Profile for Gerard M. Clarke > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gerard M. Clarke "GMC50" RSS Feed (Long Island, NY)

Cholesterol Down: Ten Simple Steps to Lower Your Cholesterol in Four Weeks--Without Prescription Drugs
by Janet Bond Brill
Price: $12.86
132 used & new from $1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Cholesterol Down Indeed!, September 21, 2010
In June 2010 my cholesterol was 243, the highest it had ever been. My cholesterol was always above range, usually 210-215, but since I was in very good shape otherwise this was not an issue. But when it spiked, my doctor wanted to put me on medication. But I feared once I went on drugs I'd never go off and I was loath to become part of the medical industrial complex. I asked my doctor to give me an opportunity to lower it through diet. (I was already exercising.) I bought this book that night and have applied all ten steps to varying degrees ever since. (I also stopped eating cheese and all meat except chicken and fish a few times a week.) My cholesterol as of September 10 is now 202, the lowest it's been in over 10 years. This book is just great - the author lays out her rationale in simple and straighforward language. And it's really very easy to apply these rules; they've become part of my everyday diet. I highly recommend this book - you will absolutely get results.

Judy At Carnegie Hall: Fortieth Anniversary Edition
Judy At Carnegie Hall: Fortieth Anniversary Edition
Price: $19.98
66 used & new from $1.36

5.0 out of 5 stars A Total Classic, July 26, 2006
You will never hear a more thrilling live album by arguably the greatest singer of the twentieth century at her absolute peak. If you don't buy this right now it's your sorry loss.