Profile for Katy Lake > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 833

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Katy Lake RSS Feed (The People's Republic of New Jersey)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Microsoft Surface 3 Composite Case, Black
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Microsoft Surface 3 Composite Case, Black
Price: $66.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Armor for your tablet, June 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you ever had the horror of dropping your tablet and dealing with the fallout, you'll never have that problem again (unless you drop it from an airplane, then you're on your own.)

This is one impressive case. It feels so techy and it's so solid, I really doubt there's be much you could do to destroy the case or your tablet. It does add a bit of weight to the tablet, and the keyboard as well (which forms part of the protection.) I don't have a problem with that. I don't need a table that weighs as much as a sheet of paper if that means that it's not adequately protected.

The kickstand is another joy. There are a variety of tablets in this household, and I've never had a case yet where the mechanism to move the device to landscape or vertical mode was as solid as this. It simply doesn't move. It doesn't fall over. You really have to work to make it fall, and if it does, the tablet's protected.

You also have easy access to ports, and nothing interferes with your ability to use the touchscreen. I'm really so pleased with this, I can't recommend it highly enough. It's a worthwhile accessory for protecting your tablet investment. It's worth the added weight and the price.

Stainless Steel Coffee Travel Mug with BONUS Cleaning Cloth From Kerro OutletsTM
Offered by Kerro Outlets™
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Definite design improvements over older stainless travel mugs, May 31, 2015
I've had a stainless travel mug for eons, and it probably was about time to replace it. This mug is an excellent example of how a simple idea has been improved on in the years since my trusty travel mug has been dinged and dented.

Both are the same size, and both are made of stainless. That's pretty much where the similarity ends. This mug has a screw-on top with a silicone-type washer. This means that the liquid you have inside is not going anywhere! My old mug had a snap on top, and it was only after years of learning to juggle and keep it upright that (most) coffee stayed inside it. So that's a huge bonus right there.

The second is the mechanism by which you access the coffee. This has a top that is on a hinge. It securely moves up and down, and fastens on the container top. When you want to keep the coffee hot, it snaps shut and doesn't budge. My old mug had a sliding thing that kind of worked, but if you tilted the container, the coffee would spill out. This will never happen with this mug!

Another good point is that the bottom is rubberized to keep the container from easily sliding on any surfaces you might put it on.

Now the downside if you're a slug like me. The directions say this container is not dishwasher-safe. To be honest, the bottom stainless part looks like it could easily withstand the top rack of a dishwasher. The plastic top probably could as well, EXCEPT for the silicone washer ring. You can take that off, but the problem with that is you may damage it in the process or stretch it out, and that would defeat its purpose of keeping the fluid inside your container. My best suggestion would be to wash the stainless container on the top rack of your dishwasher and handwash the plastic top.

One other thing that amused me is that it comes with a microfiber cloth. This mug is made in China, so I'm not sure if a stainless travel mug is a prized possession over there that they want to keep shining it up (I like my travel mug, but not THAT much.) The cloth comes in a nice little plastic envelope with a flap. I don't know how well it does in polishing the mug, but it was phenomenal in getting the smudges off my glasses! That baby's going in my glass case.

This mug is also very well priced. I can tell you that when I bought my original mug a LONG time ago, it was $12. For a few dollars more, you are getting a much better designed holder for your morning java, one where you stand an excellent chance of keeping the coffee in the container where it belongs!

LifeProof iPhone 6 Case - Nuud Series - Night Dive Blue (Dark Gray/Dark Blue )
LifeProof iPhone 6 Case - Nuud Series - Night Dive Blue (Dark Gray/Dark Blue )
Price: $80.31
3 used & new from $76.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality case with a fatal flaw, May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have no plans to go deep-sea diving with my iphone, but for ordinary encounters most people have with water (outside of anything involving a boat), the Nudd case will perform beyond your expectations. What I like of it is the look and feel, and the solidity that comes with a case that is going to protect your tech investment.

All well and good, but the iphone IS a phone, and that's where the Nudd case is an epic fail. You need to be able to hear people, and they have to be able to hear you. Even with the volume at max, it's impossible to hear much. And it gets real old real quick when callers keep saying, "What? I can't hear you!" Let's not even talk about what it does to music when you're on a headset.

I love this case (three stars for beauty and solidity), but it makes the phone function of an iphone impossible. If there's a way to fix this, I'd be first in line to use it again. It's such a shame, because this is a quality case with a fatal flaw.

OZ Naturals - The BEST Face Scrub Exfoliator - This Facial Scrub Contains Lactic Acid, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Bamboo & Pro Vitamin B5 For An Incredible Face Exfoliating Scrub - You Won't Find A More Effective Face Exfoliator For That Healthy Youthful Glow - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Offered by OZ Naturals
Price: $31.95
2 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Results comparable to Exfolikate. Really., May 30, 2015
Of all the things I can do to improve my skin, I have to admit the fastest and most dramatic changes come with exfoliants. I'm the queen of exfoliators; I've probably tried every product, low to high end, on the market.

Probably my favorite exfoliant of all time is Kate Somerville's Exfolikate. Those of you who have had the chance to use it probably know how good it is, and instantaneous the results are. You're probably also aware it's not cheap, but then that's the price of a good exfoliant. Or so I thought.

