Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for JP > Reviews

Browse

JP's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JP RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Apevia X-Dreamer 4 Metal Case with Side Window-Pink X-DREAMER4-PK
Apevia X-Dreamer 4 Metal Case with Side Window-Pink X-DREAMER4-PK
Offered by Apevia
Price: $69.99
13 used & new from $54.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes it is Pink but it not a sissy, July 21, 2015
Well I did not love it, but my daughter sure did! Yes it is truly a pink computer case. When my daughter told me she wanted a pink computer, they were not easy to find, so I figured I would just build her one. I ordered this and 3 of the 120mm Red LED PC Fans. When it came, I pulled out the top two factory black fans, and the one in the back and replaced them with the red led fans. Put in a power supply with the red led. Added the red led keyboard and mouse, also bought on amazon. and everyone loves it. With the red and black keyboard/mouse and the fans, yes it is still a pink computer, but it does not look like a sissy pc. Top of the line motherboard, processor, RAM, and it does not preform like on either.

Mediasonic HW180STB HomeWorx HDTV Digital Converter Box with Media Player and Recording PVR Function, Dolby Digital, HDMI Out (New Version)
Price: $29.98
11 used & new from $27.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy One, then another, then another and tell your friends, July 21, 2015
I would give this more then 5 stars if it was possible. Of the many things I have bought on Amazon (or any where else for that matter) this thing is truly amazing!!!! I can not say enough about it. Yes it converts analog to digital, but it does soooooo much more! It is a steal at the price asked. If you buy any other converter you messed up and I will tell you why.

1. It is very easy to setup and use.
2. Yes it converts analog to digital
3. It scans and finds all available channels very fast
4. The guide just does not show you what you are watching or what is on next. It tells you what is on for the whole day
5. Works with coax, avi, or HDMI

So you may be thinking big deal, my converter box does all that. What makes it so special? Well read on and tell me if your box does this.

6. It has a usb jack that will take any thumb drive or external hard disk. You can watch any movie in 1080 HD that are on those It will play all the popular formats like AVI. MKV, or MP4 (which is more then the Roku with a USB drive can play). Do a search for a streaming device that will play movies on any TV and you will find that they cost more then this does and they are NOT a converter box as well. But wait there is more........

7. It records as well. After I set this up, I recorded a portion of a show that my wife really likes. Later on I told her the converter box was set up, and asked her what she thought. The first thing out of her mouth was "Wait, when did they change the time that my show comes on?" Yes it is just that good. She was watching the recording and not live TV. The recording is just as good as the live (picture and sound) TV it was recorded from. So not only is it a converter box, it is like a HD DVR all for the crazy low price!!! It made me buy a 1TB external usb hard drive just for recording purposes, it is that good. This device is truly a jem and worth having and bragging about.

AZ Patio Heaters HLDS032-GTTHG Portable Table Top Glass Tube Patio Heater, Bronze
Price: $107.99
15 used & new from $72.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Not really a heater but a great looking visual effect for your patio, July 21, 2015
Very light and easy to move around, Takes only a few minutes to put it together. Slap in a little propane tank and it fires right up. For visual effects it is great, the only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that it is sold as a heater. All the heat goes strait up, so outside you will not get warm with this. Well unless you hang over it like a hot dog on a stick, which would not be wise. On the plus side, for the warm months, when you really want to be outside. It is nice, since it is already 90 degrees outside, the last thing you would want is more heat.

HAVIT® HV-MS701 Ergonomic LED Stress-ease Mouse for Gaming and Office Using, 3 LED Lighting Modes, 6 Buttons

5.0 out of 5 stars I would buy it again, July 21, 2015
It worked just as described. After reading some of the reviews and for the low price, I was shocked. I have only good things to say about it. The picture comes off as a pink, but it is a true red.

