Profile for J.F. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J.F. RSS Feed (Maumee, Ohio)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Nestle Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups (12 Packages with 2 cups per pack)
Nestle Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups (12 Packages with 2 cups per pack)
Offered by OverstockanUnderprice
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These things ruined my life, highly reccomend them!, January 31, 2014
As an avid lover of both Reeses Peanut Butter cups and Butterfinger candy bars, of course I'd try Butterfinger cups. What would possibly go wrong? One fortunate day my coworker handed me one to try, and immediately I was indulged in a chocolatey, creamy, butterfingery delight. Unlike Reeses cups, these are square shaped. The filling is smooth and creamy like the peanut butter in a Reeses cup, but it had the full flavor of an actual Butterfinger. Inside of the smooth filling were very tiny bits of the Butterfinger brittle which added a nice crunch but very little texture to each bite.

Needless to say, I'm addicted to these things now and can't find them in stores very easily. 5/5 will eat more (if I can find any!)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2014 8:24 AM PST

Bluefusion Bfcl2K Hands-Free Bluetooth Integration for Select GM Class Ii Vehicles
Offered by redonedeal
Price: $177.71
8 used & new from $123.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good in a 2007 Escalade, March 25, 2013
I purchased this to install into a 2007 Cadillac Escalade, and it works like a charm! Installation took less than an hour, including routing the microphone throughout the body panels so it remains hidden.

Audio quality is pretty good. I was able to sync both an iPhone 4S, 5, and Samsung Galaxy S3 with it and stream music without any issues. Although I noticed I wasn't able to get the album name or song titles no matter what I tried. It didn't bother me too much though, as the stream quality was high, as if I had a CD in, or direct aux-input.

Phone calls are pretty nice with this thing, though I can't dial on screen in the Escalade, I can talk and hear just fine. The microphone had a ton of wind/road noise according to people I talked to when testing, so I highly recommend getting a foam microphone piece to help reduce wind and other small annoying sounds. After covering the microphone with one, I haven't had any complaints about my voice quality, although I do need to talk a tad louder than I would directly into the phone, this is due to the placement of the microphone. Surprisingly I do get people's names and phone numbers appearing on screen when connected to phone. This is nice to be able to glance over and see who's ringing me while I'm driving.

I highly recommend this purchase, if your radio is compatible, get this. It's a lot cheaper than buying a radio with bluetooth built in, and you can get all the same great features for only a fraction of the cost.

Ray-Ban Wayfarer Square Eyeglasses,Shiny Black,50 mm
Ray-Ban Wayfarer Square Eyeglasses,Shiny Black,50 mm
Offered by Sunglass Express
Price: $85.94
26 used & new from $79.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The best glasses ever., March 25, 2013
I recently had to get new glasses, so I decided it was time to get a pair of Original wayfarers from Ray-Ban. I've owned the sunglasses in the same frame/style for years, and they were always extremely comfortable. Snug on my face, but never tight or constricting feeling, so right away I knew the prescription version of the frames would be a perfect fit for me. They provide a classic look, and compliment any attire. Especially individuals with dark hair, clean lines, and a face shape suited for wayfarers. You may have heard these referenced as "nerd glasses" or "hipster glasses", but I think they're a symbol of individuality and can make a bold fashion statement.

First off, the sunglasses are still hand made in Italy, and the optical frames for prescription use are made in China. Now technically they both are RX-able, so you can get the sunglasses and pop out the lenses for prescription ones to be placed into.

I've noticed a few things quality wise vs the sunglasses though. The acetate the frames are composed of feel a bit more dense in the Italian made version. Now the Chinese version is still built like a tank, so no worries. They both use the same freakin huge hinges, so those aren't a worry or concern. The very end of the arms where they connect to the front of the frames look a bit rougher than the Italian version (the area where you see the internal metal arm exposed). The plastic looks dull and sanded, while the Italian pair is smooth and glossy. The nose pads are also slightly different. The Chinese version has angular and pointier nose pads while the Italian frames have pads which flow and curve smoothly off the frames. The nose pad thing isn't really as issue since they both fit the same, and you can't even see when the glasses are being worn.

For people having issues adjusting these frames, I've found that boiling water and dipping the arms in for 15-20 seconds helps a lot. This will soften the plastic and metal arms, and allow for easier bending. Just make sure you use firm and slow pressure to make adjustments, and you hold them for a good 30 seconds or so for the plastic to cool and re-set onto the metal supports inside. If you need to adjust the bridge of the nose, try running the faucet with the hottest water possible, if the water has steam coming off, it's probably hot enough. Avoid getting hot water onto your lenses though. I was able to adjust my glasses on my own with some trial and error, and a few pointers from licensed opticians at Lenscrafters. These glasses don't have spring hinges which can conform to the shape of your head, so if they're tight or you're stretching the arms out to max, you should get them adjusted.

