Profile for LeeAnn Voisinet > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 98

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LeeAnn Voisinet "L. Voisinet" RSS Feed (Lexington, KY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Disc-O-Bed Cam-O-Bunk Cot with 2 Organizers, 2  Cabinets and Leg Extensions, X-Large
Disc-O-Bed Cam-O-Bunk Cot with 2 Organizers, 2 Cabinets and Leg Extensions, X-Large
Price: $452.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Worth Buying, September 7, 2014
I'll be frank, at first, I thought it was a colossal waste of money. I was wrong.

Our tent SAYS it's a 6 person tent, but that would be if standard sized sleeping bags covered every inch of floor. These set up nicely with just enough room to get to the cabinets. They are heavy duty and just plain heavy--so good for car camping. The legs of the bottom bunk are rounded so there's no chance of puncturing your tent floor. With the extensions, they do wobble a bit with an adult on the top, but that was quickly remedied. My physicist husband just put a diagonal strap across the back side and the wobble was cut to almost nothing. Two small kids slept on the bottom bunk at each end and a big kid on the top. My 6'4" husband napped on the top in the daytime and says it's quite comfy for him.

They are both comfortable. We have a toolbox that has a top that forms a flat flat step when closed. I used that to make getting into the top bunk easier. The second day of camping, it rained all day. We turned it into the "sofa, piled pillows at the back, and it was quite comfortable for myself and two kids as I read to them.

The cabinets are a great. I used one for all the kids clothing, the other for all the non perishable food--made a great pantry (positioned so that I could unzip the window by it and get to it from the vestibule of the tent. We did a test set up at home and I loaded them up, then used them as duffels. They could be improved by adding a couple of straps that would let you carry them easier in the duffel position. W just used a length of flat webbing to make a huge loop through the channels and made our own. The organizers are not bad either, handy to keep little stuff up off the floor. The big pocket on the organizer is large enough for a "potty kit" (a ziploc bag with a flashlight, toilet paper, and hand wipes).

When using these, our tent actually seemed much larger. They're really excellent.

Mens Classic Leather Watch Diamond Accent Multifunction Day Date Konigswerk SQ201461G
Offered by ShoppeWatch
Price: $75.00

3.0 out of 5 stars My son liked it okay, August 11, 2014
First, I was sent one with a black case--painted. My son liked it okay, so I kept it anyway, even though I'm pretty sure it will get chipped. Also, even though the case is knurled deeply and there is a printed sliderule circle clearly printed, the watch does NOT turn to allow you to use it. This is clearly a "supposed to look good" watch. I hope it keeps working.

Swingline Tot Slim Portable Stapler, 12 Sheet Capacity, Includes 500 Staples, Assorted Colors, COLOR MAY VARY (S7079136A)
Offered by The Gift Closet
Price: $9.99
6 used & new from $8.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Usable, but needs a little redesign., August 11, 2014
Well, it works. The button to slide the stapler into "active" mode is too stiff to use on BOTH of them that I ordered. But you can just reach inside and push it on the inside till it clicks. The staple remover is plastic and not easy to use.

Crayola Twistables Erasable Colored Pencils, Assorted Colors (12-Pack)
Crayola Twistables Erasable Colored Pencils, Assorted Colors (12-Pack)
Offered by Court House Supplies
Price: $7.64
16 used & new from $3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Make your math papers look fabulous!, August 11, 2014
Great for math. The leads are smooth, erasable, and work fabulously well. Make really pretty graphs. The lighter colors also work well for highlighting.

I wish I could order refills of the colors I like most. I'd love to be able to get enough of the reds that I could use them for grading.

Principles of Physics, Workbook
Principles of Physics, Workbook
by Frederick J. Bueche
20 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Algebra based Physics Workbook., July 25, 2014
This is an EXCELLENT addition to the fourth edition Principles of Physics book. This is an Algebra based physics. Though it is actually a college course, it is totally appropriate for anyone that has taken Algebra II and has a smattering of Trigonometry. It can be studied at the same time as Trig.

Great for ninth graders.

Nintendo 3DS XL - Yoshi Edition
Nintendo 3DS XL - Yoshi Edition
Offered by Gr8Gifts
Price: $229.92
46 used & new from $192.00

4.0 out of 5 stars beyond adorable. Ordered as a birthday present for my daughter, July 23, 2014
Wow, beyond adorable. Ordered as a birthday present for my daughter. She loves it. The Yoshi is totally adorable. Gave it only 4 stars because it should have come with a charging cradle. Don't know why it didn't. I had to order it separately.

Speedo Swim Training Kickboards for Adults and Children (Blue)
Speedo Swim Training Kickboards for Adults and Children (Blue)
Offered by royal_premier_distributing
Price: $14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice kickboard., July 23, 2014
VERY nice surface that's easy to grip, without being the "raw foam" feel. Sturdier than most too.

The Lines from Lancaster County Saga Complete Series Boxed Set (Amish Romance) Vol 1,2,3,4,5,6
Price: $9.83

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, for myself and my daughter., July 23, 2014
I bought the first book because it was inexpensive and sounded interesting. I read it, my thirteen year old daughter read it. She asked me to buy this set and I was happy to do so. We'll both read them. Very nice stories. Good grammar (excellent, mostly). Heartwarming and quite richly done.

Holt Elements of Language: Student Edition Grade 8 2007
Holt Elements of Language: Student Edition Grade 8 2007
by Renee Hobbs
61 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Grammar and Writing Structure book EVER., June 17, 2014
If you want your writing to improve, if you want your kids' grammar to improve, then this book has everything in it. What it doesn't have are the ANSWERS to the often very difficult exercises. I highly recommend also buying the teacher's edition.

Elements of Language: Second Course, Annotated Teacher's Edition
Elements of Language: Second Course, Annotated Teacher's Edition
by Odell
28 used & new from $21.74

5.0 out of 5 stars ESSENTIAL for moms., June 17, 2014
This book has a fabulous grammar section. The exercises contain many examples of situations where grammar is important to meaning and accuracy. Having the answers right there in the exercise makes instruction very easy. Whatever grammar book your kids are using in school, this one will help you keep your kids on the right track in grammar. It's also a great reference.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2014 3:11 AM PDT