Profile for Sanjosemom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sanjosemom RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffeemaker, White
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffeemaker, White
Price: $16.94
35 used & new from $14.40

3.0 out of 5 stars New filter basket design is a problem., December 6, 2014
This is my third Hamilton Beach Coffeemaker over the years and and the design of this third one has been changed. The filter basket is smaller and as a result, the #4 filters are a little too large in height and diameter. I can trim the filter's height, but cannot reduce the diameter. As a result, frequently the filter collapses inward so the hot water does not filter through the ground coffee properly resulting in very weak coffee. This never happened with my previous two. This is a shame because before the redesign, this coffeemaker worked perfectly. I am going to work on a solution because a simple coffeemaker with cone shape filter is very hard to find. If I find a solution, I will post it in questions and answers.

The Original Adjustable Door Hinge ISB3B18 Interior  Hinges, 3-Count
The Original Adjustable Door Hinge ISB3B18 Interior Hinges, 3-Count
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for our doors sticking because of drought., December 2, 2014
Doors have begun sticking in my old house as the earth dries out during the California drought. Rather than trimming them, tried these adjustable hinges. While not a 30 minute job as instructions suggest, these hinges have worked to unstick my doors without needing to trim them. Just ordered a few more sets. When we finally get enought rain, we can adjust the doors again. Great product.

Endless Summer Model 251958U Patio Heater Cover For 36-Inch Domed Heaters
Endless Summer Model 251958U Patio Heater Cover For 36-Inch Domed Heaters
Price: $14.22
8 used & new from $7.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor zipper. Breaks., November 15, 2014
Similar to other purchasers, zipper broke in less than 6 months. :(
I am a seamstress and this zipper is too lightweight for the weight of the vinyl.
Should have used a heavyweight zipper.

CPS Wood Products Premium Easy Fit Box Spring Foundation, Queen
CPS Wood Products Premium Easy Fit Box Spring Foundation, Queen
Price: $153.91
2 used & new from $153.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Stabile, sturdy, quiet wood box support for my air mattress. Easy assembly., October 18, 2014
Assembled and set this up yesterday as a base for a two chambered queen size air mattress (similar to but not a sleep number). I wanted a base that was quiet, supportive, and did not wiggle. This rigid box foundation delivered on all counts. I assembled it right on the bed frame. Everything fit together perfectly. Package was complete with bolts, nuts, washers wood screws and a wrench. You need a phillips screwdriver for the wood screws. Sure beats a conventional boxed spring. This item is listed on Amazon several times, but they are all the same so find the least expensive option. I ordered with prime and it was delivered from Arizona to northern California in two days--pretty good for a 50 lb. box.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars You need to know your primary phone jack to work properly., October 12, 2014
I imagine this unit does block calls perfectly if set up perfectly in the UK. Unfortunately, I cannot set it up perfectly. I cannot find the main phone jack in my home. So a blocked caller rings once. I wish it would not ring at all. Also, in order to block a new number, I need to hit the block button on the unit (which sits in another room.) I cannot block a caller from my cordless handset, even though the CPR unit is set up with the handset base. Lastly, in order to manually block a number by entering it on my cordless handset, I have to connect the handset base to the CPR, then enter the numbers, then connect the handset base back to the line splitter.

So for me, the benefit of this unit is that a blocked caller rings just once where it used to ring 4 times before my answering machine picked it up.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2014 3:24 AM PDT

Polarized clip-on flip-up plastic sunglasses - true rectangle - 51mm Wide X 29mm High (113mm Wide) - Available in Polarized Gray
Offered by VS Eyewear, Inc
Price: $16.49
2 used & new from $16.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit. Just measure and remeasure!, October 4, 2014
My glasses are small rectangle shape and these clip ons fit perfectly. They hang over just one millimeter, making them easy to flip up with my thumb without touching my glasses. The trick is to measure and remeasure and compare with the measurements given. I am so pleased with these flip ups, I may purchase a second set.

Globe Electric 46505 3 Outlet Single-Tap Wall Tap, Grounded White Finish
Globe Electric 46505 3 Outlet Single-Tap Wall Tap, Grounded White Finish
Price: $7.00
2 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves counter space, August 20, 2014
I use these swivel outlets on my kitchen counter so the toaster, coffemaker ect. take up less counter space. Looks tidier too with the plugs facing down rather than straight out. I had a hard time finding this grounded version locally. Great product.

Cosmos ® 3 Pairs White Color UV Protection Cooler Arm Sleeves for Bike Cycling/Hiking/Golf
Offered by Cosmos Tech&Leisure
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sun Protection and Comfortable, August 20, 2014
I purchased these to wear to football games. Our seats are in sun all day. They worked out great. Fit was fine for myself and my husband. Comfortable. And no sunburn. Husband also uses a pair for golf. Glad we purchased them.

kilofly Purse Insert Organizer, Expandable, Grey, with Handles
kilofly Purse Insert Organizer, Expandable, Grey, with Handles

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made, December 24, 2013
Love this purse organizer. It is very well made, with two zippered pockets and lots of places to put things.

Random Harvest
Random Harvest
DVD ~ Ronald Colman
Price: $7.99
57 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A glimpse of Susan Peters this great movie too., December 20, 2013
This review is from: Random Harvest (DVD)
A wonderful film all the way around with Greer Garson and Ronald Coleman. But also catch the performance of the budding actress, Susan Peters who glows in this movie. Sadly she was paralyzed in a tragic gun accident and passed away several years later.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5