Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Katy Lake > Reviews

Browse

Katy Lake's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1262

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Katy Lake RSS Feed (The People's Republic of New Jersey)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ortho Bed Bug and Flea Killer, 16 oz
Ortho Bed Bug and Flea Killer, 16 oz
Price: $12.72
8 used & new from $8.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Kills the little buggers dead!, May 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We had several dogs, but none has been a flea magnet like this one. Wash her all you want, she eventually sneaks some of her fellow travellers in the house, and then it's time to de-flea. Ortho's bug bomb is amazing! Works fast and with a tolerable odor, and definitely gets rid of the little buggers once and for all! Recommend!

Power Reference Manual for the Electrical and Computer PE Exam  Second Edition, New Edition
Power Reference Manual for the Electrical and Computer PE Exam Second Edition, New Edition
by John A. Camara PE
Price: $281.80
21 used & new from $200.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference manual, May 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Massive reference manual and workbook for anyone in the electrical field, and for those sitting for the PE. This latest edition is chock full of charts, graphs and info, this book will be in constant use in your practice long after the exam is over. Highly recommend.

Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Hand Vacuum
Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Hand Vacuum
Offered by Entegron
Price: $72.50
4 used & new from $46.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good cordless handheld vacuum (just don't compare it to a corded version), May 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my third Bissell Pet Hair Eraser model. One of its predecessors was a corded version, the other cordless. Let me compare this to both. First, it is MUCH better than its uncorded ancestors. Picks up hair better, has fewer clogs, a seemingly bigger refuse compartment, and definitely more power. It also lasts longer between recharges.

But comparing both to the corded variety? No comparison. I still use the corded Pet Hair Eraser, which is several years old, and it just doesn't quit. While this newer uncorded model is much better than the previous incarnation, neither is a match for the corded version.

So with that out of the way, let me say that this cordless vacuum has some strengths. One is that it is particularly good for getting hair off upholstery, both in the house and in the car. I'm impressed with how it handles dog hair. It's nice not to have to drag out the extension cord to do a thorough job of cleaning up the car between pet haulings!

For the price and the improvements over the previous cordless version, I'd highly recommend this. Just don't compare it to a corded model, and you're good to go.

boscia Charcoal Deep-Pore Cleansing Stick Treatment by BOSCIA
boscia Charcoal Deep-Pore Cleansing Stick Treatment by BOSCIA
Offered by Customer Driven
Price: $49.95
4 used & new from $43.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, non-stripping pore cleanser; just shop AROUND before you pay twice the price!, May 25, 2016
I've been on a Boscia kick as of late, and one of the first products I purchased was the deep pore cleansing stick (anything that promises to shrink and vacuum pores is always high on my skincare list.)

This is a nice product, and absolutely perfect for travel. I actually like it more than Boscia's warming cleanser. Very easy to use: swivel up the stick a centimeter and apply to dampened skin. There's minimal lather with the stick, but it really does do a good job of cleansing without stripping.

The complaints I've seen with the stick is that it can get mushy. It's easy to see why. The cap screws on, it doesn't snap on and off, so if you seal it up while the stick is still wet, you're eventually going to have a gushy mess. To alleviate that problem, I shake the stick off after I use it, then leave it out for at least 20 minutes while I go about my other beauty routine chores. The stick is pretty well dry by the time I put the cap on. This way, the stick is as useful and dry as it was the day I bought it.

The only other problem I can see, at least here, is the PRICE. Unless you have NO ability to buy this at Sephora, or even at Boscia's website, I'd avoid buying it here. The price is almost double!

Skagen Men's SKW6172 Holst Analog Quartz Silver Watch
Skagen Men's SKW6172 Holst Analog Quartz Silver Watch
Price: $165.00
2 used & new from $165.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Skagen men's watches aren't just for the man in the family, May 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've got four Skagen watches in our household, and none of them are specifically for women. You'd think my husband's the watch wearer, but it's me who is in love with Skagen watches - all in the big sizes, thank you.

These are thin, elegant watches that are large-ish, but not huge. Women can wear them with ease. I got my first large Skagen almost 20 years ago, and it's still going strong.

This one is similar to my original in the stainless mesh band. The face on this, though, is more complex, and a deep grey/black - works great with my wardrobe. I layer a sterling link bracelet over it, and it looks great (just in case you're a woman who is afraid this is too 'mannish' - it isn't.)

The watch is easy to set and adjust, as is the band. You can google directions for it, because the directions that come with the watch aren't exactly clear. It's very easy, though, to adjust. Once you see how simple it is, like me, you'll never need to look at it again.

I'm thrilled to add this to my Skagen collection.

