Profile for Satanika > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Satanika RSS Feed

John Dies at the End [HD]
John Dies at the End [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to read the book first!, December 27, 2012
Great movie, but because of budget and time constraints they really had to leave a lot of plot points out of the movie. Do yourself a favor, read the book and then see the movie! I only wish it'd been longer so that they could fit in more of the book. Otherwise LOVED IT!

Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips
Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips
by Kris Carr
Price: $14.31
273 used & new from $0.21

1.0 out of 5 stars Must be nice to be a rich and "unsick" cancer patient, February 25, 2010
This review is from: Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips (Paperback)
First of all, I have a bad case of "chemo brain" right now so please forgive my bad spelling. This book would be helpful if I seemed to have the unlimited access to money that Mrs. Carr seems to have. I would love to be able to go on a "cancervation" to my favorite bed and breakfast. Who's going to pay for it? The parts about shopping therapy were a laugh riot..-_-. Oh, that trip to Whole Foods to replace everything white and processed in my pantry. YEAH, because we all know cancer survivors are SUPPOSED to be VEGANS right? I wish I lived in such an idyllic world. Where I could just go to upstate New York and hike my troubles away. Wait.. what troubles does Kris Carr have? Well a rare form of cancer yes, but is she sick? Is she on chemo? Radiation? No wait.. she doesn't even FEEL sick and is having NO TREATMENT? Then who is she to give me tips on dealing with the days and nights of side effects of chemo? No one that's who. If you wanted mindless pandering by all means.. buy this book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2013 10:21 AM PST

The Road
The Road
by Cormac McCarthy
Price: $9.82
965 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars The Road has a dead end!, August 26, 2007
This review is from: The Road (Paperback)
I don't usually write reviews of books and I don't usually read anything in the Oprah book cult, but I took a chance on this one. What a waste of two hours! I wanted to read a story that took me on a journey with the characters, but by the end of this book I didn't really care if they lived or died. There is no explanation of why the world is the way it is, which is fine with me as long as the rest of the story is worth the mystery. It's not. It's written so badly that I could have written it! In fact I think I'll give you a little taste while I finish my review.
Did you like it?
Did I like it?
The book
Did I like the book?
Yeah did you like the book.
You didn't like the book?
No I didn't like the book.
Is that okay?
That's okay.
Can I read a better book?
Of course you can.

If you want to read something that will truly terrify you with a vision of the future I suggest reading Swan Song by Robert McCammon! Maybe we could recycle all the copies of The Road and make a real road that might actually go somewhere!
Swan Song
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2007 6:08 PM PDT

Mourning After
Mourning After
Offered by scifietc
Price: $34.50
25 used & new from $1.04

1.0 out of 5 stars NU METAL HAS GOT TO GO!, March 14, 2004
This review is from: Mourning After (Audio CD)
Enough of this pretend I'm hard and sing about my feelings crap. We have too many of these generic band for this to warrant any stars at all, but since I have to give it at least one here it is. People need to move on, the days of prozac are over. Let's get back to some real music now and make all these wanna be bands who got signed by a record company looking for that formula to go away. If we don't buy them, maybe they'll change the formula already!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Get funky wit yo bad self!, February 19, 2004
Ok.. so they lyrics aren't GREAT, but I think the point is more to have fun with the music than to be all uptight about what he's saying. So he's not scared of Manson (personally I want to have his lovechild..but that's just me) but he's not afraid of the right wingers either. Just that I'm not there with him, which I think is sweet :). Ok Ok.. so my point is you don't have to like one OR the other. Just let it all hang out and get your groove on!

Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper--Case Closed
Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper--Case Closed
by Patricia Cornwell
878 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Add another theory to the pile!, May 24, 2003
Interesting theory but Case Closed? I don't think so! There are some remarkable points made here and should be read by anyone interested in Jack the Ripper. However Patricia Cornwell's policy of, there is no evidence to prove I'm right, but there is no evidence to prove I'm wrong so I must be right, just doesn't cut it, pardon the pun. As far as saying it must be true because the experts said they would arrest Sickert, anyone can find an "expert" to agree to anything. Doesn't mean as much as it used too! So all in all, read the book for a good possibility for who The Ripper was, but don't expect that we've put the mystery to bed just yet.