Profile for Katy Lake > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 863

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Katy Lake RSS Feed (The People's Republic of New Jersey)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Belkin Pocket Sleeve for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (Blue)
Belkin Pocket Sleeve for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (Blue)
Price: $34.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if all you're carrying is the Surface Pro and nothing else, July 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm really on the fence about this sleeve. I'm normally a fan of Belkin products (well made stuff at a good price), but this sleeve doesn't seem quite up to par. It's fashioned to be as aerodynamic as possible; the problem is that keyboards are lumpy. Anything that isn't the Surface Pro makes the thing look lumpy, and like an overweight woman in spandex, it's not a pretty sight.

I like the stylus holder, and the zip section is a thoughtful touch. The royal blue's a nice color, definitely a good departure from boring black. It's just that if you expect this to be attractive wit the addition of a keyboard, you're going to be disappointed. Yeah, I know that sounds shallow, but if you're paying $35 for a sleeve, you have a right to expect sleek and pretty as part of the price tag.

Silk'n SN-001 FaceFx Anti-Aging LED Handheld Facial Device
Silk'n SN-001 FaceFx Anti-Aging LED Handheld Facial Device
Price: $130.55
8 used & new from $120.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for neck and chest, but takes work, July 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like to follow new trends in beauty, and about a year ago, I picked up Illumask, a red light anti-aging device that looks like the mask Jason wore in Friday the 13th. It cost about $30 ($20 on sale) and it works for 30 uses (you can apparently restart it with instructions on Youtube, but I never tried.) I was very pleasantly surprised by the change in the texture of my skin with it. My favorite thing about it, like all things beauty, is that you don't have to DO anything. You put it on your face, lean back, and relax for the 15 minutes it takes for a treatment. Neat.

Silk'n's FaceFx is promising. I had no problem at all using it, cause I totally get the 'red light' thing which works on my skin. The problem, and one of the good things, is that this requires work. The head of the device isn't large, so how long should you be holding it in one area? You never know how long 15 minutes can feel until you've held something up to your face and waited. And waited. With your eye on the clock.

I fear, though, because of the effort involved in simply holding this thing, I'm not going to use it as much as a Jason mask that requires I close my eyes and do nothing. What I do like Silk'n for is use on the neck and chest; that makes sense (I don't think I'd want to see the mask they'd need to cover that part of your anatomy; it'd look like a suit of white plastic armor.)

So I'd recommend Silk'n for those body parts that need some anti-aging love and aren't treatable with a mask. But for the beauty slug in us all, I'm sticking with Illumask. Sitting still and closing my eyes for 15 minutes? Yeah, that I can do.

NEW WHEY LIQ PROTN 42g FP 12/
NEW WHEY LIQ PROTN 42g FP 12/
Offered by Nutricity
Price: $39.65
9 used & new from $39.65

3.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could love this, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's got a nice amount of protein, works great for my diet. But the taste...oh, the taste. There's no way you can kill it, and I've tried. My best advice is to put it in the freezer before you drink it, til it's just this side of a slush and gulp it down. The protein is great, the flavor, uh, not.

Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer, Green Tea Oil, 10oz
Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer, Green Tea Oil, 10oz
Price: $6.84

5.0 out of 5 stars New way to moisturize, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've always put moisturizer on wet skin (particularly my legs), because as you air dry, it locks the moisture in. Jergens came out with a great product that takes advantage of that idea and takes it a step further.

The lotion has a pleasant scent, and when you put it on your wet skin, it does a great job of skin softening. The nice bonus and the improvement is that the moisturizing really lasts. The next day my skin is as soft as when I first put the lotion on.

I'm really loving this. The excellent price makes this a true keeper.

Hampton Sun Sunless Tanning Mist, 5 Ounce
Hampton Sun Sunless Tanning Mist, 5 Ounce
Price: $36.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually looks like the real thing, June 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first encounter with Hampton Sun, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. The spray goes on nicely (once you get the hang of it), and the tan that develops is a nice color that actually LOOKS like a tan, not like orange Kool Aide. It has a pleasant, fresh smell, something I've never had the pleasure of with a tanning spray.

The only downside is the price. I got two legs out of this, and from the feel, there seems to be enough for one, maybe two more sessions. That's a pricey tan!

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable Oversized Fleur De Lis Jacquard Dishtowel, Set of 3
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful towels - here's how to increase their absorbency, June 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have gotten lots of textile products from India, and many of them are lovely. The thing is, that even though they're all cotton, they frequently put some kind of finish on them that hinders their absorbency. I didn't notice this because I always wash everything first before I use it. If you try these towels out of the plastic wrapper, it's going to be like trying to dry dishes with plastic wrap.

What I do is to use white vinegar in the rinse. The vinegar helps soften up the cotton fiber and eliminates that finishing that keeps the towels from absorbing water. You'll also notice the towels, after several washes with a white vinegar rinse, will begin to bulk up as the cotton relaxes. (And one other thing, although I'm sure everyone knows this: never use fabric softener on anything you want to be water absorbent!)