If I could redo it all over again, I'd purchase a pair of the sunglasses made in Italy and have clear prescription lenses placed in. The quality just seems a tad better, but at the end of the day the frames are practically identical and are both very high quality and extremely durable. I don't regret my purchase, and I love the glasses.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2014 11:45 PM PDT

Ledplux 7 Watt A19 LED Light Bulb Bright White 5000K - 40 Watt Incandescent Replacement E26 Standard Base

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 watts of blinding fury, November 27, 2012
I switched over from a 5000k 15 watt CFL bulb that I had on my desk while surfing the internet. I figured since I'm always at my desk, it'd be best to replace it with an LED light that will practically never burn out, and use less than half the electricity of the CFL.

When the light arrived, I was shocked at how well the packaging design was done. It was simple, yet so elegant and "green: feeling. I guess they emphasized on the green feeling since it is energy efficient haha.

It's much brighter than the CFL I had installed before, and it turns on instantly like promised. After a few hours, the top of the lamp where the bulb is screwed in does get a little hot to touch, but not as bad as a CFL or incandescent bulb would. The actual "bulb" part where light is emit from doesn't seem to get more than just slightly warm after hours of use.

Over all I love this light, it's cheap, bright, and will last a life time!

Michelin 5019 Stealth Wiper Blade, 19" (Pack of 1)
Michelin 5019 Stealth Wiper Blade, 19" (Pack of 1)
Offered by Sherco Auto Supply
Price: $8.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and cheaper wiper blades, February 13, 2012
I bought these wiper blades, 24" and 19" for my 2002 Toyota Camry. I've always used Rain X brand wiper blades, the cheaper ones. Those would hold up well for a few months, then begin showing their wear and tear, and bad streaks.

After switching to the stealth wiper blades, I've noticed less streaks, and much better performance. It really does wipe all the water and crap off your windshield, cleanly, and quickly. As I mentioned before, there are minor streaks, but not as bad as a pair of standard wiper blades you'd get with the 6 pressure points bracket. They're minor enough to the point I don't care, but it kind of irks me how they advertise the blades to not streak like traditional blades.

Installation was simple. The bracket that came already on the blade is what my Camry uses, but it's nice they also took into consideration that other cars may use another style of brackets, so they tossed in 2 different ones in each package. I ended up tossing those into the trash since they were no use to me, but this is nice they included them.

Looks, they're beautiful. These wiper blades add to the look of the car, no longer do I have cheapo blades on, but nice black, sleek, stealthy looking blades. Must be why they named them the "stealth" blades haha. They just fit my nice Camry much better than the old pair did.

I highly recommend these blades to anyone who wants a good pair of wiper blades and not the old crappy traditional style ones. They're certainly a lot cheaper than other brands like Bosch icon, or rain X latitude, and sometimes you get what you pay for...But at the end of the day, they're still a quality pair of wiper blades and they satisfy my needs as a driver.

Michelin 5024 Stealth Wiper Blade, 24" (Pack of 1)
Michelin 5024 Stealth Wiper Blade, 24" (Pack of 1)
Offered by Rollstone

Soul Calibur V - Playstation 3
Offered by Exuby
Price: $22.15
63 used & new from $11.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Great new generation of fighters, but still some flaws remain, February 1, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The soul calibur series has always been my #1 most favorite fighting genre. It's unique, weapon based, and has a wide range of characters with in depth stories behind each one if you've followed throughout each and every game. Every past soul calibur game has had guest characters that somehow "fit" within the timeline and story, sometimes they've been great characters, other times stupid ones that didn't make sense. Today we have Ezio Auditore Da Firenze, a proud and skilled italian assassin from the 1400's era. He fits in unlike Darth Vader and Yoda from Soul Calibur 4.

Soul Calibur V is a huge improvement upon 4, and the previous generations. Let's start with story mode, for once in the entire soul calibur series, there's a real campaign type story. You actually are forced to start out with a certain character and follow in his foot steps of his adventure. Before, it was almost like a more in-depth arcade mode with repetitive cut scenes and some background information. You had to previously randomly choose what character's story you wanted to play, and they were all too short to my tastes. I was excited to see this new change, especially the improved cinematics within the cut scenes.

