Profile for sam > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sam RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
ASUS Zenbook UX305FA-ASM1 13.3-Inch Ultra-Slim Aluminum Laptop, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD
Price: $699.00
17 used & new from $699.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, especially for the price., March 19, 2015
My thoughts on the Zenbook ux305:

Pros:
- Thin and light
- Keyboard is most excellent
- Screen is bright and great quality
- No fan noise
- I haven't noticed any surprising performance issues. I'd read some complaints about it being slow but haven't felt this myself.
- I haven't noticed any hot spots like some reviews have mentioned. I've noticed it more with other normal laptops. This was surprising as well.

Cons:
- The screen comes with a sticker on it. This is just dumb. It left no residue but was just annoying.
- The color is misleading. It says it is black. The pictures make it look black. The one I got is NOT black. The outer shell is close to black. The keys are black... but the rest of the inside is more like some kind of super dark eggplant color. I've seen differing product photos on the web... and let me be clear, the inside of the device does not look like the product photos -- it is NOT black. It still looks nice, but is misleading.
- The power button is just a plain old key on the keyboard and is in the spot where the delete key should be. If you accidentally press it the computer goes to sleep.
- You have to use a function key to access the page up, page down, home and end keys. These are keys I use frequently so I find it annoying.

Overall its a really solid ultrabook, I love it. Just has a few minor quirks to get used to. I'd buy it again. Biggest disappointment for me was the fact that it isn't actually black like the pictures and description, but I am happy with it and the way it looks nonetheless. I recommend it and think it is well worth the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2015 7:46 PM PDT

Amazon Protective Leather Cover for Kindle Voyage, Black
Amazon Protective Leather Cover for Kindle Voyage, Black
Price: $59.99
19 used & new from $47.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Best standard Kindle cover thus far!, October 26, 2014
I've owned or used nearly every version of Kindle e-reader since the 1st generation and have seen all of the "standard" covers. The cover for the Paperwhite was what I thought was the best, but my new favorite is easily the Origami cover for the Voyage.

The 2 things that stood out to me about the cover before I actually got it were the price (too expensive), and the fact that it looks a little funny (the origami part). Once I actually got it, the most surprising thing initially was that it flips over to open like a notepad.

I still feel like it's too expensive and looks a little funny, but overall I'm very pleased with it.
Pros:
- It's not just a cover. It makes it more comfortable to read in a variety of different positions. This is huge.
* You can flip the cover back and hold it like you would any other kindle, but the fact that the cover folds in certain places makes for more flexibility with how you hold it. Think of holding a magazine, for instance, compared to a hardcover book. Both are fine, but there are more ways to hold a magazine comfortably because it folds/"rolls" up. Maybe not the best comparison but it works.
* You can use the origami part like a stand... it works vertically or horizontally, so you can have it propped up while laying down which works great. If you're sitting up, even without a table, you can rest the stand at various angles on a pillow, your leg, etc for hands free reading (except for turning pages)

Some reviews have had negative things to say because it doesn't open like a book. My response would be: it doesn't open like a book because it's not a book. It's better than a book. It's more comfortable to hold and use than a book. Embrace the change.

- It's really easy to remove the Voyage from the case. It attaches with magnets and attaches/detaches without a ton of effort. This is a huge improvement over the well-reviewed standard Paperwhite case -- the Paperwhite almost felt like you had to break it to remove it from that case. This is not like that AT ALL.

Cons:
- Expensive. I got the leather one, it's $60 which is almost as expensive as the lowest end Kindle. The leather doesn't strike me as being premium quality or anything, feels similar to the Paperwhite cover. If I were going to buy another cover, I'd look at a non-leather version as I'm not sure it is worth the premium.
- Heavy. It weighs 4.8 ounces. The wifi Voyage is 6.3 ounces... so the case almost doubles the weight.

I think the pros far outweigh the cons... When reading with an ereader, comfort while using the device is huge and not to be understated. The fact is, the origami case makes it more comfortable to read. The weight of the case isn't a big deal because the case allows you to read in lots of ways where you won't even have to physically hold the device, and because it's also so easy to remove the Voyage from the cover while you're reading if you choose.

It's the best Kindle case thus far and I hope Amazon continues to come out with Origami style cases for future ereaders.

