Profile for Our Gun > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 73

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Our Gun RSS Feed (Asheville, NC United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Glencairn Crystal Whiskey Tasting Glass, Set of 2
Glencairn Crystal Whiskey Tasting Glass, Set of 2
Offered by Gift Depot
Price: $12.50
14 used & new from $12.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Required purchase for a serious whiskey drinker, December 29, 2014
Absolutely 100 percent the best way to taste whiskey. These have changed the game so much for me. I've now been drinking bourbon out of these glasses for six months, and I've found things in the nose and on my palate I never would have otherwise. It's really helped me refine my senses and appreciate whiskey more. Every whiskey drinker should own a pair of these--or more! A tip on cleaning...I almost never use soap on these unless I've left one sitting for a day or two with whiskey in it (hardly ever happens...gotta drink it all!). All you need to do: after you are finished with your drink, rinse well with pretty hot water and then take a paper towel and dry it, being sure to wipe the inside out with a little elbow grease, and don't forget the bottom of the interior where the last drop of whiskey likes to hang out. This will scrape off any layer of residue that may be there which can cause the glass to start looking a little old, brown, and used. My friend had a set of these that were kinda misty looking, and I took them to the Sink and worked this magic and voila they are now crystal clear like mine. Unless you put something besides whiskey in these (don't even try it!) you really should never need soap. Cheers y'all!

BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16 volt Lithium Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vac
BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16 volt Lithium Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vac
Price: $59.88
46 used & new from $40.42

2.0 out of 5 stars Great...until it died after three months light use, December 29, 2014
Great while it lasted but stopped turning on after about three months. The light comes on like it's charging in the charger, and I really don't think it's a battery issue. I took it apart and put it back together and still nothing. Can't figure out what went bad but there is an important piece in here that has died. I probably only used the thing seven times, for very light jobs. Ended up replacing with a $15 one of the same brand, just not as fancy. It has held up and does a good job.

Assassin's Creed - Ezio Trilogy Edition
Assassin's Creed - Ezio Trilogy Edition
Offered by X-Button Games
Price: $18.79
26 used & new from $17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best three games in the Assassins Creed series in one package, December 29, 2014
Three of the best games ever for the price of one, or even less than one! I played these all back to back, and I still can't decide which was my favorite. They were all so good. Perhaps Revelations was the best. If you are into Assassins Creed or want to be, this is a great place to start. AC1 and AC3 aren't that great...I recommend playing this set and then skipping straight to AC4. You can fill in the story gaps by watching recap videos online. The overarching story is cool, but not why I play these games. I play them to climb on great historical buildings and slay evil doers!

Pfaltzgraff Everyday Salisbury Satin 20-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 4
Pfaltzgraff Everyday Salisbury Satin 20-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 4
Offered by Silver and Crystal Gallery
Price: $29.77
9 used & new from $24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big and bulky for my taste, December 29, 2014
Perhaps I didn't read the sizes correctly, but I was pretty shocked how large the dinner spoons were in this set. It was as it it came with 4 dinner spoons and 4 serving spoons instead of dessert spoons. Also, the two fork sizes are way too close...and I really don't like the feel of the dinner forks. The salad forks are ok, but I wish they had been smaller too. Silverware is a personal preference thing, this was not my preference. I will say that after a year of use (still haven't got new stuff I know right!) they are in good shape, though we hand wash everything.

American Whiskey, Bourbon & Rye: A Guide to the Nationís Favorite Spirit
American Whiskey, Bourbon & Rye: A Guide to the Nationís Favorite Spirit
by Clay Risen
Price: $15.64
76 used & new from $13.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheers to Clay Risen, December 29, 2014
The reviews are true, this book is the best. Clay Risen has done a fantastic job of compiling tasting notes and histories of the majority of the American Whiskeys on the market today. While I don't agree with all his ratings, or even his tasting notes for that matter, I use this as a reference often, and I like comparing my notes against his. Some of his notes make me crack up, very descriptive. Look forward to more from this guy.

