Profile for Our Gun > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Our Gun RSS Feed (Asheville, NC United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Go the F**k to Sleep
Go the F**k to Sleep
by Adam Mansbach
Price: $9.23
154 used & new from $1.73

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, funny, short book., January 3, 2013
This review is from: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
Got this as a gift for my brother and his wife who are new parents. They loved it. It's funny, and really captures the feeling of what it's like to be a parent. It's not meant to be read to your child obviously. Check out the Samuel L Jackson Audiobook version too!

Hamilton Beach 51101B Personal Blender with Travel Lid, Black
Hamilton Beach 51101B Personal Blender with Travel Lid, Black
Price: $16.99
84 used & new from $15.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Insanely cheap., January 3, 2013
Not the greatest blender of all time, but for the price it's amazing. I've only used it maybe 10 times, but I definitely put it to the test with ice cubes and stuff, and it actually did a good job. If you are blending every day I'd just go all the way and get a Vita-Mix, but for someone like me who blends something only once a month or less, spending 10 dollars on this is a great buy.

Bodum Bistro Electric Blade Coffee Grinder, White
Bodum Bistro Electric Blade Coffee Grinder, White
Offered by TopsApplianceCity
Price: $39.99
8 used & new from $28.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and functional., January 3, 2013
Like most Bodum products I've used, this is a super functional, stylish piece of equipment. We've had it for a year now I think. We grind our own beans in the morning. I find it works best to grind it for just 2-3 seconds at a time, pushing the button down maybe 5-10 times total to get the right consistency for a french press. We bought the white which is starting to get coffee stains as I expected it would, but I mean, it's white. I still think it's the best looking one, but, if you want it to stay looking super clean I'd get the black--you can't see the stains! Great product, thanks Bodum.

Dream Essentials Sweet Dreams Contoured Sleep Mask with Earplugs and Carry Pouch, Black
Offered by Dream Essentials
Price: $9.95
4 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I can read with the light on!, January 3, 2013
I often am up past my girlfriend, and with this mask I am now able to stay up reading in bed with the lights on without disturbing her. I used to go in the other room, which is no fun. So now we can still go to bed together even if we won't fall asleep at the same time. I even use it from time to time if she is up longer than me. We haven't used the earplugs really, but the mask itself works great and is comfortable. I forget it's on my face. This is only the 2nd mask I've ever used, but it is way better than the first one!

Duracell Coppertop AA Batteries, 20-Count
Duracell Coppertop AA Batteries, 20-Count
Offered by Bargenz
Price: $15.99
56 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best., January 3, 2013
Duracell has been making good batteries for years. If you find a good deal on them, you buy them.

I recently bought a pack of the Amazon brand batteries. They are better than I expected, but don't last quite as long as Duracell. They are a great price though. But I mean Duracell just makes great batteries! What else can I say?

Carcassonne Big Box 3
Carcassonne Big Box 3
6 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greats at an amazing price., January 3, 2013
This review is from: Carcassonne Big Box 3 (Kitchen)
This game is so good. I can't believe the great value with this big box too. I got it for around $50 and I think if you bought all the expansions here individually it would be upwards of $90. The box is well designed and fits everything perfectly. This game has become a huge hit at our house. We've tried out 4 of the 5 expansions, they have all been fun, especially the Dragon one. If you are interested in buying Carcassonne, I'd say just go for it and buy the Big Box. It's a game you can return to again and again. It's easy to learn to play, even if you don't understand the scoring right away you can still jump in and play and have the scoring explained as you go.

Some people don't understand how to differentiate the tiles from different expansions. Each tile (except for the main game tiles) has a grey watermark on one corner that has a symbol (like a barn or a pig) that tells you which set it should be used for. Just keep them organized in the box and you won't have a problem with set-up.

This is one of many great European board games being made right now, but I think if I was going to introduce someone to that world via just one game, this would be the one. Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride are awesome, then if you want to go deeper, games like Dominion and San Juan are some of my favorites, but this game is the easiest for new "gamers" to get into and grasp. I've even seen people win on their first game!

Qtips Cotton Swab, 1875Count
Qtips Cotton Swab, 1875Count
Offered by Shoppers place
Price: $14.99
56 used & new from $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as much cotton on the end as expected., January 3, 2013
I'm actually surprised that these aren't higher quality. I have had Q-tip brand q-tips in the past, and I remember them having more cotton on the end. These are fine, but when using them in the ear they are a little painful because there is not very much cotton. Last time I bought q-tips, I went with Cottenelle brand, and they had more cotton. But they also use plastic stick instead of paper, so I wanted to go with the paper sticks. I'm not sure I'll buy these again, I'll look for an alternative with a paper stick and more cotton on the ends.

Continental Gator Hardshell Urban Bicycle Tire with Duraskin (700x25, Folding)
Continental Gator Hardshell Urban Bicycle Tire with Duraskin (700x25, Folding)
Offered by Bicyclebuys
Price: $59.95
2 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't imagine ever getting a flat with these., January 3, 2013
These tires combined with the Sunlite thorn resistant bike tubes create an indestructible combo. I'm sure if I ran over a nail straight up, I would get a flat, but beyond that I'd be surprised. I've had this combo on my bike for about 4 months and have run over some pretty crazy rocks from the road work around here. They've bounced right off. I will say these tires are not light, so if you are worried about speed and weight, these are not for you. But for me this creates a smooth, reliable commute to work. I'll definitely get another set of these if they ever wear out. I got the folding variety because I heard they were easier to put on. They were hard enough as is--can't imagine if I had gotten the wire bead! But they are a tight fit, that's a good thing. I havent noticed any wearing of the side walls by the way as mentioned in another review. Try these out!

Scotch Heavy Duty Shipping Packaging Tape, 1.88 Inch x 800 Inch, Clear
Scotch Heavy Duty Shipping Packaging Tape, 1.88 Inch x 800 Inch, Clear
Price: $3.49
72 used & new from $1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Not all tapes are created equal., January 3, 2013
I have always used the packing tape from the post office and thought it was fine. But after using this tape I actually am surprised to say this tape changed the way i thought about packing tape! It sticks GREAT, and best of all the design of the dispenser actually keeps it where you don't have to always pull the tape off itself. I hate finding where the tape begins after it's stuck to the roll. I haven't had to do that once with this thing! I don't know what the difference is with this roll, but I know it works. Good job Scotch.

Kryptonite Kryptolok Series 2 Standard Bicycle U-Lock with Transit FlexFrame Bracket (4-inch x 9-inch) with 4-Foot Flex Cable
Price: $42.95
39 used & new from $37.97

5.0 out of 5 stars My mind is at ease., January 3, 2013
This is a heavy duty lock. I live in a city that doesn't have a ton of bike theft, but it definitely happens. When I go in to work with this locking up my bike (my bike is worth only about $500, but still that's a lot to me), my mind is at ease. You would have to seriously want this bike to get through this thing, and it would take some power tools and too much time. I still won't leave my bike downtown overnight, but it would probably be fine even then. Attaching the lock stand to the frame wasn't as hard as some people have described. You just have to fiddle with it a little to get it where you want it to be. It's not the highest quality bracket (it seems a little dinky compared to the lock itself), but it works. I also like the insurance policy, which I signed up for, and the fact that you can get more keys sent to you if you lose them. This is a quality product, and a good investment if you care about your bike.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6