Profile for Brandon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brandon RSS Feed

Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound
Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound
Price: $89.99
118 used & new from $69.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, May 6, 2014
Love it, and I'm super picky. My ears are never hot or uncomfortable, improved mic quality over the Turtlebeach X56.

For the money, nothing can touch these headphones.

Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard with Backlighting
Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard with Backlighting
Price: $39.99
67 used & new from $32.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Flimsy Keyboard, May 6, 2014
Poor effort on Logitech's part. This board "seems" like a good deal, but after using it for 1 day, all of its flaws became very apparent.

The Good
-Programmable buttons

The Bad
-Price. For the money, this board is very poor quality.
-Keys. This is the Ford Pinto of key. Nothing is secure, there is significant lateral movement and shifting with each key stroke.
-Leg stands. horrible, this keyboard will move around and not stay put.
-Build quality. The slightest weight bends this keyboard.
-Looks. Plain and simple, it looks bad on my desk.

Returned.

Verbatim Acclaim 320 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive 97164 (Piano Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID. DO NOT BUY., December 11, 2011
This is a bad, bad, bad drive. I have owned 2, it's not a fluke.

1st drive: I backed up all our photos off my wife's laptop before formatting and reinstalling Windows 7. Of course when I went to add the photos back to the computer, the file system (FAT32) had crashed on the drive. I paid a local store $50 to recover my data, and off to RMA. The RMA process was quick and painless.

2nd drive: Learning my lesson about FAT32, I formatted this new drive with NTFS right away. I then needed to transfer ~150GB to another machine in the office. The files transferred from the original machine to the Acclaim HDD. However, when I went to transfer these data to the upstairs machine off the HDD, there was some chirping sounds as the disk attempted to spin up, and... well that's it, nothing. No disk recognition, nothing, at least this time the data isn't completely lost. So off to RMA it goes.

Summary:

Do not buy. Transferring large data crashes the drive, you have been warned.

Razer Naga MMOG Laser Gaming Mouse (RZ01-00280100-R3)
Razer Naga MMOG Laser Gaming Mouse (RZ01-00280100-R3)
Offered by FUTURE STAR
Price: $113.00
9 used & new from $64.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Mouse!, November 4, 2011
I bought it to play WOW, works incredibly well. I kept all my CD's on the 12-key.
However, I no long play WOW and use mostly for basic office work. I have programed copy, paste, and "paste special - Text Only" to keys 1-3 which is sooo nice for transferring information between different platforms. After using this mouse for about a week, you'll understand how crappy the simple $10 laser mice are.

This is a good buy, you cant go wrong with it. And dont worry, you can turn the lights off if you want to be conscious with it.

Razer Vespula Dual-Sided Gaming Mouse Mat - Speed and Control
Razer Vespula Dual-Sided Gaming Mouse Mat - Speed and Control
Price: $28.67
38 used & new from $24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mat, I like it., November 4, 2011
Kinda big (i'm not a gamer), I have it turned to the side, with the cushion against the keyboard. But it is very accurate and just something different.

I'd reccomend it to anyone (also makes for a unique christmas present, same as the Razor Naga)

Molten Women's NCAA Super Touch Volleyball (Royal/Silver/White, Official)
Molten Women's NCAA Super Touch Volleyball (Royal/Silver/White, Official)
Price: $48.74
12 used & new from $42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ball!, November 4, 2011
I've played at the college level and can't stand using the plastic pillows most people bring to pick-up games. This ball is the perfect "in-betweener" ball that offers accuracy and speed w/out the newbie pain.

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - Playstation 3
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - Playstation 3
Offered by JGmediasupply
Price: $11.87
242 used & new from $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars BAD, Linear, upgrading is pathetic, no camera angle changes, November 4, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This is a bad game. I have bought and played all Ratchet and Clank games.. and all were fun, just fun. I could spend hours just upgrading random weapons and exploring the vast worlds.

This game offers none of that. completely linear, upgrading is a third order condition, I hate it. If you start up a single player game, it takes you way back to major check points, and you have to listen to all the cut scenes, NO EXCEPTIONS.

this is the last insomniac game I buy.

Very disapointing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2012 5:39 AM PDT

Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2-Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
4 used & new from $330.77

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love this Recieiver!, February 1, 2011
After spending weeks pouring over every receiver under $500, I setteled on the Onkyo 608. And for a first time Home Theater shopper, I have been impressed. The on screen GUI is easy to use, simple display functions allow you to see all the information the reciever is getting, and what is being output. I was actually able to establish that my PS3 was only running in 1080i and the sound was being forced down a linear PCM channel, couple of quick adjustments and I was getting my full Dolby Digital Surround sound our of just 3 speakers thanks to Onkyo's Theater dimensional listening setting. Really, the simulated surround sound is quite good!
5 Stars all day.

Sony SSF-5000 Floor Standing 3-way Speaker (Pair)
Sony SSF-5000 Floor Standing 3-way Speaker (Pair)
Price: Click here to see our price
10 used & new from $156.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Money, February 1, 2011
These are just ehh... For the money though, you probably will be hard pressed to find a better set. right now I have them hooked up to a Onkyo 608, running just the two as LR channels with a JBL Balboa center channel. Running "Theater-Dimensional" listening mode with the bass increased to +6, these do pretty good. The bass is pretty weak though. I've got on the way a set of SSF-6000's, and these will be moved to Wide LR speakers which I'm sure they are more than adequate.

I Love the price!
Not inlove with the bass though.
Good Side or Rear speakers.
If your going to run these as LR Fronts, get a subwoofer.