Now let's move onto arcade mode. Arcade mode has always been roughly the same, pick a character, fight through stages, fight the final "boss". In 5, there are 6 stages to arcade mode, and each ends with fighting the "boss" on round 6. You have to defeat each opponent 3 times total before you move onto the next. If you fail, you can always retry the same stage over and over again. I may be wrong, but I feel like Namco cut arcade mode shorter, making it have less rounds. I actually like this because it keeps things short and simple, a good way to kill some time if you want a quick handful of matches.

Character creation! It's still the same junk. You pick if you want a male or female, skinny or muscular, and dress them up with items you unlock throughout your progression of the over all game. You can make some really neat characters, and some pretty lame ones. Character creation itself has become slightly easier than it was in 3 or 4, but one huge flaw I didn't appreciate was the fact that characters from 4 couldn't be transferred over. I have a handful of characters I spent hours creating, and now I'll have to re-attempt creating them, or not even bother with it. This to me is a negative in my opinion.

Multiplayer! I tried for about 15 minutes continuously tying to find a player to connect to. I never had issues in the fourth game, but in the fifth, I couldn't find a single person, even if I modified my search criteria. Maybe it's just me, or maybe there's just not enough people who own the game yet to come online. I was kind of dissapointed I couldn't beat down some poor souls, but maybe another day.

SC5 is a great improvement upon the older games, yet it still has it's flaws and quirks, but it's still a much better game in my opinion. I highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in fighters, or anyone who's been a fan of the story for the past many years.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2012 5:07 AM PST

MTM Pocket Pistol Case (Black)
MTM Pocket Pistol Case (Black)
Price: $6.99
13 used & new from $5.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case for compact pistols and extra mags, January 29, 2012
I recently bought a Ruger LC9 for self defense, and it's a wonderful little gun. In my opinion, it packs the punch and comfort of a full size gun, but in a smaller package. I was tired of using the Nylon pouch that came with the gun when I went to the range every weekend, so I purchased this case to help me out some.

The MTM pocket pistol case is exactly like you see. It's hard black plastic, and lots of foam inside. First off we'll talk about the plastic. Now compared to other pistol cases I've owned, this one feels a bit cheap to me. The plastic seems durable like it won't break or crack with use, but it just feels thinner than any other case I've ever had. Plano cases feel more solid to me.

When I first received the case, the foam on one side of the case fell right out, but it snapped back into the side it belonged at, and it still hasn't fallen out with repeated uses.

The snaps on the case close by themselves when I fold the case shut, this is kind of nice, but it could just be because the case is still new. By the handle is also a hole designed for locks in case you want your gun safely stowed away somewhere and unable to be accessed by anyone. The handle is also convenient and comfortable, no sharp edges or anything dangerous to worry about.

The case fits my gun perfectly, but I wouldn't get a case this small for a larger or full sized pistol like the one pictured in the listing. I can stuff my LC9, the magazine, and a box of ammo into this case just fine. There's not much room left after all that's inside the case.

Probably my biggest complaint is the fact that the handle is off center, so it makes carrying the case feel kind of odd, like one side or the other is heavier. I guess because of the size and design of the case, it had to be done, but it's not a big deal.

I still recommend this case, anyone with a smaller pistol, or compact pistol should get one if they take their gun to the range every so often. I like mine besides the few things I complained about above, but it's still a well built and trustworthy case. 4/5 stars!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2014 12:40 PM PST

Gillette Fusion Proglide Styler 3-In-1 Men's Body Groomer With Beard Trimmer
Gillette Fusion Proglide Styler 3-In-1 Men's Body Groomer With Beard Trimmer
Price: $19.89
2 used & new from $18.34

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect daily groomer for your beard, and your hair, January 29, 2012
I picked up one of these at the local drug store last night after having a coupon to get $3 off. I had a similar styler, but the blades were dull and a pain to groom myself with. It's quick, fast and easy to use, helping you to always look your best with all your quick grooming needs.

For as cheap as the Gillette styler was, it sure is my new favorite tool to groom with! It's got a lot of nice features that more expensive stylers have, but for around only $20, plus it's water proof for use in the shower! First off let's start with the fact that it uses pro-glide fusion disposable cartridges, how amazing is that? I can now toss out my old fusion power pro-glide handle since this one works even better. The cartridge snaps right onto the top of the styler, and with the press of the on button, it vibrates just as well, if not better than the standard power handles on the disposable shavers.

The handle is nicely molded, very clean look and provides maximum grip. The black is actually soft rubber, not hard plastic, so you won't find yourself dropping the styler or having it slip out of your palms. The power button is very small, but easy to press to turn the shaver on and off, the LED light is also nice and not blinding.