FreedomPop Samsung Galaxy SIII Unlocked Freedom Phone - Retail Packaging - Blue
FreedomPop Samsung Galaxy SIII Unlocked Freedom Phone - Retail Packaging - Blue
Price: $155.14
11 used & new from $94.96

1.0 out of 5 stars The freedom to scam people!!!, July 21, 2015
Freedompop has launched a new ambassador program to help promote/peddle their JUNK!!! People need to be aware of what a scam this service is and be an ambassador to the truth. Here are somethings you need to understand about how their scam works. This will cover the things they DO NOT tell you.

1. When you buy a freedom pop phone (from them) of course it is unlocked. There is no sim card or a place to insert one. What this means is that after you try their service with the free premium service for a month (and cancel it). You will not be able to take your phone to any other company. You will have a very expensive paper weight.

2. You will not get calls (unless it is within the first 15 mins of when you turn the phone on). It will go to voice mail. Now they do not have free voice mail. You will have to pay for this. It is another scam, since you will never get the voice mail. You will never get a notification, that you missed a call. People will then send you a text and you will not get that either.

3. Now I understand I am in a little 1 horse town that only has MILLIONS OF PEOPLE in it. It is called Chicago IL and I am sure most people have never heard of it. So I am not expecting clear calls or anything. I really do not expect to get calls, get informed of missed calls, voice mails, or text messages. After all, who would want this nonsense from a cell phone provider? Is this really why a person gets a cell phone?

I hope people are picking up on the sarcasm as I am laying it down pretty thick. When you have a problem you can go to their forum (which makes as much sense as naming a zebra spot). Not to worry, they have a thread on how to try and makes sense of the forum. After that flusters you beyond belief, you can call and get connected to some place in the Middle East. They will not be able to comprehend English. Again I understand it is asking to much to have people taking calls from a country to actually be able to speak the language. So you try to communicate with a series of squeals and clicks (at least I think they were speaking in dolphin). When you are unable to get your issued resolved, and ask to speak with a manager. You will be asked why. Now be very careful here. If you say it is because you are not happy with the help you got or you want to complain about the person you are speaking with...... You will be told that is not a good enough reason. You really have to push hard to get through to one. When/if you finally do, they will be just as lost as the rep that was suppose to help you. They love to remind you that it is a VOIP, it is a VOIP, it is a VOIP!!!! Well news flash, so is Comcast, ATT UVERSE, Verizon FIOS, and many other companies phone services (and theirs seems to work). A voip is not a reason for not getting calls, alerted to missed calls, no voice mail, or no text messages. After about an hour of them blanking any saved info you have on your phone (make sure you ask first as they will not tell you everything you will lose before they tell you to do things) they will tell you that your issues needs to be escalated. They will say it can take 48 hours, but 48 days later you will still have no response.

The bottom line is that freedom pop is a SCAM!!!! You can draw a picture of a cell phone on a napkin and get better phone service then you would from freedompop.

Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12.0, English (Old Version)
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12.0, English (Old Version)
Offered by DulyDeals
Price: $29.97
47 used & new from $20.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I am really not sure what the purpose of it is, January 2, 2014
I bought the download version of this (did not have any installation problems like others have stated). What I am confused about is the point of it. There are a few things you should consider before you buy.

1. What are you trying to do? (save time, makes things easier)

Dragon does neither! A program that flags misspelled words is useful. It is even better when it will correct it. Dragon gets words so wrong, that the recommendations are even worse. Of course this is after you reread something to find the wrong words. They are not flagged, so there is no way of knowing until you do. For example, I said the word "stray" and it puts the word "casing" into text. So unless you go over everything, there is really no way of knowing. If you have to focus that hard on every single word, as you speak, what is the point?

2. Is is faster then the average person can type?

Short answer yes, long answer is no. It is actually quite impressive to see it do nothing. Then a second later to pop up three paragraphs in the blink of an eye. So yes, it is rather fast. The problem is that it is wrong. The fixes take MUCH longer then the traditional ways of fixing things with a word processing program. In the long run it is faster and easier to just type it.

