boron, and D-3 are added to the pills, but is that why they're so big?? God help you if you take a lot of vitamins, like I do! It starts to feel like a real job!

Viva Labs Prenatal DHA - 500mg, 180 softgels
Viva Labs Prenatal DHA - 500mg, 180 softgels
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably some of the best prenatals on the market, December 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Absolutely love these softgels! They're easy to swallow, with no aftertaste. I take prenatals because of the fabulous job they do on my hair, skin and nails - it's like an extra dose of wonderful if you're looking to ramp up your natural assets. Viva's prenatal vitamins are definitely in the top tier of prenatal vitamins, and I've taken just about all of them out there.

Definitely recommend!

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser, 6.75 fl. oz.
Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser, 6.75 fl. oz.
Price: $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh-smelling cleanser that doesn't strip the skin, December 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Juice Beauty just makes nice products. Their Clearing Cleanser has a pleasant scent, it's mild and doesn't strip skin, but still does a fabulous job of lifting excess pour-clogging oil from the skin. Your skin feels clean and fresh, but not tight and dry.

Wonderful cleanser!

Cesar Home Delights Beef Stew Flavor Wet Food Tray for Small Dogs, 3.5-Ounce, 24-Pack
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog's in love! I often add a tablespoon of wet food ..., December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dog's in love! I often add a tablespoon of wet food to her kibble to entice her to eat it (she loves everything BUT kibble, no matter the brand.) A tablespoon of Cesar Beef Stew made her vacuum up the kibble in record time!

The foil top makes it easy to keep for the few days it takes to use it up. For the pet parent, the scent of the food won't make you pass out. It definitely doesn't smell like Black Beauty wound up in your dog's food!

I'd recommend for the finicky canine.

100% Pure Honey Almond Nourishing Body Cream 8 oz
100% Pure Honey Almond Nourishing Body Cream 8 oz
Offered by Best-Beauty-Products
Price: $15.83
11 used & new from $11.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Reeks of fake Stella D'oro almond biscotti, December 10, 2014
I'm always looking for a nice-smelling moisturizer. This one was NOT it.

Maybe it's the sample I got - the all-natural stuff CAN go bad, since it has no preservatives - but this was seriously one of the worst smelling moisturizers I've ever tried.

When I initially tried it, I was initially reminded of Stella D'oro Almond Biscotti, but that was only for a moment. Almond biscotti, generally speaking, doesn't smell FAKE. And this moisturizer's odor smells very, very fake. Blecch!

I wish someone would tell me what the urge is for people to want to smell like food. I totally don't get that, but if you were inclined towards almonds, you'd do better to tuck a pair of biscotti behind your ears rather than slather this mess on.

Do yourself a favor: pass on it.

Schiff Glucosamine 2000 mg Coated Tablets - 150 Ea
Schiff Glucosamine 2000 mg Coated Tablets - 150 Ea
Offered by Lynn Haynie
Price: $7.00
42 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good supplements at the right price, December 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Schiff is an excellent manufacturer. Their glucosamine tablets work great: the price is right and the pills aren't horse-sized so you won't choke on them. I buy these for my husband and myself, and they're the best I've tried. I'd recommend them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20