Amazon Kindle Voyage with Special Offers, Wi-Fi
Amazon Kindle Voyage with Special Offers, Wi-Fi
Price: $199.00

2,521 of 2,609 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Almost like Paperwhite v1 all over again, October 22, 2014
I've got mixed feelings on this one, unfortunately. This review is coming from a kindle enthusiast who has owned or used nearly every variation of the device since the 1st generation.

Size & Weight
---
It's noticeably smaller and lighter than the Paperwhite. When I saw the specs it didn't really strike me as something that would make much difference to me, but in real life it's actually great. The Voyage fits into a few of my coat pockets that the Paperwhite was just a little too big to fit into.

Origami Cover
---
I know there's a separate product page for the origami cover, but it's worth mentioning here as it is the "official" cover. The origami cover is ugly and I was skeptical, but I actually love it. It's weird because it opens by flipping over the top like a notepad. This actually makes it more comfortable to hold when the cover is open, in my opinion. It's hard to describe, but there are a lot more ways to hold the Voyage when it's attached to this cover, and just generally is more comfortable to use. The origami part of the case works great as well... it stands vertically or horizontally (if you're laying down and reading, this is amazing).

The other great new thing about this case is that the Voyage attaches to it magnetically. It attaches and detaches very easily, unlike the Paperwhite which seemed to be nearly permanently attached to the standard case. This is great because if you decide you want to read the device and appreciate how light/thin it is without a case attached, it's super easy to take it out.

It's pricey but worth it.

PagePress
---
One of the new features is PagePress, which has sensors on the outer edge of the device that you can squeeze to turn pages. The device lets you adjust the sensitivity between low/med/high -- by default it's set to medium. I found medium to require squeezing way too hard, what felt unnatural and more than any button would or should require to advance to the next page. I adjusted it to "low" and it works perfectly now. Thumb rests on the sensor, and a gentle squeeze advances the page, and haptic feedback (a tiny vibration/buzz) is there to give you a tactile response that the so-called button was pressed. The haptic feedback can be adjusted (low/med/high)or disabled as well. It doesn't trigger accidentally like I feared it might, and I actually really like it.

Auto Brightness
---
The device now has a light sensor in the top left corner that is supposed to detect ambient light levels and adjust the brightness of the Kindle accordingly. I've had very mixed results with this. First, auto brightness is disabled on the device by default -- which seems odd given that it's one of the key new features of the device. The auto brightness worked very briefly when I first got the device, but it always seemed to be a little off from how I would like the screen to look. In lit rooms, it tended to be a little on the darker side, and in dark rooms it was too bright.

Well, shortly after using the Voyage the auto brightness quit working altogether. I restarted the device a few times with no luck. After contacting support, they asked me to proceed with a factory reset. It's worked again since then, but doesn't leave me with a ton of confidence since it started acting up so quickly after getting the device.

Screen
---
I've seen the reports online of users who have a "two toned" screen -- blueish on the bottom, yellowish on the top. I'm afraid to say that I have experienced this as well. Spending upwards of $200 for a luxury ereader, it's really surprising and disappointing that they haven't got this figured out by now -- this is supposed to be a premium device and it's the 3rd generation frontlit reader for amazon. This is reminiscent of the Paperwhite V1 launch with all of the splotchy lighting -- while it was a huge leap over the prior generation, you expect something like this to work perfectly. It doesn't.

The Paperwhite V1 had splotchy lighting, Paperwhite V2 was supposed to have "improved" lighting -- which it did, but still wasn't perfect (mine still had some bright spots)... but to be honest, the lighting on my Paperwhite V2 looks better and more consistent than the Voyage. It's unfortunate that this is a step back. I hope this isn't a widespread issue, but I fear that it is after seeing numerous users on other forums posting about it and sharing pictures of their device. It'll be a shame if the only upgrade next year will be a Voyage V2 with "improved lighting", just like what happened with the Paperwhite. I'll be more skeptical about being an early adopter next time.

Aside from the uneven lighting, which I can't decide how distracting it is, the contrast and picture quality of the screen is outstanding. When I compare the text from my Paperwhite V2 to the Voyage side-by-side, the text on the Paperwhite almost looks blurry -- which I wouldn't have believed until I saw it myself.

