Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Jeffrey L. > Reviews

Browse

Jeffrey L.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 78

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeffrey L. RSS Feed (Exit 13)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
20 Slot Bamboo Universal Knife Block/Holder Without Knives by Shenzhen Knives.
20 Slot Bamboo Universal Knife Block/Holder Without Knives by Shenzhen Knives.
Offered by TAF International
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice block, good price, July 26, 2016
Nice block, lots of room, nicely finished, looks good at a decent price. FYI: all slots go all the way through the block. That's good if you have a very long knife or honing steel that needs a bit of extra room, or if you put a wet knife back in the block so some air can get in there and dry things out.

The only drawback is that my big Chinese cleaver does not fit. So it goes in a drawer; no big deal. The cleaver slot is only 3-1/4" wide.

Patchworks® Flexguard Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 - Extreme Corner Protection with Poron XRD
Offered by Patchworks Global
Price: $18.00
2 used & new from $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, July 2, 2016
Mine is for S7 (NOT Edge). Great case, stylish and protective. Nice middle-ground between too slick and too grippy. Wish there were more color/style options than plain ol' black.

The only real negative is that the cutout for the headphone jack is a bit too small and some plugs don't fit; especially right angle plugs.

Galaxy S7 Case, Guoer (Stripe Series) Anti-Shock Bump Proof Drop Protection Protective Armor Case Double-Layer Hybrid Defender Cover for Samsung Galaxy S7 Smart Phone (Black)
Offered by Guoer
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but worried about protecting screen, June 21, 2016
Ok case for the $ but it does not have much of a lip around the screen to protect it from a fall or just from scratches if the phone is laid face down. I've had plenty of similar cases that do have a lip of about 1mm. This one is barely noticeable. The slight curve on the glass of the S7 makes this even more important. Other cases preserve the ability to swipe in from the edges by having an enhanced lip at the top and bottom edge of the screen. This one doesn't. I'll stop using it as soon as I can get another one.

Ooma Core VoIP Phone System
Ooma Core VoIP Phone System
10 used & new from $38.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent with no drawbacks., May 18, 2016
I bought the Core system in 2009 and it has been rock-solid for 7 years. As long as my internet service is running, the ooma works great and calls are clear. If the internet goes down, then there are cell phones and any missed calls still go to voicemail (and you can elect to receive email notifications and listen to those messages from anywhere at my.ooma.com).

Assuming I've saved $30 per month by not having a landline, that represents a savings of about $2500. And that's not counting long-distance savings (free to conUS and ooma's international rates are VERY good - just top up the pre-paid account with a credit card). 100% Fantastic!

Do make sure that your profile has your correct current address if you ever need to make a 911 call.

Knox Solid Acoustic Dreadnought Guitar Case and Backpack
Knox Solid Acoustic Dreadnought Guitar Case and Backpack
Offered by aSavings
Price: $69.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Gretsch 5420, April 19, 2016
I love polyfoam cases. I've slowly been replacing all my hard cases with them. They are so much lighter but offer maybe 90% of the protection of a hard case -- and much better than a gig bag at the same price point. Great for storage or traveling if I'm handling the guitar myself. (I wouldn't trust anything short of a proper flight case for checking on a plane, though.) I also prefer the all-around zipper instead of the usual 3 latches on most hard cases that get bent out of shape or come loose too easily. The zipper on this one seems sturdy and heavy-duty but the zipper pulls are very thin and flimsy. You could put a small padlock through the two zipper pulls but it would be very easy to break one of them off. Guitar case locks are rarely worth using anyway.

This case is padded with a layer of black fur over the rigid foam and I feel it will protect the guitar from bumps and falls as well as any hard case. It probably won't save your guitar if a truck runs over it or it's impaled by a forklift. Neither will a tweed case, though. The storage compartment under the neck support is large and of course there's the huge zippered pocket outside. It comes with plastic clips on the rear for backpack straps (which arrived in the interior storage compartment. They seem thin and narrow and would probably be pretty uncomfortable to wear, though. You could provide your own I suppose.) The ballistic nylon shell looks good and I assume it's abrasion resistant and water repellent.

