Profile for Martin Lemos > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 253

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Martin Lemos RSS Feed (Millbrae)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Life Death Love & Freedom
Life Death Love & Freedom
Offered by Great Price Media
Price: $7.59
94 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, May 14, 2010
John brings us a dark, haunting album that shows us his depth as a songwriter and performer. Very stripped down sound, showcases his voice. Sounds a bit like Dylan, but that is not a bad thing. This is a very strong album, and I highly recommend it. If you are a new Mellencamp fan, this might be the album to start with, try "Scarecrow" or "Uh-Huh'. For long time fans, this will be another JM album to add to your collection

Inflikted [Special Edition] [Explicit]
Inflikted [Special Edition] [Explicit]
Price: $11.49

4.0 out of 5 stars This album rocks!!!, April 25, 2008
I am a big fan of Max Sepultura and of Soulfly, so when I found out the brothers reunited, I was stoked. I've been listening to this album non-stop for 3 days, and I can say I am totally glad I bought it. This is straight in your face metal.Stand out tracks are INFLICKTED,SANCTURARY,TERRORIZE, AND IN CONSPIRACY. I hink all the songs rock and I hope to hear more from the bros in the future.

Retrospective
Retrospective
Price: $16.29
41 used & new from $7.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good retrospective!!, March 21, 2005
This review is from: Retrospective (Audio CD)
I was looking for a good retrospective of the ANIMALS when I ran across this CD. Of course I was familiar with HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN, DONT LET ME BE MISUNDERSTOOD, and WE GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE. When I put this disc in my player, was I in for a real surprise. I love the early ROLLING STONES albums, the real blusey type early works, and when I heard BOOM BOOM, IM CRYING, BRING IT ON HOME TO ME, GOONA SEND YOU BACK TO WALKER, I was blown away. The music has feeling and the music moves you, something that is missing with the music scene today. Thats one reason I am listening to so much early rock lately. Of the 22 tracks on this disc, I dont think I skipped over any of the first 13 songs or so. Towards the end the disc kind of winds down energy wise, but SPIIL THE WINE helps to end the disc on a high note. I am very glad that I decided to add this disc to my collection.

Murder
Murder
Offered by }{}{ HEAR AND SEE MEDIA }{}{
Price: $8.99
40 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man In Black at his darkest!!!, September 29, 2004
This review is from: Murder (Audio CD)
MURDER is a compilation of hand picked songs by THE MAN himself. Every song on this album deals with the dark side of the human persona. Since I picked up this disc, I have been listening to it for a week non-stop. A few of the songs I have heard before, but that didnt keep me from buying it. FOLSOM PRISON BLUES, COCAINE BLUES, DELIA'S GONE, MISTER GARFIELD, DONT TAKE YOUR GUNS TO TOWN, are just a few of the great tunes that are on this album. JOE BEAN is in my opinion the darkest on the album. Its about a man being hanged for a murder he didnt commit, he was robbing a train at the time. As he is being hanged, the gov. is one the phone singing happy birthday to him as he is about to die. Life cant always be pleasent, and this songs show us that. I highly suggest buying this and adding to your collection.

Countdown to Extinction
Countdown to Extinction
Price: $7.20
104 used & new from $1.66

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER FREAKIN CLASSIC!!!!, September 22, 2004
This review is from: Countdown to Extinction (Audio CD)
COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION was the second straight classic that MEGADETH made. When I found out it was being remasted and remixed, I traded in my entire MEGADETH collection and bought all of the reissues. I have already reviewed the new RIP, and I can say that I am also happy with this version. The sounds are clearer and crisper. This version sound more metal than the original. Dave proved to the world that he would not be overshadowed by METALLICA and this album proves it. I totally dig the new version of SWEATING BULLETS. The beginning sounds heavier and I like that. If you havent listened to this album before, than I suggest you get this version, crank the stereo to 10 and just bang away. I think the first five songs: SKIN O MY TEETH, SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION, ARCHITECTURE OF AGGRESSION, FORCLOSURE OF A DREAM, BULLETS just will blow you away. The bonus tracks are cool as are the liner notes from Dave. If you want to know what real metal sounds like, get this album now