In conclusion, my favorite things about the Voyage are how much more comfortable it is to use (the origami cover offering more ways to hold/use the device, the pagepress sensor working great), the quality of the screen is outstanding, but the uneven lighting and flakey auto brightness are leaving me disappointed. I'm not sure if these were rushed out too quickly or if Amazon has poor quality control, but either way it's unacceptable.
Comment Comments (151) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2015 6:20 PM PDT

Braun Series 7-760cc Pulsonic Shaver System, Black and Silver
Braun Series 7-760cc Pulsonic Shaver System, Black and Silver
Price: $129.99
25 used & new from $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down the best electric shave I've ever had., April 14, 2012
My dad always used electric Norelco shavers. When it came time for me to get my first shaver, I went out to the store and bought a Remington foil shaver. It was awful, didn't work well for me at all. My dad told me I should have bought a Norelco. So I went and bought one, it worked great compared to the Remington, and I turned in to a Norelco believer. Been using them for 15 years now, and for the most part have been very satisfied. The Norelco's have always been very quick, quiet, and have done a passable job. I wouldn't say the shaves were great, but decent enough.

It wasn't until recently I was thinking about replacing the blades on mine, when I decided that I was curious what else was out there. My previous shaver was around $120, so definitely nice and above average, but not top-of-the-line. I decided I was going to splurge on a top-of-the-line electric shaver to see what it's like. It came down to this vs one of the Norelco 3d models. I wasn't sure if I wanted to try a foil shaver since my experience with the Remington was not ideal (though it was a cheapie and 15 years ago), but after doing some reading online, I decided to take a chance and try a different brand and different type of shaver.

Boy am I glad I did. My very first shave with this thing and it is shocking to me how smooth my face is. Never, not even when they were brand new, did either of my Norelco's shave this close. I genuinely can't tell the difference between the shave I got from the Braun and what I would get from an actual razor. It's really that good... I would argue that it's actually better just because of the convenience factor. It also doesn't struggle with hair on places like my neck, which the Norelco would take several passes to deal with.

So I guess with electric shavers it is different strokes for different folks, I was a norelco rotary fan and thought I would be for life, but very glad I decided to try something new because it turns out it is significantly better than what I was used to, and quite frankly, I don't see how it could get much better than this.

Thrustmaster VG V.I.P. Case for PlayStation Vita
Thrustmaster VG V.I.P. Case for PlayStation Vita

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, I'm happy with it, March 15, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is my 2nd vita case. The first one was the official travel pouch, which I didn't like for a variety of reasons -- too big, poor protection, etc.

I liked the idea of a hard case because I want to be able to throw it in my backpack/bag and not worry about other stuff crushing it. I worried about it with the other case.

This case is just big enough to fit the Vita. So if you want to fit other stuff in it, look elsewhere. The top of the case is matte black and feels kinda rubbery. The bottom is a glossy black plastic that looks/feels cheap. I wish the whole case was like the material they used on the top part. Really a minor complaint though. The vita fits perfectly into the case, there is no wiggle room, and there is a little tab you can pull on to help get it out of the case.

Overall I am happy with my purchase. I feel that it offers vastly superior protection to the other cases I've seen, I don't have to worry about the Vita getting smashed while in my bag, it's as compact as possible, and for the most part it doesn't look bad.

Ninja Kitchen System Pulse Blender with Free Cookbook - Model BL205
Ninja Kitchen System Pulse Blender with Free Cookbook - Model BL205

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is brilliant!, March 4, 2012
I've got a very small kitchen where space is valuable. Appliances have to really be great to stay. I have seen some infomercials for some of the Ninja products, which looked intriguing (and almost too good to be true), but never bought them. I was browsing at a store, trying to find a cheap, small, food processor because I didn't have one and needed it for a recipe. When I saw the Ninja Pulse, it stood out from the pack because it fit the bill as a food processor but also seemed to cover several other things I was interested in: single-serve blending, and making dough. I've got an Oster single-serve blender (one that blends directly in a to-go cup) that doesn't work very well, and I've been wanting a stand-mixer so I could make pizza dough but don't have the space for it. The Ninja Pulse seemed like it had potential to do a better job than some of my existing appliances and also cut down on the number of appliances I need to keep around. So I bought it.