3. If I am a poor speller, will Dragon help me?

No, this would be the wrong reason to buy. Your mistakes will increase and not decrease.

4. If I am not good with punctuation, will Dragon help me solve this?

Again, the wrong reason to buy it. It really does not do it.... While there is an option to have it do it. Even the makers of the program advise against using it. It is VERY bad at it! So you have to SPEAK the words, "period, comma, colon" and so forth. Again I am lost as to how this is better or faster.

5. Did you bother to try training it?

First, it should be noted that I am as close to accent free as you can get (maybe that is the problem). People always tell me I sound like the 10 o'clock newsman. It came with a 30 day money back guarantee (I tried training it for 29 days). There are just way to many words we do not use daily. Take for example the word "aquarium" . Not a word the average person uses on a daily basis. When you do say it, it will be wrong. The actual training time could take years depending on your vocabulary.

6. What about all these reviews where they used Dragon? It looks great to me.

Yes but they failed to tell you that they had to speak punctuation over & over & over again. They also do not mention the room has to be so quiet you can hear a pin drop. Any TV, person in the background, will have it prompting you to repeat yourself (when you said nothing). Add all the other things mentioned, and take things for what they are.

7. What if I am unable to type, would Dragon be a good buy?

For this reason, Dragon is worth having. As I stated before, it is very fast. While speaking punctuation and fixing the errors would be a chore (people would get the general idea even if you did not) it is better then not having the option.

I gave it 2 stars for what it is not, (and not so much for what it is). I think people have the idea that it is "Star Trek" you talk and it does everything, WOW!!! It is a program in progress and nothing more. It is in the infant stage and still has a lot to "learn",
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2014 3:20 PM PST

Hiteker LCD37A5F 37-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Black)
Hiteker LCD37A5F 37-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars In a word JUNK!!!, December 15, 2013
This has got to be the worst product I have ever owned. This was a gift from my wife (so in no way a knock against Amazon, as she did not even get it here. But since I believe in reviews and Amazon, I thought I would share with others here to let them know what they are in for). The TV arrived and the stand was pretty cool looking. It had this this crazy mosaic look and I was thinking that is different. Then I noticed the blood from my hands. It was not suppose to look like this. What happens is they use glass for the CHEAP stand (over a small sheet of plastic). The glass had shattered into 100's of pieces and that is what was creating the mosaic look. So I call Hiteker and the tech ask if he can call me back after he is done eating breakfast. Yes you read that right, AFTER HE IS DONE EATING! The fact that the tech support is out of a persons house should be your first clue about the company itself. Well I never get a call back, so I call them again and he wants PICTURES! So I send the pictures and a few weeks later I get the replacement stand. It is worse then the original. Not only is the glass shattered like before, but this one has a bow in it of about 30 degrees. So I call back and they want more pictures. So we play this silly game 5 times. The 5th time (and 5 photo shoots later of the junk) I got a stand that is whole. I connect the TV to the new stand, only to watch it shatter under its own weight in about 30 seconds. Just when you think your problems are over with the stand, you realize this is the least of your worries. The sound is horrid. You punch in channel 32 on the remote and it goes to channel 48. All of the connections mount in the upwards position. In a perfect world, this would be great as it would lay right against a wall if wall mounted. In the REAL world, you have no choice but to wall mount it (since the stand can not support its weight). The upwards connections are a chore to connect and now you get the joy of watching the TV go monochrome since the connections are bad. I could go on forever about the problems and shortcomings of this product. The bigger problem is that it is not a design flaw, it is a company flaw. When you read reviews from other size TV's from the same company, you will see the same problems. It is not an "Inexpensive" company, it is a "CHEAP" company that makes CHEAP products. Save your money!!! I promise you that anyone who writes a good review of this product is the same person who will call you back after they are done eating breakfast!!!

