Profile for Katy Lake > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 559

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Katy Lake RSS Feed (The People's Republic of New Jersey)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
John Frieda Radiant Red Colour Protecting Shampoo, 8.45 Ounces (Pack of 2)
John Frieda Radiant Red Colour Protecting Shampoo, 8.45 Ounces (Pack of 2)
Price: $4.97
9 used & new from $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for brunette hair with red highlights, too!, September 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've tried color enhancing shampoos before, and either they are hard to use (i.e., they don't foam up and actually clean your hair), or they are hard to use (leave on your hair half an hour?? Nothing like having a rapidly cooling mop of wet hair on your head!)

John Frieda's Radiant Red is definitely different. Easy to use, gives a brilliant shine, and enhances color with little mess or inconvenience. My hair is brunette, but I add dark red highlights to it. This shampoo makes my hair shine like glass and the red highlights just gleam. It's almost better than a retouch!

I definitely recommend. This is the best color enhancing shampoo I've ever used (and I've pretty much tried them all.)

Tomcat Mouse Killer III (Kid Resistant Refillable Mouse Bait Station, Box w/ 4 Bait Blocks) - Not Sold in AK
Offered by BIC Warehouse
Price: $6.36
17 used & new from $3.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for that time of the year..., September 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
when the little mouse critters start heading indoors. Tomcat is an excellent brand. I love these bait stations because they keep the poison inside, and keep the mess to a minimum. When we first had an infestation several years ago, we had a professional come and leave bait traps at a cost of $300. Ouch!

Two years ago, when the critters returned, we bought Tomcat bait stations, which looked remarkably like the ones the professionals use. And that ended that - no more mice! Worked perfectly, and kept the poison out of range of kids and pets.

The price is reasonable, and they work. If you hear that scratching and see the 'evidence' that mice have moved in. get Tomcat. It just works.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance LIT Mini Jumpin' Stix Chicken Formula with Glucosamine and Chondroitin Semi-Moist Dog Treat
Price: $11.92
6 used & new from $5.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for small dogs!, September 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We adopted a rescue dog who is definitely not small! Her breed, Norwegian Elkhound, has a definite tendency to get fat (must be anticipating those Arctic nights.) My dog has a thing for chicken - it's the only time she raids the trash can, when there is chicken anything to be had (and why all chicken bones go into the outside trash, pronto!)

My dog is in heaven with the Natural Balance Jumpin Stix in the chicken flavor. We use them for training,and nothing, but nothing, gets her attention like these treats. She adores them,and we have her absolutely undivided attention!

The small size makes it easy to reward her and not bulk her up. If you have a bigger dog and you worry about weight gain, a tasty treat like this is PERFECT. Just the right size for a quick reward (or two, if you break them up), great flavor, and a limit on weight gain. What's not to love? These are rescue dog approved!

Samsung LEVEL In-ear Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
Samsung LEVEL In-ear Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $119.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great comfort and sound quality for an iphone, September 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never been a fan of ear buds. I use headsets mostly for talking on my iphone, and it's always a chore to find them, try to fit them in my ears, all the while as a caller is waiting until I set up the 'system.' My biggest complaint, aside from how long it takes to put the buds in, is how they hurt. If you don't want them falling out, you have to opt for tight, and after a spell, they just ache.

Samsung's LEVEL headset has solved at least one of those problems. The variety of ear bud inserts included with the kit means you will find a combo that fits your ears well. I truly appreciate that!

I don't listen to tunes as much as others; what I want in a headset is good reception, no reverb, and for the caller to hear me clearly. I can report that the LEVEL headset performs those functions well. If your primary use for this device is to talk on your cell phone, you will be pleased with the sound quality and how callers can easily hear you.

I was impressed. Definitely the best in-ear headset for an iphone I've ever used.

On the neg side, it certainly IS expensive. Since I'm never in the market for an in-ear device, I couldn't say how oher models stack up, but I'd be shocked if someone hasn't made an in-ear headset that i more competetively priced - hence, the four instead of five stars.

But if money is no object you'll be VERY pleased with the Samsung LEVEL. I recommend (esp. if you won the lottery!)

Natural Balance Ingredient Treats Sweet Potato and Chicken Meal Dental Chews for Medium to Large Dogs, 13-Ounce
Price: $18.69
13 used & new from $13.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Chewy, substantial treat for a dog who deserves to be pampered, September 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a new rescue dog who spent her life until I got her popping out litters for a backyard breeder. This is a dog who is learning how to be a dog and enjoy life. Everything is a revelation to her (she never ate anything but cheap kibble) - the concept of a dog chew is a total novelty. And something that's actually natural and good for her? Unheard of!

You'd think a dog like this would just vacuum up everything you gave her, but not so. I think it's sensory overload; she's only beginning to realize that there's more to life than living in a chicken wire cage. She's turned up her nose at other treats my previous dog have loved. I didn't think that a chew using sweet potato and chicken would hold any appeal.

Happily, I was wrong. My dog ADORES these! They're thick, solid, have a nice smell, and they lasted way longer than I anticipated. A huge win!

Definitely a good idea, esp. for a dog who deserves some pampering. I'm definitely putting these on my 'must buy' list.

Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment Rash Spray, 3.5 Ounce
Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment Rash Spray, 3.5 Ounce
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent spray that works fast, September 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Diaper rash hurts, and slathering on zinc oxide to stem the pain causes more pain. I was amazed that no one had thought of a zinc oxide spray before! For the most tender, delicate areas, just a quick spray, a few seconds to let it dry, and the problem is solved. No mess, no fuss, and most importantly, no pain on application! Brilliant idea!