First off, as a blender (particularly for the single-serve to-go cups) this thing is GREAT. Much more effective and faster than the Oster. It does a fabulous job turning ice into snow for tasty slushie drinks. A little tip: get some Soda syrups (I've been using syrup from my Sodastream which can be found at a lot of major retailers now) and blend with ice and alcohol for some AMAZING drinks! We've been mixing ice, cola syrup, rum, and a splash of lime or cherry liquour for the most delicious slushy adult drinks you can imagine. The texture and consistensy is perfect! Just blending up a couple of fresh oranges and ice is also super refreshing and healthy. Works great for smoothies, blending up fruit, etc. I don't have to try and fiddle around with it to get all the fruit to blend like with my Oster blender. So this knocked blending out of the park for me, next up is making pizza dough.

I previously would make pizza dough by hand... which is very tedious and time consuming... I've always wanted a stand-mixer, but don't have the space. The Ninja Pulse comes with a dough hook. I followed the included recipe (which was very easy), and it really blows my mind how quickly it makes a perfect ball of pizza dough. You activate the yeast in hot water for 10 minutes, pour it in the 40oz canister, add flour, sugar, salt, and oil... use the Pulse to mix it up, and within a couple minutes you've got a nice ball of dough. Let it rise for an hour or so and it's good to go. I've made it twice now and it's turned out really well!

We also tried making cookies with the included cookie paddle. This also worked well, but I will caution that most recipes we came across were too large to make with the 40oz container... so you'll need to cut the recipes down to make it fit. I bake cookies maybe once every couple years so I don't mind... the fact that it can make them at all is a bonus for me. Works well, just for smaller recipes. I've ended up ordering the Ninja Pulse cookbook (the one that came with mine only has a few pages, and no cookie recipes) but it hasn't come yet. That should remedy this problem, but just be aware if you want to follow other recipes they might need to be cut down to fit.

Overall I really am thrilled with my purchase. It does the job that 3 appliances would do for me, and I honestly don't feel like it under-performs at anything I've used it for. Really a quality appliance all around. I was skeptical after seeing the infomercials but am now a believer!

PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch
PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch
Offered by Insane Web Deals...Simply the Best Deals on the Web!
Price: $13.68
16 used & new from $5.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprised at all the 5 star reviews, February 23, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Just got my Vita yesterday and this was the case I picked. I was shocked at how big it is. You could easily fit 2 vita's in this case.

It's split in the middle with a divider. One side goes the vita, the other side goes a couple game cartridges and some accessories. The divider in the middle is kinda floppy and when I put my vita in the first time, the divider slid down a little bit and wasn't even covering the screen all the way... so I was worried if I had other stuff in there it might get scratched. The case itself is much larger than the vita and it isn't a snug fit -- the vita moves around in all directions. I shake the case and can feel the vita moving all around in it. And the padding isn't very thick.

I suppose it does a decent job of being something you can throw the vita in to take places, but to me, it's a fail and I'll be purchasing a different case (one that I can see in person first) for mine. If it were a little more snug so the vita wouldn't move around, and not thick enough to hold 2 systems, I would rate it 5 stars. As it stands I'm disappointed with my purchase and will find another case.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2012 7:33 AM PST

PlayStation Vita - Wifi
PlayStation Vita - Wifi
Offered by world-sellers
Price: $200.00
142 used & new from $109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one cool system!, February 22, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm somewhat of a Nintendo fanboy. With the exception of the game cube (which I never got), I've owned just about every major revision of every nintendo system ever released. For sony, all I ever had was the playstation 1 (no ps2, ps3, psp for me). For some reason I am just drawn to handheld systems and have always loved the offerings from nintendo. I've got a nice TV, but I just really like having the ability to play wherever I want. I absolutely loved the DS Lite, probably my favorite system ever, so I recently picked up the 3ds... as it turns out, the fun I've had with the 3ds is what ended up getting me sold on the vita.

There are already tons of reviews out there that focus on the specs of the vita... I'll skip most of that and try to compare to the 3ds.