My original review:

Wow, finally a good buy on Amazon! These towels are phenomenal....they're attractive for display, they're a generous size, they absorb water like a sponge (which is what good 100 percent cotton towels should do), and they're being sold at a bargain price. I'm so impressed with them I'm going to buy two more sets and replenish my shoddy kitchen towel drawer with these babies. At a little over $4 each as of this writing, they are a steal! Stock up!

Black + Decker P300S 5-Minute Pizza Oven and Snack Maker, Silver
Black + Decker P300S 5-Minute Pizza Oven and Snack Maker, Silver
Price: $134.82
4 used & new from $106.61

2.0 out of 5 stars You better LOVE pizza, cause this doesn't do anything but pizza, June 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After having this pizza oven for several weeks, I've come to the conclusion its a good buy if you LOVE (and I mean LOVE) frozen pizza, and you have a kitchen the size of the Super Bowl For the Black & Decker pizza oven gets as hot as a furnace and then incinerates your pizza if you aren't careful, and it's not good for much else. Well, maybe if you have a ton of kitchen space and no idea what to put on it, this is a great item. It's huge for what it does. My kitchen would be the opposite of huge.

The best thing I can say about this is that it's an attractive unit. Otherwise, it's doomed to spend eternity in the box. I don't like pizza so much as to give up my precious countertop real estate for an appliance that gets hot as Hades and does exactly one thing: make pizza super crispy whether you want it that way or not.

Pass.

Clairol  Natural Instincts Crema Keratina Hair Color Kit, Chocolate Brown 5BZ Chocolate Creme
Clairol Natural Instincts Crema Keratina Hair Color Kit, Chocolate Brown 5BZ Chocolate Creme
Price: $6.47
6 used & new from $6.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Well price and pretty at-home hair coloring, June 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a natural brunette who has been battling the onset of greys for some time. I prefer coloring that gradually washes out, since it doesn't leave the dreaded 'line of demarkation' - that is, roots - on your hair as it grows out. It's much easier to get away with another week or two (or three!) if hair coloring fades gradually, rather than if it brightly clings to your hair with a death grip.

Clairol's Natural Instincts Crema line is very good in that respect. Color is vivid enough and pretty, but the gradual fading makes it still look nice. In fact, the only reason you'll need to redo your color is because your hair has grown so much, it's impossible to hide the grey anymore. The color in the body of your hair will still hold relatively true and not depart so much as to reveal your grey-covering secret.

And best yet, the price is more than affordable. Good idea to stock up on a color you like, and you'll be set for quick touch ups when you need them, which won't be nearly as often as you might with other brands and colorings.

OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES for Samsung Galaxy S6 - Retail Packaging  - Black
OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES for Samsung Galaxy S6 - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $31.94
10 used & new from $26.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Body armor for your phone, June 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Are you tough on your phones? Do you have terrible luck when it comes to protecting and preserving your electronic devices, especially the new and expensive ones you just purchased and can't wait to enjoy using? Then welcome to my world, fellow consumer. The only things that die in bizarre, tragic mishaps more frequently than my new phones are the Kennedys. Fortunately, there is a company out there that understands us: OtterBox. The OtterBox Defender is like body armor for your phone. It's the closest thing you can come to giving your Galaxy S6 a Secret Service detail, and let's face it, even that didn't work for JFK.

The case has some pros and cons, but most of the cons aren't really cons, per se, they're results of deliberate design choices implemented to make your phone as tough as an M1 tank. The case is black polymer and has a tough, modern look. It has a nice fit and finish; the S6 slides perfectly into this mobile safe room. Obviously, the case has to be quite large to fit the phone, and it does have a bit of a bulky, heavy feel because of this. It's hard to think of this as a negative when it's simply a result of the size of the phone, itself. The phone also has a fairly robust belt clip in case you want to wear the phone on your waist.

This case--like the S6 itself--isn't for everyone, but if you work in a rough environment, are outdoors a lot, or are just a klutz like me, the OtterBox Defender is definitely worth your consideration.

Coffee-mate Coffee Creamer, Hazelnut Table-Top Pump Bottle, 625ml, 21.1 Ounce (Pack of 3)
Price: $26.16
2 used & new from $26.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a tasty, occasional treat, June 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's really hard not to like Coffee-mate's Hazelnut creamer. It has just the right amount of sweetness and the right balance of hazelnut flavor. The dispenser is a nifty touch, but if you're expecting a huge splash, you'll be surprised. It dispenses in needle-thin doses, so you have to keep pumping until your hand bleeds to get a good dose.

I'm pretty sure that this is also isn't made with, let us say, natural ingredients (the fact you're warned not to refrigerate it is a good tip off.) So as long as we're going for 'tasty but not wholesome,' I wish this came in a low calorie version. I can feel the sugar rotting my teeth (which of course doesn't stop me from using it, it really is THAT good!)

So for all that, I'd recommend it. Just not on a regular basis.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20