Profile for L. Chism > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Chism RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Rule of Queens (Book #13 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
A Rule of Queens (Book #13 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars It's time to end this, May 6, 2014
I have read every book in this series. I have tried to overlook the many flaws in the timeline, the obvious plagiarisms of everyone from Homer to the stories of Arthur, and the improbable deeds of the characters, but it is enough already. I'm a loyal reader when I start a series and always continue on to the end but I see no end in sight. There is, I believe a good story underneath this ridiculousness but I have grown tired of looking for it. I hoped this would be the last book but it seems Morgan Rice wants to see how much a reader will tolerate before they give up altogether. Okay I give up. I can't take anymore.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2014 1:35 PM PST

Shards of Time: The Nightrunner Series, Book 7
Shards of Time: The Nightrunner Series, Book 7
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm going to miss my nightrunning fellows., April 19, 2014
I have really loved this series. Waiting for each new book, constantly checking Ms Flewelling's web site for the release date of each book. Yes saying goodbye is hard, but I can understand it's time to move on. But on to the review of this particular book.....
It's fantastic! All my favorite people are there ( yes I think of them as people not just characters). Once again they fight for Queen & country against evil. I of course can't say much without giving way the story and I don't want to take away the joy of reading this for yourself.
Ms Flewelling wraps everything up nicely. So I left the series felling everything was settled in their world and all would be alright.
So with tearstained cheeks I say Luck in the shadows

The Golden Griffin (book #3) (The Dark Citadel)
The Golden Griffin (book #3) (The Dark Citadel)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars wow great series, March 18, 2014
I have to admit I didn't know this author and only read the first for free. Now I'm hooked on The Dark Citadel series,I'm even buying. Can't wait to read what happens next.

The White Princess (Cousins War Series Book 5)
The White Princess (Cousins War Series Book 5)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars What happened to you Philippa?, October 6, 2013
I loved the other books in the Cousins War but this book had me wondering what happened to one of my favorite authors.
I understand that this is Historical Fiction, but this book went to far with the fiction.

Winds of Time (The After Cilmeri Series)
Winds of Time (The After Cilmeri Series)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of the 'lost story' of Meg, November 9, 2012
I love this series.This book tells more about Meg's journey back to her true love.( I still want to know what happened to the plane and the pilot) Maybe in the next book we will find out.
Definitely worth reading.

Best of Randy Newman
Best of Randy Newman
Price: $9.69
75 used & new from $1.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal music if you are feeling nostalgic, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Best of Randy Newman (Audio CD)
"Let's drop the big one now".I always get a laugh me I hear this song. Seems as relevant today, as when it was first released.

Last of the Wilds: Age of the Five, Book 2
Last of the Wilds: Age of the Five, Book 2
by Trudi Canavan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.76
154 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, December 6, 2011
I'm a great fan of Trudi Canavan books,and series is one of the best. I love the strong females she writes about.Once again you can follow the heroine as she grows into a woman of great power.

Dorfman Women's Heart Straw Cowgirl Hat Natural One Size
Dorfman Women's Heart Straw Cowgirl Hat Natural One Size
Offered by Cambridge Select
Price: $20.00
6 used & new from $20.00

1.0 out of 5 stars bigger than it appears, December 6, 2011
The hat is much bigger than it looks on the site. It looks huge on my head. Also not the greatest quality. Not worth the price .

Thomas & Friends: Thomas' Read Along Storybook
Thomas & Friends: Thomas' Read Along Storybook
by Tommy Stubbs
42 used & new from $2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice teaching tool, August 7, 2011
This is a fun way to teach children to read. They can follow along with the books or just listen to the CD.

Queen By Right: A Novel
Queen By Right: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, August 7, 2011
I enjoyed this book. It gives insight into the War of the Roses and the women involved. Though the writer had to speculate a good deal about the relationship between Richard of York and his wife Cecily Neville, I found it very believable. Most books on the War of the Roses deal only with the men. This one tells of the women and the part they played in history. I never knew much about Cecily before this,and while reading grew to admire her,even love her.
Read this book and you'll find yourself laughing with her,loving with her and yes grieving with her. Cecily Neville was indeed a remarkable woman and 'Queen by right'

Page: 1 | 2 | 3