Initial impressions on the vita:

Good:
- Seriously awesome looking/feeling. The 3ds is nice but there is no comparison, vita is in another league. I've only had the 3ds a couple months and the design flaws are already starting to show (i.e. the lines that appear on the top screen, which come from the ridge around the bottom screen when it closes). I've only had the vita a few hours but it is easy to feel the difference in quality.
- Screen is ridiculous. I've got an ipad 2 which I thought had an amazing screen, but the vita is insane. It's just so bright and vibrant, you can't hardly see the pixels. Unlike anything I've seen. The screen is almost as big as the entire 3ds! The 3d on the 3ds is really cool, and I honestly don't feel it is a gimmick, but the quality of the screen isn't that great and it has its own opportunities, particularly with viewing angles... I can only use 3d on the 3ds if I'm holding the system perfectly still in the "sweet spot". Not super practical.
- User interface is intuitive and pleasant to use. The interface on the 3ds is horrible, feels like it was pulled off of a 10 year old cell phone. The vita interface is fresh and doesn't feel dated.
- PSP games look great, and there's a huge library of them available for purchase now. Much more to choose from than the virtual console on 3ds. I get the impression that there's way more stuff in the store, whereas nintendo just trickles out a game here and there for the virtual console, there are hundreds of PSP games out there now.
- It has BUTTONS! I've been doing a lot of mobile gaming on the ipad 2 lately, and my god how I have missed having actual buttons. And dual analog sticks! The circle pad pro (adds a 2nd analog stick) for the 3ds, while functional, is one of the most ridiculous peripherals I have ever seen in my lifetime of gaming.
- Really solid launch titles. Rayman origins feels like the quality you'd get out of a mario platformer. Also has several other games announced that should keep momentum going (call of duty, final fantasy x, hopefully GTA is coming, etc). I'd argue that, at launch, it already has a library that gives the year-old 3ds library a run for its money. (Don't get me wrong, 3ds library has the edge currently, but I feel like that will change over the next year based on what's been announced and what I expect to happen)

Bad:
- OK, you could argue this isn't a "bad" thing, but the device is not really pocketable. Especially if it's in a case. I love the form factor when I'm playing though.
- Analog sticks are kinda low on the system and don't feel like they're quite at the perfect location.
- You have to peel up this little tab to take games out / put them in. I don't like it and it feels like it might break eventually. This is my only complaint about the hardware.
- Proprietary everything. Memory cards, charging cables, AC adapters, etc, and of course it is all expensive and overpriced.

The 3ds, along with every 1st generation handheld nintendo has ever relased, definitely feels right out of the box like it is not 100% complete, and has significant room to improve. For anyone who has bought the original gameboy advance (had a screen that was not even lit!), the original DS (ugly, clunky, horrible screens), etc... you know what I am talking about. When nintendo inevitably releases the 2nd version of the 3ds many of the complaints about the current system will likely be fixed. Who knows what is to come, but with their track record of releasing new versions of handheld systems over & over, I'd be shocked if there isn't a new 3ds in the next year. That might change everything.

I would argue that the vita has no such faults (like the 1st-generation nintendo systems) and doesn't feel like there is anything that can be significantly improved upon or "fixed" with a future revision of the device. To me, that is a big win over the 3ds. I'd only recommend the 1st generation 3ds to someone who is a die-hard nintendo fanboy. For anyone else I would recommend the vita.

Sodastream Fountain Jet Soda Maker Starter Kit
Sodastream Fountain Jet Soda Maker Starter Kit
Offered by Comfort 1st
Price: $79.99
26 used & new from $34.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great with few flaws, January 28, 2012
Pros:
- Very convenient, I love being able to make soda whenever I want with a wide variety of flavors.
- Reduces waste from plastic bottles.
- No more carrying 2-liter bottles of soda from the store.

Cons:
- Super cheap looking / feeling (flimsy plastic parts)
- 1 liter bottles are too small. Barely covers 3 glasses of soda. Would prefer if they were bigger.
- All of the flavors kinda taste "diet" in my opinion. I am a diet soda drinker so it doesn't bother me, but occasionally I like to drink a regular soda.

Fill with water, screw the bottle in, press a button a couple times and you've got carbonated water. Pour in a capful of syrup, and you've got soda. Super easy to use. I love the convenience and the reduction in waste because I'm not constantly having to recycle cans and bottles.

As far as taste goes, realistically, it's not as good as the big name-brand sodas from Coke and Pepsi. It's also not by any means bad, it's just a little different. I don't mind the fact that it is different, and after having it a few times I am used to it and see nothing to complain about. I just wouldn't want someone to think they are going to make a cola that tastes like like Coke. It doesn't.

