Profile for Man in the Middle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 379

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Man in the Middle "strasma" RSS Feed (Irvine, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Adesso 4235-22 Sonic LED Arc Lamp
Adesso 4235-22 Sonic LED Arc Lamp
Offered by Floor my Place
Price: $250.00
3 used & new from $250.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great contemporary LED living room lamp, September 15, 2014
VERY bright living room light! We found it entirely adequate even in daytime on the lowest of 4 settings. Also VERY attractive and stable, exactly as we had hoped.

The problem we bought it to solve was a corner containing a reading chair, along with two oil paintings, one on each side. Our need was for a contemporary, energy-efficient and reliable light that would fit between the two oil paintings, and emit light just above them both. This lamp is perfectly sized to do so, and both looks and works great.

The lamp did require a bit of skill to assemble, only because one wire needed a bit of help getting out of the way so two sections could be joined. It comes with all needed parts and a spare Allen screw, along with the needed Allen wrench. Nice to know we can shrink it back into a few pieces easily if we ever need to for moving.

Made in China, and the box looked like it had traveled a long way, but with two layers of corrugated cardboard, and Styrofoam inside to hold pieces in place, everything arrived in good shape, with only some bits of Styrofoam to vacuum up after assembly.

Definitely recommended!

3M 08898 Multi Purpose Spray Lubricant - 10.5 oz.
3M 08898 Multi Purpose Spray Lubricant - 10.5 oz.
Price: $8.94
10 used & new from $4.56

5.0 out of 5 stars General purpose spray household lube, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This arrived at the same time as a gallon of WD-40 I'd ordered for use at a Mexican orphanage we assist. WD-40 is about all the orphanage can afford, and about all that works in their high dust and low rain environment. However, compared to other spray lubes I've used, WD-40 is certainly not the only one I'd want in any other environment.

This 3M lube is far more general purpose than the WD-40. Not just a mix of kerosene and oil, it can be used in places that wouldn't last, or even be a good idea, such as the semi-annual lube of garage door wheels, or a bike chain (Let's leave the endless debate about the best chain lube for wet or dry cold or hot for another day. Suffice it to say that we sell several in the bike shop at which I've worked, and each has its fans.) Also fairly good for a sticky key lock, or penetrating a rusted bolt you need to loosen.

The main benefit for the average home is that this one can is good enough to be the only lube you have. Its exact contents aren't listed, but seem to be better than just a WD-40 clone or silicone spray. You may still want some white lithium grease handy for some tasks. But if you'll only have one can, this is a good one to have.

OXO Good Grips Twist & Pop Strawberry Huller
OXO Good Grips Twist & Pop Strawberry Huller
Price: $7.99
8 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for large just-ripe strawberries, August 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was really looking forward to reviewing this strawberry huller, as we love strawberries, like Good Grips products, and cutting off the tops with a paring knife can be a chore, potentially dangerous, and a bit wasteful of the good parts of the berry. I'd recently even considered buying it at a local store.

First, the good news. The Twist & Pop huller does indeed work, though I had to review the instructions to figure out its use. As promised, the huller quickly and fairly easily removes the green part of the strawberry, leaving the red part. The huller is also relatively simple to unscrew and clean afterwards. It even comes in an easy open clamshell package, though I did need scissors to clip and save its instructions for later use.

On the down side, this huller seems designed for use only with big strawberries, so removed more than I'd like from small berries. It also had trouble with squishy over-ripe berries, and did not always remove the leaves it cut out from the berry, leaving me to pick remaining leaves out manually.

Overall, I'll be glad to keep and use this on large just-ripe strawberries, but will continue using a paring knife on smaller and riper berries.

Update: Adding a star, as my adult son really likes this, and has now used it twice in the past two weeks to quickly prepare a quart of strawberries for family enjoyment. He really likes it, so I'm upping my opinion too.

White Sierra Men's Sierra Point Convertible Pants (30-Inch Inseam) (Stone, Large/30)
Offered by Campmor
Price: $29.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good light zip-off pants for shorter legs, July 31, 2014
These are great zip-offs for our summers, which feature cool mornings and evenings, but warm days. The fabric is very light, so passes breezes easily, which is good this time of year. Washing has not been a problem, nor has working the zippers. Only the front top button is sometimes a pain to open (compared to the snap on some other zip-offs I have.) I also miss the built-in belt of other zip-offs, now that I'm losing enough weight to need help keeping these up. But as a guy with short legs, these are very much appreciated.

