Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for CAT > Reviews

Browse

CAT's Profile

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CAT RSS Feed (Colorado, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Echo Valley 4351W 45-Inch Illuminarie Dual Motion Wind Wheel
Echo Valley 4351W 45-Inch Illuminarie Dual Motion Wind Wheel
Price: $36.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute, July 14, 2016
I love the design of this wind spinner! Both "wheels" spin in opposite directions, and can get to spinning pretty fast in a stiff breeze. Some things you need to know-- it's pretty small, but if you know that, it's a lovely accent in the right spot in your garden. It's also not very sturdy, so you can't manhandle it when putting it together and pushing it into the ground (easier in damp soft soil). You may have to bend the "spoons" to accept the wind better, especially if only one wheel spins (carefully-- it would be easy to twist them off if you overdo it). And finally, make sure you have all the parts, and that everything is intact. Mine was missing the ball at the end of one of the wheels--I could have lived without it, but it's not just decorative--it acts as a weight and without it the wheel won't spin. The company was great about replacing it, though. The glass sphere in the center is not a light, it has phosphorescent material inside that gives off a very soft glow at night--so don't expect it to shine. In spite of the drawbacks, I just love it! It adds interest to my yard as part of a wind spinner "garden".

Crisscross Adjustable Bed Sheet Straps Suspenders Model W1 (Set of 2, White)
Crisscross Adjustable Bed Sheet Straps Suspenders Model W1 (Set of 2, White)
Offered by Soldout Planet
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These are PERFECT, July 14, 2016
I've tried sheet suspenders with fasteners like used to come on garter belts-- what a pain, and left stretched out marks on my sheets. These are great-- the fastener is like a typical suspender for your pants with plastic teeth-- grips the sheet without poking a hole. Adjustable length allows you to fasten accross, up and down, or diagonally in a X pattern. You don't have to remove the mattress for the initial installation--clip to one side, the run the elastic band under the mattress to the other side, clip to sheet edge. Some lifting is necessary, so if your bed is large you may need some assistance. To change the sheets, I just unfasten each clip, then clip it to my mattress pad while I switch the bottom sheet. That way I don't have to fish under the mattress for the clip. Takes a little more time, but worth it for those deep pocket sheets on a normal mattress that bunch up at night-- keeps all that extra fabric tucked in. If you have the opposite problem--sheets too tight that pop off the corners, you might prefer the smaller suspenders made for clipping across the corners--or a set of each kind. For the price, these can't be beat!

Seagate Backup Plus 4 TB Portable External Hard Drive for Mac with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0 (STDS4000400)
Price: Click here to see our price
53 used & new from $113.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as it should, July 14, 2016
I had previously used two Lacie 1TB desktop drives, alternating when one filled up for my iMac, but they were quite old, big, and slightly noisy. I'm glad I chose this Seagate 4 TB portable drive-- great capacity, small and sleek, and so quiet that I couldn't tell if it was even working until the other day when my iCloud inbox disappeared for no reason. I used Time Machine (mine is set to automatically back up through Time Machine) to easily restore what I had lost.

I have it on a shelf mounted on the rear of my iMac, but if I needed it on the desktop, it looks good enough to show. Comes with USB cord, no bulky wall wart. Great, lightweight, small unit would be perfect for a laptop user. As a desktop user, I'm pleased that it does what it should without cluttering up my desk!

Smooth and Shine Polishing Olive and Tea Tree Revivoil Instant Edge Smoothing Pomade, 2 Ounce
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $4.24
8 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it for all over styling pomade, not edges., May 4, 2016
Alright, we all know that everybody's hair is different (sometimes even different on your own head) and products are very personal, but I picked this up at Kmart for less than $5 knowing it was worth trying, plus I could return it if I hated it. What I've been searching for is a pomade or dressing to use on dry styled natural hair that will define my curls and cut the frizz some. I've tried oils and oil based styling aids which impart shine but no hold whatsoever. I needed something a little stiffer that wouldn't attract moisture into my hair causing a poofy ball of hair in short order. As soon as I got to the car, I scooped out a pea sized amount of this clear gel-like stuff, warmed and melted it in my hands, and smoothed it over all my hair. Lo and behold--definition, natural shine, no stickiness, and gentle hold! And while I don't use it for edge control, I have a patch of hair at the front hairline that frizzes no matter what I do, and this edge pomade smoothed those frizzes down! And it lasted all day. And I can reapply every day with no ill effects. And about the smell: to me it's not too intense, kind of minty, actually reminds me of the tub of paste we used to use (and some ate) in grade school--but doesn't linger. I'm sick of products that smell sicky sweet and invade everyone else's nostrils! This is my holy grail product for finishing my do! Try it for this purpose and see if you like it better--if not, return it.