Grund Organic Cotton Bath Rug, Namo Series, 21-Inch by 34-Inch, White
Grund Organic Cotton Bath Rug, Namo Series, 21-Inch by 34-Inch, White
Offered by Right Start
Price: $37.99
4 used & new from $37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure spa-like luxury!, May 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When you really start getting into spa-ing (that's turning your home bathroom into a spalike oasis), it's addictive. Every little detail, down to the crystal knobs on the vanity, and the mercury glass vase, has to be just so. After reading about Grund's efforts with their organic cotton bath rug, I thought this might be a good fit.

I was right. This rug is pure luxury. The size is nice and roomy, and stepping on it after a good, long soak is pure heaven. Very plush, but practical, too: the rug is non-slip, and the organic cotton soaks up water like a thirsty man in a dessert. The white is the perfect compliment to my remodeled bathroom. It also washes like a dream, and is none the worse for wear.

Granted, there are less expensive bathroom rugs, and ones that cost more, but for the price and quality, few could beat this rug. I absolutely adore it, and I'm definitely adding at least one more so I can make sure I have a Grund rug in the bathroom while the other is in the wash.

If you love your bathroom time, you'll want to add this rug to your spa repertoire.

essie 2016 Slick Oil Paints, Indigo To The Gallery, 0.46 fl. oz.
essie 2016 Slick Oil Paints, Indigo To The Gallery, 0.46 fl. oz.
Price: $8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Indigo to the Gallery and Over the Moon = two heavenly polishes!, May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is something entirely new for Essie, the creation of an entire set of polishes meant to be swirled together. I'm not big into nail art, but the truth is is that this is very easy to do with this set (even though they didn't include any instrument, even a cuticle stick, to use for the swirling effect.)

I'd say it's a shame, but the entire set of polishes is so good, it almost makes up for it. All three colored polishes are almost one-coaters; they dry quickly with a slightly metallic sheen. My favorite is the 'base' color, Indigo to the Gallery, a beautiful medium blue. The trick with the nail art is the top coat, Over the Moon. It's a slightly pearlescent finish that does the most amazing things to these polishes. It turned the deep blue polish into something even more spectacular! I have a ton of top coats, and I've never seen anything like it!

By the way, the finish on these polishes is spectacular; I did my nails in the Indigo with the top coat, and they have withstood an entire week of very hard wear on my hands with absolutely no sign of flaking or chipping.

If you aren't into nail art, I'd still recommend purchasing Indigo to the Gallary and Over the Moon - the first, because it's one of the prettiest blues I've ever seen, but the topcoat is a must-have. It doesn't just provide protection to the polish. It amps up the color beyond the next level!

NUTRO Wild Frontier Rolling Meadows Recipe Grain Free Lamb Dry Dog Food 4 Pounds
Price: $18.98
7 used & new from $15.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch dog kibble from a quality brand, May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nutro was one of three dog foods my vet recommended years ago, when I was on my first rescue dog. It's been a brand that's been a staple in our house, and their new Wild Frontier kibble is just another excellent addition. Nice sized chunks, pleasant smell, and a ton of protein. My pooch is wild about it.

Definitely a higher quality food. In my experience, raising your dog on a good, healthy kibble not only keeps them healthy and happy, but it reduces the problems that arise as your pet ages. I notice with grain-free products, my dog has zero problems with itching and other issues that can come from grain sensitivies.

It's nice for her, and in the long run, way more cost effective for me (minus the endless vet trips and meds to stop itching.) I'd definitely recommend it.

Thrustmaster Y-350X 7.1 Powered DOOM Edition for Xbox One and WINDOWS
Thrustmaster Y-350X 7.1 Powered DOOM Edition for Xbox One and WINDOWS
Price: $149.99
4 used & new from $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars No better headphones for the gamer, May 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm assuming the quality of these headphones is excellent. That's because I gave them to my son for a tryout, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since. He's enthralled by the sound experience of these headphones - better than anything he's had (and he's had some top quality equipment.)

The headphones give the impression of being some massive technology - very substantial on the head. Yet they are remarkably lightweight and comfortable with memory foam in all the right places. While they have a really cool look, the sound's the thing, and according to my son, they're amazing. Crisp, deep, clear sound, making the game all the more realistic and fun.

The only quibble is the mic boom. It doesn't swing out of the way when not in use; it has to be manually detached, which, for a slob like my son, can be a problem when he wants to use it again. He's considering tethering it to the Clapper, which in his room may be the only way to find it!

All in all, great headphones. You can't go wrong with you're a DOOM enthusiast.

essie Summer 2016 Collection Nail Polish, Berried Treasure, 0.46 fl. oz.
essie Summer 2016 Collection Nail Polish, Berried Treasure, 0.46 fl. oz.
Price: $8.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb summer polish (especially for Essie!), May 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Essie is really upping its game as of late. This new polish from the summer 2016 collection is almost a one coater - almost. Goes on easy, no streaks, settles well without the cuticle overrun. Vivid but not garish, the color is a perfect shade for the warm weather. It last five days on fingernails without a chip (that's two coats.) Perfection on toenails!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20