Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL
Profile for BusyBusyMom > Reviews

BusyBusyMom's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BusyBusyMom "mountainviewmommy" RSS Feed (Mountain View, CA USA)

Sugoi Women's Jackie Knicker (Black, Medium)
Sugoi Women's Jackie Knicker (Black, Medium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running, February 23, 2014
I have a ton of yoga pants but I can't run in them because they just kind of roll downward around my waist as I run. Which is seriously annoying. This knicker is heavy enough that I'm not worried about the Lulu sheer butt problem, but not compression-heavy, which I really don't like. It's just right. I wear this probably 2 or 3 times a week to work out in and probably should buy another pair now. Really good price and great quality.

Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth/towel (3) Blue
Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth/towel (3) Blue
Offered by JapanSuperMall
Price: $11.43
18 used & new from $6.26

5.0 out of 5 stars This ain't no gentle exfoliation, February 23, 2014
And that's the point!

My mom was Korean and she used to buy these by the case from the local Korean store. I have one in every bathroom for all my kids and will leave one in the guest bathroom in the wrapping, for others to use.

When I scrub, I like to take off the top layer of skin. Okay, not really, but I do like a good scrub. It's invigorating. I especially like that this wash towel is LONG. So I can scrub my back without dislocating my elbow. In fact, it's so long, I will take one and cut it in half for travel. Because now I don't feel really clean unless I can scour myself.

It's not very much money and is a great way to keep clean. Much better than a loofah or any expensive spa-scrubby things I've seen.

Cuisinart CPT-180 Metal Classic 4-Slice Toaster, Brushed Stainless
Cuisinart CPT-180 Metal Classic 4-Slice Toaster, Brushed Stainless
Price: $62.99
55 used & new from $41.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasts quickly, evenly. Where have you been all my life?, February 23, 2014
My toaster (a big, slow toaster oven) died just before my recent vacation. I was staying at an Airbnb home that had this toaster. And I was amazed at how well it worked. It was FAST. And toasted evenly. So I placed my order online before I even left the house. Came home from vacation and it was waiting on my doorstep. God, I love Amazon Prime!

I have a house full of carb addicts. They all like their various breakfast carb-items toasted. That might be a bagel. Or a frozen waffle. Or regular bread. Or a pop-tart of some kind. (I never said we ate particularly healthy.) 9 days out of 10, I have 4 people vying for toaster time between the hour of 7 and 8 am. I tried to get a really big toaster oven to address this issue. But the thing was so big that it took forever to toast anything. Then it died. Problem solved! New toaster.

This baby is fast. It (only) has 4 slots, so there is still a small back-up in the toasting line but because of the speed, we do pretty well. The only thing to note is that the first time you toast in the morning, you have to use a slightly darker setting to get a nice, even brown. I start around 4 1/2. Then, the second run, after the toaster is hot, I can dial it back to 3 1/2 to get the same level/degree of toastiness. This isn't a big deal to me, but my youngest son has an issue with burned edges on his waffles.

I haven't really used the other settings (bagel, reheat, defrost etc). I'm sure people who are even pickier than my "brown edges" kid might want to play around with those. I just like a simple toaster where you drop your sliced carb thing in the slot, push down the lever, and wait for the browned goodness to pop up with a satisfying springy sound. And by wait, I mean, not until my roots start growing out and I need another touch-up. This fits the bill. Fast, even, simple and not terribly expensive.

Blue Wave 4-Light Rechargeable LED Umbrella Light
Blue Wave 4-Light Rechargeable LED Umbrella Light
Price: $57.93
12 used & new from $35.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for entertaining!, October 11, 2011
I am a big fan of outdoor entertaining. Here in California, we can pretty much live outside so long as its not pouring rain. But as we are in October, the days have grown shorter and it's dark long before I am ready to send home my friends. I now have 2 of these and I *love* them. Whenever people come over, they ask where to get these. I especially like that they are cordless and rechargeable.

Be warned that the light from these is not a warm light. They are LED so the light is very blue. I still use candles for the warm glow and to shoo away bugs. The combination seems to work well. Originally I thought I would need the 6-light model but after buying the 4-light, I am happy to report it's plenty of light. The 6-light would have been too much light and too harsh. Unless you are doing surgery under your umbrella, the 4-light should be fine.

All in all, these are just awesome and I love them!

Reclaiming Desire: 4 Keys to Finding Your Lost Libido
Reclaiming Desire: 4 Keys to Finding Your Lost Libido
by Marianne Brandon
86 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish they had written this sooner!, May 14, 2004
Dr. Goldstein changed my life and probably saved my marriage. This is not an overstatement.
After having two children in a relatively short span of time, my husband and I found less time for each other and, when we had time, I was utterly exhausted and disinterested. The advice that Dr. Goldstein and his partner offer in their practice, and what they tell you in this book, will definitely help you understand the root causes of some of these issues. Sometimes things are more complicated than they seem at first. But more importantly, this book will give you some concrete action items to help you make positive changes.
I was lucky in that my "issues" were among the most common out there and are very treatable. But that didn't make it any easier for me to cope with. I am fortunate to have found Dr. Goldstein and have been a patient of his. I have personally found Dr. Goldstein to be pragmatic and honest in his dealings with his patients. I appreciate that about him. His advice is straight-forward without being clinical or harsh. Above all, this is useful stuff that anyone can benefit from.
Talking about sex is sometimes awkward but Drs. Goldstein and Brandon talk to you like a real person in this book. Most importantly they give you real answers.