Profile for Nemesis77 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nemesis77 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Beginning Remote Video Astronomy ... So, what's the matter?: Practical solutions to questions when starting video assisted Astronomy remotely ... ... So, what's the matter?) (Volume 3)
by Jim Meadows
Price: $27.50
20 used & new from $23.50

5.0 out of 5 stars remote video book review, March 27, 2015
Very clearly written. The best coverage of this particular area of amateur astronomy I have seen to date. Extremely useful. Would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get into remote video astronomy.

Ben Sherman Men's 3 Pack David Crew Sock, Brown, One Size
Ben Sherman Men's 3 Pack David Crew Sock, Brown, One Size
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, March 19, 2015
Socks just fine fit well - quality is excellent, thank you

Apricorn SATA Wire Notebook Hard Drive Upgrade Kit with USB 3.0 Connection ASW-USB3-25 (Grey)
Price: $21.99
37 used & new from $10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, February 2, 2015
This product is not compatible with the ACER ASPIRE V3-571g series of laptop computers. The product would not create a successful cloning. Upon contact with their support staff, which by the way responded quickly, said the same thing. They even suggested I download a newer version and then go through a complicated procedure to use it. They required a reverse drive procedure that I feel would not work. These third party software vendors need to list which computers their products will work with. I purchased a crucial SSD 500 GB drive for my laptop and even crucial stated that this software D2D is not recommended for use by them any longer. If you purchase this D2D software it may or may not work.

Orion 8879 1.25-Inch Enhanced Mirror Star Telescope Diagonal
Orion 8879 1.25-Inch Enhanced Mirror Star Telescope Diagonal
Price: $76.68
2 used & new from $76.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Diagonal, December 24, 2014
Diagonal solved the mechanical looseness I was experiencing

Etekcity ZAP 3LX 3 Pack Wireless Remote Control Outlet Light Switch with 2 Remotes (Battery Included) Programmable Function with a 100-Feet Range for Lamps, Lights and Power Strips
Offered by Etekcity
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Plain GREAT !, March 21, 2014
Bought these to replace a Stanley & Woods setup. Both these systems had serious range problems.In my home most wall outlets are situated low on walls and in many cases behind furniture. Neither of these products would work when the receiver units were placed in this configuration even a few feet away. My wife health does not allow the constant getting up and down required to use the Woods or Stanley remotes. The Elekcity remotes work for all locations in my home (receiver units behind furniture or through at least two walls . My wife loved the ability to turn on a bedroom light from the living room before retiring for the night. This is a GREAT product and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting behind furniture or through wall lamp control.

TRENDnet Network Cable Tester, TC-NT2
TRENDnet Network Cable Tester, TC-NT2
Price: Click here to see our price
72 used & new from $30.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat 5e Tester, March 3, 2014
This is a great tester. The design of a remote unit makes checking already installed Cat 5 cables a snap. Setting up a local area network extension from my home to my observatory would not have been possible without it. I gave it a 4 star rating as the instruction manual lacked clarity about using the other testers capabilities. I would highly recommend it for those building cat 5 cables runs and testing them to be sure the job was correctly done.

Coby LEDTV1926 19-Inch 720p LED HDTV
Coby LEDTV1926 19-Inch 720p LED HDTV

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality is very poor, February 7, 2014
Bought this TV 5 Feb 2014. It was defective upon arrival Feb 7, 2014. Tried Amazons repair option and was told company was OUT OF BUSINESS! but they did provide a 30 guarantee. At least I will get my money back. I would have been left holding the preverbal bag after 30 days. I think that all 3rd party vendors or Amazon should include a statement in their adds to the effect that this is a discontinued item. If Amazon is not requiring 3rd part vendors to state this they should do so. Thankfully, they set was bad upon delivery and not 1 yr. later!

So, before you buy a product I strongly suggest you do an internet search & confirm that the company is still in business; otherwise you will be stuck with a poor TV with absolutely no warranty This at least will allow you to get Amazon's warranty. Caveat emptor !

Smarthome 1626-10 FilterLinc 10-Amp Plug-In Noise Filter
Smarthome 1626-10 FilterLinc 10-Amp Plug-In Noise Filter
Price: $29.99
6 used & new from $24.36

2.0 out of 5 stars Filter review, February 5, 2014
Chose this rating as the filter only made things worse not better. Bought to try to improve Live wire transmission speeds over my house wiring system. All my efforts to improve speeds were a failure as isolating appliances I thought might be causing a problem did not help. I cannot recommend this produce for novices such as my self as so many situations one might encounter in ones home are almost impossible to identify and isolate without specialized equipment.

Fosmon Networking Cat5e Flat Tangle Free Ethernet Patch Cable (15 Feet, Black)
Fosmon Networking Cat5e Flat Tangle Free Ethernet Patch Cable (15 Feet, Black)
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $3.69
2 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Flat cable review, February 5, 2014
Round category 5 cable has a serious disadvantage in that in tight spaces cable ends can be crushed. Using a flat cat 5 cable can greatly eliminate this problem while not having to buy right angle adapters. I used this cable in my observatory to hook up a surveillance camera and found that it met my needs quite nicely. For persons having the same conditions I had I would highly recommend the cat 5 flat cable.

D-Link Wireless Pan & Tilt Day/Night Network Surveillance Camera with mydlink-Enabled and a Built-In Wi-Fi Extender (DCS-5020L)
Offered by CircuitCity
Price: $128.39
51 used & new from $84.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Review DCS 5020L, February 5, 2014
I gave this camera a "liked it" because of the mild distortion (curvature) in the picture. The camera works fine, however, expect motor noise when panning and stepping not smooth motion . However, in an effort to be objective the camera met all my needs. I use this camera to monitor my remote astronomical observatory. The night vision capability works well for me (9' x 12' observatory space').
I can only recommend this camera to those who understand that you get what you pay for and have similar needs like mine. One final note you must manually focus the camera lens, there is no auto focus capability.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4