Coby Kyros 10.1-Inch Android 4.0 8 GB 16:9 Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen Widescreen Internet Tablet with Built-In Camera, Black MID1042-8
Offered by vernal.tech (no tax anywhere)
Price: $89.00
25 used & new from $64.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Better pros then cons, November 23, 2012
If you are looking for the cheaper version of the apple, keep looking. If you want something that can play HD movies (both stand alone or sending the signal to your TV), reading books, checking email, playing games, and general browsing, then look no more.

The Pros:
1. Up to 40GB storage space. Not having space will never be an issue.
2. Large screen and light weight for its size.
3. Crystal clear HD movies and videos.
4. Ease of use
5. Read books even in bright sun light.
6. Sending and receiving email.
7. General web browsing

The Cons:
1. Single core cpu (can not access netflix and the like)
2. Screen is all but impossible to view in sunlight (other then books).
3. Horrible sound (unless using the included headphones).
5. Browsing is rather slow if doing more then a basic search
6. The camera is a joke

In a nutshell it is like a smartphone with a bigger screen and worth the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2012 4:56 PM PST

Certified IM180SS Braided Stainless Steel Ice Maker Connector, Stainless Steel (1/4"FCM X 1/4"FCM, 15 Ft)
Price: $16.99
17 used & new from $10.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, November 23, 2012
I bought a new fridge and while sliding it out, the copper water line broke. With no desire to replace it with more copper, I purchased this. It could not have been any easier to install/set up. The whole process took under ten minutes. Just finger tight on both connections and then 1/2 a turn with a wrench and it was done. No mess, no leaks, no problems. It does arrive in a coil and will want to retain that shape when you first get it. It is best to stretch it out and let it sit like that for a few hours prior to using it.

Asus ATI Radeon HD6450 Silent 512MB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card - EAH6450 SILENT/DI/512MD3(LP)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good card for older systems, January 18, 2012
I was looking for a HD HDMI video card (with surround sound) that would work with an old computer/bios. While doing some research and reading many online accounts, I saw that many cards that are PCIe 2.0 or 2.1 would not work with with motherboards that were PCIe 1.0... Even worse I saw many that said my motherboard would not. I have 3 older computers (2 HP/Compaqs dx2200 and a Emachine W3611) and one of the HP's only had the built on video. Since this card is only 32bit, I figured they might have made it backwards compatible (which does not seem to be the case for the 64 & 128bit cards).

As the days passed (waiting for it to arrive) the more I read about my motherboard and the more worried I got. I could not find anyone who said they had any luck with a 2.1 video card working. Well it arrived and the moment of truth was at hand. I popped it in and it booted right up (with a 2006 bios). Setting it up was very easy and took no time at all. With the vga connection there was no problem at all and a nice, clear picture. With the HDMI it routed the sound to the big screen tv (which is nice) but it disabled the wireless network card (which was not nice). Not sure why it only happens with HDMI.

Pros:
1. It WORKS with old motherboards that are PCIe X16 version 1.0
2. Installation and setup are a snap
3. Watching movies from the PC on your TV in 1080 HD is breath taking.
4. Updating the drivers was quick and easy from the AMD site.
5. Many options to use for viewing with more then one monitor
6. Many settings to tweak things

Cons:
1. It is only 32bit (ignore what others who say about only having a 32bit operating system. Windows (any version 32bit) will find and use 64 & 128bit cards to their full extent as they do on the other two 128bit cards I have). You will notice it is much slower.
2. The price is to high for this card. They have 128bit with twice the memory for the same price or less.
3. Programs that can use the gpu can not take advantage of this card.
4. Even the oldest of games seem to run in slow motion (but the graphics are nice).
5. Runs VERY hot

Overall if you are looking for a 2.1 card that will run on an old pc, this will do it (if your intentions are to use it for media and movie watching). If you are looking for programs to run better/faster, or any type of games, the Geforce GT8600 or GT9500 series are the better choice unless they cut the price in half of this card. If your computer is 2.0 or 2.1 ready, then without question get the 128bit with 1GB of memory version of this card for less.

That is why I only gave it 3 stars, as that is all it warrants.

Page: 1 | 2