Rust In Peace
Rust In Peace
Price: $5.99
92 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars FREAKIN BRUTAL!!!, September 22, 2004
This review is from: Rust In Peace (Audio CD)
I wrote a review for the original and in that review I stated that on RUST IN PEACE, MEGADETGH finally stepped out of METALLICAS shadow. I still think this is one of the 10 greatest metal albums of all time. When I found out it was being remastered with bonus tracks, I traded in my complete MEGADETH collection and went out and got all of the new issues. This album sounds more brutal, more ass-kicking, more metal than the first one. The sound is great, in my opinion this remaster makes a classic album even better. Now I've read how some of the reviewers dont like how the vocals have been redone on some songs, and to be honest I didnt even notice the lyrical changes. You are entitiled to like or dislike what you want. If you never heard the original, than I suggest you sit back, crank up the stereo and listen to" HANGER 18, HOLY WARS...PUNISHMENT DUE, TORNADO OF SOULS, TAKE NO PRISONERS. Just sit back and crank the whole album, you will not be disaapointed.

Leave a Whisper
Leave a Whisper
Price: $10.25
88 used & new from $1.58

5.0 out of 5 stars A good hard rockin album, August 18, 2004
This review is from: Leave a Whisper (Audio CD)
A co-worker told me that I should pick up this cd and since we both have the almost the same taste in music I gave it a chance and I can say that I am not disappointed. LEAVE A WHISPER is a good hard rockin cd, that is one of the best albums out there right now. It is one of the first cd I can say I like all the songs on the disc. With the music scene today, you is really say something. With an album full of great songs, it is hard to single out any one, but I would say the trinity of NO MORE LOVE, BETTER VERSION, and BURNING BRIGHT are probably going to get the most airplay down the road. You want another surprise, check out the acoustic versions of SIMPLE, and 45. Those songs kick a$$. I would say SHINEDOWN sound is close to SEETHER, and since I love SEETHER, I love this album. I highly suggest that you add this cd to your collection. I dont think you will be disappointed

Contraband
Contraband
Offered by DAILY "Black-Friday" 4U
Price: $12.70
244 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars People judge the music, June 19, 2004
This review is from: Contraband (Audio CD)
I was looking forward to this CD and I can say that I am not disappointed at all. While I am disappointed that it is difficult to rip into my computer, I will not judge the CD by that at all, I agree with those who say that we should only be reviewing the music, and the music is kick a$$. SET ME FREE, and SLITHER are the first two songs most fans will recognize or have heard before and those two songs rock. FALL TO PIECES, SUCKER TRAIN BLUES, DO IT FOR THE KIDS, BIG MACHINE, HEADSPACE, hell the whole album is worth listening to. If you are a fan of GNR or STP, then this album is for you. If you are like me and tired of the cheap manufacted music that is so popular today and enjoy real rock music, then go out now and by this. I dont think you will be disappointed at all.

Redefine
Redefine
56 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A good metal album, May 8, 2004
This review is from: Redefine (Audio CD)
The first song I heard from REDEFINE was PRIDE, it is on the Madden 2004 soundtrack. That song rocks, so when I had the chance, I went out and bought the CD. I can say that I am totally pleased with my choice. This Cd just rocks, and unlike alot of bands, SOIL doesnt seem to be doing what is popular. The music is hard and the lyrics are good and this album should do real well. My favorite songs from the cd are PRIDE, CROSS MY HEART, SAY YOU WILL, REMEMBER and SUFFERING. If you are a fan of metal or hard rock, then I suggest that you add this disc to your collection. I dont think you will be disappointed.

Music from the Motion Picture "Purple Rain"
Music from the Motion Picture "Purple Rain"
Price: $5.00
341 used & new from $0.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands the test of time, April 11, 2004
PURPLE RAIN is alot of peoples minds, is the crown jewel of PRINCE'S career. Now I will admit that this album still sounds fresh 20 years later, and it has stood the test of time real well. NOt many albums can be relevent after 20 years, but this one is. On this album we have quite a collection of classic PRINCE songs in one place, you might not need to have another PRINCE album in your collection. YOu want great songs, here the are: LETS GO CRAZY, PURPLE RAIN, WHEN DOVES CRY, these are the big 3 off this album that were all over the radio. TAKE ME WITH YOU, THE BEAUTIFUL ONES, DARLING NIKKI, I WOULD DIE 4 U/BABY I'M A STAR round out this album well. The only track that I dont realy get into is COMPUTER BLUE, for some it is a great track, but for my taste it is only mediocre. Still I give this album 5 stars and highly recommend that you add it to your collection

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20