The hand strap is typical 2 pieces of nylon webbing with a vinyl/naugahyde wrap that closes with velcro. It's a little lo-rent cheesy but it works.

Verdict: good case for the price, very lightweight, but zipper pulls, backpack straps and handle are a little thin and underwhelming

It's a good fit for my Gretsch Electromatic 5420T in addition to dreadnought size acoustics.

ChordBuddy Chordbuddy Guitar Learning System and Practice Aid
ChordBuddy Chordbuddy Guitar Learning System and Practice Aid
Price: $13.97
21 used & new from $11.87

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive training wheels for beginners. You'll have to take them off some day., January 17, 2016
Disclaimer: I've played the guitar for almost 40 years. I've also informally taught for many of those years.

I ran across this device on a guitar belonging to a friend's daughter. As many reviewers have said, it didn't fit well and had to keep being re-adjusted.

But most importantly, it won't really help you actually learn to play the guitar. It allows you to practice strumming and picking notes with your picking hand. However, the fretting hand learns nothing. You will not learn any notes or chord shapes or get any practice fretting the strings at all. It's also very limited, allowing you to play only 4 simple chords.

It's only for the most basic beginner and I believe it would stunt your growth as a musician if you were to use it for more than a week. And it's pretty expensive for that very short lifetime.

Lenovo Y50 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop (59441555) Black
Lenovo Y50 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop (59441555) Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable and spent weeks in service status limbo, September 21, 2015
Great specs on this laptop. But mine (model 59440654 with the 960M nvidia card and 16gb RAM; otherwise identical) failed after only after 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS! It stopped charging and would not power on at all. I sent it in for repairs (at least Lenovo covered shipping and handling through FedEx). Now I keep checking the repair status and seeing "Your PC is currently on hold due to a service parts shortage. Please check back periodically for further updates".

It's up to you if you want to deal with this. I wish I hadn't. I'll update this review if the service status changes.

UPDATE: 9/21/2015 - It's been 11 days since I shipped it back. Repair status is still "on hold due to a service parts shortage".

UPDATE: 10/5/2105 - I received the laptop back on 9/29 (which is exactly 21 days after I shipped it). Seems to be working well so far. They wiped the hard-drive (no explanation. Why do this to fix a hardware issue?) Fortunately I did not lose any data but I had to re-download and install Win10 (and all my other apps/games of course).

Lenovo Y50 UHD 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop (59443796)
Lenovo Y50 UHD 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop (59443796)
Offered by Flash Deals (No Tax)
Price: $1,279.99
13 used & new from $740.00

Great specs on this laptop. But mine (model 59440654 with the 1TB hard drive; otherwise identical) failed after only after 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS! It stopped charging and would not power on at all. I sent it in for repairs (at least Lenovo covered shipping and handling through FedEx). Now I keep checking the repair status and seeing "Your PC is currently on hold due to a service parts shortage. Please check back periodically for further updates".

Lenovo Y50 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop (Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD, WIndows 10) 59445074
Offered by AMAZING WAREHOUSE DEAL
Price: $949.00
5 used & new from $699.99

Great specs on this laptop. But mine (model 59440654 with 16 gb RAM; otherwise identical) failed after only after 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS! It stopped charging and would not power on at all. I sent it in for repairs (at least Lenovo covered shipping and handling through FedEx). Now I keep checking the repair status and seeing "Your PC is currently on hold due to a service parts shortage. Please check back periodically for further updates".

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2016 9:41 AM PST

Lenovo Y50 High Performance Gaming Laptop - (15.6" FHD IPS LED Display, Intel Core i7-4700HQ Processor 2.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD + 8GB SSD, NVIDIA GTX 860M 2GB, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 8.1)

Great specs on this laptop. But mine (model 59440654 with the 960M nvidia card) failed after only after 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS! It stopped charging and would not power on at all. I sent it in for repairs (at least Lenovo covered shipping and handling through FedEx). Now I keep checking the repair status and seeing "Your PC is currently on hold due to a service parts shortage. Please check back periodically for further updates".

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2015 12:21 PM PDT