Fellowes Adjustable Keyboard Tray (93841)
Fellowes Adjustable Keyboard Tray (93841)
Price: $72.99
69 used & new from $60.15

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I came back for seconds!, April 24, 2016
So useful that when the one exactly like it that I purchased many years ago broke suddenly (I admit I often put a lot of pressure on it), I hunted down an identical replacement. I have a walnut wood desk with two 3 inch drawers. I removed one drawer along with its hardware, and installed this keyboard tray under the desk in place of the drawer. Was easy to install--the only thing I did differently from the instructions was to assemble the tray into the bracket that allows it to advance and retract BEFORE I screwed it all into the underside of the desk (after marking and pre drilling my holes, of course). The reason for this is that my desk underside has a lip that would have interfered with sliding the tray into the bracket. I saw that at least one reviewer thought they had to remove or cut into that obstruction, but I didn't want to damage this beautiful piece of fine furniture. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you will if you have the directions and an installation situation like mine (so I hope this helps someone).
Bottom line: works well, positions my keyboard (apple wireless-the small one) and magic mouse ergonomically. The mouse tray is pretty much useless for me--it would be easy enough to not install it. If you have a bigger keyboard, you might not have room for it and your mouse. I like the gel wrist pads--keeps my stuff from sliding off, and is comfortable. Great value for the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2016 8:49 AM PDT

Plastic Patio Umbrella Base In Bronze, Sturdy, Lightweight, Convenient.
Plastic Patio Umbrella Base In Bronze, Sturdy, Lightweight, Convenient.
Offered by JM12Ventures
Price: $63.00
8 used & new from $62.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for me, April 2, 2016
Mainstays is Walmart's brand, and I actually bought mine there through their "ship to store" (and for less money). I put it together in no time, filled it with damp sand (held exactly 3--.5 cu ft. Bags from the home improvement store). I'm going to guess that since that amount of sand weighs about 150 lbs, I probably have about 180 lbs with the damp sand. While the base itself is pretty cheap quality (expected that for the price), once filled it's very stable, and my 10' cantilevered umbrella isn't going anywhere even in a stiff wind--at least not at the base. I prefer the look of a round base like this, and the compartments are so much easier to fill than those flatter weighted base sections with their tiny openings. The only thing I don't like is that the outside diameter is too small to completely cover the ends of the metal umbrella cross braces. Translation: potential tripping/toe stubbing hazard. But at least is doesn't look bad. Brown color goes great with my umbrella which has bronze colored pole. I know it won't last forever, but if I get a few years out of it before the cheap plastic wears out I'll be happy.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Anker 20W 2-Port USB Wall Charger with Foldable Plug and PowerIQ Technology for Apple iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, LG and More (White)
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as it should, February 16, 2016
This is exactly what I was looking for to quickly charge my iPhone and iPad at the same time. Charge time is as fast as with the oem Apple charger, and this Anker doesn't take up but a little more space than the Apple cube that charges only one device at a time. I have it plugged in next to my bed for convenient overnight use and it emits no noise, nor does it get too hot. Let's hope it doesn't quit working like some have complained about. But I don't move mine from outlet to outlet, so maybe that's why some have this issue? I'm super satisfied with mine.

Update 2/25/2106: Still works fine but it did spontaneously come loose in the outlet once, so now I check it before plugging in my devices.

Update 3/29/16: whoops! I just charged my iPhone for several hours and came back to find that one outlet is no longer working. Maybe I have one of those defective units. I'll be checking on that warranty now.

Baby Safety Locks | Child Proof Cabinets, Drawers, Appliances, Toilet Seat, Fridge, Oven and more | No Tools Required | Uses 3M Adhesive with Adjustable Strap and Latch System (6 Pack, Black)
Offered by Gizmo Group

5.0 out of 5 stars These are FANTASTIC!, February 16, 2016
I didn't buy these to keep a toddler out of the cabinets, though I can see how well they should work for this intended purpose. I have a mobile auto interior repair business, and I carry small metal shop cabinets in my Honda Element to carry my supplies. One of them doesn't lock, which is a necessity to keep the drawers from flying open when driving. I hunted the Internet for a viable solution and read hundreds of reviews (thank you, reviewers!) before deciding that these baby locks might do the trick. Indeed they did, even exceeding my expectations. Easy to install, the adhesive sticks solidly, and the locks couldn't be easier to operate. So easy, in fact, that it made me wonder if a child COULD unlatch it! ;-)
The design is ingenious, the company's service was great--they seem to care about product quality and customer service. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Twelve South BackPack for Mac | Storage Shelf for iMac and Apple Displays
Twelve South BackPack for Mac | Storage Shelf for iMac and Apple Displays
Price: $34.95
10 used & new from $19.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical, thoughtful design, February 1, 2016
This is a pretty ingenious idea and build. I had no trouble identifying and installing the proper attachments for both a high and low mount on my 27" iMac (tried both as I wasn't sure what I wanted). Ended up mounting it high on the back to hold my Lacie backup hard drive. I love having it out of sight and off my desk. While I am pleased with the quality of the shelf and the thoughtful design of the fastening system, and beautiful packaging, I am disappointed that the shelf seems to tip downward. It looks a little precarious, but so far my hard drive doesn't seem inclined to fall off (fingers crossed). I would recommend it overall.

Rain Design i360 24-27 inch Turntable for iMac (10033)
Rain Design i360 24-27 inch Turntable for iMac (10033)
Price: $44.90
18 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Apple compatible accessories Ever!, February 1, 2016
I owned and reviewed this item for my 20" iMac, but I recently got a 27" and couldn't be without my turntable, so I purchased this for my larger iMac. Of course, I love this one, too-- looks perfect with the iMac, as if made by Apple, turns smoothly, and provides the perfect platform for my optical drive. I did notice that there seems to be more wiggle room for the computer foot in this larger one--not sure I like that, but the iMac is heavy enough I've not noticed any problems. No more scratching up my walnut desk every time I turn my screen--gotta love that! Well worth the price!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5