I also don't really think there's much of a cost savings to be had by using this either. The soda you'll make here will cost about what you can get 2-liter bottles of name-brand soda for on sale. The only way you'd be saving money is if you routinely pay regular price for name-brand soda.

To me, the real benefit of this product is just the convenience of being able to make soda whenever you want, not having to lug 2-liter bottles of soda around, and eliminating waste. It's also kinda fun. Just don't expect to replicate Coke and Pepsi flavors, and don't necessarily expect to save money with it. I'm happy with my purchase and recommend it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2015 6:21 PM PDT

Nintendo 3DS - Cosmo Black
Nintendo 3DS - Cosmo Black
87 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really solid, better than expected., January 12, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I'm a lifelong nintendo fan. I tend to prefer more of the NES/SNES era stuff... and the original Nintendo DS felt like it was an extension of the SNES. Lots of oldschool style games, but updated. Ended up loving the DS, and I think the games on it rank up there with the best stuff ever on any nintendo system. I'm also one of the few weirdos who enjoyed the virtual boy when it came out. So the 3ds had me intrigued, but was overpriced when it came out and had no games that interested me. I also told myself I was going to wait for the inevitable 3ds lite, because every single nintendo handheld that there has ever been, has had a pretty poor 1st generation model, and is subsequently replaced by a significantly improved model about a year later. Well, after playing Mario Land 3D, I went against my plan and had to have it now.

I'm about a week in, own 4 games (Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Tetris: Axis) plus several downloadable titles.

Initial impressions.

Positive:
- 3d is surprisingly awesome. I feel like in some cases, such as Mario 3ds, it actually enhances the gameplay and adds new elements that aren't gimmicky. In other cases, it just looks cool. Some of the 3d-enhanced virtual console games don't really use the 3d to enhance the gameplay, it just looks neat.
- No headaches. Have to admit, it takes some getting used to, but I don't seem to have any issues with the 3d giving me headaches.
- I'm a real person playing under real circumstances, I have yet to notice any problem whatsoever with the battery life... even playing with 3d. It is on the charger when I'm not playing. No issues at all. Based on everything I'd read prior, I expected this to be pitiful.
- Oh, how I missed playing a system with buttons. I was getting sucked in to the world of gaming on my ipad 2. Don't get me wrong, ipad 2 has some tremendous games and a whole bunch of advantages over the 3ds, and quite frankly I think cell phones / ios / android gaming is going to make these types of systems extinct eventually, but man... I almost forgot how awesome it is to play games with an actual gamepad.
- Sound is really surprisingly good.

Negative:
- Touch screen doesn't work as well as most of us are probably used to with smartphones.
- Stylus placement is odd. Pulling the stylus out of the old DS was much easier due to its location. This one is behind the screen.
- The interface of the system just seems super clunky, poorly designed, old, ugly, inefficient, non-intuitive, etc. Doesn't detract from the experience of playing games, but it is just bad in my opinion. Feels like the type of interface you'd see on a 10 year old cell phone or something.
- Poor selection of games in general, whether it be cartridges or downloadable. There seem to be several outstanding games, but still, just not a whole lot to choose from.
- Makes no sense that SNES/NES games are not a part of the downloadable content. With few exceptions, they only include downloadable games from previous nintendo handheld systems. How awesome would it be to have virtual console games from the wii in sync with what is on the 3ds? There are no technical reasons why they shouldn't be able to do this. I knew it going in, so I'm not saying I was surprised, it is just disappointing.
- The price of games in general. This argument has been beaten to death, but it's hard to argue with buying 40 games on IOS for the price of 1 game on the 3ds. (and yes, I totally get the potential quality difference between a $1 IOS game and a $40 3ds game)

So the 3ds has plenty of flaws, plenty of things going against it, but I still really like it. It is cool. It makes me not want to play games on my phone or ipad. I really like some of the games. The 3d is impressive and feels fresh and exciting. I'm excited to see future updates, what more might come. I recommend it, as long as you can accept the flaws and can live with the fact that it very well might not have a wide selection of quality games, possibly ever, but definitely not for a while. The few quality games that are on it now are great though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6