Angostura Aromatic Bitters, 16oz
Angostura Aromatic Bitters, 16oz
Offered by DeValley
Price: $25.40
11 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A16oz bottle is too big for dashing, December 29, 2014
While I love angostura bitters, I wanted to give this packaging a four star review instead of five as a bit of a warning--a 16oz bottle is extremely difficult to "dash" from. I didn't think about that before I bought this, my fault of course, but I hope you will. The normal 4oz bottle of ango is the perfect size for dashing in a drink. This one is tough...the weight of the liquid behind itself when you tip it over really gushes the bitters out, I usually end up spilling some with this bottle. And value wise this bottle was only a dollar or two cheaper than buying four bottles of the normal size. So unless you are batching large amounts of cocktails, I would say stick to the small bottle!

Apple iPad Air MD785LL/A (16GB, Wi-FI, Black with Space Gray)
Apple iPad Air MD785LL/A (16GB, Wi-FI, Black with Space Gray)
Offered by Vius
Price: $374.99
187 used & new from $254.15

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad has won me over, December 29, 2014
I've had my iPad Air for six months now, and while I knew I'd enjoy it, I had no idea how much a part of my life it would become. I never thought I'd be one of those people with an iPhone, MacBook, AND an iPad, but here I am. They all have their uses, and I've found that my iPad serves me as my main web browser and web shopper. My MacBook I use for photo work, longer emails, and downloading large files. For streaming off Netflix, hbogo, and Amazon prime, I mostly use my iPad. The iOS game selection is way better than I expected, and many of the games that feel like toys on the iPhone really shine on a larger screen like the iPads. I don't carry it out of the house much, so I can't speak to its durability other than that it feels like it will last. I have a light, folding case on it that keeps it from getting dinged up at home. I was just using it this morning and felt compelled to come write a review because I really just freakin love this thing!

Tovolo King Cube Ice Trays - Candy Apple
Tovolo King Cube Ice Trays - Candy Apple
Price: $7.97
28 used & new from $5.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, December 29, 2014
At this point I've popped over 100 cubes out of this thing, and it shows no signs of wear. I imagine it will last at least 1000 cubes if not more. I use big cubes for cocktails, and these are just perfect. One cube usually lasts me two drinks, and it only dilutes the drink ever so slowly, in a perfect way. Often I skip the mixing of the cocktail in a separate container and just build it in the glass, add this cube, put the tip of a spoon on top of the cube and spin it around about twenty times. Presto your cocktail is ready and will stay cold the duration of its life! Dilution is an interesting thing, I actually like how my manhattans and old pals change a bit with these cubes...they start out very strong, and cold but not ice cold, then slowly become colder and a tiny bit less strong because the dilution. It's a great way to enjoy a cocktail. Thanks Tovolo!

San Francisco Bay OneCup, Fog Chaser, 36 Single Serve Coffees
San Francisco Bay OneCup, Fog Chaser, 36 Single Serve Coffees
Price: $23.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Best, cheapest, k-cups available., December 29, 2014
Best, cheapest, k-cups out there. And I love the use of the bar instead of more plastic. I have tried almost all the varieties made by this company and I like them all, it's nice to have a couple kinds on hand depending on what yo want that morning. As long as they stay this affordable I'll be buying them forever!

Allen Sports Ultra Compact Folding 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
Allen Sports Ultra Compact Folding 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
Price: $75.12
16 used & new from $46.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job I asked of it, December 29, 2014
Use this with my Nissan Versa hatchback. I wasn't quite sure how to attach it at first, not much instruction included, but I figured it out. Took two road bikes on a two hour car trip and it did the job just fine. Didn't scratch the car or leave marks. Easy removal and it folds up pretty small, though I can't imagine ever getting it back into the bag it came in, but no worries there. One thing I didn't think about is that it doesn't have a built in way to lock the bikes to the rack (I mean lock as in preventing theft) so be sure to have some kind of chain lock to keep them safe....I suggest locking both bikes to each other and to the rack. This is only if you will be leaving them on your car unattended for a while of course.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8