Fenix E05 Flashlight, Blue
Fenix E05 Flashlight, Blue
Offered by JohnArm Store
Price: $19.50
11 used & new from $19.50

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this, July 31, 2014
I was having trouble deciding between this Fenix, running on 1 AAA, and the Fenix E0\\LD15 that runs on 1 AA battery, so I bought one of each. For power, the LD15e is preferable, with 4x the output on full, plus a very economical low power setting. However, there's also a place for this smaller E05, because it really is smaller, enough smaller that I hardly notice it in my pocket, and therefore have it with me rather than in a drawer at home.

Why not a 5th star? Simple. If I could only have one flashlight, it wouldn't be either of these, but rather my Petzl "Black Diamond" headlamp, which is a bit bigger than either, and uses 3 4 AAA batteries, but gives me an extra hand free.

Retrospec Bicycles Speck Folding Single-Speed Bicycle, Cream, 20-Inch
Retrospec Bicycles Speck Folding Single-Speed Bicycle, Cream, 20-Inch
Price: $294.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A real bargain, July 31, 2014
This is exactly what I wanted in a folding bike for our travel trailer in Mexico - something so simple and dustproof that nothing can go wrong, able to go at least 2 miles on the worst dirt roads, and so compact I won't resent the space it takes when stored. That it is also very economical compared to many folding bikes is a bonus. (I've had several multi-speed folding Dahons, and had trouble keeping the chain in place on all of them. Multi-speeds aren't much of an advantage when the chain on a derailleur won't stay on due to the short chainstay. I'm also glad this bike has an aluminum frame - lighter to carry, and less to rust if left outdoors.

Fenix LD15 High Performance LED Flashlight
Fenix LD15 High Performance LED Flashlight
Offered by LegacyStereo
Price: $39.95
22 used & new from $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, July 31, 2014
I was having trouble deciding between this Fenix, running on 1 AA, and the Fenix E05 that runs on 1 AAA battery, so I bought one of each. For power, this one is preferable, with 4x the output on full, plus a very economical low power setting. However, there's also a place for the smaller E05, because it really is smaller, enough smaller that you hardly notice it in a pocket.

Speck Products SmartFlex Card Samsung Galaxy S4 Case - Retail Packaging - Black
Speck Products SmartFlex Card Samsung Galaxy S4 Case - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $30.25
6 used & new from $22.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Lets you leave your wallet at home, July 31, 2014
My son had one of these for his iPhone, and commented on how freeing it is to just leave a credit card, drivers license, and a bit of folded currency in his phone. Most of the time that keeps him from also needing to carry a wallet.

Fortunately, this is also available for my Samsung Galaxy S4, so I too am not usually wallet-free. As promised, what I stuff in its slot stays there, but can easily be removed when needed.

In an ideal world, this would also allow wireless charging, but with less than a year left on my contract, I was having a hard time even thinking of paying for such a case.

WakaWaka Power - Solar Charger, Yellow
WakaWaka Power - Solar Charger, Yellow
Price: $55.79
18 used & new from $45.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, efficient, and multi-functional., July 31, 2014
I like the small size of this, and its ease of use. Having 4 levels of power for the LED lights is also great, not to mention the ease of charging it from a microUSB charging cord, or the ease of charging or powering any USB device from it.

The only negative is that its battery capacity could be larger. Once fully charged, I tried to use it to recharge a 50% depleted latest generation iPad Mini Retina, but it was only able to raise the iPad from 50% to 68% before dropping from from 4 to 1 bars of power.

Ninja Master Prep Professional (QB1004)
Ninja Master Prep Professional (QB1004)
Price: $49.95
45 used & new from $44.96

5.0 out of 5 stars So good we just bought another for our travel trailer, July 31, 2014
Just bought a second set of these, so we can leave one set in our travel trailer. So far as I can tell, this does everything I care about that a $500 Vitamix etc. could do, in a lot less space and with a lot less noise. We bought based on a Consumer Reports recommendation, and after six months of heavy use, agree 100%.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20