You can use the standard motorized blade directly on your skin without worrying about cutting yourself, or scratching up your skin. It's sharp, but only for your hair. It also includes 3 different style "combs" to attach to the shaver so you can style your side burns, beard, mustache, anything else you'd want to trim. With all these little plastic attachments here and there though, you'll need a place to store it all! Gillette is two steps ahead of you, because the packing it comes in also doubles as a stand and accessory holder for the styler itself, and all the little attachments included.

One nice thing not many shavers or stylers have is the ability to open the compartment behind the blade to clean out hair that can cause jams. The Gillette styler has a hatch you can pop off, and snap right back down to clean out any hair or gunk so your styler never jams, and will always work reliably. This is a huge plus for me since my old one was becoming weak and dull from all the hair trapped in the mechanism slowing down the blade and motor.

Besides the styler and the accessories, I received Gillette brand cooling lotion to use after shaving, and non burning shaving gel. I tried both, and liked them very much. The shaving gel made my hairs pirk right up after a few seconds, making shaving so much easier. I felt no burn or sting while using the gel, so it really does work. Afterwards I put some of the lotion into my palms and rubbed it onto my face where I had shaved, it did have a nice cooling effect, but I could have lived without the lotion, it has a nice light scent to it too.

For under $20, the Gillette Styler really can't be beat. It's cheap in price, high quality, comes with tons of accessories and samples, and it does a good job. It would make a great gift to any guy you know, or a gift to yourself!
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2012 7:42 AM PDT

Pina Zangaro Machina 11x17" Screw Post Presentation Book with Aluminum Hinges, Landscape Format, Satin Aluminum Finish
Offered by Hyatt's All Things Creative
Price: $82.28
6 used & new from $59.46

5.0 out of 5 stars The icing on the cake, January 19, 2012
The Pina Zangaro Machina aluminum presentation book is amazing. The aluminum construction is very clean and professionally done, there are no sharp edges or burs that will snag on your skin or clothing which is nice. For expensive as the book cover is, you'd expect top notch quality, the best there is, and it's worth every penny. The nicest feature that caught my attention right away was the fact that the aluminum hinge is built into the front and back covers of the book. Instead of being a sheet of metal with a hinge bolted on, it's actually constructed as one solid piece. Doing this provides a much smoother and cleaner look and feel.

11x17 is a very common size to get artwork printed on for display, but be warned, many print shops may only digitally print on 11x17 as their largest size. If you have artwork that you want bleeding edge to edge of the page, you'll need to find a printer that can do something larger, such as 12x18, then you can trim your artwork down to proper size to fit into this book.

The screw posts in this book are nice and easy to use, any flat head screw driver can undo and re-fasten them easily and quickly. Just be careful not to use too much force, you don't want to strip the head of the screw post, that would look bad during an interview! According to Pina Zangaro's website, most protective sleeves will work with this book, which is a nice touch. They allow you to use other brand products with their booklet so you're not restricted to Pina Zangaro brand everything.

Finding 11x17 protective sleeves is pretty hard, so you're probably going to buy Pina Zangaro brand sleeves for that specific size. You can easily find 11x17 portrait vertical sleeves, but rarely ever will you find them landscape and horizontal. You can also purchase 11" tall clear mounting strips to place your artwork into the booklet. They're cheap and easy to install, and extremely durable. The only downside to this method is the fact that your pages on the inside will not then be protected like they would be in a sleeve. The strips also cover the edge of the backside of your pages, so if you have double sided prints, something might get covered up.

Another nice thing about this book is the ability to get it laser engraved. You can purchase the book directly from Pina Zangaro's website and engrave your artwork or logo onto the front. I did it to mine and it came out clean and slick looking. It'll be nice to show off in an interview, sometimes the smallest details make the biggest impact on people and their decisions. Who wants to be the same old "nobody" with the same old fancy cases and booklets? Stand out, brand yourself, get your logo and name on your book. You can probably also contact any local trophy/machine shop and ask about laser engraving, it might be cheaper to do it locally, but ask for samples of their work before you risk ruining a $80 book. Another possibility is applying vinyl to the cover. Vinyl is cheap to get custom cut anywhere, and easy to apply to any smooth surface, such as this book's covers.

If you're a designer or artist, I highly recommend this book when showing off your artwork. Even if you're just wanting a nice way to bind your work for your own personal collection, this is definitely the way to go. Pina Zangaro makes a solid piece which will definitely give off a "wow" first impression to anyone who looks at it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6