I have to admit that OZ Naturals Rice Enzyme scrub truly gives Exfolikate a run for the money. It absolutely resurfaces the skin, and dare I say it, less harshly than Exfolikate. Now my skin isn't sensitive for the most part. I'm OK with a harsher scrub. But what amazes me is how much less time and less stress to the skin the OZ rice enzyme scrub is, and the result is unmistakeably as good.

I'm still pretty floored that something that's a third of the price can perform the way this rice enzyme scrub can. I still have a full tube of Exfolikate, but the truth is, when it's gone, I think I found its replacement.

(I received this product to test in exchange for my unbiased review.)

KitchenAid KCLI30CRCC Streamline Cast Iron 3-Quart Casserole Cookware - Curacao Blue
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the most beautiful and useful pot I own, May 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm pretty new to cast iron cookware. I purchased a 7-quart enameled cast iron Cuisinart Dutch oven, and I'm still learing the ins and out of it. But at half the size, the KitchenAid cast iron casserole is, in a word, beautiful. The color is unlike anything I've ever seen, cookware or no. It's a rare thing when you just want to LOOK at a casserole dish, but after I had deboxed this and given it a wash, I sat it on my stainless steel stove just to drink in how lovely it is in color and design.

But when it comes to cast iron cookery, I learned more from the KitchenAid casserole dish than the Cuisinart Dutch oven. This is a perfect size for small dinners: chicken breasts, cauliflower casseroles, and all manner of rice dishes. It heats perfectly and EVENLY (something I can't say so far about the Cuisinart pot.) It also cleans like a dream; again, something I can't say about its Cuisinart competitor.

I was so freaked out about cleaning these pots, about rust and what can happen if you don't do it right. I honestly cleaned a baked-on casserole recipe out of this dish in half the time it took to clean the bigger pot, and that dish wasn't burned! (The burning was my fault, not the KitchenAid's!)

I am so delighted by this dish I'm going to make my next cast iron investment a KitchenAid. For beauty, for design, for ease of use, for doing everything cast iron does well, and doing it even better, KitchenAid deserves the highest applause!

Nature's Miracle Allergen Blocker Air and Surface Spray 32 oz. (NM-5438)
Nature's Miracle Allergen Blocker Air and Surface Spray 32 oz. (NM-5438)
Price: $11.71
9 used & new from $11.52

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to know what this actually does, May 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like Nature's Miracle products, but this allergen blocker frankly has me stumped. You spray it in the air or on fabrics? What is it supposed to do? Tamp down pet dander? Neutralize it?

If you have a pet, you have dander. Some people are very allegic to it. It means that you're going to be spending a lot of time dusting and vacuuming, which is the tradition, labor-consuming way of pet dander elimination. I thought the Nature's Miracle spray might be a new improvement in that area.

It smells nice. It's not offenisve or overpowering. I'm just at a loss at what it's supposed to be doing. It just smells like another version of Fabreeze. I haven't noticed any diminution in pet dander.

I'm willing to finish this bottle to see if there's something I'm missing. If there's a change, I'll report back, but the way things are going, I doubt this will be on my purchase list.

LeapFrog LeapTV Educational Gaming System
LeapFrog LeapTV Educational Gaming System
Offered by Ocean Reef Electronics
Price: $83.99
81 used & new from $41.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect youngster gaming system for child and parent alike, May 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you're on a budget but you want to get your youngster into gaming with educational benefits, Leap Frog's LeapTV is the system you need. The set-up is simple, and the system is ready for fun in no time at all. Young kids with their incredible genius for learning new technologies can master the details in no time at all. The games included with this package are entertaining and fun, and keep youngster involved for hours.

I'd highly recommend this, esp. if you wait for a sale. The price here is good, but sales are frequent so keep a lookout.

New Chapter Perfect Postnatal Multivitamin Tablet, 48 Count
New Chapter Perfect Postnatal Multivitamin Tablet, 48 Count
Price: $17.39
8 used & new from $17.37

3.0 out of 5 stars Good formula, just expensive for what it is, May 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I take post natal vitamins because of the boost they give to hair and nails, as well as the added energy. New Chapter's brand is very good; my only qualm, and it's a small one from a long-time vitamin taker, is the dosing of three vitamins to create a single dose. That makes this an expensive proposition, given that there are only 48 pills in the bottle I received. That makes the cost about as high as a targeted multivitamin can get.

But if you have cash to burn, it's a great postnatal vitamin formulation.

Ortho RTS Weed B Gon Weed Killer for St. Augustinegrass 32 oz (Sold in select Southern states)
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $6.92

2.0 out of 5 stars Weeds look like I sprayed them with Miracle Gro, May 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have several areas on the perimeter of our property that are total weed festivals. No matter what you do, they're back. I was glad to give Ortho's product a crack at killing those weeds. Usually when you apply a weed-killing product, it works by the next day. You can usually seeing wilting pretty immediately.

It's been three days. It looks like I sprayed the weeds with fertilizer; they are nowhere near dead, and look as thriving as ever.

I'm going to try a second dose today and I'll report back - but I'm not holding out much hope.

Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Midwest Mix, 3-Pound (Not Sold in CA, LA)
Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Midwest Mix, 3-Pound (Not Sold in CA, LA)
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best grass seed for patchy, bald areas, May 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one great grass seed! I don't think I've ever had seed germinate so quickly, and it looks healthy, green and thick. Very easy to use; we reseeded a backyard area that's notorious for not holding onto grass and for thin patches and bald spots. I'm just blown away with how good this is working! Totally recommend!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20