Why not five stars? Well, it has a horrible smell - but then, if you aim it and spray it fast, then rediaper, both you and baby are spared the stench. It might be stinky, but it's worth the few seconds for the quick diaper rash relief it gives. Highly recommend!

Garden of Life Kind Organics Prenatal Multivitamin, 180 Organic Tablets
Garden of Life Kind Organics Prenatal Multivitamin, 180 Organic Tablets
Price: $47.29
14 used & new from $43.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Three VERY big pills a day...!, September 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like a lot of women, I take various vitamin formulation for my hair, skin, and nails. A close friend swears by prenatal vitamins, so these are a first for me.

The good news is these are so natural, you'll feel like you're grazing in a meadow. It's no lie that they organic. They even smell grassy! If you're expecting and you're concerned about how the vitamins you take are manufactured, you can rest easy with the Garden of Life organics vitamins.

The one issue, which is a huge one, is the size of these pills. I'm a vitamin fiend; I take them for everything, and even I have never seen pills THIS big. If you have any trouble swallowing big pills, you may want to rethink this purchase. And it's not just that the pills are big, but that the daily requirement is THREE pills a day. Whoa! Take note that the 180 pills will not last you long at three a day, and these are NOT inexpensive vitamins.

I managed to take them twice a day for a month, and I have to admit, it was an effort. On the up side, I did drink more water in the past few weeks than I have in my life - that's how much liquid you need to wash them down.

These pills replaced my usual hair/skin/nails vitamins, which are very good. I had no fallout, no bad effects from the replacement, so that mean that they really do work well. But if you have any issues with choking down a horse-sized pill, you may want to keep looking for an organic prenatal in a more manageable size.

Barilla Pasta Sauce Variety Pack, 24 Ounce Jars, 4 Count
Barilla Pasta Sauce Variety Pack, 24 Ounce Jars, 4 Count
Price: $21.00
4 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good! (And this is from an Italian!), September 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm of 100 percent Itaian descent, and the one thing we never, ever, ever do is use jarred sauce (or 'gravy,' as Tony Soprano and my relative say.) The truth is that it's relatively easy and fast to make a decent pasta sauce for weeknight dinners. So with those two provisos in hand, I've never used any sauce that didn't come from my handiwork or one of my relatives.

I was going to pass on the Barilla pack, but I hesitated. I really like their pasta; it doesn't go to mush the way other do, and it has a firm texture that stands up and a hearty taste. I figured, if it's bad, I can just dump it.

I was very pleasantly surprised, and kind of shocked. The regular sauce is really pretty good! No, it's not like mine, but then, what is until I go into patenting my own recipe? It has a good taste, something along the lines of what I might find in the taste of sauces from my favorite pizzeria. The basil sauce, on the other hand, came very close to a summer sauce I make myself - now that was a real shocker!

I'm amazed that jarried pasta sauces have gotten this good! I'll keep making my own (which is a LOT cheaper than buying it readymade), but if taste is your only consideration, you're going to LIKE Barilla!

Biota Botanicals Bioxsine Series Shampoo for Thinning Hair for Normal and Dry Hair, 10.1 Fluid Ounce
Price: $8.49
9 used & new from $8.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely scented addition to the 'stop hair loss' shampoo dept., September 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Shampoos for thinning hair, for some weird reason, always seem to have a chemical smell. Biota Botanicals is entirely different. It looks goopy, but the scent is light and pleasant.

The shampoo foams up nicely and rinses cleanly. While it's on your head, you are to let it sit for a few minutes so it can do its job of helping you retain those errant hairs. I've had to do this before with other shampoos (time passes MUCH more slowly with a headful of rapidly-cooling shampoo suds!) That's to give it a fighting chance.

So far, I'm please with the Biota line. Only time will tell to see if its claims for helping stop hair loss is accurate; meanwhile, it's a good shampoo that doesn't hurt and may actually help. (I will update this in a month to see how well the hair issue is resolved.)

BRIM SW30 Size-Wise Programmable Coffee Station
BRIM SW30 Size-Wise Programmable Coffee Station
Price: $57.60

4.0 out of 5 stars If I was going to switch, this would be the machine I'd pick, September 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm one of those coffee nuts you read about. I've ground my own beans in a burr grinder for years. I even know how to roast green beans. I use unbleached filters. Years ago I bought a Cuisinart coffemaker, and I've been so satisfied with it that I've repurchased it when the first device went kaput. I never thought I'd ever look at another coffeemaker again.

The Brim Size-Wise coffeemaker, though, is making me rethink that vow. Like the Cuisinart, it's a tall machine faced in stainless steel. It has the same issues with filling the reservoir (and if you're familiar with how difficult that is to do with the Cuisinart, you can see why filling the Brim is no problem for me!) It brews a nice cup of coffee quickly, but what I like best is that you can use it to fill your on-the-go mug. Imagine, a coffeemaker that does both full pots and single cups, and does them both well!

My only quibble is that the carafe only does eight cups. We're BIG coffee drinkers in this house - the Cuisinart 12 cupper is more our speed for coffee consumption. But all things being equal, this is a well-priced machine that can stand up for brewers that are twice the price. If you like being able to make a full pot of java, but want to make the occasional single cup, this is a great place to invest your coffee brewing buck. I'd recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20